PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPhone vulnerable to unauthorized access

Seb Per
2007-07-26, 15:37
Could also this happen with the N800? check 5th article from top. (edited)

http://www.mobile-review.com/fullnews/main/index_eng.shtml#14968

brendan
2007-07-26, 15:54
from the sounds of it, it an issue relating to the safari web browser.

Seb Per
2007-07-26, 15:58
from the sounds of it, it an issue relating to the safari web browser.

what about Opera and Mozilla then? Did anyone wonder about similar issue?

iball
2007-07-26, 16:27
what about Opera and Mozilla then? Did anyone wonder about similar issue?
Of course not, but then again why worry about it?

Seb Per
2007-07-26, 16:37
Of course not, but then again why worry about it?

because someone - like me :-) - might just be using his/her lovely n800 for business usage. I have learnt - the hard way- to become security conscious.

iball
2007-07-26, 17:04
because someone - like me :-) - might just be using his/her lovely n800 for business usage. I have learnt - the hard way- to become security conscious.
Well, if you work for a company with a real information assurance policy, then they wouldn't allow you to use the N800 for any "business purposes" whatsoever.
But the key is to recognize the device can be vulnerable and harden your network perimeter.

Seb Per
2007-07-26, 17:15
Well, if you work for a company with a real information assurance policy, then they wouldn't allow you to use the N800 for any "business purposes" whatsoever.
But the key is to recognize the device can be vulnerable and harden your network perimeter.

Following your reasoning, I ll assume no corporation will let their employees use an Iphone or purchase a fleet of Iphones for corporate usage. Right?
That will eat away some market potential.

iball
2007-07-26, 17:36
Following your reasoning, I ll assume no corporation will let their employees use an Iphone or purchase a fleet of Iphones for corporate usage. Right?
That will eat away some market potential.

No intelligent corporation will. Right now the iPhone is all but worthless for anything close to real business work.