PDA

View Full Version : Nitdroid N12 broblems

FinlandBoy
2012-02-04, 08:23
I installed nitdroid to emmc memory using these files:

N12_UMay.tar.bz2
nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel

Used this quide: http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC

First question is, how to install "N12_update_2.3.7.tar.bz2" and other updates? (and where are the update files, nitdroid.com is down)

Is there any way to get accelerometer working?
Why does my market always crash?

AND, how to get sdcard working on android?? I installed it on emmc, so sdcard should be empty.

I searched those questions a lot yesterday, but while nitdroid.com is down, i didnt get any proper answers :(

AndyYan
2012-02-08, 04:27
I installed nitdroid to emmc memory using these files:

N12_UMay.tar.bz2
nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel

Used this quide: http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC

First question is, how to install "N12_update_2.3.7.tar.bz2" and other updates? (and where are the update files, nitdroid.com is down)

Is there any way to get accelerometer working?
Why does my market always crash?

AND, how to get sdcard working on android?? I installed it on emmc, so sdcard should be empty.

I searched those questions a lot yesterday, but while nitdroid.com is down, i didnt get any proper answers :(

I suggest NOT installing 2.3.7 update (though myself has a blended 2.3.7, won't tell you how I made it ;)) because it's generally unstable and eMMC (32GB storage), sound, etc. won't work... Just stick to 2.3.4 anyway.
Accelerometer IS working, though in apps like Gallery and Speedx 3D the direction is wrong. I'm no developer so I don't have a clue.
Market? Maybe you should remove NITDroid using the autoinstaller here (BACKUP FIRST): NITDroid Installer (http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=22707&d=1316433657), after normal dpkg install (bet you know how to) there'll be an icon in app list says "NITDroid uninstall", use it to remove.
Then install using the X-Term way, like:
root
apt-get install multiboot multiboot-kernel-maemo kernel-power-bootimg (THESE ARE NECESSARY BECAUSE THEY ARE AUTOMATICALLY UNINSTALLED EARLIER BY THE INSTALLER)
mkdir /and
mount /home /and
tar xvf "NITDroid tar file"
dpkg -i "NITDroid kernel"
reboot

After you get to Android home, IMMEDIATELY SET UP GOOGLE ACCOUNT and try logging into the market.
External SD is unreadable no matter what you do - this is an unsolved problem of NITDroid and don't expect it to work any sooner.

Hope these helps!

vakkov
2012-02-08, 10:17
Use rc7 kernel - it's newer and better and accelometer works

AndyYan
2012-02-09, 03:39
Use rc7 kernel - it's newer and better and accelometer works

Currently using RC7 kernel with my N12 (just reflashed so I'm experimenting with my device with kernels and mods) BUT looks like accelerometer ISN'T working correctly (Gallery and SpeedX still tilts in the wrong direction! Check it out yourself) AND games like Fruit Ninja often kick out and reboot when load is high - however, after switching to NIT.06 Final1 kernel rebooting is no more.
Could I state from this phenomenon that RC7 kernel is more unstable and is NOT suggested?

ibrakalifa
2012-02-09, 05:20
i use nit06final1, its stable for daily, and i currently install 2.3.7 version without facing problem except call option, :D

oscarcirihillo
2012-02-18, 16:29
Hi, I wanted to ask :confused:, use nitdroid N12 version (2.3.4) installed in the EMMC, my prolema is that I can not connect to wifi, the connection to the 2.5G network is that it works perfect, so use a hotspot with my 3g plan on another phone, and broadcast the N900 with android,but does not detect the wifi network "mobilehotspot" :( maemo while doing so .. anyone else have problems with wifi?
sorry for gtranslate bad english.. :D

dannu21
2012-02-20, 16:48
i use nit06final1, its stable for daily, and i currently install 2.3.7 version without facing problem except call option, :D

ngapusi tox !:eek:

luketanti
2012-04-08, 18:36
I am having problems connecting to wifi and 3G too. I have to reboot to connect to a wifi spot or 3G connection. I do not know why. I have v2.3.4 n12 and kernel rc6.

Thesleex
2012-05-09, 09:35
hie guys, does nitdroid_n9_ics_alpha3.tar.bz2 support on N900. i install n14_dev_snapshot but it never finishes booting. what is the best nitdroid OS to put in N900?

ibrakalifa
2012-05-09, 10:05
ngapusi tox !:eek:

aseeemik, lha wong dadi kok, :p

Thesleex
2012-05-09, 10:16
@ibrakalifa what does that mean?

p900
2012-05-20, 09:08
hi guys. I installed nitdroid on my N900 using this guide here.
www.ninjaromeo.com/how-to-install-android-gingerbread-nitdroid-on-nokia-n900/
it seems to be working OK but i have a question. as the capacity of the system on emmc is only 200mb free (from maemo system) is it possible to make the micro SD card for nitdroid system installations?
I mean, I am not able to install anything from the market because of low emmc space. can I change that so I can install them on the card?

Also, as the N900 space (32gb) is divided into 3gb for system and 27gb for other files can I make the 3gb into 10gb without affecting the system files?

thanks

michaaa62
2012-05-20, 09:24
http://wiki.maemo.org/Repartitioning_the_flash#Using_GParted_-_Resizing_made_simple
By far the easiest and fastest way to increase space for optfs!

p900
2012-05-20, 11:19
thanks for the reply. can I also change the installation path to the mmc card?

edrick25
2012-06-01, 14:58
hey... i successfully ported nitroid to my n900 but while i am using nitroid after 10-15 minutes it reboot automatically and it is always like that when i using nitdroid.... what should i do???

illusionistM
2012-08-27, 19:24
hey , i want to ask ! i installed nidroid N12 Umay successfully but there is no network coverage they tell the bars are X-ed and when i try to do a voice call they tell me turn off the airplane mode .. when i do that it that it just wont turn off .. and di installed : N12_UMay --nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc4_armel.. and there were a superuser in the menu of the Nitdroid o please help me and tell me where did i go wrong .. ?

illusionistM
2012-08-27, 20:39
hello please i need ur help people !

michaaa62
2012-08-28, 09:00
It is not going to get any better. There are no voice calls, never been, probably never will!
You are encouraged to read a bit in this thread, plenty of advice, plenty of unsolved issues!
Use it as it is!

neduprince
2013-02-17, 09:51
please I followed the steps to install nitdroid to internal memory but the problem is that I cant boot to nitroid without sd present in the phone... please I need help cos I want to boot the device without sd