PDA

View Full Version : Reset Memory

myet01
2005-12-25, 10:58
How do you reset memory on the 770? I have been using it for 2 weeks now and this morning when I went to CNN it locked up on me. Forced it to turn off, when it came back on I went to memory in control panel and it would not show anything (hung up) and after a little bit a message showed that said "not enough memory, please close some applications" then the control panel closed. I have the latest software version (Updated it a week or so ago).

Tony

ttpcomp
2005-12-28, 23:44
Reset memory.

If it the RS-MMC you want to reset = format, you do it like this:

Call up the File manager

Go to Memory Card

Click on the down arrow, left of: Filemanager -

Select Memory Card

Select Format

TTP

ttpcomp
2005-12-28, 23:46
PS.

Try to do a backup via USB first.

DS.

putkowski
2005-12-29, 04:29
How do you reset memory on the 770? I have been using it for 2 weeks now and this morning when I went to CNN it locked up on me. Forced it to turn off, when it came back on I went to memory in control panel and it would not show anything (hung up) and after a little bit a message showed that said "not enough memory, please close some applications" then the control panel closed. I have the latest software version (Updated it a week or so ago).

Tony

Hold on. Reset memory = re-flash memory. re-formatting the rs-mmc card will not change the overall behaviour of the 770.

You need to search the forum for the procedure to re-flash the device.

The "hang" on the memory applet is discussed here over and over.

After you find the instructions to re-flash the 770, you could search the forum for "raincoat" for how to save your stuff and put it back after a "flash"

have a good week