PDA

View Full Version : Help my pidgin died!

kudos1uk
2007-08-01, 12:19
I updated the new version of Pidgin, was using it fine, switched accounts and it hung then crashed saying internal error. After that it would not start, I just get loading in the top right of the desktop which after a while vanishes.

I uninstalled Pidgin and plugin, then after restarting re-installed but still no change.

Anyone help in any way?

Frankowitz
2007-08-01, 12:46
I had no problems updating Pidgin.
Maybe you need to clean up some settings?

kudos1uk
2007-08-01, 13:00
As I say it was all working well until i tried to switch account, as soon as I clicked activate that was it.

I Can't even start it now it just says loading so i can't change any setting.

Is there a folder i can delete after uninstalling to ensure it completely gone?

loki
2007-08-07, 23:35
Did you installed the new otr-plugin?
It had the same problems like you "internal error ...".

Deinstall it, and retry!

greetz,
loki

rcadden
2007-08-08, 14:38
I installed Pidgin for the first time last night, using the repositories. I added the sounds, AIM, and MSN plugins. I'm able to sign in and see my buddy list, open a chat, and type, but as soon as I click send, it emit this NASTY loud beep and closes everything that I have open. Using an N800 with the new firmware, any help?

aganon
2007-08-10, 20:11
I installed pidgin and the AOL plugin and everything is fine except that I can't open the keyboard to type in an instant message. I can insert a smiley and send that, but no text. I didn't have this problem with GAIM. What am I missing?

jerryo1
2007-08-10, 21:36
I installed pidgin and the AOL plugin and everything is fine except that I can't open the keyboard to type in an instant message. I can insert a smiley and send that, but no text. I didn't have this problem with GAIM. What am I missing?

I was having the same problem until I realized that by closing the toolbar it would allow me to access the text box, and therefore the keyboard. Good luck!

aganon
2007-08-11, 01:04
Yes, that does it. Thanks. For anyone else it's
Options > Show Formatting Toolbars

ACiD
2007-08-25, 13:45
i've fixed the 'not loading' problem (same as kudos1uk experienced) by just removing the /home/usr/.purple/prefx.xml. after this Pidgin will start normally, although you will need to reconfigure it from the scratch.

hsfgroup
2007-08-27, 01:39
How do I remove the file as suggested?

removing the /home/usr/.purple/prefx.xml. after this Pidgin will start normally, although you will need to reconfigure it from the scratch

curiousj
2007-09-07, 02:48
i've fixed the 'not loading' problem (same as kudos1uk experienced) by just removing the /home/usr/.purple/prefx.xml. after this Pidgin will start normally, although you will need to reconfigure it from the scratch.

ah. great. pidgin is back for me now.

(its prefs.xml but im sure everyone would have figured that out.)

gerbick
2007-09-15, 05:42
well dang... not only did search lead me to this, but it fixed my problem as well.

Thanks ACiD.