PDA

View Full Version : Mobile MMC (real) problem

fredoll
2005-12-25, 19:37
Hi,

I bought a Kingston MMC Mobile 512 MB for My Nokia and used it for alomst a month and ...
Merry Christmas ! this morning it stopped working !
The 770 reported No memory Card inserted ...
When read on a PC or a Nokia Phone (as a MMC card) it was reported as not formated : I formated it but the 770 could still not see it !
It can "see" the 64 MB Nokia That came with it.
I suspect that the problem is linked with the Mobile part of the card (it's a Mobile MMC ie Dual Voltage) and it's read OK when accessed as a "normal" MMC card (5V I suppose)
Any idea ?

O Fred

Jerome
2005-12-25, 21:37
The 770 access the card as 5V, that is not the problem.

Try cleaning the contacts, that rarely hurts. Then reformat. If it still does not work, Kingston gives 5 years of warranty (at least), so you know whom to ask...

I have had 2 cards fail (1 CF, 1 MMC), both from Kingston. I suppose it is just bad luck on their part, as my sample is too small to be statistically significant. Kingston did exchange them.

fredoll
2005-12-26, 10:01
Thanks I'll try that but as the card is read on my Nokia Phone & PCMCIA card reader ... And as I can read another card on the 770 ...
Fred

Jerome
2005-12-26, 10:55
Do the following in your card reader: try to copy a very big file (almost filling up the card). See if you have errors.

bhima
2005-12-26, 17:37
I had an RS-MMC card fail once. It sometimes worked, it sometimes didn't. Sometimes I would copy files to it, and they wouldn't end up being there.

The card's behaviour was very unpredictable. It also sometimes made my computer slow down constantly retrying reads or writes to it.

The vendor replaced it with a new one and I've been happy since then.

Hedgecore
2005-12-26, 20:39
:rolleyes: Freeze the card for a day? Used to re-juice those phone cards :rolleyes:

Kennew
2006-06-16, 05:40
halo.,...can u help me ? i want to know...y my card cannot send or receive anythings?as i open MsvdriveE, all things receive will auto go into card......BUT now....when i open it ...i cannot send things through blue-tooth.....it say " fileman: system error....i only can send or receive things when i closed the MsvdriveE and by using on phone memory but my phone memory is low...cannot receive large files..........my phone is N-Gage QD ..
can u teach me how to do ?

konttori
2006-06-16, 06:27
fredoll: try formatting the card from 770 filemanger.

Kennew
2006-06-19, 06:24
i already format the card....n now can send things by using blue-tooth.......but as i open MsvDriveE .....msg cannot send :(