PDA

View Full Version : [Announce] Eyrie Music Detection - 0.2 Released

Elleo
2012-05-23, 23:01
Eyrie is designed to find out information about music that’s playing nearby. It does this by making use of the EchoPrint algorithm to extract musical features from whatever you’re currently hearing. This is then used to find out the name of the artist and track from The EchoNest. Currently the database of songs accessible via EchoPrint fingerprints is a bit small, but it has the advantage of being an open database that anyone can submit fingerprint information to (although at the moment the process for adding new fingerprints isn’t very clear).

Screenshots

http://mikeasoft.com/~mike/eyrie-start.png

http://mikeasoft.com/~mike/eyrie-aimee.png

Videos

Video of Eyrie 0.1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etc9x_N3Ooc)

Video of Eyrie 0.2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQj9ucyWc0U)

Download

N950/N9:

eyrie_0.2-1_armel.deb (http://mikeasoft.com/~mike/eyrie_0.2-1_armel.deb)

N900:

Available through extras-testing.

imo
2012-05-23, 23:07
cool , would there be a N900 maemo version ?

Elleo
2012-05-23, 23:15
Quite possibly, I need to get a Maemo scratchbox set up again before I can say for certain, but I'm reasonably confident it should be easily portable (as long as you're using the CSSU).

almamo
2012-05-23, 23:15
I left you a message on Twitter. Unfortunately it didn't work for me on my N9. I tried out a couple of popular songs (from Gotye to The Beatles) and even the one you use in your preview video.

I see in the video that you were testing it on a N950. Could it be that the N9 microphone doesn't record?

Otherwise great idea, an app which could make a couple users very happy ;) (despite the not so big (yet) data collection of echo nest)

Elleo
2012-05-23, 23:19
I see in the video that you were testing it on a N950. Could it be that the N9 microphone doesn't record?

That's troubling, unfortunately I don't have an N9 to be able to test with. The recording is being done through GStreamer using the autoaudiosrc which I would have thought would work okay on the N9, my only guess would be that it might be selecting the noise cancelling microphone instead of the voice microphone, so getting terrible quality; but that's a complete guess.

The source is available here: https://gitorious.org/eyrie/eyrie if anyone with an N9 wants to look into this deeper.

almamo
2012-05-23, 23:30
...my only guess would be that it might be selecting the noise cancelling microphone instead of the voice microphone, so getting terrible quality; but that's a complete guess.

That could be the issue. Well lets first see what other N9 users report.

@Nokia: Send that guy a N9!! ;)

godofwar424
2012-05-23, 23:54
You might be able to get your hands on an N9 with this app if you enter the Summer '12 Device Program ;)

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84322&highlight=device+program

I can also confirm that it does not work on my N9 :(

Just says "Sorry, we couldn't work out what song that was." :(

Elleo
2012-05-24, 00:05
Just says "Sorry, we couldn't work out what song that was." :(

Did you test with a song that's known to work (like Lost in Space (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGuOm7_yOL8))? As the EchoPrint database is quite small there are a lot of songs it will fail to identify even if everything is working correctly. Also the start of songs tend to be more reliable than the middle (although it will get songs that are part way through sometimes).

Aranel
2012-05-24, 00:10
Tested with my N9 now,

Aimee mann - Lost in Space (demo song) (twice): 1 Fail, 1 Pass
3 Doors Down - Here Without You: Pass
Adele - Rolling in the Deep (twice): Fail
Rammstein - Feuer Frei: Fail
Metallica - Sad But True: Fail (Shazam on nitdroid@n950: pass)
Chris Brown - Turn Up The Music: Fail (Shazam on nitdroid@n950: pass)
Eminem - Lose Yourself (twice): Fail
3 Doors Down - Kryptonite: Pass - took 20sec~ (Shazam on nitdroid@n950: pass 5sec~)
3 Doors Down - When I'm Gone: Pass - took 20sec~ (Shazam on nitdroid@n950: pass 5sec~)
Katy Perry - Firework: Fail (Shazam on nitdroid@n950: pass)
Dope - Die Motherfcker Die: Fail (Shazam on nitdroid@n950: fail)
System of a Down - BYOB: Fail (Shazam on nitdroid@n950: pass)
The Three Tenors - Libiamo Ne' Lieti Calici: Fail (Shazam on nitdroid@n950: pass)
* Green for already in echoprint human-readable database, Red for not.

I've also noticed that EchoNest takes much longer time than Shazam for recording, but fails to recognize even easiest targets. It's also more influenced by volume, position and other environment settings. And looks like it kind of.. likes.. 3DD :D

Watchmaker
2012-05-24, 00:15
I tried on my N9 with the Aimee Mann song too, to no avail. And with Thunderstruck by AC/DC, and with some tunes I didn't know that were passing on TV. Nothing was found...

Can I do something for you to help you discover if this is indeed a mix issue on N9?

EDIT: I read only now Aranel's post... so this is a Echonest issue. Perhaps. :D

Elleo
2012-05-24, 00:19
If songs are being recognised on the N9 (but not as reliably as on the N950) perhaps the microphone is simply less sensitive in its default state. I'll try putting together a new version when I have some time at the weekend that boosts the input volume and see if that improves matters for anyone.

As to the number of songs available for identification that's a known issue with the EchoPrint database, although EchoNest are planning on expanding this in the near future.

Aranel
2012-05-24, 00:24
Added some other tests to my post, looks like it favors 3 Doors Down :P

Anyway, there was a urgent need for some kind of song recognition app, thanks for that :) If only Shazam released their API.. That'd be beyond awesome.

ZogG
2012-05-24, 00:27
apps4meego request =)

Elleo
2012-05-24, 00:27
Added some other tests to my post, looks like it favors 3 Doors Down :P

Anyway, there was a urgent need for some kind of song recognition app, thanks for that :) If only Shazam released their API.. That'd be beyond awesome.

Thanks for testing a range of songs, it's good to see that at least some are working.

It's just a shame that the EchoPrint database is so tiny at the moment, if they'd only organise a way for people to submit fingerprints I'd see about writing some media player plugins to automatically give them data from user's personal collections, which would at least allow users to start contributing data easily.

Elleo
2012-05-24, 00:29
apps4meego request =)

That's on my todo list :). I want to sort out some packaging issues first though (it depends on an extra library that need building into the .deb).

Aranel
2012-05-24, 00:39
I think you could run a search [1] with your API key to see if it's the app or the echonest database that doesn't perform well :) If the search returns no results for those tested & failed queries, than all we have to do is wait, if not, then there's still room for improvement.

[1] http://developer.echonest.com/docs/v4/song.html#search

Elleo
2012-05-24, 00:46
I think you could run a search [1] with your API key to see if it's the app or the echonest database that doesn't perform well :) If the search returns no results for those tested & failed queries, than all we have to do is wait, if not, then there's still room for improvement.

[1] http://developer.echonest.com/docs/v4/song.html#search

Unfortunately not, the EchoNest database itself is quite extensive, it's just that there isn't EchoPrint data for most of the songs in it yet. They have around 30 million fingerprints for the ENMFP algorithm, but that's only designed to work with file based fingerprinting not over-the-air microphone stuff. For the EchoPrint algorithm (which does support over-the-air fingerprinting) they only have around 200,000 fingerprints so far.

Aranel
2012-05-24, 01:04
I noticed that there's a human-readable list of echoprint database @ http://echoprint.me/data , I've also edited my post to color results from that list. :)

Elleo
2012-05-24, 01:17
I noticed that there's a human-readable list of echoprint database @ http://echoprint.me/data , I've also edited my post to color results from that list. :)

Excellent, that makes life easier. I tested the items in your list that were in the EchoPrint database but failed on your N9 with my N950 and for me the following passed:

Metallica - Sad But True

But the other 3 failed for me also, so perhaps there's not such a large difference between the two devices. Now that I know of some songs that are on the borderline I'll have a bit of a play around and see if I can get better results for them by tweaking various parameters.

ZogG
2012-05-24, 01:40
That's on my todo list :). I want to sort out some packaging issues first though (it depends on an extra library that need building into the .deb).

include it into package, i know it's dirty but if no other way ... =\

Elleo
2012-05-24, 02:05
include it into package, i know it's dirty but if no other way ... =\

Yeah, I think I may end up having to do that. I had hoped to put things together in such a way that the library source was compiled as part of the build process; but I realise now that there were a bunch of extra build-deps for that library that wouldn't be resolved by the Apps for MeeGo repositories, and it'd be impractical to try and build all of those inside the package as well.

SamGan
2012-05-24, 02:37

Stop asking for a N900 version every time there is a new N9 app. Go ask the Maemo5 developers for new apps. Most of them are hostile to N9 and refuse to port their apps over. I estimate less than 10% have been ported. If you want to stick to your N900 instead of moving to the N9 just accept that new apps will get less and less instead of trying to piggyback on N9 developers.

By the way, great job, Elleo. You are a boon to Harmattan!

somedude
2012-05-24, 03:02
Stop asking for a N900 version every time there is a new N9 app. Go ask the Maemo5 developers for new apps. Most of them are hostile to N9 and refuse to port their apps over. I estimate less than 10% have been ported. If you want to stick to your N900 instead of moving to the N9 just accept that new apps will get less and less instead of trying to piggyback on N9 developers.

By the way, great job, Elleo. You are a boon to Harmattan!

Estel that you? Using Sam's computer, and with N9?:p:p:p
just couldn't help it sorry

Aranel
2012-05-24, 03:56
as far as both parties accept "no." as a valid answer, I can't see the reasoning behind this flame of yours.

vikas-1977
2012-05-24, 07:14
Great effort... was much awaited app on N9.
Well I tried it on my N9 but didn't work for me. Tried "Final Countdown - Europe", "Larger than Life - Backstreet", "Quit Playing Games" and few more popular songs but it didn't recognize any :(

byemre
2012-05-24, 09:29
Anyone give me a alternative link for this application? I am not able to
download from link. Site isn't loading for me.

Good work.

Thanks for Advance.

Best Regards.

godofwar424
2012-05-24, 09:53

Good work.

Thanks for Advance.

Best Regards.

The pictures on the first post have disappeared also, maybe the site temporarily shut down?

But as for the deb, here you go :)

byemre
2012-05-24, 10:00
The pictures on the first post have disappeared also, maybe the site temporarily shut down?

But as for the deb, here you go :)

Thank you godofwar424 :)

wout.martens
2012-05-24, 10:11
Doesn't really work well, i tried several songs but nothing was recognized.
Good start tough, maybe some indication when something is recorded and being checked on server?

Catacang
2012-05-24, 12:31
Great app, I was missing Shazam or something like that.
Are there any plans to put it on the Nokia Store?

Elleo
2012-05-24, 12:33
Great app, I was missing Shazam or something like that.
Are there any plans to put it on the Nokia Store?

Eventually, I'd like to try and work out why it seems to be less reliable for certain people first though.

Elleo
2012-05-24, 12:34

That should be fixed now.

Z3tor
2012-05-24, 13:33
In my experience the n9 microphone is either poor quality or its set up somehow badly. For some time ago i tried a guitar tuner software that can be downloaded from nokia store, it could not pick up any tune i played. Although it could be just a bug in software.

inamak
2012-05-24, 14:30
Will give this app a try - i personally think the N9 microphone is pretty decent - i've used it a couple of times with Recorder-Pro to record interviews and the quality is very good.

strongm
2012-05-24, 14:54

Try Instinctiv. Although they never finished the music player the song recognition part works fine,

BananaOnDrugs
2012-05-24, 20:08
I tried this(on the N9) and the only song it managed to recognize was the one from the screenshot. It's great to have something like this but it has a long way to go. Still for those that just can't go without a more functional thing like this www.midomi.com + firefox + flash works fine for me - recognizes all. I wonder if those guys can be used for a database.

Elleo
2012-05-24, 20:17

Had a bit of a play around today and managed to get it building and running on the N900, you can see a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC20zR4fL3I

So I'll try to make the next version a dual release for both platforms.

HELLASISGREECE
2012-05-24, 20:51
it couldn't identify "come as you are" and a daft punk song

Yonetici
2012-05-27, 10:46
can you imagine any way to use this app with SoundHound APIs ?

Elleo
2012-05-27, 15:23
can you imagine any way to use this app with SoundHound APIs ?

As far as I'm aware SoundHound don't have public APIs.

freemangordon
2012-05-27, 15:48
Had a bit of a play around today and managed to get it building and running on the N900, you can see a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC20zR4fL3I

So I'll try to make the next version a dual release for both platforms.

I suspect it needs Qt 4.7.4?

Elleo
2012-05-27, 18:17
I suspect it needs Qt 4.7.4?

I'm not sure of the exact minimum version of QT it'll work with, but due to the use of Harmattan style qt-components I'm pretty sure it'll require the CSSU on N900s (I haven't tested on a non-CSSU N900 to be certain of that though).

Android_808
2012-05-28, 19:46
Just an idea:

As one of the echonest/print devs stated on the blog, anyone is able to submit new songs to the database to improve the chances of match. Could the functionality of the application be extended to generate and submit tracks from a selected directory.

Elleo
2012-05-29, 01:26
Just an idea:

As one of the echonest/print devs stated on the blog, anyone is able to submit new songs to the database to improve the chances of match. Could the functionality of the application be extended to generate and submit tracks from a selected directory.

Unfortunately it's not possible to submit fingerprints to the database yet, that's planned functionality that should be arriving in the near future.

When it does become available I plan on writing a MAFW plugin that automatically fingerprints songs the first time you listen to them in the media player, that way you can just install it, forget about it and then any time you listen to a new song in the future it gets fingerprinted.

somedude
2012-05-29, 16:50
how is that going to effect the wrong title and tracks if saved in my medias?

godofwar424
2012-05-29, 17:02

In that case it will most likely have an error check system that will do something along these lines:

1. wrong track info for fingerprint submitted and saved
2. correct info submitted with the same fingerprint
3. mismatch detected
3a. check what info is on majority of submissions for this fingerprint
3b. use the info from the majority of submissions
4. store correct details

SamGan
2012-05-30, 04:50

I suppose the server will have to accept all submissions in good faith and depend on users to report wrongly named fingerprints for which manual action can be taken.

erendorn
2012-05-30, 08:51
well the server compares fingerprints for the same track name and different users, and only keeps the most reported one.

Aside from that, I'm all for lending a N9 to Elleo so that he can test what's wrong with the N9 mics.

slaapliedje
2012-05-31, 04:09
You'll want to make sure that it has an option to turn off sending the fingerprinting upstream, or at the very least make it so it caches it and sends it next time there is a wifi connection. If I'm listening to music, I don't necessarily turn on my data connections.

slaapliedje

www.rzr.online.fr
2012-06-02, 19:46

Feel free to install Eyrie from shared repo

I packaged the libs aside it

http://rzr.online.fr/q/audio# Rebuilt #Eyrie from sources , you can install it from #rzr's shared #HarmattaN repo , guess music from #n9 mic

Elleo
2012-06-04, 07:27
Version 0.2 is now available, this adds a graphical waveform when recording and evaluates the audio more continuously allowing for faster recognition of some songs and for problematic songs to have a larger chance of being recognised. This version also adds support for the N900.

You can see a video of the newest version running on an N950 and an N900 side-by-side here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQj9ucyWc0U

The latest debs are linked in the first post of this thread. It's also now available via the Apps For MeeGo Testing Repository: http://apps.formeego.org/staging/applications/n9/pr1.0/harmattan/Multimedia/eyrie/

Muzimak
2012-06-04, 08:13
Unable to install, something about "Installation Package not available"

Elleo
2012-06-04, 08:17
Unable to install, something about "Installation Package not available"

You might need to uninstall the previous version first (I have no clue why, but that worked for me).

ajack
2012-06-04, 08:39
N900 (requires CSSU):

libqjson0_0.7.1-1_armel.deb (http://mikeasoft.com/~mike/libqjson0_0.7.1-1_armel.deb)

eyrie_0.2-1maemo_armel.deb (http://mikeasoft.com/~mike/eyrie_0.2-1maemo_armel.deb)

May I ask why it needs CSSU? I don't use CSSU but would love to use this program. :(

Elleo
2012-06-04, 08:54
May I ask why it needs CSSU? I don't use CSSU but would love to use this program. :(

It makes use of qt-components and QML, which as far as I'm aware isn't supported by the version of QT available in the non-CSSU repositories.

ajack
2012-06-04, 09:02
It makes use of qt-components and QML, which as far as I'm aware isn't supported by the version of QT available in the non-CSSU repositories.

Have you tested on non-CSSU then? Unless you know some definite reason it'll not work, I am will to give it a try... :)

Elleo
2012-06-04, 09:08
Have you tested on non-CSSU then? Unless you know some definite reason it'll not work, I am will to give it a try... :)

Nope, let me know how you get on :).

ajack
2012-06-04, 09:22
Nope, let me know how you get on :).

My N900 says "No!" :(

I have QT 4.7.0 while it requires QT 4.7.4... Is there some specific dependencies that need v4.7.4? In any case, it doesn't work... Elleo is right... CSSU or bust! :(

inean
2012-06-04, 09:36

qt-components-10 works with stock firmwares. Just take a look at this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79134

ajack
2012-06-04, 09:40
qt-components-10 works with stock firmwares. Just take a look at this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79134

Cool, where can I download the v4.7.4? Anybody with CSSU can help me? Please PM me, else I get killed for being OOT... :P

inean
2012-06-04, 10:18
you don't have to download anything. It's developer responsability to backport the app (usually a 2h work). Just be patiente ;). Said that, if you install nemo-keyboard all dependences should be satisfied.

Muzimak
2012-06-04, 11:04
Eventually managed to install, can't seem to find any song though, I guess it has to be popular tracks like R Kelly - I believe I can Fly hahahaha

ed_boner
2012-06-04, 13:04
installed on n900..dont like the background with bad resolution and doesnt seem to recognize almost anything..would be great if it worked though..tks for making it available for n900 users.

nicodonte
2012-06-04, 14:56
New version doesn't work either, not recognize anything, and now records way more than 30 secs.

The new waveform is nice.

daniel_m
2012-06-04, 15:20
Oh my, just go to http://echoprint.me and look up which songs are in their database!
Works pretty well if the N900 is not too close to the loud speakers. Looking forward to waveform display for N900 ;-)

Piotr
2012-06-04, 19:52
I installed 0.2-1 from the extras-testing on my N900
I can see the logo, but the buttons are off the screen.
Does anyone know why?

inean
2012-06-04, 20:24
WIthout more info than that, I bet it's the auto-orientation stuff from CSSU. IIRC, there's a blacklist or something, put this app on that list. QtComponents handle orientation by itself.

Piotr
2012-06-04, 20:31
This is what it looks like:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/eyrien900.jpg/

I was trying to mangle with the qml files, but nothing I have tried has managed to move the toolbar - I was only able to move the images..
I could also change the orientation - then the images did not fit into the screen, but I had the same part of the "Find Song" label on the screen.

So, if you have any ideas - I can try them.

raily
2012-06-04, 21:10
This is what it looks like:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/eyrien900.jpg/

I was trying to mangle with the qml files, but nothing I have tried has managed to move the toolbar - I was only able to move the images..
I could also change the orientation - then the images did not fit into the screen, but I had the same part of the "Find Song" label on the screen.

So, if you have any ideas - I can try them.

Same here, got latest CSSU update

inean
2012-06-04, 21:16
Run the app from console and put the ouput on pastebin or here...

Piotr
2012-06-04, 21:25
Run the app from console and put the ouput on pastebin or here...

Here it is:
user@Nokia-N900:~> /opt/eyrie/bin/eyrie
[E] RemoteThemeDaemonClient: Failed to connect to theme server (that's OK if you're on a PC)
[I] LocalThemeDaemonClient: Looking for assets in "/usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch"
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ToolBar.qml:64:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-toolbar-portrait-background
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ToolBar.qml:64:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-toolbar-portrait-background
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/PageStackWindow.qml:119:13: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-applicationwindow-corner-bottom-right
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/PageStackWindow.qml:114:13: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-applicationwindow-corner-bottom-left
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/PageStackWindow.qml:109:13: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-applicationwindow-corner-top-right
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/PageStackWindow.qml:104:13: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-applicationwindow-corner-top-left
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/PageStackWindow.qml:70:5: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-applicationpage-background
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/Button.qml:77:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-button-background
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/Button.qml:77:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-button-background
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/Fader.qml:95:9: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-menu-dimmer
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/Fader.qml:95:9: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-menu-dimmer
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ScrollDecorator.qml:229:9: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-positionindicator-indicator-horizontal
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ScrollDecorator.qml:229:9: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-positionindicator-indicator-horizontal
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ScrollDecorator.qml:223:9: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-positionindicator-background-horizontal
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ScrollDecorator.qml:178:9: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-positionindicator-indicator
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ScrollDecorator.qml:178:9: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-positionindicator-indicator
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ScrollDecorator.qml:173:9: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-positionindicator-background
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/AbstractMenu.qml:193:9: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-menu-background
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/AbstractMenu.qml:193:9: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-menu-background
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/AbstractMenu.qml:173:5: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-menu-shadow-bottom
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/AbstractMenu.qml:166:5: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-menu-shadow-right
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/AbstractMenu.qml:159:5: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-menu-shadow-top
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/AbstractMenu.qml:152:5: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-menu-shadow-left
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/AbstractMenu.qml:144:9: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-applicationwindow-corner-bottom-right
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/AbstractMenu.qml:139:9: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-applicationwindow-corner-bottom-left
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/AbstractMenu.qml:134:9: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-applicationwindow-corner-top-right
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/AbstractMenu.qml:129:9: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-applicationwindow-corner-top-left
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/MenuItem.qml:72:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-list-background-vertical-top
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/MenuItem.qml:72:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-list-background-vertical-top
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/MenuItem.qml:72:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-list-background-vertical-bottom
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/MenuItem.qml:72:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-list-background-vertical-bottom
[E] file:///opt/eyrie/share/eyrie/RecordPage.qml:70:3: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/icon-m-toolbar-view-menu-white
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ToolIcon.qml:66:9: QML QDeclarativeImage_QML_48: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/icon-m-toolbar-back
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/PageStackWindow.qml:70:5: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-applicationpage-background-inverted
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ToolBar.qml:64:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-toolbar-portrait-inverted-background
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ToolBar.qml:64:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-toolbar-portrait-inverted-background
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/Button.qml:77:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-button-inverted-background
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/Button.qml:77:5: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-button-inverted-background
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ScrollDecorator.qml:223:9: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-positionindicator-inverted-background-horizontal
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ScrollDecorator.qml:229:9: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-positionindicator-inverted-indicator-horizontal
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ScrollDecorator.qml:229:9: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-positionindicator-inverted-indicator-horizontal
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ScrollDecorator.qml:173:9: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-positionindicator-inverted-background
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ScrollDecorator.qml:178:9: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-positionindicator-inverted-indicator
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ScrollDecorator.qml:178:9: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-positionindicator-inverted-indicator
[E] file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/ToolIcon.qml:66:9: QML QDeclarativeImage_QML_48: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/icon-m-toolbar-back-white

inean
2012-06-05, 06:36
Remove qt-components package and install qt-components-10 package and its dependences

Piotr
2012-06-05, 10:41
Remove qt-components package and install qt-components-10 package and its dependences
Thanks.
I did it, but now it only gives me a black screen and such a message:
user@Nokia-N900:~> /opt/eyrie/bin/eyrie.sh
[E] file:///opt/eyrie/share/eyrie/Eyrie.qml:2:1: module "com.nokia.meego" is not installed
import com.nokia.meego 1.0
^
[E] QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::record() to Eyrie::record()
^Cuser@Nokia-N900:~>

And yes: I did try to turn it off and on again... :P

Luckily all the other apps still work fine :)

inean
2012-06-05, 11:01
Try:

apt-cache showpkg qt-components-10

Piotr
2012-06-05, 11:02
sudo apt-cache showpkg qt-components-10
Package: qt-components-10
Versions:
1.0~git20111014-1+0m5 (/var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_fremantle-1.3_free_binary-armel_Packages) (/var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras-testing_dists_fremantle_free_binary-armel_Packages) (/var/lib/dpkg/status)
Description Language:
File: /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_fremantle-1.3_free_binary-armel_Packages
MD5: 9a396d8f974f1063cc8a361ce5f1db2c

Reverse Depends:
oobprofile,qt-components-10
meecast,qt-components-10
Dependencies:
1.0~git20111014-1+0m5 - libc6 (2 2.5.0-1) libdbus-1-3 (2 1.2.14-0maemo1+0m5) libdbus-glib-1-2 (2 0.78-0maemo5+0m5) libgcc1 (2 1:4.2.1) libgconf2-6 (2 2.16.0-2osso6+0m5) libgles2-sgx-img (2 0.20090218.51+0m5) libglib2.0-0 (2 2.20.3-1maemo2+0m5) libmaliitframework0 (0 (null)) libqt4-core (2 4.7.0~git20100909-0maemo1+0m5) libqt4-dbus (2 4.6.2~git20100224-0maemo1+0m5) libqt4-declarative (2 4.7.0~git20100909) libqt4-gui (2 4.5.3~git20090723-0maemo6+0m5) libqt4-network (2 4.5.3~git20090723-0maemo4+0m5) libqt4-opengl (2 4.7.0~git20100909-0maemo1+0m5) libqt4-script (2 4.5.3~git20090723-0maemo4+0m5) libqt4-sql (2 4.5.3~git20090723-0maemo4+0m5) libqt4-svg (2 4.5.3~git20090723-0maemo4+0m5) libqt4-xml (2 4.5.3~git20090723-0maemo4+0m5) libqt4-xmlpatterns (2 4.5.3~git20090723-0maemo6+0m5) libstdc++6 (2 4.2.1-4maemo9+0m5) libxdamage1 (2 1.1.1-3osso1.1) libxfixes3 (2 4.0.3-2osso1.1) libxrandr2 (2 1.2.99.4-2) gconf2 (2 2.10.1-2) qtquickcompat (0 (null)) qt-components-base-theme (2 0.1.90) qt-components (3 1.0~20111000)
Provides:
1.0~git20111014-1+0m5 - qt-components
Reverse Provides:
user@Nokia-N900:~>

does it tell you something?

Elleo
2012-06-05, 11:18
I've now updated the N900 package to depend on qt-components-10 instead of qt-components.

mauron85
2012-06-05, 11:36
Piotr. I've got same problem. To fix it, enable extras-devel and then invoke from terminal:

sudo apt-get install qt-components-10

It will upgrade qt-components to latest dev version. After that eyrie should work.

Piotr
2012-06-05, 11:56
It complains about not being able to install a dependency libmaliit1 :(

Piotr
2012-06-05, 12:53
After all I managed to re install qt-components-10
And ow it works just fine :)
Thanks everyone who helped me with this!

Elleo
2012-06-05, 13:10
I'm uploading a new version now that switches back to using qt-components instead of qt-components-10 (with a few fixes to account for the problems in qt-components). This should make everything work in extras-testing without the need for anything from extras-devel.

raily
2012-06-05, 21:45
display is fixed with the new version, but it fails to detect gotye - somebody i used to know... ?!

RafaelVlmendes
2012-06-05, 22:26
Eyrie no work in Nokia N9... please fix the problem Elleo because when i ill user phone to write the music no work...
Thanks.

ZogG
2012-06-05, 22:50
display is fixed with the new version, but it fails to detect gotye - somebody i used to know... ?!

It's not app detecting but server and it's lack of features as it's opensource and made for free (Shazam and SoundCloud or cost money or paid by phone company to be be free in store). So instead of saying in thread (not specifically you but it's not first time here) what song doesn't work, try to contact echoprint guys and ask them how you can help and update database.

Eyrie no work in Nokia N9... please fix the problem Elleo because when i ill user phone to write the music no work...
Thanks.

I understand that english is not your native language (as you can see neither mine) and i'm pretty sure you want to help to improve app, as well as developer wants to get feedback. But you need to provide more info (maybe you can use google translator or better ask english speaking friend to translate for you)

Android_808
2012-06-06, 06:52
for anyone commenting on undetected tracks:

as stated before, this information is obtained from the echoprint servers. if you go to http://echoprint.me/data and accept the terms you can download a human readable lists of all tracks in their database (11mb) to see the current status.

marmistrz
2012-06-06, 20:00
I found one minor bug: this should depend on either qt-components-10 or qt-compontents (the first one preferred)

Depends: qt-components-10 | qt-components

Elleo
2012-06-07, 07:28
I found one minor bug: this should depend on either qt-components-10 or qt-compontents (the first one preferred)

Depends: qt-components-10 | qt-components

It deliberately only depends on qt-components for now, because qt-components-10 in extras-testing doesn't have the com.nokia.meego components set (it only has them in devel). When qt-components-10 gets upgraded in testing I'll release a new version that depends on that instead. There's never likely to be a version that depends on one or the other though as they're not compatible (the qt-components implementation of com.nokia.meego requires changes to the QML for the widgets to appear in the correct places).

inean
2012-06-07, 09:02
IIRC, all dependences of a promoted package are also promoted. Just add a dependence to qt-components-10 (>= 1.0-pr0), and it will be promoted with your app. Said that, please, add support to org.maemo.fremantle namespace so your app could reach extras repo

marmistrz
2012-06-07, 10:34
It deliberately only depends on qt-components for now, because qt-components-10 in extras-testing doesn't have the com.nokia.meego components set (it only has them in devel). When qt-components-10 gets upgraded in testing I'll release a new version that depends on that instead. There's never likely to be a version that depends on one or the other though as they're not compatible (the qt-components implementation of com.nokia.meego requires changes to the QML for the widgets to appear in the correct places).

The extras-devel qt-components-10 contains com.nokia.meego. I'm sure, as I gave such option in MeeCoLay: either -devel qt-components-10 or qt-components. And it works

AMD
2012-06-07, 10:40
Well, I have a Nokia N9, and none of the old & new songs were recognized, the mic works well because I can see it, but always tells me something like "Sorry, we can not recognize the track bla bla.. ":confused:

RafaelVlmendes
2012-06-07, 22:19
It's not app detecting but server and it's lack of features as it's opensource and made for free (Shazam and SoundCloud or cost money or paid by phone company to be be free in store). So instead of saying in thread (not specifically you but it's not first time here) what song doesn't work, try to contact echoprint guys and ask them how you can help and update database.

I understand that english is not your native language (as you can see neither mine) and i'm pretty sure you want to help to improve app, as well as developer wants to get feedback. But you need to provide more info (maybe you can use google translator or better ask english speaking friend to translate for you)

Sorry.. i did away and write very fast. Else. I say other day about the Eyrie no work app for Nokia N9. When i push the find music while 40 sec or 1 min the app catch me a error " cant seach the music " same error the version 0.1 . I reflash my N9 and nothing.

ZogG
2012-06-07, 23:47
Sorry.. i did away and write very fast. Else. I say other day about the Eyrie no work app for Nokia N9. When i push the find music while 40 sec or 1 min the app catch me a error " cant seach the music " same error the version 0.1 . I reflash my N9 and nothing.

I don;t think it's error, but it just can't find the song. database is small and the server it uses is opensource project. But we hope one day it would have mor songs than shazam and soundhound together and could detect on the fly as them. ;)

HELLASISGREECE
2012-06-07, 23:58
but always tells me something like "Sorry, we can not recognize the track bla bla.. ":confused:

I always get this message as well. it cannot identify any songs. none.. zero

ZogG
2012-06-08, 00:30
Okay i wouldn't repeat 3rd time, as well as it was said few times also not by me. Just read why it doesn't recognize and if you don't like it, don't use it and by iphone with soundcloud instead. Why everyone feels so important to say what they think and don't like, but do not bother to read or to do something better, if they are so smart.

ZogG
2012-06-08, 00:45
http://i.imgur.com/Gqdrj.png

http://i.imgur.com/Xx5KP.png

http://i.imgur.com/RENCU.png

http://i.imgur.com/jTyF1.png

godofwar424
2012-06-08, 01:09
Okay i wouldn't repeat 3rd time, as well as it was said few times also not by me. Just read why it doesn't recognize and if you don't like it, don't use it and by iphone with soundcloud instead. Why everyone feels so important to say what they think and don't like, but do not bother to read or to do something better, if they are so smart.

TBH, I just tried Californication by Red Hot Chilli Peppers 4 times and NOTHING was found.

I have also gone through the list on EchoNest's server and tried multiple michael jackson songs, all failed to be recognised :(

ZogG
2012-06-08, 01:15
TBH, I just tried Californication by Red Hot Chilli Peppers 4 times and NOTHING was found.

I have also gone through the list on EchoNest's server and tried multiple michael jackson songs, all failed to be recognised :(

I didn't check the list, i just tried few songs from youtube, while putting headphones close to n9 (night here, didn't want to use speakers)
WAIDW?

HELLASISGREECE
2012-06-08, 01:56
we are giving feedback.

that's all. calm down please

Elleo
2012-06-08, 02:37

Could you (and anyone else who's actually checking against songs known to work for some others) provide more information on your general environment? e.g. How loud was the music? How close were you to the speakers? Were you moving the phone in your hand much? In which direction was the phone facing relative to the speakers?

Thanks.

HELLASISGREECE
2012-06-08, 02:52
Could you (and anyone else who's actually checking against songs known to work for some others) provide more information on your general environment? e.g. How loud was the music? How close were you to the speakers? Were you moving the phone in your hand much? In which direction was the phone facing relative to the speakers?

Thanks.

the same environment in which i use instinctiv on the N900 and shazam on the N8

ZogG
2012-06-08, 06:41

Let us turn on our mind readers..... Damn they are not invented yet.
It's not feedback, and it's not helpful, the attitude you talk to developer and about app is not really welcome in community forum.

You should understand that dev tries a lot d and make non-profitable for him app alone and not as company. So do respect him please use something more than sarcastic "nothing...zero".

SamGan
2012-06-08, 07:25

Developer asks for feedback to improve his app and you reply, "instinctiv and shazam can do it but yours can't." Try to be a bit more helpful.

godofwar424
2012-06-08, 11:39

Thanks.

I tried different volumes, didn't seem to help at all, I was probably half a metre from the speakers in the centre of my speaker setup, music was loud enough to be picked up by a microphone.

I was holding the N9 in my hand as I normally would, one handed with my palm to the side of it, three finger spread from top to bottom and my little finger just supporting the base of the phone, I was definitely not blocking the microphone of the N9.

Elleo
2012-06-08, 12:42
I tried different volumes, didn't seem to help at all, I was probably half a metre from the speakers in the centre of my speaker setup, music was loud enough to be picked up by a microphone.

I was holding the N9 in my hand as I normally would, one handed with my palm to the side of it, three finger spread from top to bottom and my little finger just supporting the base of the phone, I was definitely not blocking the microphone of the N9.

Thanks for the further info. I had been wondering if perhaps the people having trouble were playing things at a very high volume or were holding the phone very close to the speakers or something (resulting in clipping), but that doesn't seem to be the case here at any rate.

Does your speaker system consist of separate tweeters and sub-woofer? That might result in a different mix of bass and treble output than in the original recording, I'd need to investigate how much that might influence the algorithm if that's the case.

I'm just throwing ideas out at the moment though, so if there's anything else you can think of about your set up that might have an effect I'd be interested to hear it.

cddiede
2012-06-08, 13:14
Really appreciate those who have so far shown examples of songs they are able to get Eyrie to detect successfully.

It really gives a good baseline that we can test against instead of throwing song after song at it randomly.

I've so far not been able to find any way to list out the EchoNest database so I can test a larger number of songs on Eyrie that are known to be in the EchoNest database.

Is there a master listing of what is in EchoNest so far in a place that can be viewed and compared?

Elleo
2012-06-08, 13:20
Is there a master listing of what is in EchoNest so far in a place that can be viewed and compared?

Here's the text summary list: http://echoprint-data.s3.amazonaws.com/echoprint-list-of-tracks.txt (it's 11mb, so you might want to download it and grep through it rather than trying to search it in your browser).

godofwar424
2012-06-08, 14:35
Does your speaker system consist of separate tweeters and sub-woofer? That might result in a different mix of bass and treble output than in the original recording, I'd need to investigate how much that might influence the algorithm if that's the case.

That shouldn't effect it, also my speakers are actually studio monitors, meaning that they are similar to what you have been used when producing tracks.

At any rate that shouldn't make any difference.

SamGan
2012-06-09, 01:42
How about trying the beginning of the song and the middle of the song? Does that make any difference?

PartyboyXP
2012-06-26, 11:40
In my case dont work :(

jleholeho
2012-06-26, 12:00
guys, don´t get me wrong as I really appreciate all of the OP´s efforts to make this work, but this app simply can´t ever come close to Shazam or SoundHound...the database is way too inferior to what we´d need in order to get a decent experience...sadly...
even worse, both Shazam and SoundHound were apparently bribed by Flop to totally not allow MeeGo and N9 users to have a chance to use these apps...I´m judging off their casual responses, like "we are aware of lack of the functionality of our app on MeeGo N9 platform, unfortunately we are not planning to release the version for your phone"

Elleo
2012-06-26, 14:07
the database is way too inferior to what we´d need in order to get a decent experience

I think it's a mistake to assume the database will always be the size it currently is. Once the public fingerprint submission process is in place I plan on making various tools so that users can easily submit their fingerprints from their own music libraries, allowing us to crowd-source the problem of improving the database.

In addition to this EchoNest have a database of 30 million fingerprints using their old proprietary ENMFP algorithm, it's not unreasonable to assume that at some point in the future they might run these same tracks through the EchoPrint algorithm as well. Alongside that MusicBrainz is also getting involved in trying to improve the EchoPrint system and have their own EchoPrint test server setup (http://echoprint.musicbrainz.org/).

So while the database is too small at the moment, it will grow in time.

Diggler
2012-06-27, 12:13
Thanks for putting efforts into this application, much appreciated!

Some more specific feedback was asked for so I did some testing on my N9. I chosed Tiny Dancer with Elton John Greatest Hits available in the db. I played the song from my laptop in front of me. I tried both with holding the phone in my hand approx 20 cm from the computer speaker and also by putting it on the table approx 15-20 cm from the speaker. I couldn't notice any difference. I also tried to lower the volume on the pc but couldn't find any differencies there either. Eyrie either found the song or not at the same places in the song. I tried this several times for the timings below and was almost the same result every time. It could take longer some times to find it but it could be due to my timing starting Eyrie.

The results below is first when I started Eyrie in the song. Second when Eyrie reports a result and third if it found it or not.

00:00 - 00:15 - Found it
00;24 - 00:58 - Found it
01:00 - 01:25 - Found it
01:30 - 01:55 - Found it
02:00 - 02:25 - Found it
02:30 - 03:18 - Didn't find it
03:00 - 03:45 - Didn't find it
04:00 - 04:49 - Didn't find it
05:15 - 06:02 - Didn't find it

I also tried to play this song on the phone and it had no problem finding it in the first part as when trying with OTA. I noticed that the frequency waves are not visible when playing from phone. Maybe a good reason for this.

Elleo
2012-06-27, 14:27
Thanks for putting efforts into this application, much appreciated!

Some more specific feedback was asked for so I did some testing on my N9...

Thanks, that's really helpful. There's been some discussion on the EchoPrint mailing list recently of planned server changes which should make matching in later parts of songs more accurate, so hopefully that'll help with the sorts of results you're getting. When I have a bit more free time I'll see about prodding the people in question and seeing if I can find out a bit more about what stage those changes are at.

trompkins
2012-06-27, 23:48
In case anyone wanted to set up a server (here's how (https://github.com/echonest/echoprint-server)):
Here's api.py (http://raszyn1809.org/maemo/api.tar.bz2) modified in order to pass basic metadata to a client.
Here's modified eyrie source (http://raszyn1809.org/maemo/eyrie-0.2.tar.bz2) which plays nicely with the above (you'll need to edit the target IP address in eyrie.cpp though).

After a couple of hours of testing with N900 I'm still not sure what factors determine a successful match. Is there any significant drop in reliability because of signal downsampling and thus cutting off higher frequencies? Perhaps the material ingested was of inappropriate genre (old-school Swedish death metal, ~1300 songs, whole). But why on earth it wouldn't recognize *any* songs on 'Purgatory Afterglow (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD4S_Dfh3PA&list=PLAA86E2A965E3431F&feature=plpp_play_all)' no matter how many times I tried but with 'Until Eternity Ends (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRvAgp3zIKc)' it was all but too familiar...? And, yeah, Shazam on NITDroid had much less problems matching even such lo-fi tracks as Carnage's 'Torn Apart (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlG0JjyL2NM)' and was generally much more successful with the same song pool tested in the exact same environment.

:confused:

obhishap
2012-07-03, 07:25
I Installed the app but unfortunately its not even starting. Just a black screen with slight illumination. Any idea why ?

Elleo
2012-07-04, 06:19
I Installed the app but unfortunately its not even starting. Just a black screen with slight illumination. Any idea why ?

It sounds like you're probably running it on the N900 and have qt-components-10 installed instead of qt-components (unfortunately the two aren't currently compatible).

dzano
2012-08-14, 18:25
What kind of app is this...I can recognise more songs than this thing does!?

jellyroll
2012-09-01, 16:55
I does not recognise any song for only time it found the wrong arties and song.
My cat reconize more songs as this app.

marmistrz
2012-09-01, 16:58
It sounds like you're probably running it on the N900 and have qt-components-10 installed instead of qt-components (unfortunately the two aren't currently compatible).

Does this app use com.meego namespace? if yes, download
qt-components-10-com.meego-compat package and try out again
and Elleo: please move to com.nokia.meego namespace then, as com.meego is deprecated

DfLo1913
2012-11-20, 04:39
I installed it. It opens up fine. I press find song it starts recording but it doesnt find a song at all. Is there a way to check if its recording? The app looks great though. Thanks

nokiabot
2013-04-22, 14:21
Wats up now? Dead,

myname24
2013-04-22, 14:34
Wats up now? Dead,

soundwave ?

nokiabot
2013-04-22, 14:58
Na freeemantle shazam alike app::

Elleo
2013-04-22, 20:40
The Echoprint database has just been updated to include over a million songs, so Eyrie should now identify a lot more songs than before.

myname24
2013-04-22, 21:35
The Echoprint database has just been updated to include over a million songs, so Eyrie should now identify a lot more songs than before.

yes it's true and i tried it now and it identified a lot of songs .

Kroll
2013-04-24, 20:47
Yep, it recognized even not very famous songs :)

sixwheeledbeast
2014-07-10, 18:15
Any plans on updates to Eyrie?

Maemo version could do with a Quit application button.

Also I have left a report on the garage, not all of it's dependences are in extras and also there is a optification issue.

Very useful application I have had good results in fairly noisy environments.