PDA

View Full Version : [Announce] Front Camera N9 (video+)

mnosov
2012-06-22, 08:29
Application allows to take still photos and videos using front (secondary) camera on device. It also supports taking shots in 'mirror' mode. Enjoy!

Nokia Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/292002

Main features:

Shoot a photo from your front camera (576x472 resolution)
Record a video (video/mp4, 576x472 resolution, landscape mode)
Shoot a photo from your camera in 'Mirror' mode
Quick links to Image Gallery or 'Video' directly from application for viewing and sharing your records

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/miga2007/15384881/14472/original.jpg

F2thaK
2012-06-22, 08:57
Coooooooooooolnessssssssss

Hacker
2012-06-22, 09:24
I was quick out of the gate to buy this new app, and it is totally 5-star quality IMHO. The app has rotating animated Meego-style buttons, well-crafted layout, and works well for each of the three modes (mirror, camera, and video capture). The landscape/portrait landscape modes are available and work exactly as described in the OP.

Note: the app works great, but I did do a quick uninstall/reinstall and a couple of reboots to get it grooved in. Could be my device's issue, because it is heavily modded (go figure) and somehow my 'Camera' directory had to be mkdir'd, but it's all good.

Iryus
2012-06-22, 09:27
Niiiiice good job :D

Grazy
2012-06-22, 14:04
is this the same app "front Camera" that i already have? mine doesnt have video etc and i cant see it on ovi store?

Muzimak
2012-06-22, 14:08
Way more interesting Apps like Wazapp are free, now we have to pay for this. I don't think so!!

ibrakalifa
2012-06-22, 14:31
Way more interesting Apps like Wazapp are free, now we have to pay for this. I don't think so!!

you have no point, its all depend on what you need, if you dont want it, you dont have to say it, be honest man

thedead1440
2012-06-22, 14:58

What are you trying to imply? App devs should work for free for you? FYI, devs who charge 1EUR don't aim to make money but are just putting it as a token sum. I understand that it may be more in your local currency but think of the time a dev has to put in to develop an app for the COMMUNITY on a platform which was DOA!

Please the next time before you write such bombastic comments, think it aloud and whether you're being reasonable or not!

Nosph3ratu
2012-06-22, 14:58

Muzimak, think of it as showing your appreciation to the developer for their hard work. There's a lot time and effort that they put in that you may not have realised. The devs here are mostly working alone, there's no "company" behind them. Think about it.

Even though Wazapp is free doesn't mean you should not show the dev you appreciate his work via a donation if you are in a position to do so.

You are not obligated to ofcourse, a kind word goes a long way and comments like that aren't helpful. It all helps in keeping the community alive and you should know we need that now more than ever.

Muzimak
2012-06-22, 15:28
Maybe I just don't understand the logic behind the whole thing, no offense, I bought FM Radio and others, I somehow felt they worth, check Qneptunia for example, awesome work. Worth it, the list is endless, check Cutetube. My point is there's free Apps and Paid ones, the difference should be visible, imagine if we had to pay for that Flaming Candle App? This has nothing to do with currency, I just feel pricetags have to be placed accordingly. No offense to anyone.

ibrakalifa
2012-06-22, 15:31
^when you will learn? Buy something that fit on what you need, not for show-off or just follow trending outside there

Kabouik
2012-06-22, 15:37
I actually think that devs do merit some feedback on their great work, possibly with money, but I admit I was kind of disappointed when coming from the N900 to the N9 and its store full of non-free applications. I mean, it's like a Maemo 6, and one of the strengths of Maemo 5 was that it was supported by a community thinking as in an open source world, with free apps and "Donate" buttons for those willing to fund projects or cheer devs. All seems so much more closed with the N9, I feel like browsing the Apple Store or something from Android, just with fewer applications (which also means fewer crappy and useless fart applications).

But that is off-topic, Front Camera N9 actually looks pretty cool and I will probably not buy it as it would be gadget for me, but it looks very neat. Great work.

[Edit] Nevertheless, I know that paid apps are more stimulating for devs to spend time on the N9 than free apps with, maybe, some donations. Paid apps have probably they pros, namely assisting in gathering devs to build an ecosystem, I just think they also have their cons (fewer community projects, less code to share between devs as there is less open source code, and so on). Difficult to disentangle them.

Muzimak
2012-06-22, 16:00
I actually think that devs do merit some feedback on their great work, possibly with money, but I admit I was kind of disappointed when coming from the N900 to the N9 and its store full of non-free applications. I mean, it's like a Maemo 6, and one of the strength of Maemo 5 was that it was supported by a community thinking as in an open source world, with free apps and "Donate" buttons for those willing to fund projects or cheer devs. All seems so much more closed with the N9, I feel like browsing the Apple Store or something from Android, just with fewer applications (which also means fewer crappy and useless fart applications).

But that is off-topic, Front Camera N9 actually looks pretty cool and I will probably not buy it as it would be gadget for me, but it looks very neat. Great work.

[Edit] Nevertheless, I know that paid apps are more stimulating for devs to spend time on the N9 than free apps with, maybe, some donations. Paid apps have probably they pros, namely assisting in gathering devs to build an ecosystem, I just think they also have their cons (fewer community projects, less code to share between devs as there is less open source code, and so on). Difficult to disentangle them.

Now this guy really makes sense.....

ssjmec
2012-06-23, 04:16
cool app. For some reason, I cant download the front camera app. Good thing I successfully downloaded this :)

Is there a possibility that this app will have a camera focus?

mnosov
2012-06-25, 13:20
Is there a possibility that this app will have a camera focus?

Seems no, front camera doesn't support any such settings. I'm thinking about to add digital zoom in next version. Not sure if anyone will find this useful, but seems 'digital zoom' is the only configurable setting for front camera

SamGan
2012-06-26, 04:11
Seems no, front camera doesn't support any such settings. I'm thinking about to add digital zoom in next version. Not sure if anyone will find this useful, but seems 'digital zoom' is the only configurable setting for front camera

Yes, I think digital zoom will be useful in mirror mode. You can zoom in to see if you have something stuck in your teeth and freeze it by taking a snapshot. Please do it mnosov.

chasetheangel
2012-06-26, 11:38
Hi mnosov,

When I take photos its ok but the video option is not working, I tried to use it but it wouldn't record anything, no matter how I press the record button. Then if I switch back to the photo option and try to capture a photo, all the settings disappears.

I tried to search if there where any videos recorded and found it under /MyDocs/Movies/Camera but all the files are unplayable.

Need your help... Thanks!

mnosov
2012-06-26, 12:24
Hi mnosov,

When I take photos its ok but the video option is not working, I tried to use it but it wouldn't record anything, no matter how I press the record button. Then if I switch back to the photo option and try to capture a photo, all the settings disappears.

I tried to search if there where any videos recorded and found it under /MyDocs/Movies/Camera but all the files are unplayable.

Need your help... Thanks!

Hi! Thanks for feedback. Unfortunately, now I don't have an idea why it doens't record a video. On all devices that I have - video recording works perfectly. Can you try:
- Copy recorded video files to PC and try to play them on PC
- Check if there is no camera, audio, video applications running in background (such applications may acquire camera resources with high priority)

Another option is that I can prepare debug build specially for your device. This app will have the same functionality, but will collect logs to MyDocs folder. If this is ok for you to try this app on your device - please send me IMEI of your device (*#06#) to Michael.Nosov@gmail.com and I'd be glad to prepare debug build for you

Best regards,
Michael

saponga
2012-06-26, 12:25
is this the same app "front Camera" that i already have? mine doesnt have video etc and i cant see it on ovi store?

Dio you have a N9 ? ;)

chasetheangel
2012-06-26, 13:39
Hi! Thanks for feedback. Unfortunately, now I don't have an idea why it doens't record a video. On all devices that I have - video recording works perfectly. Can you try:
- Copy recorded video files to PC and try to play them on PC
- Check if there is no camera, audio, video applications running in background (such applications may acquire camera resources with high priority)

Another option is that I can prepare debug build specially for your device. This app will have the same functionality, but will collect logs to MyDocs folder. If this is ok for you to try this app on your device - please send me IMEI of your device (*#06#) to Michael.Nosov@gmail.com and I'd be glad to prepare debug build for you

Best regards,
Michael

-transferred the file and was opened up by the PC as a photo.
-nope there are no other apps open when I use the FCN9V+app.

just emailed you my IMEI, hopefully the debug build will be able to help to record whats happening.

Thanks.

Grazy
2012-06-26, 14:07
Dio you have a N9 ? ;)

yes I do! 64gb black! had it since release! I was only checking! I see there are two with similar names now! :)

MarcAnton
2012-06-26, 18:53
Works fine on my N9

Thanks for adding video function to front camera!:D

mnosov
2012-07-04, 13:22
Yes, I think digital zoom will be useful in mirror mode. You can zoom in to see if you have something stuck in your teeth and freeze it by taking a snapshot. Please do it mnosov.

Done. Version 1.0.1 is available in Store for update. Digital zoom is also supported during video recording. Enjoy!

irakli
2013-07-05, 14:32
Hi, i have n 9 and i need to photo and video with front cam so how do you can help me? my mail : k.gigi2000@gmail.com
thanks

AMD
2013-07-05, 14:44
Get Mirror app, there's a paid version which supports video/photo capture..
Seems like you're a new guy

irakli
2013-07-05, 14:46
ok can you tell me the title of this program

irakli
2013-07-05, 14:48
Get Mirror app, there's a paid version which supports video/photo capture..
Seems like you're a new guy
can you tell me tiitle of this program or mirror

setter
2013-07-05, 15:05
can you tell me tiitle of this program or mirror

Front Camera N9
http://store.ovi.com/content/292002