PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 770 external display

zii
2005-12-28, 14:42
Just wondered, is there a way, by hook or crook, for the n770 to support an external display? Perhaps via a 3rd party card or application?

Rgds, z.

arivero
2005-12-28, 20:24
Just wondered, is there a way, by hook or crook, for the n770 to support an external display? Perhaps via a 3rd party card or application?

Rgds, z.

To show an application in other machine should be trivial, shouldn't be?

DISPLAY="myhost:0", and then launch.

zii
2005-12-29, 17:31
I'll rephase the question:

I want to connect an LCD monitor to my n770, in a similar fashion to my USB keyboard. I.e n770 VGA out to DB-15 input of LCD monitor. Some CF cards allow you to reroute the VGA, so perhaps there might be some sort of USB device yuou could use as well, since the n770 doesn't have any CF/SD slots.

ps. arivero, thank-you...
you also need to do an xhost +n7770nodename to allow the myhost to accept the X connection.

Mike Cane
2005-12-29, 19:33
I doubt it. To get the PSP to display on a TV screen, some Asian company has come out with (or will be coming out with) what is essentially this ludicrous black pyramid you place over the entire screen. It's basically like a fixed-focus camera/sensor, that then sends the video to a TV. Yecch.

Really, you wouldn't put up with something like this,would you? --

http://www.pspontv.com/

zii
2005-12-30, 15:12
A terrible idea :(

bigboote
2005-12-30, 17:27
The PSP method is certainly a terrible idea, but an external display in the 770 via USB seems pretty reasonable. There are already USB devices that do this, and the 770 has the unique ability to act as a USB host. That means, theoretically, all you need is a driver and horsepower/memory.

frethop
2005-12-30, 20:22
To show an application in other machine should be trivial, shouldn't be?

DISPLAY="myhost:0", and then launch.

No...it doesn't work at present. See the thread http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=791

-F

Robette
2005-12-31, 07:12
Mike, that screen output solution for PSP is only one of the options. There is a direct-feed method but it requires the technical know how and the bravery to disassemble the unit.

The USB screen extenders work but are kind of laggy. But maybe if someone comes up with a VNC host for maemo.

The other option would be video streaming from the 770 via wifi. But somehow I think the 770 would have a hard time screen capturing at 30 fps.

paai
2009-12-15, 21:01
I'll rephase the question:

I want to connect an LCD monitor to my n770, in a similar fashion to my USB keyboard. I.e n770 VGA out to DB-15 input of LCD monitor. Some CF cards allow you to reroute the VGA, so perhaps there might be some sort of USB device yuou could use as well, since the n770 doesn't have any CF/SD slots.

ps. arivero, thank-you...
you also need to do an xhost +n7770nodename to allow the myhost to accept the X connection.

I don't quite see why you'd want to that. The nokia tablets are all right for internet in your shirt pocket, but a take netbook or laptop if you want to do real work.

But perhaps you have a special reason?