PDA

View Full Version : Problem Changing Device Name

Etaoin Shrdlu
2005-12-28, 17:51
This sounds extremely petty, but I can't change the device name on my 770. When I first got my 770, I set a device name to a random place holder (after checking to insure that it could be changed later). I am now trying to change the device name and am unable to. I even resorted to Reading The Funny Manual, but no luck.

Google has been no help, and I can't find any discussion in these forums, so I thought I'd asked if anyone else was capable of changing the device name.

Here's what I'm doing (what I tried before reading the manual is the same as what is described in the manual):

Control panel --> Device --> Name

change value in the text field next to "My device's name:"

click "OK"

When I click on "Device" again, the text field that I just changed has reverted to the previous value.

Rebooting does not seem to help either. I suppose I could re-flash and start over (or upgrade (I'm running 2.2005.45-7)). Would appreciate any feedback if others have had this problem and/or testing to see if this problem is limited to me.

Thanks.

ttpcomp
2005-12-28, 18:27
I’m running the same rel.ver. as you, no problem with renaming the device.

Etaoin Shrdlu
2005-12-28, 18:33
I’m running the same rel.ver. as you, no problem with renaming the device.

Thanks for the information. If this problem is just me/my 770, I'll re-flash the unit tonight and see if that fixes it.

erica
2005-12-28, 18:45
I have this same problem but whenever I go back it is blank.
Let me know if you fixed it.

Etaoin Shrdlu
2005-12-28, 18:51
I have this same problem but whenever I go back it is blank.
Let me know if you fixed it.

I'll be sure to reply to this thread if/when I figure it out (or fix it without figuring it out).