PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on my next printer: HP C6180

Texrat
2007-08-15, 15:43
Office Depot is offering the excellent HP Photosmart C6180 for $169 USD after instant savings and rebates. It's normally $299. Promotion lasts until 8/18/2007.

The website shows the instant discount but not rebate. For that you have to go to a store.

One of those babies is MINE this weekend!

http://www.officedepot.com/pictures/SK/LG/946069_sk_lg.jpg

http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=946069&Ntt=c6180&uniqueSearchFlag=true&An=text

bizshop
2007-08-15, 17:07
Can you use it with either n800 or n770? How do you do it?

Texrat
2007-08-15, 18:17
It *does* support wifi out of the box, and you can get a separate bluetooth radio for it (!), but to my knowledge the 770 and N800 still lack native printing support. However, I am buying this in the anticipation that things will change.

Rebski
2007-08-15, 20:01
......the anticipation that things will change.

A nod's as good as a wink, say no more squire.

Texrat
2007-08-15, 22:25
lol... wait! wait!

eh, yer father smells of elderberries...

Texrat
2007-08-17, 04:36
Okay, I picked it up tonight and so far I'm pleased. Very easy to set up, including the wifi. I was disappointed with one aspect: I wanted to have it on the lan and only use wifi for roaming devices or guests, but it looks like it has to be one or the other.

Speed is a little slow compared to similar printers, but quality is better so there's the trade-off. Plus, it's faster than the one it replaces so no real gripes. One bonus is the ability to print photos direct to 4x6 paper, which my other printers didn't have. Memory card support and color LCD were new too.

One of the main selling points (besides the $100 rebate) was bluetooth printing. HP sells their own usb BT radio for it, but on a whim I tried a generic one and it worked fine. My laptop saw it right away and autoconfigured (drivers were already installed) once I selected it in the BT devices list. Bluetooth was critical because when I'm working from home, my laptop can't see everything on my local network when I connect to work via VPN. It may be a VPN configuration issue, but rather than wrestle with it I decided a printer with BT would be a nice option... and sure enough, the first print went right through, VPN or no VPN!

There is a duplexing add-on available for about $70 I may buy later. For now I'm just glad to have that one printing issue solved!

Texrat
2007-08-22, 05:18
See this post (http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=70247&postcount=7) for what this now enables. :D

v.ketymilensi
2007-11-21, 17:29
Many Many thanks to you.

thanks for reply......:)

plympton
2007-11-21, 19:06
Okay, I picked it up tonight and so far I'm pleased. Very easy to set up, including the wifi. I was disappointed with one aspect: I wanted to have it on the lan and only use wifi for roaming devices or guests, but it looks like it has to be one or the other.

There is a duplexing add-on available for about $70 I may buy later. For now I'm just glad to have that one printing issue solved!

I was an HP'er and used to be in the design area of these things. Not sure why they limited the networking - probably easier for the firmware guys. They use a realtime OS, so it might not be a capability of the OS to multi-home.

The duplexer is really cool - once you use it, you'll not want to part with it. It's one of the reasons I keep my aging all-in-one (7410)

-Dan

Greyghost
2007-11-21, 19:13
lol... wait! wait!

eh, yer father smells of elderberries...

right right, say no more, indeed, a nudge is as good as a wink, old chum!