PDA

View Full Version : Formatting SD cards?

deathraceking
2007-08-18, 19:51
Hey everyone! My N800 arrived today. It's charging and I can't wait to get started!

I have a question about formatting the SD cards (to completely erase them). Is there a menu function to format the SD cards while they are inserted to the N800 or do they need to be formatted on my PC? If I need to do it on the PC, are there any specifics? Like FAT or FAT32? Can I click "device defaults" and format like that? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Milhouse
2007-08-18, 20:08
You can format memory cards in the N800 - in the File Manager application, open the application menu - press the Menu button while the File Manager application is active, or click in the application title area with the stylus (the area to the left of the system tray with all the icons).

In application menu you should see a "Memory Card" menu with options to format or rename the internal/external memory cards.

If you are using swap, you won't be able to format or rename the internal memory card.

pipeline
2007-08-18, 20:47
If you have any SDHC cards (which i believe are the only ones requiring fat32) then make sure to upgrade firmware before inserting.

deathraceking
2007-08-18, 21:10
Thanks all!

Is there an all encompassing "newbie faq" or a good site for what to do when you're first getting started?