PDA

View Full Version : HOWTO stop the tracker from rebuilding db after the N900 reboot

x-dongzi
2013-05-31, 05:06
Hi, Every One.
I have a problem about the tracker.
When I reboot the N900, the tracker-index always rebuild the db, even I do not change any image or video or audio.
And the tracker will always use 100% CPU, and I would not use the Phone for about 10 or 20 minutes.
Is there any solution to stop the tracker rebuild the db after boot the phone?
I don't want to stop it all the time, I just want the tracker to work after any image/video/audio changed, and I don't want it to slow my N900 boot time.

Thanks.

sLumPia
2013-05-31, 05:16
You can kill tracker with this command:
$ tracker-processes -r

x-dongzi
2013-05-31, 06:07
$ tracker-processes -r

If I kill the tracker after N900 boot, would the tracker start automatically again? If it would start again, will it use 100% CPU again?
Thanks.

x-dongzi
2013-05-31, 06:12
$ tracker-processes -r

I tried this command. And it do not do what I want to do.
This command stop the tracker and remove the tracker db and rebuild them.
I just do not want it take too mach CPU in the N900 booting time.
It would take 10~20 minutes after N900 boot, and cause 100% CPU usage, and I could not use the phone, because the CPU is 100% used.

sLumPia
2013-05-31, 07:02
try -k

tracker-processes --help
Usage:
tracker-processes [OPTION...] - Manage Tracker processes and data

Help Options:
-?, --help Show help options

Application Options:
-k, --kill Use SIGKILL to stop all tracker processes found - guarantees death :)
-t, --terminate Use SIGTERM to stop all tracker processes found
-r, --hard-reset This will kill all Tracker processes and remove all databases

sixwheeledbeast
2013-05-31, 07:11
The tracker generally causes me no problems.
Have you changed any tracker settings?

pichlo
2013-05-31, 07:19
Uninstall tracker (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1344196#post1344196) :)

Please note that it has a lot of dependencies including the stock media player and picture viewer. You will need to find alternatives.

Your problem looks strange. Tracker should only rebuild databases when it notices a change in watched folders. Perhaps it is misconfigured? Check out this thread (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=61960) for ideas and/or install tracker-cfg from extras.