PDA

View Full Version : SCUMM and Day of the Tentacle

Simon
2005-12-31, 04:06
It's the only old game I have to try out!

I am a Linux newbie and had a hard time getting this to work. I went through that whole convoluted giving myself root access process and got VIM to work so I can create directories in Xterminal and edit files and so on. I am still a bit hazy on the whole root access business but I followed the instructions and it seems to work.

It seems to get SCUMM to work you have to put the files in a directory off the root directory. I created a directory for the game there and copied in the two data files but the sound file is way to big. So instead I created links (using ln -s) to the files on the MMC card and that seems to work. It stutters a bit but runs. Without the sound file it would fail to start up past the LucasArts intro screen.

Is this how you're supposed to do it or is there a better way?

elwood
2006-01-02, 15:54
I just installed the scummvm maemo port (http://770.fs-security.com/scummvm/) from my mmc card, put the dot files into a folder on the same card, aded the game in scummvm and it worked.

Simon
2006-01-02, 17:29
You know I just tried it again and it worked but I am sure it wasn't letting me double click to change directories before. It would just try to choose it and say there were no games in it. Unless I was imagining things! Your way is much easier :)

Simon
2006-01-02, 17:43
Doh! I probably just wasn't double tapping the directories fast enough!

marwan
2006-03-01, 21:04
Can i run the PC version of Monkey Island on the 770 using SCUMMVM? a buncha sites say you cam, but how?

konttori
2006-03-02, 11:44
Can i run the PC version of Monkey Island on the 770 using SCUMMVM? a buncha sites say you cam, but how?

You just copy the entire directory of the game to your 770. Then open scumm. Choose add game. Navigate to media/mmc/your game. Add the game. It should show up now in games list. Choose run game. I'm writing off my memory here, so excuse if the process is not 100% correct.

marwan
2006-03-02, 12:40
You just copy the entire directory of the game to your 770. Then open scumm. Choose add game. Navigate to media/mmc/your game. Add the game. It should show up now in games list. Choose run game. I'm writing off my memory here, so excuse if the process is not 100% correct.

thanks dude, it worked! :)

marwan
2006-03-02, 12:58
wait....there is no sound! i messed with adlib and idfferent setting and still no sound. what should the setting be?

thanks again!

fanoush
2006-03-02, 15:26
Maybe the sound is compressed? In that case you need .deb from alternate port, check Application Catalog in maemo wiki http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ApplicationCatalog

elwood
2006-03-02, 16:28

And don't forget to change the save directory within scummvm. If you don't change it your saves will be gone whenever you update your 770's firmware.