PDA

View Full Version : So who has had their invitation email?

bockersjv
2013-11-17, 22:26
Not sure if I will be one of the 450 but it could be close. Would love to make the trip to Helsinki though.

So who is the first to receive the golden ticket email ? At least we know it won't be Dave999 :)

shmerl
2013-11-18, 00:17
Most probably wouldn't, since it's Finland only now.

Lumiaman
2013-11-18, 03:03
The invitees are likely the employees and others in the close circle, so that the party is truly a family party. I doubt anyone outside of those circles will be invited.

maluka
2013-11-18, 03:17
The invitees are likely the employees and others in the close circle, so that the party is truly a family party. I doubt anyone outside of those circles will be invited.

I got my invite and I'm not related to any Jolla people and I live 2 hours away from Helsinki. I did however put in my €100 pre-order during the first few minutes it was available.

Metsämies
2013-11-18, 03:29
I also got the invitation but I didn't remember to answer yesterday. Someone else will get my place..

bockersjv
2013-11-18, 10:12
Well that clears it up. I did wonder if they would send invites regardless of country of purchase. Shame they didn't, it would have been the longest trip to collect a new bit of tech. Beats the 200 mile round trip to collect my N900 by some mark.

bockersjv
2013-11-18, 10:15
So when will the invite to purchase emails be arriving?

Tujutzki
2013-11-18, 10:47
Well that clears it up. I did wonder if they would send invites regardless of country of purchase. Shame they didn't, it would have been the longest trip to collect a new bit of tech. Beats the 200 mile round trip to collect my N900 by some mark.

Plenty of people outside Finland have reported here (in the JollaLoveDay topic) that they have gotten the invitation, so country doesn´t matter. Jolla said on Twitter last week that only Finns would get the invitation, but they later corrected it.

gerbick
2013-11-18, 11:16
I can't help but draw parallels to getting your invite via e-mail to getting a Willy Wonka golden ticket...

I'm in the US, hadn't received any e-mail. I have an order ID, but opted for the 0€ package which means if there is any hierarchy that I'm probably near the bottom. But that's fine.

It'll happen sooner than later.

juiceme
2013-11-18, 11:36
I can't help but draw parallels to getting your invite via e-mail to getting a Willy Wonka golden ticket...

So our manners & behaviour will be judged harshly when we go to Narinkkatori... :D

ggabriel
2013-11-18, 11:46

There will be a special priority queue among the 450 that you can only join if you go with your grandfather.

bockersjv
2013-11-18, 11:49
I do wonder how many orders they received on the 20th May then. I ordered early morning but apparently was not one of the 450. Shame the order number gives nothing away :(

Maybe i shoudl have got my Grandpa to buy my pre-order ;)

Lumiaman
2013-11-18, 11:56
The good news is that in a week we will hopefully have unbiased review of Jolla first device. From ergonomics to other omics!

juiceme
2013-11-18, 12:03
The good news is that in a week we will hopefully have unbiased review of Jolla first device. From ergonomics to other omics!

True. I hope I will be able to be objective, but of course the subjective merits of the upcoming gala evening will affect my judgement. If the event is spectacular enough that will surely wobble bias to one side or another :cool:

Given enough booze & showgirls anything can happen :eek:

Dave999
2013-11-18, 12:11
So when will the invite to purchase emails be arriving?

noone knows but it must be soon maybe tomorrow.

I really hope you get an invite. If you are ready to move jolla should send you a invite. GL man!

@Marc. Give this guy an invite ASAP!

Lumiaman
2013-11-18, 14:33
You derailed this thread tooo.....

Morpog
2013-11-18, 14:42
you have to answer to invite till 20th. So I wouldn't count on order emails before that.

m4r0v3r
2013-11-18, 15:34
I wonder if people decline to go will others be invited in there place?

juiceme
2013-11-18, 15:39
I wonder if people decline to go will others be invited in there place?

It would make sense to send invites to the next in line, yes.

ggabriel
2013-11-18, 15:45
It would make sense to send invites to the next in line, yes.

There is of course a logistical limit there, so they _may_ do a second round of invites, but eventually any spare device may be sold to the general public FIFO sort of way. Ultimately, somebody will get sick the day of the event even if they confirmed they would go, so that device would go to somebody else.

Dave999
2013-11-18, 16:19
I hope all devices sold during the event comes with party mode as default setting. Any info on that?

i hope jolla really get 450 preorded customers to the party. Hope for another batch of updates. Party hard!

rainisto
2013-11-18, 16:32
The should be more emails and information coming 'soon', so patience is a virtue.

Kabouik
2013-11-18, 18:17
That "soon" inaccuracy is killing me. :D

biatch0
2013-11-19, 11:44
The word "soon" is used most by Blizzard... followed closely by Jolla now :D

P@t
2013-11-19, 12:00
The should be more emails and information coming 'soon', so patience is a virtue.

I thought it was 'pretty soon' ?

:D

vitaminj
2013-11-19, 12:37
Just got my invite. UK, €100.
I'm not quite mad enough to spend £100+hotel to go (although I would like to visit Finland at some point), so I guess I'll just sit tight and get it shipped when that email comes through.

mrsellout
2013-11-19, 12:51
Same here, just got an invite, can't justify the spend. If I had kids, I'd do a mini-break taking in Lapland, but this is too much even though it's the first Jolla.

It's good news for those who backed Jolla and might be able to make it though.

bockersjv
2013-11-19, 13:00
Well I have just had my invitation!
VIP INVITE TO FIRST JOLLA CUSTOMERS

Congratulations! As one of the very first to have pre-booked Jolla, you have the opportunity to purchase and collect your Jolla from the launch event at 5pm on 27 November 2013 in Helsinki, Finland.

RSVP BY 21 NOVEMBER AT THE LATEST

Please confirm by email by Thursday, 21 November, if you plan to be there. We will confirm your place at event by 22 November. Please note, there’s only 450 places available.

If you can't come to Finland and join the party, no worries, we will email you instructions to complete your payment online and ship your device in priority order.

The final payment, €299, will be completed on-site. The invite is personal and only to persons over 18 years. You can visit www.jolla.com for information about the latest features.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

Welcome!

Warm regards,

Jolla

Now to work out the logistics and see if it is possible :O

Tujutzki
2013-11-19, 13:44

Now this is interesting, thanks for sharing. =)

So they didn´t send enough invitations the first time around to gather 450 who could make it and now are having a second go with quite a narrow time table to sign up. Hope they manage to find enough people, on the other hand, if they still have free spots on the 27th I might be able to fit in to buy my own Jolla. =)

pycage
2013-11-19, 18:02
Also got an invitation today.
100 € preorder from Germany, on the first day at noon.
If I get a place confirmed, I'll fly to Helsinki. :)

Dave999
2013-11-19, 18:07
Also got an invitation today.
100 € preorder from Germany, on the first day at noon.
If I get a place confirmed, I'll fly to Helsinki. :)

I hope jolla reads this and send a conformation to you. Love your attitude.

RX-51
2013-11-19, 18:17

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

I got the same email, located in Germany here. I won't make it to Helsinki that day though.
I'd suggest you to remove it from your post though, don't want you to run into trouble!

Dave999
2013-11-19, 18:22
I got the same email, located in Germany here. I won't make it to Helsinki that day though.
I'd suggest you to remove it from your post though, don't want you to run into trouble!

Cmon. Openness is key! Do you mean jolla Will Punish Him for showing this? If that was the case i would never support jolla in any way...

As a side note. Is it even a legally valid way to send something outside of organization and demand to keep it a secret. I think the receiver must confirm before sending?

Rauha
2013-11-19, 18:55
Got invite, not going to the event.

100 euro pre-order on the first day (don't remember time).

EDIT:

Few pics about the square where the event will be held. Its in front of a big shopping centre. Lots of commercial events take place there. Also easy to get there. Next to Kamppi metro-station and about block and half away from Helsinki main railway station.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fa/Kamppi_Center_II.jpg

In late November it will propably look bit like this.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/50/Narinkkatori_Helsingin_Kampissa.jpg

tortoisedoc
2013-11-19, 19:21
I have personally mixed feelings about this invitation.
100 € Invitation to stay in a queue? In the evening? For three hours? Outside? IN FINLAND? Of course I will be doing it because I WANT THE PHONE , but somehow it feels a bit like "ne kusee mun silmaan"*, as they say, if you pardon my French.

*DISCLAIMER : The exact meaning of the frase might be overstated as the writer is not Finnish.

EDIT : ALSO, and more importantly, no information is given if the phones will be Operator-locked. Remember, the event is hailed by DNA (who is a telco in Finland)

Tujutzki
2013-11-19, 19:27
100 € Invitation to stay in a queue? In the evening? For three hours? Outside? IN FINLAND? Of course I will be doing it because I WANT THE PHONE , but somehow it feels a bit like "ne kusee mun silmaan"*, as they say, if you pardon my French.

*DISCLAIMER : The exact meaning of the frase might be overstated as the writer is not Finnish.

EDIT : ALSO, and more importantly, no information is given if the phones will be Operator-locked. Remember, the event is hailed by DNA (who is a telco in Finland)

I´m under the impression that the queueing takes place inside the pop-up store (I have imagined it to be a tent?), so no freezing except for those who won´t get the invitation but still hope to fit inside (like myself).

Jolla has said, multiple times I think, that the phone will not be operator locked.

Dave999
2013-11-19, 19:32
LoL. Will the event be outside ? Looks very cold.

Rauha
2013-11-19, 19:32
They are setting up a pop up store for the event. Most likely big heated show tent, or at least these sort of events tend to be arranged in such during winter. It's also only for people 18 or older, which basicly means that there will be free booze to drink.

Lock ins are rare in Finland and never used for full priced phones like Jolla. Also DNA already confirmed that Jollas won't be locked (IIRC).

Not overstated, pretty mild saying. The only thing to correct is that it should "ne kusee mun silmään"

tortoisedoc
2013-11-19, 19:33
I´m under the impression that the queueing takes place inside the pop-up store (I have imagined it to be a tent?), so no freezing except for those who won´t get the invitation but still hope to fit inside (like myself).

Jolla has said, multiple times I think, that the phone will not be operator locked.

That is all good and nice, but I paid for a phone, not a queue :)

Rauha
2013-11-19, 19:38
Wait for it to be delivered to your home then.

pycage
2013-11-19, 19:40
Few pics about the square where the event will be held. Its in front of a big shopping centre. Lots of commercial events take place there. Also easy to get there. Next to Kamppi metro-station and about block and half away from Helsinki main railway station.

Thanks for photos. Now I know which square this is. Really close to the railway station. :)

tortoisedoc
2013-11-19, 20:27
Wait for it to be delivered to your home then.

I can't! I HAVE to get it STRAIGHT AWAY !:D Besides, I could never miss the chance to see alot of people from here live ;)

DJJonosound
2013-11-19, 21:26
For those who do go... Please please please can someone make a full software tour of sailfish and put it on YouTube?

HtheB
2013-11-19, 22:08
I was one of the first ones that pre-ordered... but I took the €0 :p
So, no invitation over here :(

bockersjv
2013-11-20, 09:04
Anyone have any idea what form this launch event will take? I have flights and a hotel sorted so can make it... just. I arrive at 15:35 so if there are any delays it could be tight.

I just don't want to make the effort only to get to a tent in a Square with a plastic cup of bubbly and a credit card machine. I know this is a small company but I am hoping that at the launch there will be Company reps and press, maybe even TV :D If is is a smash and grab event like picking up the must have Christmas toy then i may pass.

juiceme
2013-11-20, 09:31
Anyone have any idea what form this launch event will take? I have flights and a hotel sorted so can make it... just. I arrive at 15:35 so if there are any delays it could be tight.

I just don't want to make the effort only to get to a tent in a Square with a plastic cup of bubbly and a credit card machine. I know this is a small company but I am hoping that at the launch there will be Company reps and press, maybe even TV :D If is is a smash and grab event like picking up the must have Christmas toy then i may pass.

I have no idea about the scale of the event and what's been planned there but I am fairly sure that ther'll be Jolla employees present. Whether it's possible to meet&chat with the management, I don't know about that.

I think TV and news media will be there, since Jolla has generally had pretty good coverage in finnish media, so you'll at least have a chance to appear in finnish TV news :D

rainisto
2013-11-20, 09:39

Small company... DNA has 1400+ employees. Launchpartyqueue is organized by DNA. Unfortunatly I don't know the details as I've only seen the invite flyer.

I would think that atleast some video cameras or tv would be present because invitation says "Tapahtuma tullaan taltioimaan ja kuvamateriaalia käytetään sosiaalisessa mediassa."

And as invitation was K18, I would think that there would be some refreshments and some sexy programme not to bore the people.

And ofcourse there will be 400+ passionate SailfishOS users that can make it a party that you remember :)

gerbick
2013-11-20, 09:42
I hope that all of the people attending will take pics. Sad, never been to Finland, probably would have gone to see how folks would take to Sailfish/Jolla on day one.

Boxeri
2013-11-20, 10:09
Hmm, has anyone who answered to the invite that are coming receved any additional information / email? i somehow remember that there was a due date and they said that they would send additional information and confirmation no later than 20th.

It is already past noon in Finland and I at least have not received any kind of confirmation. And yes, I did reply to the invitation on time :D

strongm
2013-11-20, 10:36
no later than 20th

I believe this may have been extended to 21st

Boxeri
2013-11-20, 10:47
I believe this may have been extended to 21st

Source?

Since I am about to sent somewhat anxious emails to any @jolla.com addresses I can find :D

My invitation clearly said by 20th. Maybe they had two waves of these invitations sent. For those abroad maybe more time was given?

ggabriel
2013-11-20, 10:52
Since I am about to sent somewhat anxious emails to any @jolla.com addresses I can find :D

If I were you, I'd wait until COB and email care@jolla.com. But that's me anyway. Do let us know if they respond that they'll give you further information "soon", as that will make me laugh a little bit.

Dave999
2013-11-20, 10:53
more time means even less time for the rest of us to pay. Unless the two events can be handled seperatly.
why this delay of payment info?

juiceme
2013-11-20, 11:19
more time means even less time for the rest of us to pay. Unless the two events can be handled seperatly.
why this delay of payment info?

How's that?
Payment with modern banking methods takes just minutes.

Dave999
2013-11-20, 11:26
How's that?
Payment with modern banking methods takes just minutes.

yes but many things can stop you during the way. If you only have a day or three. Will they hold the whole queue if someone is sick. Low money flow or vaccations for example

HtheB
2013-11-20, 11:48
will there be someone to break a Jolla device in front of everybody?
(Lumiaman?)
just like this:
Destroying a PS3 on launch day in front of waiting line (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Olki4X-da4)

seiichiro0185
2013-11-20, 11:57
Hmm, has anyone who answered to the invite that are coming receved any additional information / email? i somehow remember that there was a due date and they said that they would send additional information and confirmation no later than 20th.

It is already past noon in Finland and I at least have not received any kind of confirmation. And yes, I did reply to the invitation on time :D

I got the invite on last thursday (14.11.) with a deadline of 17.11. (sunday). I replied on thursday (that I can't make it due to work) and got a respones yesterday.

But maybe the responses to the ones who confirmed will be send out when they have "filled" the 450 places for the party..

Tujutzki
2013-11-20, 11:58
Source?

My invitation clearly said by 20th. Maybe they had two waves of these invitations sent. For those abroad maybe more time was given?

There has been another wave of emails, sent yesterday. The deadline for the second wave is tomorrow (21nd) and Jolla promised to confirm the places by 22nd day. Apparently they haven´t filled the 450 places with the first wave and didn´t want to send too many extra email the first time, so that people wouldn´t get their hopes up for nothing. The source: this thread, 3th page. =)

EDIT: Correction, it was the third page, message by bockersjv.

NokiaFanatic
2013-11-20, 12:05
Still no invite for me, I ordered with €100 package and signed up within 1-2 hours of pre-ordering going live.

I don't think I am that much of a Jolla fan boy that I will fly from the UK even if I get an invite.

NokiaFanatic
2013-11-20, 12:13
LoL. Will the event be outside ? Looks very cold.
Yea, because it's likely that they are going to make people wait outside in the Finnish winter for hours :confused:

Tujutzki
2013-11-20, 12:52
Yea, because it's likely that they are going to make people wait outside in the Finnish winter for hours :confused:

You might want to check the conversation on the 4th page of this thread. Quick summary: no waiting outside for hours.

Metsämies
2013-11-20, 13:17

The temperature is around zero degrees then, it's not cold! Cold means under -30C in Finland, usually on January or February and probably in the Northern Finland, not in Helsinki. But maybe Jolla&DNA have cold drinks and cold beer, so they will save money..

Dave999
2013-11-20, 14:05
The temperature is around zero degrees then, it's not cold! Cold means under -30C in Finland, usually on January or February and probably in the Northern Finland, not in Helsinki. But maybe Jolla&DNA have cold drinks and cold beer, so they will save money..

frozen margaritas would be nice.

Boxeri
2013-11-20, 16:16
Jolla has started to sent out final invitations, got mine today.

Final queue place is still unclear. Invitation sais in finnish that queue order is determined according to arrival order.

So, worlds number one consumer Jolla owner is still up for graps ;)

I bet there is going to be someone with a tent waiting for registration opening on the 26th already :)

bockersjv
2013-11-20, 17:41
Replied to invite, could not find a reason not to go! Leave booked just awaiting confirmation before I book flights and hotel. Utter madness but who cares :D

pycage
2013-11-20, 18:05
Got a place reserved and just booked flight and a room for the night.
Now I'm looking forward to the Launch Party! :)
I guess Finnish press and TV will be there, too.

Yes, it's an expensive trip, but this is a special event and not just a phone.

tissot
2013-11-20, 18:34
Got a place reserved and just booked flight and a room for the night.
Now I'm looking forward to the Launch Party! :)
I guess Finnish press and TV will be there, too.

Yes, it's an expensive trip, but this is a special event and not just a phone.

Wow, I really am impressed by some of you.
Hopefully nobody will leave disappointed by the event!

Tujutzki
2013-11-20, 19:54
Got my invitation today, hooray!! =D

late88
2013-11-21, 04:36
Got my invitation today, hooray!! =D

Me too, maybe I see you guys there :)

juiceme
2013-11-21, 05:58
I guess this settles the discussion on "The Very First One":

klo. 17 - Maailman hauskin jono aukeaa ennakkovaraajille. Saavuthan ajoissa paikalle lunastaaksesi paikkasi jonossa! Paikat jonossa jaetaan siinä järjestyksessä kun ilmoittautuneet saapuvat paikalle.

Rough Translation;
17:00 - The world's most hilarious queue opens for pre-orderers. Please arrive on time to claim your place in the line! Places in the queue are allocated in the order in which the enrolled arrive on the scene.

tortoisedoc
2013-11-21, 09:27
frozen margaritas would be nice.

Even better kaypiroska's all over ;)

tortoisedoc
2013-11-21, 09:29
I guess this settles the discussion on "The Very First One":

Rough Translation;
I would not be 100% sure on this. In the confirmation mail, they assign a number to you. So I guess they can track down the actually first one.

Tujutzki
2013-11-21, 10:13
I would not be 100% sure on this. In the confirmation mail, they assign a number to you. So I guess they can track down the actually first one.

I would personally prefer them forming the order of the queue based on the time of pre-ordering, but I got the same mail and that´s how it read: within the group of 450 pre-orderers who go to the event, order in the queue is based on when you arrive.

Edit: They might have a bit different info in the invitation vs. the confirmation mail?

Tsippaduida
2013-11-21, 11:21
I'll be there too. Can't come early to ascertain my place in the front of the queue, but i'll be there.

Rauha
2013-11-21, 11:24
I would personally prefer them forming the order of the queue based on the time of pre-ordering,

How would that work in practise?

It starts at 17:00 and ends at 23:00. What if the person with lowest pre-order number arrivies at 22.55? Everybody else waits for 6 hours, or they check every few minutes pre-order numbers from the people who have arrived.

Tujutzki
2013-11-21, 11:34
How would that work in practise?

It starts at 17:00 and ends at 23:00. What if the person with lowest pre-order number arrivies at 22.55? Everybody else waits for 6 hours, or they check every few minutes pre-order numbers from the people who have arrived.

Apparently they have decided or have come to the conclusion that it wouldn´t work. =)
But to give one option: Of course the checking of pre-order number would have to be done between all those who arrive before 18:00

HtheB
2013-11-21, 12:41
Believe me, it will be a 'chaotic' day.

I'm pretty sure they wont even look at the numbers... Better yet, I'm also sure that even if you didn't pre-ordered it, you could still buy the device by waiting in the line

tortoisedoc
2013-11-21, 13:37
Believe me, it will be a 'chaotic' day.

I'm pretty sure they wont even look at the numbers... Better yet, I'm also sure that even if you didn't pre-ordered it, you could still buy the device by waiting in the line

...so your opinion is that we should prepare to fight for the meat? ;)

HtheB
2013-11-21, 15:26
...so your opinion is that we should prepare to fight for the meat? ;)

Well... yeah... sort of :D
Almost a year ago, Vodafone made an awesome deal here in the Netherlands. 2 years long, 50% discount contract with a free iPhone 5. (only €32 a month)
- Unlimited calling
- Unlimited text messaging
- 2GB Data

Guess what happened....
http://cdniphone.i-culture.nl/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Chaos-Kampen-Vodafone1.jpg

and at the end of the day, people started to fight.... and police had to come in action

(damn, think about it that you actually need to go to the store that is next to Vodafone store....)

Kabouik
2013-11-21, 15:39
Almost a year ago, Vodafone made an awesome deal here in the Netherlands. 2 years long, 50% discount contract with a free iPhone 5. (only €32 a month)
- Unlimited calling
- 2GB Data
Damn, in France we have unlimited calling to mobile lines and standard lines, unlimited messaging, 3 GB data (then lower bitrate) for 20€/month without special offer. With special offer (Internet subscription with router with the same provider, so not limited to a special occaison), it lowers to 16€/month... :o

Quite happy that Free (it's a name) came in the market of providers and caused a big earthquake in the pricing of mobile contracts... :o Before that, subscriptions were ridiculously expensive. :/

ggabriel
2013-11-21, 15:49
Considering that up to 450 people will be invited, this shouldn't be a problem... I haven't heard (yet) that they are opening it to the public. That said, it will have to be a pretty big tent. I'm a bit jealous of the ones that are going :-)

Metsämies
2013-11-21, 16:18
I haven't heard (yet) that they are opening it to the public.

It is mentioned on invitation: 18.00 Doors will be open to others, if there is space left.

klo 17 Maailman hauskin jono aukeaa ennakkovaraajille. Saavuthan ajoissa paikalle!

klo 18 Ovet aukeavat myös muille, jos tilaa vielä on.

klo 19 DNA myy maailman ensimmäisen Jolla-puhelimen

ggabriel
2013-11-21, 16:42
It is mentioned on invitation: 18.00 Doors will be open to others, if there is space left.

True, thanks for that. However, they will have to set some sort of expectation. Also, it isn't like they are offering a massive savings deal, they are just selling a phone :-)

Dave999
2013-11-21, 16:54
Would be aswsome if jolla set up a jPhone at the party so we can use ssh to IT and participate in the party fr.o.m. Everywhare. They need to think in new geeky cool ways like that...

Release party world wide :D

If you work at jolla and reading this. Make it happen! If you support jolla and reading this send twitter to them so they can make this happen!

My ideas are so superior and unlike!
http://i.imgur.com/XFC97.gif

bockersjv
2013-11-22, 08:55
Now just awaiting confirmation email and invite details. Hope the flight prices don't start rising in the meantime.

Any advice of a cheap, and i mean cheap, hotel near the event HQ?

Many thank

Tujutzki
2013-11-22, 09:06
Now just awaiting confirmation email and invite details. Hope the flight prices don't start rising in the meantime.

Many thank

Here´s one suggestion:
http://www.omenahotels.com/our-hotels/finland/helsinki-eerikinkatu/

The other two Omena hotels in Helsinki are very near to the event as well.

OVK
2013-11-22, 11:01
According to some Finnish news sites some Finnish preorderers are furious because they can't already get the phone: http://www.tietokone.fi/artikkeli/uutiset/onnekkaille_varaajille_pian_jolla_puhelin_muille_p ipo#comments (in Finnish)

They find it unreasonable that they should travel to Helsinki launch party to buy the phone... :)

"The only contact has been that I could now buy the pipo. Not funny." says one of the preorderers quoted in the article. :(

Huge thumbs up for those who travel from outside of Finland to party! Great dedication.

tortoisedoc
2013-11-22, 13:20
Would be aswsome if jolla set up a jPhone at the party so we can use ssh to IT and participate in the party fr.o.m. Everywhare. They need to think in new geeky cool ways like that...

Release party world wide :D

If you work at jolla and reading this. Make it happen! If you support jolla and reading this send twitter to them so they can make this happen!

My ideas are so superior and unlike!
http://i.imgur.com/XFC97.gif

jPhone? iPh0ne?

tortoisedoc
2013-11-22, 13:22
According to some Finnish news sites some Finnish preorderers are furious because they can't already get the phone: http://www.tietokone.fi/artikkeli/uutiset/onnekkaille_varaajille_pian_jolla_puhelin_muille_p ipo#comments (in Finnish)

They find it unreasonable that they should travel to Helsinki launch party to buy the phone... :)

"The only contact has been that I could now buy the pipo. Not funny." says one of the preorderers quoted in the article. :(

Huge thumbs up for those who travel from outside of Finland to party! Great dedication.

Thinking of it, if they would offer Jallu-cola for the people in line, I bet there would be NO complaints ;D

bockersjv
2013-11-22, 15:46
Well despite replying on the 20th to confirm i would love to attend as well as a tweet conversation with Jolla I have just received an email telling me about the shipping and payment process. On querying this email I am told I have not got a place on the launch event!!!!! :(

Not happy. I emailed and tweeted Jolla as i wanted to get flights booked they replied saying they are hoping to meet me, now to be told that I have not got a place!

Customer service fail

setter
2013-11-22, 15:54
I've got the mail :)

bockersjv
2013-11-22, 15:54
There is a certain irony in that I responded to their emails on my N9, which i assume did not send them although they appear in the sent folder.

Thoke
2013-11-22, 16:31
Well despite replying on the 20th to confirm i would love to attend as well as a tweet conversation with Jolla I have just received an email telling me about the shipping and payment process. On querying this email I am told I have not got a place on the launch event!!!!! :(

Not happy. I emailed and tweeted Jolla as i wanted to get flights booked they replied saying they are hoping to meet me, now to be told that I have not got a place!

Customer service fail

Too bad :(

Dave999
2013-11-22, 16:34
wtf I will ****ing cancel my preorder...what a joke!

give the man his spot. He is flying over there to support you

unbelievable !

Thoke
2013-11-22, 16:44
wtf I will ****ing cancel my preorder...what a joke!

give the man his spot. He is flying over there to support you

unbelievable !

Patience is your friend. They'll e-mail the instructions to you this evening or by monday :) It's said in my e-mail that the invitations will be sent according to your pre-order date. EDIT: and to all pre-orderers.

maluka
2013-11-22, 16:45

Many thank

You should also look on airbnb.com for a cheap room.

ggabriel
2013-11-22, 16:47
Patience is your friend. They'll e-mail the instructions to you this evening or by monday :) It's said in my e-mail that the invitations will be sent according to your pre-order date. EDIT: and to all pre-orderers.

I think Dave is empathising with bockersjv only. It does suck that they say they give you a place and then they take it away. Surely an error.

Thoke
2013-11-22, 17:02
Oh, true. How could I have missed that :o

bockersjv
2013-11-22, 17:42
I think Dave is empathising with bockersjv only. It does suck that they say they give you a place and then they take it away. Surely an error.
They offered a place which I confirmed. They appear not to have received the confirm email. Not their fault, but utterly disappointing nonetheless.

bockersjv
2013-11-22, 17:44
In fact scrub that. Just got an email confirming my place due to a cancellation!
:D:D:D:D

Dave999
2013-11-22, 17:45
In fact scrub that. Just got an email confirming my place due to a cancellation!
:D:D:D:D

Congrats, now I can support jolla again. I think it was all because they read this thread ;)

pycage
2013-11-23, 08:56

Many thank

For a cheap room near the event, you can try Omena Hotel. There are two you can choose from: one near the station (don't remember the street name) and one in Erikinkatu. The one at the station should be closer to the event, I think.

You pay by credit card and will receive a door code to enter your room any time. No check-in / check-out procedure required.

nieldk
2013-11-23, 09:29
yeah got my invite mail :)

strongm
2013-11-23, 12:06
I've had an email from Jolla that says I'm going to get an email.

shadebug
2013-11-23, 12:28
I'm guessing there's a fair few of us running the 3.35pm gauntlet. Anybody know the best way to get to the event? Taxi's probably a bit dear.

As for accommodation, apparently Vantaa is one of the best airports in Europe for sleeping rough. Free wifi and everything.
http://www.sleepinginairports.net/europe/helsinki.htm#.UpCfUZHsrjI

MaximilianJenius
2013-11-25, 10:21
Just paid for my gf's Jolla device. The other half is Cali bound! It may be her phone but its my toy. :D
Shipping said 3-4 weeks. I also have questions about how my order number might be related to my shipping number but I guess it is just a waiting game now at this point. This is supposed to be a xmas present hopefully it gets here in time or I will be in scramble mode at the last minute. lol

Rauha
2013-11-25, 10:30

I spent a night at hotel Helka about month ago. Cheap (by Nordic standards), but clean and good service. Lets say mediocre.

About 300-400m walk to the event.

http://www.helka.fi/en

on google : https://plus.google.com/101471531156820114720/about?gl=fi&hl=fi (the event place is next to "Kampin metro asema /kamppi metrostation" on that google map).

cvp
2013-11-25, 11:04
i get my password to finish my order... aber WTF ??? i read 15€ Shipping??? I remember, that the shipping is world wide in the 399€ incl. !!!?? or i remember me wrong?

Pre-Order from 20.05.2013 (100€)

ggabriel
2013-11-25, 11:06
i get my password to finish my order... aber WTF ??? i read 15€ Shipping??? I remember, that the shipping is world wide in the 399€ incl. !!!?? or i remember me wrong?

It wasn't included, IIRC they stated that they "may" charge - it's been in the FAQ for a while now.

ste-phan
2013-11-25, 11:36
- Unlimited calling
- 2GB Data

Guess what happened....
http://cdniphone.i-culture.nl/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Chaos-Kampen-Vodafone1.jpg

and at the end of the day, people started to fight.... and police had to come in action

(damn, think about it that you actually need to go to the store that is next to Vodafone store....)

Impressive. I see mostly men desperate to score a perceived cheap iPhone. :rolleyes:
Why they started a fight? I hope it was Vodaphone they were fighting. Any shortage of iPhone would be artificially created. Poor them.

Rauha
2013-11-25, 11:45
It wasn't included, IIRC they stated that they "may" charge - it's been in the FAQ for a while now.

"Expected availability by end of 2013 subject to demand in your local market. Sales will start in European countries with more countries to follow. If you join the Movement and get the pre-order number to buy the phone when available, you’ll pay no more than 399€; including applicable VAT in Europe, but excluding shipping costs, duties and any local taxes."

http://web.archive.org/web/20130521141843/https://join.jolla.com/en

cvp
2013-11-25, 12:28
"Expected availability by end of 2013 subject to demand in your local market. Sales will start in European countries with more countries to follow. If you join the Movement and get the pre-order number to buy the phone when available, you’ll pay no more than 399€; including applicable VAT in Europe, but excluding shipping costs, duties and any local taxes."

http://web.archive.org/web/20130521141843/https://join.jolla.com/en

Ok, thanks for the Link, than i am happy :D YEAH !!!! Hope there will start to send it on 02.12/03.12 to us :)

XiliX
2013-11-25, 13:44
i got my invite.

pycage
2013-11-25, 17:55
I'm guessing there's a fair few of us running the 3.35pm gauntlet. Anybody know the best way to get to the event? Taxi's probably a bit dear.

From the airport, take the Finnair City Bus directly to Helsinki Central Station (the last stop). The ride is 6.30 EUR and the bus stop is just across the street when exiting Terminal 1 (should be similar for Terminal 2).
A bus leaves for the city every 20 minutes.
From the Central Station to Kamppi is just a few steps across the street.

The bus back to the airport leaves at bus platform 30 next to Helsinki Central Station (left to the main entrance). It's 6.30 EUR again and leaves every 20 minutes.

bockersjv
2013-11-25, 18:19
Flight booked, managed to get direct for £98, beat my staff discount price too and no standing by. Plus factor is that I get in at 14:40 so should be in the city centre with plenty of time to spare. Hotel booked at Omena Hotel Helsinki Eerikinkatu, many thanks Tujutzki. €59 not just need to get some Euros for buses etc.

Many thanks to all for info. May see you there:D

Dave999
2013-11-25, 18:22
Flight booked, managed to get direct for £98, beat my staff discount price too and no standing by. Plus factor is that I get in at 14:40 so should be in the city centre with plenty of time to spare. Hotel booked at Omena Hotel Helsinki Eerikinkatu, many thanks Tujutzki. €59 not just need to get some Euros for buses etc.

Many thanks to all for info. May see you there:D

Great to hear! Maybe you can spy and report back to TMO HQ during the day?

maluka
2013-11-25, 19:10
The tent is going up https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZ8C_0eCcAALZjJ.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/DNA_fi/status/405045787278573568/photo/1

Rauha
2013-11-25, 19:16
Or take bus number 615 from airport.

Only 4.20 euros, takes about 5 minutes longer that Finnair express bus.

Also this Helsinki region public transport planner could be handy (english version).

http://www.reittiopas.fi/en/

Example From Helsinki-Vantaa Airport to your hotel 14:40 on wendsday. (http://www.reittiopas.fi/en/?showsearchformsaved=hide&from_in=helsinki+vantaa&from=&via_in=&via=&via_time=0&to_in=Eerikinkatu+24&to=&hour=14&minute=40&timetype=departure&date_cb=tomorrow&day=27&month=11&year=2013&cmargin=3&wspeed=70&method=1&stz=0&mc1=0&mc2=0&mc3=0&mc4=0&mc5=0&mc6=0&mc0=1&nroutes=3&gotoHash=)

The tent is going up
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZ8C_0eCcAALZjJ.jpg
I would have gone, if I had known that one could enter into a giant purple vagina.

shadebug
2013-11-25, 22:00
Great advice on the buses.

In other news, does anybody know what the payment options will be on the day? Do Chip and Pin cards work in Finland?

Rauha
2013-11-25, 22:21
Yes, those work.

(IIRC) DNA said that cash, will be ok at the event as well.

EDIT: one more money related advice to peeps first time in Finland. There's no tipping whatsoever for anything. Unless you're a drunken middle aged american male tourist trying to impress local waitreses.

shadebug
2013-11-25, 22:58
I would have gone, if I had known that one could enter into a giant purple vagina.

I think you've been double bagging femidoms