PDA

View Full Version : XMPP - with own Server

cvp
2013-12-16, 21:56
Ok here is the Tutorial/fix: Big thanks goes to "special" on iirc chat

** This Tutorial is only for users what use a own server with openfire **

01) create a xmpp account (username: name@debian, pw: your pw)
by me is it @debian, because a named it so in openfire
02) activated developers mode on jolla (if you dont do this before)
03) typ in Terminal this:
mc-tool list
=> you will get this information: gabble/jabber/jabber_xx
=> this number on the end is importend for the next steps

04) type now this with the correct number! (xx):
mc-tool update gabble/jabber/jabber_xx bool:ignore-ssl-errors=true
05) now we change the server adress from default (dont forget the jabber number) - type this all in one line!
mc-tool update gabble/jabber/jabber_xx string:server=xxx.dyndns.org
06)the follow step is ONLY if you use a different port (jabber default port is 5222, but my port is different)
mc-tool update gabble/jabber/jabber_xx uint:port=yyyyy

xx = jabber number
yyyyy= your new port

after than there will restart the service and you will find your contacts in contacts in the earth symbol. pull up from buttom and than pulldown, and you will see your status in the top :)

sorry for my bad english , hope you will understand me :D

UPDATE: Its now possible to usw a own certificate.

first create a folder in telepathy:
mkdir -p /home/nemo/.config/telepathy/certs/

than copy your cert (jabber-ca_or_cert.crt) in the Download folder and type this in the terminal, too
cp /home/nemo/Downloads/jabber-ca_or_cert.crt /home/nemo/.config/telepathy/certs/

Restart Phone and have fun :) if is it not working, than you have re add your account

Thanks to Alexander Couzens to find a solution and Nokiuss60 tell us :)

German Tutorial: http://sailfishmods.de/mods/modssw/xmpp-server/xmpp-server.htm

miqu
2013-12-16, 22:44
Hello,

I have been having the same situation. Also joining multiuser chats is one thing I am hoping for on the future updates.

I heard that XMPP works with Facebook for somebody?

cvp
2013-12-16, 22:53
some one on iirc help me to fix it, i write in next minits a tutorial on the first post, but only xmpp

cvp
2013-12-16, 23:38
ok first post is edit... i delete my probleme, because there is now working correctly :D

mbo
2013-12-17, 13:42
Thanks a lot, this solved my problem! Now waiting for fixed SMTP settings...

v2px
2013-12-17, 14:44
Kinda offtopic, but.. I'm not sure if I got something wrong but I added an XMPP account and can't see if it's online? Where can I see my roster and message people?

Raim
2013-12-17, 14:52
Where can I see my roster and message people?

Use the pulley menu on the notifications screen to see and control the presence details.

cvp
2013-12-18, 10:12
Kinda offtopic, but.. I'm not sure if I got something wrong but I added an XMPP account and can't see if it's online? Where can I see my roster and message people?

the message you will find on SMS notification. and the contacts you will find in contacts in the "earth" symmbol.

Fuzzillogic
2013-12-18, 14:10
I had added my own server using the normal Account settings. Initially, after adding the account I had no clue how to use it. But since I use self-signed cert, I had to use "mc-tool update gabble/jabber/jabber_xx bool:ignore-ssl-errors=true". Now it connects just fine.

It'd be nice if this option was available from GUI, and that these kind of errors were reported better.

benny1967
2013-12-19, 21:13
Thank you, helped me a lot with setting up my account at jabber.ccc.de.

Jollas default settings didn't work at all. I used mc-tool to check the setting at my desktop and then applied the same values on the phone. Sweet!

low
2013-12-19, 21:25
adding the bool:ignore-ssl-errors=true to my jabber.ccc.de account was all it needed...actually putting the string:server foo there in addition broke it again, does that check out with you guys?

benny1967
2013-12-19, 21:40
adding the bool:ignore-ssl-errors=true to my jabber.ccc.de account was all it needed...actually putting the string:server foo there in addition broke it again, does that check out with you guys?

I don't have the "server" string on my desktop, either. Settings on my desktop are:

(uint) port = 5223
(bool) old-ssl = true
(string) resource = Desktop
(string) account = blabla@jabber.ccc.de
(bool) ignore-ssl-errors = true

On the Jolla phone it now is:

(uint) port = 5223
(bool) old-ssl = true
(string) account = blabla@jabber.ccc.de
(bool) ignore-ssl-errors = true

The port number is probably not necessary, don't know why I changed it to 5223. I guess it's old-ssl and/or ignore-ssl-errors that made the difference.

low
2013-12-19, 21:56
what does the old-ssl do?

shmerl
2013-12-19, 22:02
Why would you need all those settings though? Are those servers having problems with proper SSL usage, or it's some kind of Telepathy issue?

low
2013-12-19, 22:10
I think it's because jabber.ccc.de is self-certified, so it doesn't check out against the usual certification entities. But hey, I just own a Jolla, I have no idea about how computers talk to each other.

w00t
2013-12-20, 01:25
what does the old-ssl do?

Nothing. It won't be added to new accounts anymore in a future update.

MrBlueSky
2013-12-20, 10:53
Does anyone know how I can change the priority?

I see on my server that my jolla phone registers with priority 0, but I want the same priority as my other clients.

w00t
2013-12-20, 11:13
t'd be nice if this option was available from GUI, and that these kind of errors were reported better.

Bad error reporting is known. There has been some work done on exposing more options to the UI, but I don't have any idea when it will be available for you yet.

cvp
2013-12-20, 11:23
Bad error reporting is known. There has been some work done on exposing more options to the UI, but I don't have any idea when it will be available for you yet.

any infos about file transfer , like pic, videos, files... ?

w00t
2013-12-20, 18:27
any infos about file transfer , like pic, videos, files... ?

No news at this time.

cy8aer
2013-12-20, 19:10
I had luck with the instructions and my ejabberd with cacert certificates by ignoring ssl errors. I assume that it is the missing cacert root certificate. What must be done to import these certificates? What about inserting certificates in the browser (dialog box with unclickable Ok button)?

http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3

thessy
2013-12-22, 14:50
04) type now this with the correct number! (xx):
mc-tool update gabble/jabber/jabber_xx bool:ignore-ssl-errors=true

Great, that solved my problem with my own jabber server (also CAcert certificate)!

Nokiuss60
2013-12-22, 18:45
I put the crt file into the /etc/ssl/certs folder but had no afact for login on (jabber.ccc.de)

the Browser did not respose to add the cert file :-/

cy8aer
2013-12-22, 18:56
I put the crt file into the /etc/ssl/certs folder but had no afact for login on (jabber.ccc.de)

the Browser did not respose to add the cert file :-/

Same with me and the crts from cacert. We need some mechanism to set root certs in the browser, sailfish, and dalvik...

Nokiuss60
2013-12-29, 15:59
so also on together.jolla.com popsup this questuon but no fix there aser which works for us :(

https://together.jolla.com/question/2949/where-can-i-add-a-system-ca-certificate/

Nokiuss60
2014-01-20, 20:54
Alexander Couzens

found a soulution for the XMPP cert Problem --> http://lunarius.fe80.eu/blog/jolla-jabber-certificate.html

cvp
2014-01-20, 21:44
cool , thanks for PM , i update the first post :)

Nokiuss60
2014-01-21, 06:06
Welcome ;)