PDA

View Full Version : Other languages on Jolla / Sailfish

rob_kouw
2013-12-22, 22:40
Dutch is not included on the Jolla. That's OK, as I want my device in English anyway.

But it would be nice to have a Dutch dictionary for composing e-mails etc. I noticed my Dutch words find their way into the UK dictionary, which is hardly helpful. The onscreen keyboard shows English words most of the time, seldom a useful Dutch word to pick.

It would even be workable to have a choice for a new language setting English / Dutch, with the device in English, the onscreen keyboard in US/Qwerty and the Dutch dictionary being empty. I will eventually fill it up myself.

Could this be tweaked in any way?

SaiKo
2013-12-24, 13:23
Dutch is not included on the Jolla. That's OK, as I want my device in English anyway.

But it would be nice to have a Dutch dictionary for composing e-mails etc.

seconded!!

tiempjuuh
2013-12-24, 14:32
At least I think, because of many references I found in /usr/share/maliit/, it uses Nuances XT9 prediction. XT9 is available in many languages, so that's good, but it's closed source and I can't find the place where the dictionaries are stored... :(

Maybe it's a good start to find out in which format they're stored, where they are located and if it is possible to add other languages, like Dutch. It could be doable since we've got an open source dictionary team, found here (http://opentaal.org/english).

I said in the KB layout thread. So, if anyone could help finding the dictionaries it would be great. I think I will ask on IRC in a minute, maybe the guys out there know it.

EDIT: Okay, so there's a folder ~/.local/share/xt9/ with a rather large (1.2MB) file in it (user dictionary?), I just don't know what it does yet, nor where the default dictionaries are stored.

Bundyo
2013-12-25, 22:02
The default dictionaries are in the XT9 QT5 plugin :) Unfortunately :(

prometoys
2013-12-26, 19:08
what kind of file is the xt9.dlm?