PDA

View Full Version : Sailfish Update coming today

bockersjv
2014-01-31, 14:47
Looks like this has started. Some odd behaviour on the store this morning and teasing tweet sent by Antii Saarnio a few minutes ago.

I'm in the UK and it too a few few hours to get 1.0.2.5 so have any of the Finnish users seen the update appear yet? 1.0.3.3 IIRC.

Time to make sure you have done a back up and are fully charged.

coderus
2014-01-31, 15:24
1.0.3.7 already here. 1.0.3.8 released today(yesterday?)

Kake41
2014-01-31, 15:51
1.0.3.7 already here. 1.0.3.8 released today(yesterday?)

Uhh...
What are you talking about? What are the 1.0.3.7 and 1.0.3.8 updates?

Anyways, here's a teaser from Antti Saarnio: https://twitter.com/AnttiSaarnio/status/429261657831780352/photo/1

TMavica
2014-01-31, 15:53
There is many package upgrade in command line.
the update should be come soon

gsalone
2014-01-31, 15:55
Yes indeed :)http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1409995&postcount=276

Julf
2014-01-31, 16:34
My device still reports "up to date" with 1.0.2.5

Rauha
2014-01-31, 16:37
No update for me.

EDIT: And 10 minutes later it pops up.

evk
2014-01-31, 16:44
Updating right now, NFC power drain fix is included!

TMavica
2014-01-31, 16:45
1.038 available!

tissot
2014-01-31, 16:48
Same here. Updating at the moment.

Dave999
2014-01-31, 16:51
No Update Here. But my jolla collecting dust ATM so I will charge it and see if they fixed landscape mode and/or copy and paste.

Any changelog?

Rauha
2014-01-31, 16:52
Updating right now, NFC power drain fix is included!
Also support for horizontal in browser and elsewhere mentioned.

Still downloading.

TMavica
2014-01-31, 16:53
No Update Here. But my jolla collecting dust ATM so I will charge it and see if they fixed landscape mode and/or copy and paste.

Any changelog?

https://together.jolla.com/question/21786/release-notes-software-version-1038-naamankajarvi/

Rauha
2014-01-31, 16:55
Anybody else have problem with download?

Mine starts, then just hangs and finally stops.

TMavica
2014-01-31, 16:59
topic should be rename

tissot
2014-01-31, 17:00
https://together.jolla.com/question/21786/release-notes-software-version-1038-naamankajarvi/

Nice!
NFC bug fixed and event location support to calendar events added.
Now all pressing issues are fixed for me and the wait for new features start.

It's downloading here, but very slowly. Been downloading for past 15 minutes.

Rauha
2014-01-31, 17:05
I can start download it spins for few to 20 seconds, then I get trouble at store message.

I guess their servers are overloaded. Try again later.

evk
2014-01-31, 17:06
Still no calendar sync.

vo-de
2014-01-31, 17:07
Managed to update before the poor Jolla servers became overloaded :p

Looks good so far and bye bye pocket calls! (option to disable quick dial)

Rauha
2014-01-31, 17:08
Naamankajärvi (according to Google image search).

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/94130884.jpg

Naamanka = Lainasana pohjoisaamesta; 'poron sarvia niiden kasvuaikana peittävä karvainen nahka'

:eek:

Naamanka is apparently borrowed word to finnish from one of the Sami languages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_people). It means the furry leather that covers new reindeer antlers while the antlers are growing. So ummmmm...Lake of freaky fur antlers is the name of the update.

:eek:

http://www.vastavalo.fi/albums/userpics/13414/normal_547_nahkasarvi2.jpg

ljo
2014-01-31, 17:20
I can start download it spins for few to 20 seconds, then I get trouble at store message.

I guess their servers are overloaded. Try again later.

Only started over once for me. Thought it was due to my switch from 3g to wifi.

Zoxir
2014-01-31, 17:25

Yep same here

pycage
2014-01-31, 17:28
To those with download problems:

Do you happen to have OpenRepos / Warehouse repositories active?
This can increase the time to refresh repositories and the whole download to fail in case of package conflicts.

Silwer
2014-01-31, 17:32
Just updated. My biggest worry was about custom Estonian Keyboard I had installed. Now I can confirm that I had no issues with that and actually it even works now better in landscape mode. Browser rotates 90 degrees.

Will continue testing... :)

Rauha
2014-01-31, 17:36
To those with download problems:

Do you happen to have OpenRepos / Warehouse repositories active?
This can increase the time to refresh repositories and the whole download to fail in case of package conflicts.

I've lots of those active, but now I'm getting also error notifications when trying to disable them on the warehouse app.

pycage
2014-01-31, 17:36
The update seems to have purged my Tidings URLs.
Did it wipe all apps configuration?

Edit: yes, ALL store apps settings are gone. No more TODOs, no more passwords in Safe, etc.

Morpog
2014-01-31, 17:42
pycage, localstorage path was changed:

<phaeron> Nicd-: libsailfishapp has changed the localstorage path
<Aard> thp: ^^ can you explain? :)
<Nicd-> phaeron: why did the update not move all the localstorages to the new path then?
<Sail0r> where is the new path?
<thp> yeah, libsailfishapp changed the localstorage path
<thp> this fixes a problem with local storage for different apps
<Yaniel> Hm I don't think I have any significiant settings changes
<Frye> Ok, but the previous settings are still there? Just on a old path?
<thp> apps must either move the files manually or manually set organization name / application name for migrating from old path
<thp> if apps have set their application name / organization name manually, they're not affected
<thp> the change in libsailfishapp is here; https://github.com/sailfish-sdk/libsailfishapp/commit/3febb7a2204cf13f01ab9e9ff86a84afc9b137d7

Silwer
2014-01-31, 18:01
After update original browser lost all login creditentials. Webcat browser lost also all bookmarks. Original browser closing and peaking gestures move along with browser rotation. In all other apps they do not. I do not like that swipe gestures orientation is not constant.

Also, after update sd card is not recognized anymore.

Edited:
Seems that keyboard has lost also all learned words.

b.cloanta
2014-01-31, 18:11
I have no problem with the sd card after update

benny1967
2014-01-31, 18:13
pycage, localstorage path was changed:

<phaeron> Nicd-: libsailfishapp has changed the localstorage path
<Aard> thp: ^^ can you explain? :)
<Nicd-> phaeron: why did the update not move all the localstorages to the new path then?
<Sail0r> where is the new path?
<thp> yeah, libsailfishapp changed the localstorage path
<thp> this fixes a problem with local storage for different apps
<Yaniel> Hm I don't think I have any significiant settings changes
<Frye> Ok, but the previous settings are still there? Just on a old path?
<thp> apps must either move the files manually or manually set organization name / application name for migrating from old path
<thp> if apps have set their application name / organization name manually, they're not affected
<thp> the change in libsailfishapp is here; https://github.com/sailfish-sdk/libsailfishapp/commit/3febb7a2204cf13f01ab9e9ff86a84afc9b137d7

This is more than just annoying. It's not something that affects developers, it actually deletes user data - well, kind of. At least they're no longer visible.
Is there anything a user can do to get the data back? Like move the contents from $OLDDIR to $NEWDIR or something like that?

gsalone
2014-01-31, 18:19
The update seems to have purged my Tidings URLs.
Did it wipe all apps configuration?

Edit: yes, ALL store apps settings are gone. No more TODOs, no more passwords in Safe, etc.

Are the f***** serious?????
So all over again setting apps, passwords, etc????

What's wrong with you Jolla??????? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

TMavica
2014-01-31, 18:21
I upgraded from 1.005, have a clean device

Dave999
2014-01-31, 18:25

Don't upgrade now!

http://www.troll.me/images/oh-lawd/whats-going-on-this-serv.jpg

I think I pass and wait for next update (or wait for a solution/confirmation of what is going on).

pycage
2014-01-31, 18:27
Also, after update sd card is not recognized anymore.

Reboot to make SD card recognized by Media and Gallery. This is nothing new. Happens sometimes when booting.
Or pull and re-insert the SD card. This helps as well.

gsalone
2014-01-31, 18:27
Don't upgrade now!

I think I pass and wait for next update (or wait for a solution/confirmation of what is going on).

too late :(

Eztran
2014-01-31, 18:35
You can still restore your settings by moving them to the new location, as you'd expect.

https://together.jolla.com/question/21842/can-i-restore-lost-settings-after-update-1038/

Rauha
2014-01-31, 19:07
Still no luck updating, getting store error messages, altough I'm able to donwload and update apps from the store.

Sad panda.

pycage
2014-01-31, 19:16
Still no luck updating, getting store error messages, altough I'm able to donwload and update apps from the store.

Sad panda.

Run pkmon while the store gives the error message. Maybe this tells more about why it can't download. It's probably a package conflict.

matimilko
2014-01-31, 19:33
Now.
in 15 minutes.
Smooth.

:)

coderus
2014-01-31, 19:37
@Dave999 you always so funny :)

bockersjv
2014-01-31, 19:43
2 hours in and start camera app. Phone crashed and now in reboot loop with no response from power key. Had to pull battery and now phone is a brick.
Not happy. Battery was over 70% at the time.

Rauha
2014-01-31, 19:44
Run pkmon while the store gives the error message. Maybe this tells more about why it can't download. It's probably a package conflict.

Just one transfer that goes quickly through and ends. Nothing else. I disabled all Warehouse/Openrepo stuff, rebooted etc.

I think I'll give up and do my first factory reset. Just about only the data I would mind losing are the phone numbers. Anybody know a way to get phone numbers from the People app to SIM card? Or does the phone store numbers on SIM anyway?

EDIT:

Ok. Maybe I'll just stay with Maadanjärvi anyway and forget the update for now. Considering all the FUBAR people are reporting.

Silwer
2014-01-31, 20:01
Seems like a wise thing to do. There are not so many useful improvements over previous version.

pycage
2014-01-31, 20:02
Just one transfer that goes quickly through and ends. Nothing else. I disabled all Warehouse/Openrepo stuff, rebooted etc.

The output of "journalctl -fa" as root while downloading might be helpful, too.

xkkkx
2014-01-31, 20:40
just updated successfully - first try :) browser working nicely in landscape :D

mikecomputing
2014-01-31, 20:56

Cool down a bit and read this (from the mailing list):

yes, default path was changed. you might need to set your own
applicationName, organizationName. good written apps wasnt affected by
update
https://github.com/sailfish-sdk/libsailfishapp/commit/3febb7a2204cf13f01ab9e9ff86a84afc9b137d7

mikecomputing
2014-01-31, 21:02
2 hours in and start camera app. Phone crashed and now in reboot loop with no response from power key. Had to pull battery and now phone is a brick.
Not happy. Battery was over 70% at the time.

WTF exacly that happened to me yesterday now that was BEFORE upgrade :O

Started camera appo took a photo BOOM phone died and started to reboot.

Now what apps did you have installed from openrepos.net Now I start thik there is an app in openrepoos.net that ****s up the phones?

Yes may sound stupid but you are the third person with bricked phones in just a few days see reboot jolla thread

Rauha
2014-01-31, 21:20
The output of "journalctl -fa" as root while downloading might be helpful, too.

Really lots of thanks for your help in this thread Pycage! Truly appreciated.

But I'm afraid that I'm wrong kind of geek to continue. I'll just try factory reset tomorrow.

bockersjv
2014-01-31, 21:25
WTF exacly that happened to me yesterday now that was BEFORE upgrade :O

Started camera appo took a photo BOOM phone died and started to reboot.

Now what apps did you have installed from openrepos.net Now I start thik there is an app in openrepoos.net that ****s up the phones?

Yes may sound stupid but you are the third person with bricked phones in just a few days see reboot jolla thread
Fixed it myself after reading a lot of useful stuff on jolla care.

https://together.jolla.com/question/22025/jolla-in-boot-loop-hours-after-upgrade-to-1038/
you may need to install a few bits for Windows too.

mikecomputing
2014-01-31, 21:55
Fixed it myself after reading a lot of useful stuff on jolla care.

https://together.jolla.com/question/22025/jolla-in-boot-loop-hours-after-upgrade-to-1038/
you may need to install a few bits for Windows too.

I dont have winblows. But recovery boots fine in linux wihout ndis.

Only problem is if this happened today after upgrade, instead of yesterday, I may have got chance recover. Thing is I dont have that btrfs recovery option and thats what I need because partition seems totally broken. The recovery can't mount dooh.

Ironic that is...

Just wait for care to answer and give me info where to send...

back to my N9 for now

xkkkx
2014-01-31, 22:54
no crash/reboot or any other issues after starting camera/taking pic, the only problem so far was deleted content of "TODO", calendar syncing is as bad as before...

Larswad
2014-01-31, 23:31
Really guys? No problems whatsoever. Jolla's done their work as far as I can see.
The upgrade procedure scared me a little, but after second attempt it booted fine. All seems to work, and believe me I had quite few applications.

Please, be fair to Jolla. They try their best to do their job keeping our device in best shape.

droll
2014-01-31, 23:40
loving the upgrade so far. calendar with locatiob is a huge improvement for me. love landscape browser (how it shows url at the bottom).

but most of all, i love the excitement of getting frequent updates. each one is like a little gift which i open eagerly wondering what's inside!

Rauha
2014-01-31, 23:52
Please, be fair to Jolla. They try their best to do their job keeping our device in best shape.
I haven't seen lot complaining about Jolla in this thread. Hardly any in fact. Just the usual irrelevant Dave999 crap and one bitchy post. If anything, I would argue just the opposite. Let's give Jolla at at least some responsibility. Doings one's best isn't always enough, especially when one is actually in a commericial business.

Then again I'm just a depressive finnjävla idiot. I'll drink some more kossu and try to resolve my update problems, while being mind numblingy drunk. It's all good overall and most likely caused by all the hacking I've done (100% responsibility for forgetting that I'm a DNA hacker instead of computer hacker).

Zoxir
2014-02-01, 02:09
Worked for me and my brother after a few tries no issues for now.

youmeego
2014-02-01, 03:05
have to wait for sip integration:(

sip low cost/free calls
sip to sip totally free calls
sip low cost sms

to make me switch from skype!

nieldk
2014-02-01, 06:55
have to test the apparently new recovery options.
And yes, so far no complaints. Iam happy it seems Jolla have been listening, eg - an option to unlock the BL sounds fair implemented.

droll
2014-02-01, 09:28
what is the part about android having access to sms for? meaning android vm can watch for incoming sms events? android vm can access the sms folders? android apps in the vm can send sms?

Silwer
2014-02-01, 10:34
Reboot to make SD card recognized by Media and Gallery. This is nothing new. Happens sometimes when booting.
Or pull and re-insert the SD card. This helps as well.

Does not work. Tried rebooting several times. Also tried to take re-inserting SD card.

strongm
2014-02-01, 11:29
Looks like the update has knocked out automatic notifications for a lot of people (including me). Several threads on together.jolla.com about it.

francesco VE
2014-02-01, 11:31
guis, after update to 1.0.3.8 of jolla i continue to obtien notification of new update after every reeboot.....first time it as slow.....it need of about 10-15 minutes for daownload and install it.... second times, it need of only 4 mintes to do it and now......i've got notification of update agian.....is it happen to you?

strongm
2014-02-01, 12:04
guis, after update to 1.0.3.8 of jolla i continue to obtien notification of new update after every reeboot.....first time it as slow.....it need of about 10-15 minutes for daownload and install it.... second times, it need of only 4 mintes to do it and now......i've got notification of update agian.....is it happen to you?

Happened with the previous update as well. They clearly have not fixed this bug yet ... still for those of for whom notifications seems to have stopped working altogether in the wake of the update this is no longer an issue ;)

gordon_pcb_designer
2014-02-01, 12:11
I've installed the update yesterday night.
Due the high unreliability in WIFI connection ( still don't understand if this is a problem conceirning my specific device or if it's realted to some Jolla issue instead) i've spend more then 3 hours to do it:
3 times i've to wait install and restart of the phone, but each time after all that in "info device" there was the old SW version.. other 10 or 12 times dowloading self stopped, and manually restarted ..
Now everything seems works, except that seems to me battery consumption is much higher compared to last days.

Silwer
2014-02-01, 12:38
Does not work. Tried rebooting several times. Also tried to take re-inserting SD card.

Seems that my 1 month old sd card is dead... :(
https://together.jolla.com/question/22423/sd-card-does-not-work-after-1038-update/

Dave999
2014-02-01, 13:01
I haven't seen lot complaining about Jolla in this thread. Hardly any in fact. Just the usual irrelevant Dave999 crap and one bitchy post. If anything, I would argue just the opposite. Let's give Jolla at at least some responsibility. Doings one's best isn't always enough, especially when one is actually in a commericial business.

Then again I'm just a depressive finnjävla idiot. I'll drink some more kossu and try to resolve my update problems, while being mind numblingy drunk. It's all good overall and most likely caused by all the hacking I've done (100% responsibility for forgetting that I'm a DNA hacker instead of computer hacker).

It's not irrelevent since there are some issues reported. I just said I'm waiting to see whats going on before I update since I don't really need the update. You should be carefull since jolla is a Beta phone, the updates are Beta too. Just saying.

Anyway. It's always nice to see updates!

droll
2014-02-01, 13:05
i found my own answer. android apps can send SMSes. it will launch the sailfish messaging app. from what i read, user still needs to give permission to the app to send the message (similar to android apps trying to make phone calls).

croccopiove
2014-02-01, 15:23
just installed. Took me 15min. No problems at all. Everything at his place.

mariusmssj
2014-02-01, 15:55
Think I pressed the power button during the update process, it's been 10 minutes now and the phone hasn't come on. what to do?

Just used the power button to turn in on. It says that it's got the new version.

How to enable landscape mode?

XiliX
2014-02-01, 16:36
i have done shut down my jolla too early aswell. by then my said it was up to date, but than notified me a update was available again. Updated a second time, (leaving the jolla untouched for 30 minutes or so) and all was fine. Now using it for a day, and not experiencing any issues. :)

mariusmssj
2014-02-01, 16:40
So with the nfc bug fixed anyone noticed a change in battery?

JulmaHerra
2014-02-01, 17:32
Disconnected the charger this morning at 9 am. Currently my battery has 57% left. I have been playing clash of clans, some surfing and tinkering around. Mostly wlan, but also an hour in 3G. One reboot. So, not that bad IMO.

dommau
2014-02-01, 19:22
I had fixed the OH bug with some tin foil, but battery feels even better after the upgrade. haven't used mine too much (few calls, texts, the usual without extensively playing around with it) today and was on wlan mostly - still 88%

I am still very impressed by battery runtime.

tissot
2014-02-01, 19:28
So with the nfc bug fixed anyone noticed a change in battery?

Oh absolutely.
My Jolla would never last for a day previously. Was last charged when the update came (around 24 hours ago) and I have 77% of my battery left.

Tujutzki
2014-02-02, 19:02
No one seems to have noticed this change: If I am using an app and the screen goes dark, I can double tap the screen right after it and the screen hasn´t gone to the lock screen but shows the app I was using. I really, really like this. =)

mariusmssj
2014-02-02, 19:07
No one seems to have noticed this change: If I am using an app and the screen goes dark, I can double tap the screen right after it and the screen hasn´t gone to the lock screen but shows the app I was using. I really, really like this. =)

Oh yeah I noticed that as well, really welcome change. Feels weird though need to get used to it.

thp
2014-02-03, 09:48
(long post ahead)

For those affected by the libsailfishapp storage location change, some explanations (this might be helpful for developers to fix their apps and/or for users to better understand why the breakage happened):

First, the commit that changed default behavior is 3febb7a22 (https://github.com/sailfish-sdk/libsailfishapp/commit/3febb7a2204cf13f01ab9e9ff86a84afc9b137d7) in libsailfishapp.

What this does is set the application name and organization name (and organization domain). For developers that set the application name and organization name manually, this change didn't affect anything. Previously, in most cases, the application name was set to "$APPNAME" (harbour-...) and the organization name was empty. After the change, both organization name and application name are set to $APPNAME (harbour-...).

Now, we want to align with Desktop Linux and upstream Qt API as much as possible where it makes sense - this eases the porting effort required for cross-platform developers. For Desktop Linux alignment, the XDG Base Directory Specification (http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html) is the way to go. For upstream Qt API, the relevant APIs are QStandardPaths (https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.1/qtcore/qstandardpaths.html), QSettings (http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.1/qtcore/qsettings.html) and Qt Quick Local Storage (http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtquick/qmlmodule-qtquick-localstorage2-qtquick-localstorage-2.html).

QStandardPaths: It's already XDG-conformant, and also appends organization and application name (https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtbase/source/64d95e3df27c4e859b2b7e88aac0640bc5c2ddd9:src/corelib/io/qstandardpaths_unix.cpp#L59-91) to the path. Organization name only when non-empty.

QSettings: It also uses XDG, and uses both the organization name and the application name (QSettings implementation (https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtbase/source/64d95e3df27c4e859b2b7e88aac0640bc5c2ddd9:src/corelib/io/qsettings.cpp)).

QtQuick Local Storage: This uses QQmlEngine::offlineStoragePath() that uses QStandardPaths::DataLocation + "QML" + OfflineStorage" (https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtdeclarative/source/7c1e3dea8ba66f9eedee4f3d66dba55d7f7556b8:src/qml/qml/qqmlengine.cpp#L2011).

Because Qt has this notion of "organization" and "application", and because application developers that develop cross-platform application and might have a good reason to use "setApplicationName()" to set the name of their application to something not equal to $APPNAME (harbour-...), it was decided to use the organization name facility of Qt to place all files into $APPNAME (harbour-...) below the configuration directories (as is required by Harbour rules). When the developer doesn't set the application name manually, it will default to $APPNAME (harbour-...) - as has already been the case before. Also, this is important for pure QML (without C++ code, i.e. using "sailfish-qml" launcher) applications that are boosted, as otherwise files might end up in some strange mapplauncherd/booster directory, which isn't at all what you would expect (the directory name would be random at every invocation).

How do I fix my application to use the right path? For a quick fix if you want your users to continue using your app, you can set the organization name to the empty string, which makes the behavior just like before the update. Please note that if you are using any Qt-based third party libraries, you might have to make sure they are calculating their paths correctly. If you make this change, please note that users might have installed your application after updating to 1.0.3.8, so add some additional code to move files from the new (with organization name set) path to the old one. Alternatively, you can move files from the old path to the new path on application startup if the old path exists and the new path doesn't.
How do I (as a user) make sure old application data is accessible to the application after the update? The easiest way is probably to create a symlink named "$APPNAME" pointing to "." in ~/.config/$APPNAME, e.g. "ln -sf . ~/.config/$APPNAME/$APPNAME" - this will work with both the old and the new system.
Why can't we just hardcode /home/nemo/.config/MyCoolApp and be done with it? In the future, there might be multiple users, you might have a per-TOH profile (so you can e.g. have your RSS reader show different content depending whether you have the work TOH or the party TOH on) and there might be additional sandboxing measures (so app A can't access app B's users data without app B allowing that). Also, making sure that these paths are predictable (=the system can derive from the $APPNAME the storage location of data/config/cache files) will make sure that your application data can be backed up and restored by the backup application, and that the user will at one point be able to see per-app disk usage. These are just ideas, and obviously not implemented yet, but making developers aware that they should use XDG properly and not depend on some assumptions will make new platform features easier down the road for which the application developers will not have to add Sailfish-specific code (e.g. backup app integration, clearing data on package uninstall, etc..).

Too bad this caused breakage for some users and some apps, but hopefully the apps will be fixed. In general, I think it's better to cause minor breakage in the beta phase of the OS to make sure the architecture is better down the road (and enables nice features like some of the ideas mentioned above) than to either carry along bad design decisions and/or spend time (not only implementing, but also testing all the available Harbour apps [on both the old version and then the new version] - while still missing apps that are widely used but not available on Harbour) on adding special-casing code for applications that haven't set their data paths manually.

There shouldn't be any other breakage in this area in the upcoming updates, and such breakages should definitely not happen anymore once the beta phase is over.

m4r0v3r
2014-02-03, 10:20
so the reboot loops seem and issue with btrfs, even if you can't use a recovery option, can't it be repaired by mounting on a linux box and attempting with fix with a disk utility?

NokiaFanatic
2014-02-03, 10:28
Thank you for the explanation thp, my only quibble with the update is that Jolla should have put some sort of disclaimer on the update saying that it may possibly cause an issue.

andreas1
2014-02-03, 10:54
Thank you for the explanation thp, my only quibble with the update is that Jolla should have put some sort of disclaimer on the update saying that it may possibly cause an issue.

True, this way is not good.

some thoughts on update 1.0.3.8, Naamankajärvi
- Pinch to zoom support in Camera viewfinder
# not really usable feature
- Clearly distinguish Android apps from native apps in Store
# not this way, maybe a better fix would have been with sorting
- Fixes "account needs update" messages displayed for still-authenticated accounts
# if this relates to google accounts asking to sign in, not fixed at all, still happens.
- the change in displaying notifications
# This is so weird. From what I undersood, apps have to define whether they want to have notification on locksreen and andro-apps not having that possibility at all. Why to weaken the use of andro-side :| Realtime-notifications-easily-on-sight-and-access = one of the most important features imo.
-"Losing" the UserData
# yeah , "poweruser" restores easily...
+
- this update still didnt fix the gallery bug with images (taken before latest updates) not showing properly in gallery. Well, so minor thing, never will be fixed officially - cos easy to fix by urself.

Good things are the battery usage and increasing landscape-orientation existence.

thp
2014-02-03, 12:19
my only quibble with the update is that Jolla should have put some sort of disclaimer on the update saying that it may possibly cause an issue.

Yes, a mention in the release notes would have been good. I'll make sure that if we have a similar libsailfishapp change in the future, it will be mentioned in the release notes (and ideally we don't cause breakage at all...). Thanks for the feedback!