PDA

View Full Version : Robin Burchell is leaving Jolla

Fellfrosch
2014-08-14, 06:44
Just read on Planet KDE (http://blog.rburchell.com/2014/08/sailing-in-search-of-fresh-waters.html), that Robin Burchell is leaving Jolla :eek:. Find that quite sad, he often contributed to this forum.

Dave999
2014-08-14, 08:00
The question is why he is leaving. It might not be sad story at all.

And when you think of it. Maybe he can share some more info now when he free from the Jsect. Hope he stays here and share some light about the dark organization.

Fellfrosch
2014-08-14, 08:33
The why would be in deed interesting. But without any information it's quite useless to speculate.

The sad part for me is, that he was contibuting to this forum, giving answers and statements. And I don't think he is allowed to give more information after leaving Jolla.

And even if he is allowed to, I don't think he will do. Talking about internals of the company you left, isn't a good application for your next job. :rolleyes:

w00t
2014-08-14, 13:05
Even if I won't be working there any longer (or at least for now - who can tell what the future holds) - I still have a Jolla to call my own, and many roots in the devices & operating systems at the center of this community.

So no, I don't think I'll be vanishing from here all of a sudden. Maybe over time, maybe not. I'll still be happy to try - as much as I can - to spread my knowledge and help those who I can, as any good person would.

As for my leaving, I thought I had made it fairly clear, but perhaps not - that it was just time for change. It's been a few years now, and I've loved it, but eventually change has to come, even if just for a while. Our experiences are what define us as people, and so I think that to grow as people, change is a healthy thing.

Dave999
2014-08-14, 13:46
What? No hidden agendas? No prototype stolen? No document to leak?

I wiched you were more like king edward Snowden...

woot. You are a good dude to have here. Feel free to stick around.

GL to what ever you do!

atleast give us a sneak peak. Who was.most drunk on jollas party? ;)

Makeclick
2014-08-14, 13:55
So, who will make your job now? Someone good? :/ Hope you do not leave us :/

juiceme
2014-08-14, 15:36
As for my leaving, I thought I had made it fairly clear, but perhaps not - that it was just time for change. It's been a few years now, and I've loved it, but eventually change has to come, even if just for a while. Our experiences are what define us as people, and so I think that to grow as people, change is a healthy thing.

That is a healthy and bold view, as people tend to get stuck in stuff that feels familiar and never get forward in their careers... (this coming from somebody who has been stuck that way the last 21 years :D)

MSameer
2014-08-14, 16:23
That is a healthy and bold view, as people tend to get stuck in stuff that feels familiar and never get forward in their careers... (this coming from somebody who has been stuck that way the last 21 years :D)
Oh! Enough of maemo/harmattan/meego/nemo/sailfish. Guess i should consider moving to android or windoze. Or even leave the mobile industry :'(

Ok. I know it's offtopic but could not resist posting :)

EDIT:THIS IS A LAME JOKE

nieldk
2014-08-14, 16:59
Oh! Enough of maemo/harmattan/meego/nemo/sailfish. Guess i should consider moving to android or windoze. Or even leave the mobile industry :'(

perhaps not so far away in the Galaxy ..,,

Dave999
2014-08-14, 17:09

I think Windows or android could be good for you. So Why not?

Makeclick
2014-08-14, 17:48
Guess i should consider moving to android or windoze.

No way!!!! You are not going anywhere, damn you!:mad:

w00t
2014-08-14, 19:10
So, who will make your job now? Someone good? :/ Hope you do not leave us :/

I don't know, yet. If you know anyone looking for someone like me, send them my way :-)

I intend to take (most of) the next week or two off, while considering my options a bit.

w00t
2014-08-14, 19:11
atleast give us a sneak peak. Who was.most drunk on jollas party? ;)

Hmm..

I can't really answer the "who was the most" part, but I can tell you that I most certainly was quite intoxicated on the launch party night (by myself, unfortunately, I wasn't with the rest of the folks in Finland) :-)

MartinK
2014-08-14, 19:51

No no no, that's not nearly radical enough! Becoming a lumberjack/glider pilot/landscape architect/comic book artist/rocket scientist - that's change! Not just switching to a different area or quitting something. :D

MartinK
2014-08-14, 19:55
I don't know, yet. If you know anyone looking for someone like me, send them my way :-)

I've heard some company called Jolla is looking for an interaction engineer (https://twitter.com/maaniitty/status/498794893075296256): :)
Interaction designer position open at Jolla (Tampere). #jolla #design #Tampere http://jolla.com/jobs/

Dave999
2014-08-14, 20:10
Hmm..

I can't really answer the "who was the most" part, but I can tell you that I most certainly was quite intoxicated on the launch party night (by myself, unfortunately, I wasn't with the rest of the folks in Finland) :-)

At least dont forget to work out during your weeks off. That Will make sure tou come to the right decision. Just bring your skies and follow petter northug or whatever gets your blood pumping in norway.

Also, eat a mix of healthy food.

juiceme
2014-08-15, 09:32
No no no, that's not nearly radical enough! Becoming a lumberjack/glider pilot/landscape architect/comic book artist/rocket scientist - that's change! Not just switching to a different area or quitting something. :D

Well, some years back I did apply for astronaut training for ESA but was not accepted due to eyesight limitation...
I did have the suitable backgroung, though; sci+eng+diving experience and got halfway thru the application process :)