PDA

View Full Version : jolla tab & tab cover subsection?

dirkvl
2014-11-22, 12:01
in the highly unlikely event people want to talk about it (or some idiot decides to make accessories)

youmeego
2014-11-22, 12:14
I need back case and screen protector for Jolla tablet

dirkvl
2014-11-22, 12:21
I need back case and screen protector for Jolla tablet

you dont even have one.

Dave999
2014-11-22, 13:32
I need a Slider keyboard to my jPhone ll. I would also like to discuss different aspects of it. Like release data, price and so forth.

Will we have a R2-DTOHKBD for jPad?

https://gigaom2.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/asus-eee-pad-slider-keyboard.jpeg

coderus
2014-11-22, 13:38
@Dave999 kill yourself please with "jPhone" "jTab". I hate you.

Dave999
2014-11-22, 13:46

It's fair. You are entailed that opinion. But...Then you take life a bit too less serious and should immediately step down from your high horse. If you can't handle a small "issue" like this. Life must be hell for you. Simply add me to ignore list if your brain can't handle it...I feel bad for you. Please behave...jTab..thats a good one, never heard that before Thx :D

Coderus, Anything else to add to the thread subject?

Like...is it even possible to build a real TOH for it? whats connection between back cover and hw, what magnet to use? Do we have the blueprint?

coderus
2014-11-22, 14:02
afaik no specifications are posted yet. but imho it won't have any i2c or other possibility for other halves.

dirkvl
2014-11-22, 14:11
afaik no specifications are posted yet. but imho it won't have any i2c or other possibility for other halves.

well... let us -just for fun- imagine (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOa59k36d7o) there will be. then it would be good to have dedicated subsection?

even if it haz bluetooth a lot is possible.

coderus
2014-11-22, 14:43
if you asking me - i like subsections :)

Dave999
2014-11-22, 15:01
nothing wrong with another sub. I'm all for sub's. But I love speculations even more. Someone made this cool image.

http://www.jollatides.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/9tabletconcept.jpg

1. when phone is connected it must be possible to use phone 3G connection.
2. should be possible connect phone so it is possible to use phone as a kick-stand.

I'm only 15 min in the "imaaggineneation" video. anyone seen the whole thing?

Morpog
2014-11-22, 15:30
Yep, a second sub in Jolla device category would be great

Dave999
2014-11-22, 16:22
At the same time. If we dont' have any action in this thread. Why do we need a sub? :D

dirkvl
2014-11-22, 17:42
Why do we need a sub? :D

Because you need a place for a countdown thread (counting down to whatever you prefer) and I need a place for a tab-cover-ideas-and-suggestions thread.

Or do we just start making threads and then wait for mods to split into subs?

Dave999
2014-11-22, 20:17
Because you need a place for a countdown thread (counting down to whatever you prefer) and I need a place for a tab-cover-ideas-and-suggestions thread.

Or do we just start making threads and then wait for mods to split into subs?

Just start the threads you like, need or want.

With great powers comes great resposibility.

cvp
2014-11-22, 20:50

100% agree!

Dave999
2014-11-22, 20:57
Whats so bad about it?

Dave999
2014-11-22, 21:40
Let me refrase. Why do you care what other people call their cars, their phones, bikes, comps? Is that something you think you should hate people for?

I think we have more exiting stuff to discuss. But that is just me.

coderus
2014-11-22, 21:53
i dont care when you creating nicknames for your cars d999, but i care when you doing it on public.

Dave999
2014-11-22, 22:16
Then we simply have slightly different views on the matter. Fanboy in play here? I think you make an issue of nothing, the same as I do.

A famous example is the Volkswagen Type 1, or informally the Volkswagen Bug. It ended up being called the Beatle and later also release under that name.

Also there is another company called jolla. Creating chocolate and ice cream, I beleive. Now do you hate jolla for taking their name in public?

Never call arsenal... The gunners. A team should be named arsenal in all news papers and forums. Strange? yes, I think so...

Never say "Coke" in public. Itīs Coca Cola...I mean. Seriously?

Many people call elop lots of things. You hate them for that?

Don't hate me if jolla release a phone called jPll . history might repeat it self. ;).

I think we need a specific thread about jollas naming instead of tab cover sub from the reaction in this thread.

rcolistete
2014-11-22, 22:38
Please, no hate*, folks.

(*) : except for Stephen Elop killing MeeGo Harmattan (with 3-4 more devices), Meltemi, Symbian, etc. :p

coderus
2014-11-22, 22:44
Seems you dont understand basics: only your person in this forum calling Jolla Phone as jPhone, and calling Jolla Tablet as jPad. You Know we're hating it, but you still dont understand it.

Tigerroast
2014-11-22, 23:05

Damn, dude. Is it that serious? Actually, don't answer that question.

If you really care that much about what other people name something (even though you know exactly what they're talking about), then I feel that you really need to power down and relax. You don't have to like what he calls it; that's his decision and you should respect that.

Do I like the name "jPhone?" No. You don't see me telling people to kill themselves over it though. :(

Dave999
2014-11-23, 11:21
Seems you dont understand basics: only your person in this forum calling Jolla Phone as jPhone, and calling Jolla Tablet as jPad. You Know we're hating it, but you still dont understand it.

I have seen other people using it both here and in other forums, but that is irrelevant. I understand it what you are saying because you are saying it over and over again. But I'm trying to figure out why? Is it your way or no other way accepted? Is that it?

coderus
2014-11-23, 11:24
you think it's a common nickname, but it only have anticipation feelings when someone write jPhone and jTab

Dave999
2014-11-23, 11:34
So people automatically going to compare it with iPhone? And you don't think Jolla can handle that?

aQUICK1
2014-11-23, 12:43
Peace! Live and let live!;)

Dave999
2014-11-23, 13:00
Peace! Live and let live!;)

Peace is good. Anticipation is good. Life is good!

Everything above drive sales. So it's a win, win, win situation for us and for jolla.

Add to that yet another sub and we are ready for the next phone from jolla called...

pichlo
2014-11-23, 13:14
Regarding "what's so bad about it"... Some people may not mind if someone in their presence slurps or eats noisily. In some Eastern cultures it's even considered a compliment, indicating that the person enjoys the food. On the other hand, many people find it revolting. It may not seem like a big deal to you but good manners dictate that if someone objects to it, you should at least try to do something about it.

Another point, most people have internal barriers to voicing their objections against something. If they eventually overcome those barriers, it means they have been suffering for some time and are really annoyed.

Could you please put those two things together? You have been asked many times to drop that silly and, frankly, annoying nicknames for Jolla products. No one cares what you call your toys, but shoving your silly creations into everyone's face can get rather old.

Dave999
2014-11-23, 14:05
Regarding "what's so bad about it"... Some people may not mind if someone in their presence slurps or eats noisily. In some Eastern cultures it's even considered a compliment, indicating that the person enjoys the food. On the other hand, many people find it revolting. It may not seem like a big deal to you but good manners dictate that if someone objects to it, you should at least try to do something about it.

Cant argue with that

Another point, most people have internal barriers to voicing their objections against something. If they eventually overcome those barriers, it means they have been suffering for some time and are really annoyed.

Cant argue with that.

Could you please put those two things together? You have been asked many times to drop that silly and, frankly, annoying nicknames for Jolla products. No one cares what you call your toys, but shoving your silly creations into everyone's face can get rather old.

ohh...come on! Grow up :)

uPhone
jPhone
iPhone

It makes it so simple. Yet so brilliant. Hope jolla coming up with a cool name for their next device.

This is my last comment here in this thread. Like funny subjects, but this is getting too funny for my taste :D see you in another thread.

Edit: Lets move here if you manged to reached this line:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94205

Tigerroast
2014-11-23, 15:43
I'm gonna drop an extra $.02 in this bucket and that'll be all. There's many things that separates humans from the rest of the animals. Of all those things, manners isn't one of them.

It may not seem like a big deal to you but good manners dictate that if someone objects to it, you should at least try to do something about it.

If that someone is willing to tell someone to "kill yourself" over something as petty as a personal moniker (or even eating loudly), then perhaps said person should get over theirself. Since when has giving something a nickname equated to bad manners? Since others don't like it?

Too bad. If others don't like it, then more power to them. It's 100% their desicion to not like it, and I respect that. They shouldn't make something like a nickname a bloody controversy. If someone's burpin'-&-slurpin' at my dinner table, I'm not gonna get up and smack the taste out their mouth. That's petty as hell.

Perhaps I should start telling people at gatherings to keep their thumbs out of their pockets. Or tell people to stop calling the NES a "Nintendo."Because, you know, manners.

dirkvl
2014-11-23, 16:04
how do you delete a thread?

aQUICK1
2014-11-23, 16:24
how do you delete a thread?

Curious also about it also.;)

chemist
2014-12-03, 10:30
You ask a moderator.

dirkvl
2014-12-03, 10:34
You ask a moderator.

Dear moderator,

The original issue/question of this thread has been resolved. Additionally, the rest of the thread is filled with off-topic bickering.

I have come to the conclusion these two facts renders this thread useless and I suggest freeing up some space on the servers by removing it.

Sincerely,

Dirk