PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Jolla

bockersjv
2014-11-26, 23:09
This time last year I was stupidly excited and ready for an early morning trip to Helsinki.

Had a great day and Helsinki was fantastic as were the Finnish people I met. Was a mad thing to do but well worth it.

I hope this next year brings Jolla more success. I have to admit I was expecting more in the first year. I have an android tablet that I expected would have a Sailfish emulator on it by now. I have a Jolla phone with pitifully few native Sailfish apps. Those that are there are great but they rely on donations rather than a shop.

Lets hope that the tablet brings more investment and I am looking forward to OS v2.0.

I want Jolla to succeed, as do loads of us. So use your Loyal customers Jolla!

All the best for year 2 and 2015.

juiceme
2014-11-26, 23:51
Did not really even notice that an year had passed again... It was indeed nice to be in the queue @narinkkatori.
I still am happy with my Jolla device, and waiting for the tablet now :D

pycage
2014-11-27, 20:45
Happy 1st Birthday, Jolla Phone!

I was one of these few crazy foreigners who travelled to Finland just for the Launch event, and was #289 in the queue at Narinkkatori last year. The food in the tent was awful, but otherwise, it was a great evening! :D

It was an exciting year since then with lots of OS updates and IMHO the phone is working great by now.
All the best for year 2 of the Jolla Phone!

Dave999
2014-11-27, 20:49
What kind of food did they serve.... Mema? No schnitzel?

pycage
2014-11-27, 21:00
What kind of food did they serve.... Mema? No schnitzel?

Looks better than it tastes...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kplps9g4j7qx7uh/13110070.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyhpgv0lyuugglb/13110083.jpg?dl=0

This is much better :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmwskluf06lkr6q/13110109.jpg?dl=0

And this, too

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zby8g2szgr6coeo/13110170.jpg?dl=0

jolla-pirate
2014-11-27, 21:13
Congratulations but I really hope it gets's better couse it it really doesn't compete with any other phone right now!
The main app on every smartphone right now is whattsapp and that really sucks right now while Mitakulluu doesn't work as it shoulds!
Work on that please!
But, this is my phone for the last year right now and I love it!

szopin
2014-11-27, 21:37
whats a whats app?

MINKIN2
2014-11-27, 21:55
Congrats Jolla!

Now please tell Fedex to give me my phone. It was shipped from Finland on the 25th, landed in Paris the same day, stayed there for 2.5days (my house in the UK is a 6hr train ride to paris) and the then made its way to Koln DE. Why is it going backwards?

I want to celebrate with you jolla. Please don't use these for the tabet :)

szopin
2014-11-27, 21:59
Congrats Jolla!

Now please tell Fedex to give me my phone. It was shipped from Finland on the 25th, landed in Paris the same day, stayed there for 2.5days (my house in the UK is a 6hr train ride to paris) and the then made its way to Koln DE. Why is it going backwards?

Triangulation, not sure if jolla's but one guy tracked his package from 50km of his location to china and back again, Koln = lucky

Happy birthday!

pichlo
2014-11-27, 22:07
whats a whats app?

Skype wannabe. At least according to everyone on this forum. I have never met anyone in real life who has as much as heard about it, let alone used it.

MINKIN2
2014-11-27, 22:17
Triangulation, not sure if jolla's but one guy tracked his package from 50km of his location to china and back again, Koln = lucky

Happy birthday!

Lol, I have read these stories. One guy shipped a package from New Zealand to South Africa, he expected this to Australia and then SA but instead it went through the Asia's and ended up Kazakhstan before completing its journey. :?

szopin
2014-11-27, 22:21
Lol, I have read these stories. One guy shipped a package from New Zealand to South Africa, he expected this to go the Australia and then SA but instead it went through the Asia's and ended up Kazakhstan before completing its journey. :?

Yeah, cheap flights made algorithms go crazy, but cheaper

salyavin
2014-11-27, 23:30
Yea I've only heard of whatsapp on this forum, never knew anyone in real life that used it or mentioned it. I'd rather have voice support for xmpp (jingle) or integrated tox or if proprietary better google hangout support (voice and video). Grandma uses google hangouts from her android to my wife's android to say hi to the kid. I know people on LINE but don't care about it.

mrsellout
2014-11-27, 23:53
Congrats Jolla!

haha, this post takes me back to a year ago with everyone tracking their phones, and that legendary spreadsheet.

ste-phan
2014-11-28, 08:00
haha, this post takes me back to a year ago with everyone tracking their phones, and that legendary spreadsheet.

The sheet may rise and halt normal life again in May 2015 :)

That will be the real birthday celebration in Jolla (HW release) years. :D

From Vertu with Love
2014-11-29, 12:20
Everyone I know is on WhatsApp, literally. University student in the UK.