PDA

View Full Version : would you like/need 3G in your Jolla Tablet

Dave999
2014-12-12, 07:16
[Note to all] a poll never includes all available options. Poll options are never complete. That's why we have a thread under it. It's merly a thing to get creative discussion or any discussion about something and nothing the reader should cry about. I have seen two polls (this one and the one about memory cards in tablet)this month both have been completely missused by the readers. please don't cry if you can't find and option that fits you. There are 100S out there if you missed that. A poll is never complete.

Option 1: yes
Option 2: no

coderus
2014-12-12, 07:18
Seems you created new thread by mistake, right? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1451654#post1451654

jalyst
2014-12-12, 07:28
^No, his last one was closed, hence he created this one...

Dave, have a chat with fellow users interested in this topic about how to structure the poll, & then create it.
That way it'll be better formulated, not perfect, but certainly much better formulated.

Folks, please think carefully before reporting posts/threads, I don't have time to burn.

I'm not following this thread....

tommo
2014-12-12, 10:00
After seeing some of the polls at crackberry.com I thought daves one was magnificent!

I'm following this thread........ :D

Dave999
2014-12-12, 12:56
My answer in this poll...of polls

Yes. I need it, I want it and I'm ready to pay for it.

Dave999
2014-12-12, 15:40
This poll is so much better... 100% wants/needs 3g. Hope that jolla announce that in their way forward next week. Also. I will add a new poll next week with more options.

tommo
2014-12-12, 15:56
I want it too Dave, I think the next poll will be groundbreaking.... can we get a countdown to the next one? :D

Dave999
2014-12-12, 22:32
I want it too Dave, I think the next poll will be groundbreaking.... can we get a countdown to the next one? :D

Yes. We sure can. The reason I haven't yet created the main poll is simply my fear that whole poll will implode and create a black hole of pure awesomeness.

salyavin
2014-12-13, 01:10
Don't want or need it

gerbick
2014-12-13, 02:02
Why settle for 3G? I think 5G should have been offered.

</sarcasm>

Dave999
2014-12-13, 09:40
Don't want or need it

Do you want other people to have it?

Why settle for 3G? I think 5G should have been offered.

</sarcasm>

ok, will make sure you have that option in the poll.

Dave999
2014-12-14, 07:53
Dave, have a chat with fellow users interested in this topic about how to structure the poll, & then create it.
That way it'll be better formulated, not perfect, but certainly much better formulated.

This thread are doing just that so if you want to contribute to the poll please participate and don't close perfectly working polls :D

If you want I can send all my posts to you before so you can manually spellcheck?

Structure of the poll will be pretty much the same but with two additional options as suggested in this thread.

I bought a tablet and I don't want 3g
Why settle for 3G - I want 5G

pichlo
2014-12-14, 08:46
Dave, your old poll was confusing. There were too many options with barely any difference between some of them. The descriptions were too long and convoluted, not to mention ambiguous. And, as others mentioned, with all the nearly identical options, there were some common options missing altogether.

Do I agree that it should have been closed? Heck no! If we are going to close polls just on the grounds of being pointless, then we should close quite a lot more than just that one.

Dave999
2014-12-14, 09:42
Dave, your old poll was confusing. There were too many options with barely any difference between some of them. The descriptions were too long and convoluted, not to mention ambiguous. And, as others mentioned, with all the nearly identical options, there were some common options missing altogether.

Do I agree that it should have been closed? Heck no! If we are going to close polls just on the grounds of being pointless, then we should close quite a lot more than just that one.

How would you design it?

youmeego
2014-12-14, 10:03
Yes only if it is the same price as jollatablet wifi

Jedibeeftrix
2014-12-15, 14:59
would i like 3G in a tablet? yes.
am i willinjg to pay a premium to get it? no.

which is why i'm curious about getting an experia z ultra; £200 for a compact tablet with 3G (plus decent specs and a waterproof chassis).

but i think an extra 10% is all i'd be willing to pay for the feature in a new tablet.

Dave999
2014-12-15, 15:27
would i like 3G in a tablet? yes.
am i willinjg to pay a premium to get it? no.

which is why i'm curious about getting an experia z ultra; £200 for a compact tablet with 3G (plus decent specs and a waterproof chassis).

but i think an extra 10% is all i'd be willing to pay for the feature in a new tablet.

im having a z ultra if you have question while we are waiting for the poll and jolla to add 3G.

Z ultra is the best fingerprint magnet out there...but it has some pros as well :D

pichlo
2014-12-15, 15:31
How would you design it?

Actually, I take it back. It wasn't that bad. Only one major issue and a few minor ones:

Missing, "I bought the tablet and I do not want 3G."
(Optional) Missing, "I bought the tablet exactly because it has no 3G. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise."
In all cases, it should be "the tablet", not "a tablet."
In all cases, it should be "I didn't buy" or "I haven't bought", not "I didn't bought."
Consider removing options 5, 6 and possibly 7 from your original list. They are not all that different from option 4 (IMO, YMMV).

Morpog
2014-12-15, 17:32
This is how it looks like inside Jolla office after the successful campaign: http://t.co/eRIQuqklAt

Dave999
2014-12-15, 17:43
This is how it looks like inside Jolla office after the successful campaign: http://t.co/eRIQuqklAt

I was on the same party...
http://www.elfyourself.com/?mId=61782603.3

Dave999
2014-12-15, 17:48
Actually, I take it back. It wasn't that bad. Only one major issue and a few minor ones:

Missing, "I bought the tablet and I do not want 3G."
(Optional) Missing, "I bought the tablet exactly because it has no 3G. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise."
In all cases, it should be "the tablet", not "a tablet."
In all cases, it should be "I didn't buy" or "I haven't bought", not "I didn't bought."
Consider removing options 5, 6 and possibly 7 from your original list. They are not all that different from option 4 (IMO, YMMV).

One poll-ala-pichlo-edition coming right up.