VinsAlvins
2015-01-30, 19:27
Hello I'm new here and hope you can help me, anything about maemo
sorry for my bad english :)

Wikiwide
2015-01-31, 00:11
Quick reply...

Ask questions, and we will answer.

Recommended apps? MStarDict for dictionary, Modrana-Navit-Marble for navigation, lanterne for flashlight... Do not remember all. Maybe, my signature gives a hint or two.

Thank you. Best wishes.

VinsAlvins
2015-01-31, 10:29
yes thank you very much..

i want to try SSU program from nokia community but, now the link was delete.. can you help me to get this one?

nokiabot
2015-01-31, 13:08
yes thank you very much..

i want to try SSU program from nokia community but, now the link was delete.. can you help me to get this one?

click the cssu banner at the top of this page follow instructions and thats it
any problems happy to help

Dhicky
2015-01-31, 17:27
I am also indonesian, but now im not using n900, coz it was stolen :(, im using android now but i love n900 more, looking for another n900, hope i could find one soon since its a rare device.

Wikiwide
2015-01-31, 22:07
There is a part of the forum, devoted to Buy&Sell (http://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27).

Good luck.

supergaban
2015-02-01, 02:26
selamat bergabung bro Vinalvin.. :)
kalau mau nyari N900 kemarin ane coba browsing di bukalapak.com dan olx.com masih banyak yg ngejuan kok. happy hunting

VinsAlvins
2015-02-01, 16:57
click the cssu banner at the top of this page follow instructions and thats it
any problems happy to help

thanks you but i got any problem here,here i've got a message from appmanager "application list partially refreshed.some catalogues unavaible,check the catalogue details"
and some categories like nokia application, nokia system software update, and ovi are failed,what should i do?, i use sim card data to make connection.. i can't use wifi because the wifi are detected is WEP not WPA..

VinsAlvins
2015-02-01, 17:03
I am also indonesian, but now im not using n900, coz it was stolen :(, im using android now but i love n900 more, looking for another n900, hope i could find one soon since its a rare device.

okey diky whre do you live?, maybe we can find your phone together, and sharing for nokia N900, i hope you can help me :)

VinsAlvins
2015-02-01, 17:05
selamat bergabung bro Vinalvin.. :)
kalau mau nyari N900 kemarin ane coba browsing di bukalapak.com dan olx.com masih banyak yg ngejuan kok. happy hunting

hallo bro.. tinggal di mna nih?, boleh dong maen ke sna buat sharing tentang nokia N900

VinsAlvins
2015-02-01, 17:21
There is a part of the forum, devoted to Buy&Sell (http://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27).

Good luck.

okey wikiwide, can we start meeting about maemo community and others, because i saw in any browser, some website for maemo can't be access anymore, and i don't want something happen again to maemo and any application.

supergaban
2015-02-01, 17:28
hallo bro.. tinggal di mna nih?, boleh dong maen ke sna buat sharing tentang nokia N900

:D jauh gan, ane di surabaya. gabung aja di grup n900 di facebook

VinsAlvins
2015-02-01, 17:36
:D jauh gan, ane di surabaya. gabung aja di grup n900 di facebook

oke gan ntar deh ke sna..
soalnya masih rada bingung buat newbie kyk ane gan hhe

Wikiwide
2015-02-01, 22:51
okey wikiwide, can we start meeting about maemo community and others, because I saw in any browser, some website for maemo can't be access anymore, and I don't want something happen again to maemo and any application.

Meeting about maemo community?.. There is IRC channel (ircs://freenode/maemo-meeting) maemo-meeting on Freenode where you can often see members of Maemo Council. As well as maemo channel for general maemo-related questions...

Yes, lots of websites previously hosted by Nokia went down. Yes, Nokia refused to let maemo.org to re-host some of the files, so they have to be found elsewhere (Nokia's closed source bits have licence making it difficult to host them?).

No, third-party (non-Nokia) applications are generally not threatened by that. I think that many of them are already in maemo.org repositories - there is even non-free part of repositories for closed-source applications.

Yes, Nokia's Ovi store is going down. Much of it (free apps for Fremantle) is backed-up here (https://archive.org/details/maemo-fremantle-ovi). Having something similar for Harmattan (Nokia N9) would be nice.

If there is an app, or several of them, in danger of disappearing, back it up and tell us? If it's open-source, it should not be difficult to mirror it on maemo.org repositories. If it's closed-source, it may be more complicated - depends on licence.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

VinsAlvins
2015-02-02, 05:18
Meeting about maemo community?.. There is IRC channel (ircs://freenode/maemo-meeting) maemo-meeting on Freenode where you can often see members of Maemo Council. As well as maemo channel for general maemo-related questions...

Yes, lots of websites previously hosted by Nokia went down. Yes, Nokia refused to let maemo.org to re-host some of the files, so they have to be found elsewhere (Nokia's closed source bits have licence making it difficult to host them?).

No, third-party (non-Nokia) applications are generally not threatened by that. I think that many of them are already in maemo.org repositories - there is even non-free part of repositories for closed-source applications.

Yes, Nokia's Ovi store is going down. Much of it (free apps for Fremantle) is backed-up here (https://archive.org/details/maemo-fremantle-ovi). Having something similar for Harmattan (Nokia N9) would be nice.

If there is an app, or several of them, in danger of disappearing, back it up and tell us? If it's open-source, it should not be difficult to mirror it on maemo.org repositories. If it's closed-source, it may be more complicated - depends on licence.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

okey thanks friend

VinsAlvins
2015-02-03, 18:35
hey i've got the problem..
said " mkdir cannot create directory '/and' file exists "
what should i do?

Wikiwide
2015-02-03, 23:37
It is possible that you already have file with the same name as the directory you are trying to create - I am not sure, but mkdir does not like it.

And, I do not get it. Are you trying to create directory
/and in root /
or
./and in local directory ./
?

Thank you. Best wishes.

VinsAlvins
2015-02-04, 11:00
It is possible that you already have file with the same name as the directory you are trying to create - I am not sure, but mkdir does not like it.

And, I do not get it. Are you trying to create directory
/and in root /
or
./and in local directory ./
?

Thank you. Best wishes.

i try /and in root but
~ $ root
Nokia-N900:~# /and
-sh /and: Permission denied

it said permission denied

pichlo
2015-02-04, 12:06
i try /and in root but
~ $ root
Nokia-N900:~# /and
-sh /and: Permission denied

it said permission denied

That would be because /and is not executable.
Can you do

ls -l /and

and post the result?

VinsAlvins
2015-02-04, 13:48
That would be because /and is not executable.
Can you do

ls -l /and

and post the result?

works, but still can't create directory..

i'll do this because i want to install android in my n900

VinsAlvins
2015-02-04, 15:08
i think the nitdroid site is dead because when i try to find another nitdroid installation, always said 404 not found **** i felt want to die here :(

VinsAlvins
2015-02-04, 15:13
anyone has an nitdroid file on your PC plz send to me at alvin.self.58@gmail.com

VinsAlvins
2015-02-04, 19:49
ohh men it's not good..
my nokia N900 goes blank i can't see the nokia stating, and desktop :(:(
help me

pichlo
2015-02-04, 22:53
works, but still can't create directory..

I asked you to POST THE RESULT! Where is it? (No, "works" is not the result. What did you get in the terminal output? Literally?)

Probably too late by now, considering your later posts. It looks like you continued trying something without understanding what you were doing and bricked the phone. Most likely your root partition is full (from trying to copy Android in it instead of creating a mount point as the Nitroid guide says), and possibly some other things.

If you get the chance, start by purging the /and directory completely.

rm - rf /and

Wikiwide
2015-02-05, 04:24
Quick reply...

There is N900 Rescue OS (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75369). It should make it possible to mount the maemo rootfs, and, for example, remove excessively large files from /and - hopefully that's the only problem.

The documentation (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/NIN101/N900_RescueOS/master/documentation.txt); it includes section on "Mounting maemo root"

For future: Nitroid thread (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66459)

Thank you.

VinsAlvins
2015-02-06, 14:36
too late, now my phone was blank because that was my mistake to uncek, SSU-devel and SSU-feature and activated fremantle tools repositories

my bad,sorry, i'm just want to know, not to make you're confused for all my question that i ask..maybe i will try to resolve all problems by myself. thanks all.