PDA

View Full Version : Jolla Tablet Firmware Flashing

coderus
2016-02-24, 17:46
VIA: https://jolla.comes.today/jolla-tablet-on-taobao-china/

Jolla Tablet have DnX Fastboot mode by press and hold volume up + volume down + power
Droidboot mode activating by holding volume down while booting

Using Intel Phone Flash Tool on windows, or fastboot scripts on Linux/Mac you can reflash Jolla Tablet using firmware from
https://mega.nz/#F!WRYTSTCT!GH3LESa54OAxT9i2aS1fQA

SailfishOS folder contains working SailfishOS firmware to flash Taobao tablet or reflash your Jolla tablet back from Android. Should be flashed from dnx mode.
Android4.4 folder contains firmware to flash your tablet to original Android. Can be flashed from dnx or droidboot modes.
MIUI folder contains MIUI 5.5.4 ROM (based on Android 4.4). En/Cn only. Should be flashed from dnx mode.
CWM-BOOT-ONLY folder contains files to boot to CWM recovery once, flashing CWM permanently is not known yet. Should be flashed from droidboot or dnx mode.
I have tested it myself, flashed to Android 4.4 and back to SailfishOS successfully.
Have fun :)

coderus
2016-02-25, 08:47
Useful links.

Step-by-step instruction of using firmware (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1500788&postcount=7)

Fixing Play Store (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1503834&postcount=41)

Fixing Play Store by getting account credentials from sfos aliendalvik (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1508584&postcount=81)

coderus
2016-02-29, 12:20
Removed unused files (except BIOS, not sure about that)
Added MIUI ROM

m4r0v3r
2016-03-03, 08:29
just need to get hold of the tablet now

Schturman
2016-03-06, 19:18
Andrey, can you write full guide (step by step) how to flash Sailfish OS if something happened ? Please.
Thanks

cvp
2016-03-06, 19:44
@coderus, after reflashing to sailfishos, is aliendalvik working?

coderus
2016-03-06, 19:56
@coderus, after reflashing to sailfishos, is aliendalvik working?

working :)

Andrey, can you write full guide (step by step) how to flash Sailfish OS if something happened ? Please.
Thanks

1. Install Intel Phone Flash Tool
2. Open Intel Flash Tool
3. In Intel Phone Flash Tool click Browse... and select from SailfishOS firmware folder flash-sailfish.xml file
4. Press and hold all keys on your tablet until DnX mode welcome message is not appeared
5. Press Flash in Intel Phone Flash Tool :)

cvp
2016-03-06, 20:08
Thanks for the info :)
Is it not possible to extract it and integrate to other smartphone or tablet? :)

coderus
2016-03-06, 20:10
sorry i'm not an android expert, i dont know :)

cvp
2016-03-06, 20:12
ok ;)

and do you know if aliedalvik will supportet on a non SFOS version (Jolla Tablet with Android) or Aigo x86 Tablet?

Schturman
2016-03-06, 20:13
working :)

1. Install Intel Phone Flash Tool
2. Open Intel Flash Tool
3. In Intel Phone Flash Tool click Browse... and select from SailfishOS firmware folder flash-sailfish.xml file
4. Press and hold all keys on your tablet until DnX mode welcome message is not appeared
5. Press Flash in Intel Phone Flash Tool :)

Cool, Thanks!
But in SailfishOS firmware folder I see only two files with .tar.bz2 suffix. No flash-sailfish.xml file here :confused:

And another question. This tablet don't have recovery mode like a phone ?

P.S. Or you mean Intel Phone Flash Tool should see this file "flash-sailfish.xml" ?

coderus
2016-03-06, 20:35
Cool, Thanks!
But in SailfishOS firmware folder I see only two files with .tar.bz2 suffix. No flash-sailfish.xml file here :confused:

And another question. This tablet don't have recovery mode like a phone ?

P.S. Or you mean Intel Phone Flash Tool should see this file "flash-sailfish.xml" ?

well, i thought you know tar.bz2 is an archive and can be unpacked to a folder on your pc :)

And sure there is an modified recovery mode too, you can check zendesk for more info.

ok ;)

and do you know if aliedalvik will supportet on a non SFOS version (Jolla Tablet with Android) or Aigo x86 Tablet?

I personally dont know about Aigo, but Jolla Devs said it have worse hw and probably Jolla firmware may be not suitable, but who knows. Jolla tablet with Android is a way to go :)

cvp
2016-03-06, 20:52
ok, than i will buy one from taobao with android os and save 15$ and can use it for shipping :)

eekkelund
2016-03-08, 20:22
Have you guys seen this? :)
Jolla tablet running Kubuntu, Suse and Win10. (https://twitter.com/0312birdzhang/status/695369230506590208)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaZydvdUUAAM0bl.jpg

coderus
2016-03-09, 08:29
Have you guys seen this? :)
Jolla tablet running Kubuntu, Suse and Win10. (https://twitter.com/0312birdzhang/status/695369230506590208)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaZydvdUUAAM0bl.jpg

nothing interesting without drivers. tablet have uefi bios and you can just load or install any os from usb stick. but it doesnt have touchscreen, sound, wireless and other drivers.

nieldk
2016-03-09, 11:54
nothing interesting without drivers. tablet have uefi bios and you can just load or install any os from usb stick. but it doesnt have touchscreen, sound, wireless and other drivers.

I say you are wrong.
Most SailfishOS ports start at that level, getting HW to work comes later - after initial booting OS, GUI etc.

TMavica
2016-03-09, 14:28
Where is Jolla Phone Firmware Flashing ?

coderus
2016-03-09, 14:46

I thought we're all waiting when your friend will leak em :)

I say you are wrong.
Most SailfishOS ports start at that level, getting HW to work comes later - after initial booting OS, GUI etc.

nothing interesting when tablet is x86 based and uefi supports ai64, you can just boot any os you like just by inserting installation usb stick. if someone develop or do something to make working touchscreen and other drivers it will be really interesting :)

nieldk
2016-03-09, 14:46

I thought You were gonna ask the Chinese about that ;)

ukica
2016-03-09, 21:43
im trying to install android and Im getting this warnings and then error.. anyone know what could be wrong ?

03/09/16 22:39:55.258 WARNING: Port 0/2: Failed to execute ""C:/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Phone Flash Tool/fastboot.exe" -s Baytrail7ADA4617 oem start_partitioning":
FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 5.001s
03/09/16 22:39:57.259 WARNING: Port 0/2: Retry to execute fastboot -s Baytrail7ADA4617 oem start_partitioning
03/09/16 22:40:02.299 WARNING: Port 0/2: Failed to execute ""C:/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Phone Flash Tool/fastboot.exe" -s Baytrail7ADA4617 oem start_partitioning":
FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 5.001s
03/09/16 22:40:04.299 ERROR : Port 0/2: Flash failure

ukica
2016-03-09, 22:25
now I installed the latest Flash tool. The first image from blankphone went succefully but the second not.. still trying

nope, not working

03/09/16 23:34:38.944 ERROR : [Port 1/2] Command `C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Flash Tool Lite\fastboot.exe "-s" "Baytrail7ADA4617" "flash" "fastboot" "C:\Users\home\Downloads\JollaTablet\JollaTablet\An droid4.4\anzhen4_mrd8_w_64-userdebug-factory-FangHong-422\droidboot.img"` timed out (60 s)
03/09/16 23:34:38.944 ERROR : [Port 1/2] Flash failed (Command type: Fastboot)

sailfishos was installed succesfull so no bricked device :)

coderus
2016-03-10, 03:55
Which xml file you selected?

ukica
2016-03-10, 07:12
flash.xml it stops around 80%

coderus
2016-03-10, 12:14
try flashing blankphone before, and then flash android

ukica
2016-03-10, 14:23
I've done that. Blankphone was successful. android not

I'll try again tonight..

coderus
2016-03-10, 14:33
timeout means it cant connect to device or something. is there anything more in flash log?

ukica
2016-03-10, 20:14
you were right. there was something wrong with the connection.. i changed to faster usb port and it worked.

so, how to create dual boot or instal 6.0 instead of 4.4 ? :D

coderus
2016-03-10, 20:43
you were right. there was something wrong with the connection.. i changed to faster usb port and it worked.

so, how to create dual boot or instal 6.0 instead of 4.4 ? :D

No idea, sorry :) need someone who know how to modify android boot and other roms :)

ukica
2016-03-10, 20:50
yep.. this 4.4 is ugly as hell :)

coderus
2016-03-10, 21:04
install good launcher, root it, install xposed and gravitybox and you can use it very well :)

ukica
2016-03-10, 21:42
did you managed to install google play ? i tried few versions and none of them worked

willi6868
2016-03-11, 09:29
did you managed to install google play ? i tried few versions and none of them worked

Just check this (https://together.jolla.com/question/131200/solved-problem-with-installation-of-google-play-and-services-on-jolla-tablet/) and this (https://together.jolla.com/question/114608/howto-install-gapps-gplay-google-play-kk-on-tablet/). :D

coderus
2016-03-19, 08:49

Uploaded CWM boot files to MEGA. Press and hold volume down during boot to boot to droidboot, and then load cwm xml file to Intel Flash Tool and start flashing to boot to CWM. Flashing CWM permanently not possible yet. Using CWM you can flash opengapps for 4.4 x86, supersu and many other goodies :)

jukk
2016-03-19, 17:22
Interesting that the firmware is available. Just an idea. Could this firmware be used to flash another device? I have an old and slow tablet, Viewsonic Viewpad 10pi that came with Windows 7 and Android 2.3 (Intel Atom Z670 Oak Trail with PowerVR GMA600 graphics). I've installed Debian on it, but it is quite slow to run a modern desktop on and the touch interface is not that good on any modern distro (at least two years ago when I tried). I guess Sailfish could be faster, but there could be problems with the graphics. It needs quite a new kernel to get any acceleration from the dreaded PowerVR graphics chip.

explit
2016-03-22, 17:13
Interesting that the firmware is available. Just an idea. Could this firmware be used to flash another device? I have an old and slow tablet, Viewsonic Viewpad 10pi that came with Windows 7 and Android 2.3 (Intel Atom Z670 Oak Trail with PowerVR GMA600 graphics). I've installed Debian on it, but it is quite slow to run a modern desktop on and the touch interface is not that good on any modern distro (at least two years ago when I tried). I guess Sailfish could be faster, but there could be problems with the graphics. It needs quite a new kernel to get any acceleration from the dreaded PowerVR graphics chip.

I think it wouldn't work without drivers. The HW of the tablet must be the same or at least compatible with the drivers in the SailfishOS Image.....

coderus
2016-03-22, 17:45
at least jolla tablet firmware wont work on any other different motherboard :)

markoh
2016-04-17, 00:26
Hi,

I managed to install Android. However I don't know how to install Google Play Store. I have tried some gapps packages and none of them worked. I don't know if I am installing them correctly and if I am installing the right one.

Please give me some hints. Thanks.

I was also following instructions to install gaps and they wanted TWRP. I was using adb and installing each app separately with adb install. Is that correct?

markoh
2016-04-17, 06:46
Uploaded CWM boot files to MEGA. Press and hold volume down during boot to boot to droidboot, and then load cwm xml file to Intel Flash Tool and start flashing to boot to CWM. Flashing CWM permanently not possible yet. Using CWM you can flash opengapps for 4.4 x86, supersu and many other goodies :)

Where can I get opengapps for 4.4 x86? Does x86 work or do I have to find x86_64?

coderus
2016-04-17, 06:54
opengapps are here: http://opengapps.org/
our android is only x86, so no x64

markoh
2016-04-17, 07:24
opengapps are here: http://opengapps.org/
our android is only x86, so no x64

Thanks a lot. Without your help I would not be able to do anything. And I still have a question. I finally installed opengaps and now play store says "Error retrieving information from server [RH-01]". I have followed several instructions on internet how to fix it with no success. But it is much better now. Google account is added and calenda, mail, etc. are already syncing.

coderus
2016-04-17, 07:48
that's bad, you ran into same problems as myself. i don't know why it's happening, but google account not filling some fields into it's own databases on this device. i wrote small sequence/script to fix this problem.

You need to flash SuperSU.zip via CWM before doing this. You also need to install busybox.apk, launch it and install busybox to system.

ID_SECRET=3f8cbdd85590d75c
ID_INT=3717620033319034474
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "update secure set value=\"$ID_SECRET\" where name=\"android_id\""
sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db "insert into main (name, value) values (\"android_id\", \"$ID_INT\")"
sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db "update main set value=\"$ID_INT\" where name=\"android_id\""

markoh
2016-04-17, 11:59
Thanks. To use superuser and busybox I need to root the device, right? Where do I have to look for information for rooting this device?

coderus
2016-04-17, 13:01
just grab SuperSU zip and flash it from CWM. You can get it from here for example: https://mega.nz/#!CYAEiaJC!nlK35XjvEB7voJOhGIZO8go847I4HztJB917Vif Oloo
Busybox here: https://mega.nz/#!HEQ3nZ4a!UpQyJ_o8BGR9HPoZqRhjNlWSDBF0-DikA3ETCB0KT5Q

nieldk
2016-04-17, 13:42
The official link for stable supersu cwm flashable is:

http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu-stable

coderus
2016-04-17, 14:48
relax, i just uploaded to mega files i used myself ;)

markoh
2016-04-17, 15:04
THANKS! You all rock.

At first I though the script provided by coderus does not work because play store still refused to work. I investigated it and found out that I have no table accountSettings in talk.db. Then I rebooted the tablet and now the play store works.

However, when I try to install any application I get the error message that the application can't be installed with error RPC-S-7. I tried the instructions from the internet again and again no luck. Is it maybe that your ID_SECRET and ID_INT do not match my setup? How do I find correct ID_SECRET and ID_INT?

coderus
2016-04-17, 15:43
i just got mine when used sailfishos on my tablet :)
i rechecked my tablet and seems only these two databases contains values:sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "select * from secure where name=\"android_id\""
sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db "select * from main where name=\"android_id\""
so probably other ones are not needed
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "update secure set value=\"$ID_SECRET\" where name=\"android_id\""
sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db "insert into main (name, value) values (\"android_id\", \"$ID_INT\")"

markoh
2016-04-17, 17:56
I think I will have to find some values. I did the factory reset on the device. The tablet did the account registration and then I checked the tables. The secure tables has the android_id, which is different to yours. However, the main table from gservices.db is empty.

I am getting RH-01 error again. I will take some time off and try again later. I am out of ideas.

coderus
2016-04-17, 18:25
i did it three times and it just worked for me :)
probably you can have better chances when getting your own values from sfos aliendalvik and injecting it to android.

markoh
2016-04-19, 10:40
I have installed SailFish again and gave it one more try. There are simply to many applications that don't work. I can crash the Jolla browser every time.

I will install android again. Do you think I could just copy some db files instead of writing these sqlite3 commands? I have successfully logged into google and google play store works. So If I copy settings to android it should probably work. I will give it a try.

coderus
2016-04-19, 11:08
i dont know if copying db will work, probably not. but you can copy it to check values later and inject it to android.

meemorph
2016-05-16, 19:08
@coderus ty

If you have an original Jolla Tablet it comes with SailfishOS 2.0.0.10 firmware image. Before flashing android for testing I recommend to image the tablet to a 64GB sd card. With this backup image it is possible to return to the original dataset of the tablet. It worked for me, you may try it at our own risk - I do not say, you have to try it.

Use with a fully charged battery the recovery mode, select shell, insert an empty (minimum 64GB) sd card and type:
dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=/dev/mmcblk1

The backup may take up to 2,5h. If dd finished its work, you can reboot to dnx and flash android.

If you want to go back to your SailfishOS version:
1. charge the battery first
2. flash SailfishOS-1.1.9.13-tbj-0.9.0.20
3. start recovery, select shell and insert your sd card
4. dd if=/dev/mmcblk1 of=/dev/mmcblk0
5. reboot

n950
2016-05-18, 06:26
Hi,

How can i install Android 4.4 system on my Jolla tablet? Step by step please
Where to download it? Good version
What others version can i install?

meemorph
2016-05-19, 20:07
Hi,

How can i install Android 4.4 system on my Jolla tablet? Step by step please
Where to download it? Good version
What others version can i install?

Read this thread from the beginning. It is all there.

squidmata
2016-06-26, 15:12

Are you sure the volume down gets you to Droidboot? Not working here after flashing to Android.

Also, how does one get the gapps etc over to the tablet for flashing in CWM...?

Thanks!

coderus
2016-06-26, 17:36
i'm sure about droidboot, and for gapps you need to do some tricks in root terminal. It was discussed in current thread.

squidmata
2016-06-27, 07:04
i'm sure about droidboot, and for gapps you need to do some tricks in root terminal. It was discussed in current thread.

OK, well then I have a problem because I can't get to Droidboot by that method, it just doesn't work. I get the Jolla logo, then the Intel logo and a bunch of EFILINUX debug messages, then it boots into Android. I can get there from dnx, but I have to flash the tablet every time to get there.

Also, I don't see any references in this thread to using the terminal to get the gapps etc onto the tablet, are you talking about using adb push or something else? Using the adb.exe from the Mega folder gives an "ADB server is out of date" message and using adb in Linux gives permissions errors and/or the device is unrecognized.

carepack
2016-06-27, 10:20
OK, well then I have a problem because I can't get to Droidboot by that method, it just doesn't work. I get the Jolla logo, then the Intel logo and a bunch of EFILINUX debug messages, then it boots into Android. I can get there from dnx, but I have to flash the tablet every time to get there.

Also, I don't see any references in this thread to using the terminal to get the gapps etc onto the tablet, are you talking about using adb push or something else? Using the adb.exe from the Mega folder gives an "ADB server is out of date" message and using adb in Linux gives permissions errors and/or the device is unrecognized.

the thread is six pages long: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1501673&postcount=33

squidmata
2016-06-27, 10:32
the thread is six pages long: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1501673&postcount=33

Thanks, I've read the whole thread. That post you've linked to doesn't answer my questions, maybe I am not expressing myself well enough.

Vol down whilst booting is NOT taking me to Droidboot, the only way for me to get there is to flash the Android from dnx and then flash the CWM from there.

Also, the transfer of gapps, supersu etc is not explained there, only that it can be done. I know how to use CWM, my question is how to get the files to the device, seeing as how the adb does not appear to be working in either Windows or Linux.

carepack
2016-06-27, 14:24
hi @coderus,

I can't run you're script succesfully.
error:

table accountSettings does not exist
table main does not exist

How to fix? Thx in advance

EDIT: only the first sqlite command worked. it seems that only this one is necessary. after a reboot it worked

coderus
2016-06-27, 14:49
hi @coderus,

I can't run you're script succesfully.
error:

table accountSettings does not exist
table main does not exist

How to fix? Thx in advance

EDIT: only the first sqlite command worked. it seems that only this one is necessary. after a reboot it worked

fantastic if it worked after only first command!

coderus
2016-06-27, 15:02
Thanks, I've read the whole thread. That post you've linked to doesn't answer my questions, maybe I am not expressing myself well enough.

Vol down whilst booting is NOT taking me to Droidboot, the only way for me to get there is to flash the Android from dnx and then flash the CWM from there.

Also, the transfer of gapps, supersu etc is not explained there, only that it can be done. I know how to use CWM, my question is how to get the files to the device, seeing as how the adb does not appear to be working in either Windows or Linux.

you can boot droidboot from dnx mode running fastboot boot droidboot.img. But i have updated cwm archive for you with config file to run cwn boot from dnx mode.

squidmata
2016-06-27, 15:46
you can boot droidboot from dnx mode running fastboot boot droidboot.img. But i have updated cwm archive for you with config file to run cwn boot from dnx mode.

That's great, thank you!

Do you have any tips on transferring files to the sdcard for CWM to use? What do you use, the adb.exe in the folder or via some other means..?

coderus
2016-06-27, 15:56
I just transferred on tablet itself :)

squidmata
2016-06-27, 16:48
I just transferred on tablet itself :)

Got it, thanks!

Getting an error 255 when installing the gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip, anyone else get the same?

coderus
2016-06-27, 18:37
wtf are you doing? go to http://opengapps.org/ and download 4.4 x86 mini package and flash it with cwm.

squidmata
2016-06-27, 18:55
wtf are you doing? go to http://opengapps.org/ and download 4.4 x86 mini package and flash it with cwm.

Haha!

I got one of them installed in the end!

Now I have the RH-01 error...:D

coderus
2016-06-27, 19:01
Now you need to do that root + busybox + sqlite trick in adb shell

squidmata
2016-06-27, 19:15
Is it possible to get the required information without a working Android device? I don't have anything with Play services..

coderus
2016-06-27, 20:27
you can easily use my ids

carepack
2016-06-27, 22:27
soory @coderus,

something went wrong. Play store is opening and I can sync my google data. But when it comes to an download from store I've got the message I have to login. ? I'm logged in due to sync possibility. When I remove the account and readd them I run into the rh-01 error again and start with the sqlite trick again. It worked one time but had to reflash the device. since then I'm not able to get it working. Yes, pico4.4 x86 package

could you provide the command ro read our.own google credentials from another devive instead using yours. maybe.this coul solve it

thx

coderus
2016-06-28, 05:15
you need to get data not from any device, but from x86 device, otherwise you will download arm packages on your tablet and it wont install :D

easy way is to install sfos, install aliendalvik, install google play and get data from it sqlite database :)

carepack
2016-06-28, 08:33
@coderus could you do me a favour?

could you recheck those commands:

sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/talk.db "update accountSettings set value=\"$ID_INT\" where name=\"jid_resource\"

Error: no such table accountSettings

sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/config.db "insert into main (package, namespace, key, value) values (\"com.google.android.gms\", \"configns:p4\", \"android_id\", \"$ID_INT\")"

Error: no such table main

Error: column name is not unique

EDIT: How do you obtain the root access on tablet? Have you a compiled version of aliendalvik-superuser for x86?

coderus
2016-06-28, 11:53
for root i just flashed superuser zip from cwm
db i can check later today

squidmata
2016-06-28, 15:11
Now you need to do that root + busybox + sqlite trick in adb shell

OK, I don't know how to do that. I have adb shell access but I'm getting "/sbin/sh: sqlite3: not found" when I try to paste the commands.

Any clues for me..?

carepack
2016-06-28, 15:50
OK, I don't know how to do that. I have adb shell access but I'm getting "/sbin/sh: sqlite3: not found" when I try to paste the commands.

Any clues for me..?

check this one:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96474&page=5

coderus
2016-06-28, 15:55
@coderus could you do me a favour?

could you recheck those commands:

sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/talk.db "update accountSettings set value=\"$ID_INT\" where name=\"jid_resource\"

Error: no such table accountSettings

sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/config.db "insert into main (package, namespace, key, value) values (\"com.google.android.gms\", \"configns:p4\", \"android_id\", \"$ID_INT\")"

Error: no such table main

Error: column name is not unique

EDIT: How do you obtain the root access on tablet? Have you a compiled version of aliendalvik-superuser for x86?

talk.db seems not used anymore in new gapps.
for gservices.db try:sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db "update main set value=\"$ID_INT\" where name=\"android_id\""

coderus
2016-06-28, 15:56

Any clues for me..?

well, for sqlite3 seems need to install busybox. Maybe carepack have more fresh memories about process :)

squidmata
2016-06-28, 16:14
check this one:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96474&page=5

Sorry, I don't follow. That's just the commands again..

coderus
2016-06-28, 16:45
Added folder ForFixingGApps to MEGA. Flash SuperSU.zip in CWM, if you didn't that before. It gives you root. Then install busybox.apk and install it to system, it gives you sqlite3 in shell. Then execute following commands in shell:

sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db "update main set value=\"$ID_INT\" where name=\"android_id\""

then reboot, and check play store after rebooting.

carepack
2016-06-28, 17:48
Added folder ForFixingGApps to MEGA. Flash SuperSU.zip in CWM, if you didn't that before. It gives you root. Then install busybox.apk and install it to system, it gives you sqlite3 in shell. Then execute following commands in shell:

then reboot, and check play store after rebooting.

First of all -> thx coderus

I don't know what does the trick. The new commands or my own credentials grabbed in sailfishos. But for everyone who is running into the "please authenticate before download" problem grab youre own

1. In sailfish start terminal or ssh in. Change the folder to /opt/alien
and execute the commands of coderus

sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "select * from secure where name=\"android_id\""

sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db "select * from main where name=\"android_id\""

First one is ID_SECRET and the second one ID_INT. Backup the credentials and shutdown the device.

2. Power the the device on with all 3 buttons pressed. You should see some text after a short time at the top of the screen. Release the buttons. Connect to Phonetools and browse to the file flash-dnx.xml in the extracted android folder. Select and flash

3. Now you should be in android. Connect and copy supersu and gappsX86 to the device. Then poweroff the tablet.

4. Press power button until you see the jolla logo then immedaitely release the button and press VolDown until a little robot and some text are appearing

5. In Phonetools select again the cwm-boot-only.xml and wait until cwm recovery has started. Select zip to install / sdcard / supersu + gapps -> then reboot into android

6. In Android Settings/Security allow install untrusted software. Go back to accounts and add you google one. Open PlayStore once after that. A error should appear during download apps. If not - you're good to go.

7. Go to that page and download busybox:
https://www.roidbay.com/app/apk/stericson.busybox/
You'll find it under downlaods. Install it and grant superuser access

8. Close Playstore. If the device is still connected to a machine with adb start adb via the command "adb shell". Switch to "su" and allow the access on the tablet

9. Now you can run coderus commands:

ID_SECRET=YOUR_OWN
ID_INT=YOUR_OWN

Reboot and it should work.

ahoy. thx coderus

explit
2016-06-28, 18:52
First of all -> thx coderus

I don't know what does the trick the new commands or my own credentials grabbed in sailfishos. But for everyone who is running into the "please authenticate before download" problem grab youre own id.

Best start would be you have a tablet running sailfishos and installed google apps + phone tools(the flashing files) + developermode enabled + supersu + extracted android image + extracted cwm

Unzip android image and cwm. In the directory structure should appear at least one xml file or more.

1. Copy supersu to youre device /media/sdcard/first_entry_in_the_list

2. Poweroff the device

3. Press power button until you see the jolla logo then immedaitely release the button and press VolDown until a little robot and some text are appearing

4. Connect the device to the machine with phonetools installed. Open the prog and select browse. Go to the cwm directoy and select cwm-boot-only.xml -> Press flash

5. After a short time you'll see the cwm recovery. Select "install zip" and the "from external sdcard" (entry at the bottom). Select the supersu.zip and flash

6. After that reboot. Ignore fixing supersu

7. In sailfish start terminal or ssh in. Change the folder to /opt/alien
and execute the commands of coderus

sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "select * from secure where name=\"android_id\""

First one is ID_SECRET and the second one ID_INT. Backup the credentials and shutdown the device.

8. Power the the device on with oll 3 buttons pressed. You sould see some text after short time at the top of the screen. Release the buttons. Connect to Phonetools and browse to the file flash-dnx.xml in the extracted android folder. Select and flash

9. Now you should be in android. Connect the device to the pc and copy supersu and gappsX86 to the device. Then poweroff the tablet.

10. Press power button until you see the jolla logo then immedaitely release the button and press VolDown until a little robot and some text are appearing

11. In Phonetools select again the cwm-boot-only.xml and wait until cwm recovery has started. Select zip to install / sdcard / supersu + gapps -> then reboot into android

12. In Android Setting/Security allow install untrusted software. Go back to add accounts and add you google account. Open PlayStore once after that. A error should appear

13. go to that page and download busybox:
https://www.roidbay.com/app/apk/stericson.busybox/
You'll find it under downlaods. Install it and grant superuser access

14. Close Playstore. If the device is still connected to a machine with adb start it via adb shell. Switch to su and allow the access on the tablet

15. Now you can run coderus commands:

ID_SECRET=YOUR_OWN
ID_INT=YOUR_OWN

16. Reboot and it should work.

ahoy. thx coderus

Hello!
So, as i understood, this manual is the only possibility to have root in aliendalvik on Jolla Tablet?

I alredy have Google Playstore installed on the tablet. so i need only flash cwm and afterwards supersu.zip from the CWM?

Are additional sqlite command relevant for me?

THX

Sent from my Jolla using Tapatalk

coderus
2016-06-28, 19:09
you don't need root in aliendalvik, you need devel-su in sfos to get access to android databases.

carepack
2016-06-28, 19:19
you don't need root in aliendalvik, you need devel-su in sfos to get access to android databases.

THX. Wrote it quick and dirty. I'll correct it. The first supersu flash is unnecessary

explit
2016-06-28, 19:28

Thanks Coderus.
What about Android Apps, which need Root?
For this apps i need something like your aliendalvik-root for Jolla Phone

coderus
2016-06-28, 19:35
Thanks Coderus.
What about Android Apps, which need Root?
For this apps i need something like your aliendalvik-root for Jolla Phone

well, seems you do not understand purpose of this thread. this thread have information about flashing real Android 4.4 to Jolla Tablet instead of SailfishOS, This thread not for installing anything to SailfiishOS.

explit
2016-06-28, 19:43
Ah, ok, Sorry for misunderstanding, Coderus!

squidmata
2016-06-29, 09:37
Coderus, Carepack, thankyou!

I grabbed my credentials from sfos and it worked like a charm.

Great work, thanks again!.....:D

coderus
2016-06-29, 12:33
thanks to carepack, pinned all useful posts to the top

smatkovi
2016-08-29, 11:23
on which ip-address does it listen in usb debugging mode?VIA: https://jolla.comes.today/jolla-tablet-on-taobao-china/

Jolla Tablet have DnX Fastboot mode by press and hold volume up + volume down + power
Droidboot mode activating by holding volume down while booting

Using Intel Phone Flash Tool on windows, or fastboot scripts on Linux/Mac you can reflash Jolla Tablet using firmware from
https://mega.nz/#F!WRYTSTCT!GH3LESa54OAxT9i2aS1fQA

SailfishOS folder contains working SailfishOS firmware to flash Taobao tablet or reflash your Jolla tablet back from Android. Should be flashed from dnx mode.
Android4.4 folder contains firmware to flash your tablet to original Android. Can be flashed from dnx or droidboot modes.
MIUI folder contains MIUI 5.5.4 ROM (based on Android 4.4). En/Cn only. Should be flashed from dnx mode.
CWM-BOOT-ONLY folder contains files to boot to CWM recovery once, flashing CWM permanently is not known yet. Should be flashed from droidboot or dnx mode.
I have tested it myself, flashed to Android 4.4 and back to SailfishOS successfully.
Have fun :)

smatkovi
2016-08-29, 11:26
oh, it should be 192.168.2.15, but after booting in usb debug mode my pc tells me, if i telnet to 192.168.2.15, connection refused :/

coderus
2016-09-03, 15:33
to make XPosed working type in adb root shell following:echo 148 > /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset
chmod 664 /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset

coderus
2016-09-03, 15:33
on which ip-address does it listen in usb debugging mode?

what is usb debugging mode? what are you asking about?

Dave999
2016-09-03, 17:09
what is usb debugging mode? what are you asking about?

It's my understanding that he is asking about the IP :D

coderus
2016-09-03, 17:55
I prefer to see answer of author of question, not you Dave. No offense.

Dave999
2016-09-03, 18:57
I prefer to see answer of author of question, not you Dave. No offense.

None taken. Mine was just a clarification, not an answer. Let's wait for the author.

cvp
2016-10-25, 20:34
is it possible to flash the Tablet with android/SFOS under Linux? Is there a how to for it ?

coderus
2016-10-25, 21:46
sure, you can use normal fastboot for this.

cvp
2017-04-06, 10:19
sure, you can use normal fastboot for this.

are this steps right under linux ?

1) DxN Mode (Vol + & - & Power)
2) Flash SFOS
2a) fastboot flash recovery hybris-recovery.img
2b) fastboot flash boot hybris-boot.img
2c) fastboot flash system sailfish.img001
2d) fastboot flash system sailfish.img002

any missing ?

coderus
2017-04-06, 10:51
well, i don't remember and can't check right now, you can open flash xml file and get all fastboot parameters for each flashing step from it.

cvp
2017-04-06, 15:26
Its easy to flash with Intel's Flash Tool
https://01.org/android-ia/downloads/intel-platform-flash-tool-lite

the installation take a bit time. But it works very well under ubuntu/mint.
Flashing time ~5 min

1) open the Intel program
2) put tablet in DnX Mode and connect with the pc
3) browse to the flash-sailfish.xml
4) start flashing

done :)

coderus
2017-04-06, 19:20
Cool, i didn't knew it exists for linux :D

cvp
2017-04-07, 07:15
there is a file missing in the MIUI folder:
BYTC_X64_R_MRD_8005_04_SecEnabled.fv

can you upload it again ?

coderus
2017-04-07, 07:34
just check this file in other folders, maybe i just miscopied it.

cvp
2017-04-07, 09:04
i check it already... is not there :(

coderus
2017-04-07, 09:09
okay i can upload it later tonight

cvp
2017-04-07, 09:17
thank you :)

i found the file here:
https://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=1770212141&uk=3021277560&fid=837311427040835

coderus
2017-04-07, 19:35
as expected file already present in folder just have different name :D

BYTC_IFWI_X64_R_MRD_SECENABLED_EMMC-phoenix.bin