rcolistete
2017-09-18, 22:56
Update about Jolla Tablet refund :
Jolla Tablet refund update [Update: (15/09) Emails sent to second phase]
September 15, 2017 by Sami Pienimäki
https://blog.jolla.com/2nd-round-refund-update/

gerbick
2017-09-19, 00:22
Well... that means I'm in the last 20%. Here's to waiting.

nieldk
2017-09-19, 04:08
Apparently Iam also in those 20%

Dave999
2017-09-19, 04:52
Another scam!

All got 50 percent option. But only less than 200 people got second option so it's more like 52 percent or something.

mrsellout
2017-09-19, 05:13
I think the 80% in the thread title refers to the first phase (going off the date of the post).

The blog update in rcolistete's post says a second batch of 100 emails have been sent.

Dave999
2017-09-19, 05:30
I think the 80% in the thread title refers to the first phase (going off the date of the post).

The blog update in rcolistete's post says a second batch of 100 emails have been sent.

Could be. Make more sense. but 200 emails should be sent in the second refund phase. 100 in august and 100 in sept. But I have suspect that could be much less since only 2 people have confirmed second. Atleast what I have seen so far. So if you got the question...please check-in.

But now it's almost October and another 100. Hope you are more lucky...refund losers(me included)

mscion
2017-09-19, 13:13
Just to double check. What is the subject in the email notification. Is the email notification directly from Jolla? Thanks!

MINKIN2
2017-09-19, 13:19
Still waiting for news on the 2nd half too, hopefully we get news about the discount for SF on the Xperia soon.

Boxeri
2017-09-19, 17:45
Hmm, I don't remember receiving even the first part of the refund. I may have forgotten. When was it supposed to have happened?

Edit: Never mind, checked my email, they send it to paypal.

No news on the second half for me though.

lancewex
2017-09-19, 18:25
I'm still waiting too.

vistaus
2017-10-15, 09:04
I'm still waiting as well. Kinda glad to stumble upon this topic 'cause I honestly thought I was the only one still waiting...

Edit: ah, I see they've sent an e-mail to a different address. I now chose to wait for the refund, although I'm kinda bummed that I'll only receive 50% of my refund. In accordance with the law, I have the right to receive a 100% refund...

Dave999
2017-10-15, 11:09
I'm still waiting as well. Kinda glad to stumble upon this topic 'cause I honestly thought I was the only one still waiting...

Edit: ah, I see they've sent an e-mail to a different address. I now chose to wait for the refund, although I'm kinda bummed that I'll only receive 50% of my refund. In accordance with the law, I have the right to receive a 100% refund...

Man, you will never be alone. I'm here. Its just that mods delete/move/infraction/ban you for post in these kind of threads. some how they cant handle it.

the cool thing is that jolla slowly push out second part of refunds now. unfortunately its like 100 per month and much less that actually is refunded. so it will take a loooooong time.

october refund mail are still not sent so if we are luckey we might get it this coming week.

pichlo
2017-10-16, 07:19
In accordance with the law, I have the right to receive a 100% refund...

No. In accordance with the law, you have the right to receive a big fat zero. It is Jolla's good will (and PR) that they offered any refund at all.

No matter how many times this is stressed, some people choose to stick to their own dogma.

vistaus
2017-10-16, 09:00
EDIT: IGNORE THIS POST, SEE BELOW

No. In accordance with the law, you have the right to receive a big fat zero. It is Jolla's good will (and PR) that they offered any refund at all.

No matter how many times this is stressed, some people choose to stick to their own dogma.

Maybe according to your law, but my law says:

"Bij de ontbinding van een consumentenkoop wegens een tekortkoming in de nakoming van de in artikel 9 lid 4 bedoelde verbintenis vergoedt de verkoper onverwijld alle van de koper ontvangen betalingen."

"In the case of dissolution of a consumer purchase due to a shortcoming in the fulfillment of the undertaking referred to in article 9 (4), the seller shall forthwith compensate all payments received from the buyer."

(http://wetten.overheid.nl/BWBR0005290/2017-10-10)

and

Law on remote buying (=buying something through the internet)

"Tenzij de consument en de leverancier vooraf anders afspreken, moet de bestelling binnen dertig dagen na plaatsing worden uitgevoerd. Als het bestelde goed of de bestelde dienst niet leverbaar is, moet de leverancier de consument daarvan op de hoogte stellen en eventuele betalingen binnen dertig dagen terugstorten."

"Unless the consumer and the supplier in advance agree otherwise, the order must be carried out within thirty days after placing the order. If the ordered good or ordered service is not available, the supplier must inform the consumer and refund any payments within thirty days."

(http://www.iusmentis.com/zakendoen/wetkoopopafstand/)

According to the government website, this applies to all goods bought within the EU and Finland is part of the EU. This has been tested in court and has been ruled in favor of consumers multiple times.
So don't tell me it's not in accordance with the law 'cause you clearly haven't studied the law of my country.

EDIT: IGNORE THIS POST, SEE BELOW

JulmaHerra
2017-10-16, 09:11
"Unless the consumer and the supplier in advance agree otherwise, the order must be carried out within thirty days after placing the order. If the ordered good or ordered service is not available, the supplier must inform the consumer and refund any payments within thirty days."

This contradicts the very idea of crowdfunding and most likely would not be applied to such case.

According to the government website, this applies to all goods bought within the EU and Finland is part of the EU. This has been tested in court and has been ruled in favor of consumers multiple times.
So don't tell me it's not in accordance with the law 'cause you clearly haven't studied the law of my country.

Maybe you should not be too arrogant on that one as you clearly have not realized that the transaction was NOT made with Jolla of Finland, nor in EU but with Jolla-Asia Ltd residing in Hong Kong (as in Finland laws regulating crowdfunding were not ready at the time of the campaign). So, pichlo is very much right on this - Jolla would be under any obligation to refund, but they chose to do so (which is of course wise thing to do).

mrsellout
2017-10-16, 09:13

Where does the 50% figure come from? They already refunded everyone that amount, and said they'll pay the second 50% as and when they can.

vistaus
2017-10-16, 09:16
Where does the 50% figure come from? They already refunded everyone that amount, and said they'll pay the second 50% as and when they can.

I haven't received any refund and according to the current page, they say that I only get 104.50 once, so that's 50%.

vistaus
2017-10-16, 09:21
This contradicts the very idea of crowdfunding and most likely would not be applied to such case.

Maybe you should not be too arrogant on that one as you clearly have not realized that the transaction was NOT made with Jolla of Finland, nor in EU but with Jolla-Asia Ltd residing in Hong Kong (as in Finland laws regulating crowdfunding were not ready at the time of the campaign). So, pichlo is very much right on this - Jolla would be under any obligation to refund, but they chose to do so (which is of course wise thing to do).

Crowdfunding is covered by that law. It has been tested in court.

I'm sorry if I was coming off arrogant. It was just that pichlo's reply felt very crude as he hadn't even studied my law, so I was only trying to point out that my law is different. I wasn't trying to come off arrogant or anything. Again: I apologize.
I hadn't noticed that the transaction was with Jolla in Hong Kong. I've switched banks early 2016 so I can't recall the transaction, but I believe you. In that case, ignore my post. (< I'm talking to you, pichlo and everyone else ;))

mrsellout
2017-10-16, 09:34
I haven't received any refund and according to the current page, they say that I only get 104.50 once, so that's 50%.
You need to talk to Jolla care, maybe this mixup with email you mention has resulted in you missing their comms.

vistaus
2017-10-16, 09:36
You need to talk to Jolla care, maybe this mixup with email you mention has resulted in you missing their comms.

I checked the old email account and the only Jolla mail I received was the one I found yesterday. I haven't received any other mail from them (other than software updates).

I will talk with Jolla Care then to try and clear this up, thanks :)

pichlo
2017-10-16, 09:44
Maybe according to your law, but my law says:

"In the case of dissolution of a consumer purchase due to a shortcoming in the fulfillment of the undertaking referred to in article 9 (4), the seller shall forthwith compensate all payments received from the buyer."

This is where the common misconception comes from.

Did you purchase the tablet from the Jolla's website? In that case indeed, you are entitled to a refund. I suppose there may have been a handful of devices sold that way.

If you "ordered" one from Indygogo, then you did not purchase anything. You backed a fundraising campaign with no guarantee of a product delivery or refund in case of a failed delivery, at least as far as the law is concerned. That applies to any fundraising campaign, Jolla's is no exception.

Which brings me neatly back to my previous post (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1536931#post1536931) :D

Dave999
2017-10-16, 10:16
how about take a stand on the stage, live sent to the world that “I guarantee you will get it”. What does the law say about that?

tortoisedoc
2017-10-16, 13:08
Im waiting too; also, unfortunately, I decided to use some of the refund for the Sailfish X purchase (which I have not completed yet), only to find out I cant combine the Sailfish X voucher from my tablet refund with my community developer discount. :| That's a real bummer. So I wonder how I can revert my SFX voucher.

atlochowski
2017-10-16, 13:59
So I wonder how I can revert my SFX voucher.

Try to write mail to James community@jolla.com and ask him.

deprecated
2017-10-16, 22:13
The thing I don't get here is that people don't seem to understand the inherent risk of crowdfunding. You're giving them that money and, while they have some obligation to do what they've said with the money, it doesn't constitute a purchase or a binding contract to deliver you a functional device. Crowdfunded projects get scrapped and people get burned all the time, it's part of the associated risk. That said, Jolla is at least attempting to make good on it. That exceeds their obligation.

ste-phan
2017-11-07, 12:45
Can't go anywhere on a Jolla forum without stumbling over refund related questions, so I figure it is important enough to make my first post about this great event:
-=Yes I have finally received the 2nd part as I type (from Jolla Asia).=-

Thanks Jolla, this means a week of food in these parts! :)

Dave999
2017-11-07, 16:56
Can't go anywhere on a Jolla forum without stumbling over refund related questions, so I figure it is important enough to make my first post about this great event:
-=Yes I have finally received the 2nd part as I type (from Jolla Asia).=-

Thanks Jolla, this means a week of food in these parts! :)

Fear not! It’s never too late for the first refund post.

Congrats, mate.

borghal
2017-11-08, 12:54
FWIW, I just got my second half of refund. Fair play to Jolla for refunding even though the process was flawed! Now, what to spend the money on? 😃

Dave999
2017-11-08, 18:31
FWIW, I just got my second half of refund. Fair play to Jolla for refunding even though the process was flawed! Now, what to spend the money on? 😃

A beer?

https://blog.jolla.com/second_phase_refund/

pichlo
2017-11-10, 06:15
I would invest into spirits. The only commodity where you get 40%.

borghal
2017-11-10, 12:22
I would invest into spirits. The only commodity where you get 40%.

I'll be looking into that 🍻😉

gerbick
2017-11-10, 18:04
Still waiting...

Dave999
2017-11-14, 16:44
November refund or do we skip One month. Exciting times ahead. Buckle up. It might be a bumpy road.

Dave999
2017-12-11, 11:36
Any Cristmas refund Payment? I guess Jolla have to hurry to make it happen before the holiday s.

We have already experienced one month without refund and two with refunds. So the score: 2 vs 1.

Or will December be remembered as the equalizer?

Dave999
2018-01-01, 11:00
Not sure if the refund program is still working. But it looks like that we are having next to no refunds nowadays. 2018 is here right on time but the refunds are not unfortunately.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/8OrESzoMlIUrC/giphy.gif

bob_bipbip
2018-02-22, 09:28
still waiting, any news?

vistaus
2018-02-22, 09:50
still waiting, any news?

I'm still waiting as well.

Dave999
2018-02-22, 21:11
I'm still waiting as well.

Last update was first of January 2018. An it wasn’t really an update. Atleast no useful information.

Waiting for how many years?

badpixel
2018-02-23, 03:21
Last update was first of January 2018. An it wasn’t really an update. Atleast no useful information.

Waiting for how many years?

To the end of universe and even day longer! ;-)

tommo
2018-02-23, 19:15
This should be changed to ‘Jolla ****s people around for sooo long that 80% don’t care anymore’....

vistaus
2018-09-11, 10:18
I agree with tommo: it's like they don't care anymore as I'm still waiting for the second refund...
I know they're not as rich as Microsoft or whatever other company, but it's not like I'm rich either (I barely make enough to survive!), so after such a long time, it would be nice if they finished the refund.

Dave999
2018-09-11, 13:18
But hey. We are still 20% left that cares about jolla and the refund. :D

I do still think that some of them wants to do the right thing but are blocked by some manager!

The sad thing is not that all isn’t refunded yet. It’s that they didn’t even continued with atleast a few every month and not communicated anything about this for 9 month. Not even a status message.

lokai
2018-11-05, 23:11
I just thought about using some Sony mobile with SFOS and checked since long time my Jolla account.
And guess what?

Nowhere in the account you see any sign of some tablet payment or any open outstanding refunds.
Just nothing.
No possibility to use that lost money for gaining SFOS license(s)!

So :mad: ...

Dave999
2018-11-06, 07:52
I just thought about using some Sony mobile with SFOS and checked since long time my Jolla account.
And guess what?

Nowhere in the account you see any sign of some tablet payment or any open outstanding refunds.
Just nothing.

Yes, It’s sad that not everyone can get the money since jolla obviusly have some money to be able refund a few every month.

If jolla dont even give option to use the money to buy stuff it’s even worse since they lose nothing to let a few users buy it for refund money. Might give you an indication that jolla might trying to ignore the backers and supporters.

It could also mean that you have to wait for Beta version to be able to buy it for refund money?

Amboss
2018-11-06, 12:09
Why are you always claiming "noone"?

I was asked in the first round for the first refund half and again in the second round for the second half. The latter I converted for 2 licences of Sailfish X, of which I use one so far successfully.

pichlo
2018-11-06, 12:39

I don't usually read Dave's "refund" posts, too tedious. But now that you made me, I'd like to point out in all fairness that "no one" and "not everyone" are not the same thing.

Amboss
2018-11-06, 13:41
Whoopsi, my fault ;)

mscion
2018-11-06, 16:53
I think I got the first half refund but not the second. But to be honest, it has been so long I can't even remember if I got the first half back!

gerbick
2018-11-06, 17:08

I was asked in the first round for the first refund half and again in the second round for the second half. The latter I converted for 2 licences of Sailfish X, of which I use one so far successfully.

I do know that I can purchase the license while shopping via VPN (set to Germany for instance) but converting my second refund into licenses was not an option for me in the US.

Dave999
2018-11-06, 23:19
I don't usually read Dave's "refund" posts, too tedious. But now that you made me, I'd like to point out in all fairness that "no one" and "not everyone" are not the same thing.

Me nither. I’m always trying to keep it to a minimum nowdays but it’s good to bring up the subject from time to time. After all. It was jolla who initiated the refund all those years ago and keep the 2nd refund open for everyone during the years to come.

We just have to wait.

JulmaHerra
2018-11-07, 11:02
And guess what?

Just nothing.

I checked my also, it cannot be found directly. However, I tried the URL sent to me via email asking about interest for Sailfish X license instead and there the amounts can still be seen. About refunds in general, IMO they should have already been able to handle them. Waiting for it for years is just ridiculous.

Dave999
2018-11-07, 18:10
I checked my also, it cannot be found directly. However, I tried the URL sent to me via email asking about interest for Sailfish X license instead and there the amounts can still be seen. About refunds in general, IMO they should have already been able to handle them. Waiting for it for years is just ridiculous.

I second that.

vistaus
2019-03-18, 11:52
Still no second refund round... Come on, Jolla!

tommo
2019-03-18, 18:51

I’m sure Jolla don’t read this forum . You should contact them directly, where they won’t give a **** either!

vistaus
2019-03-18, 19:03
I’m sure Jolla don’t read this forum . You should contact them directly, where they won’t give a **** either!

Then why bother contacting them if they won't give a **** there either?

tommo
2019-03-18, 22:55
Then why bother contacting them if they won't give a **** there either?

Just a joke ... a bit like the refunds

richie
2019-03-19, 22:10

Where is the Jolla blog they said they would keep updated on the tablet refunds? I remember reading it months ago, but I can't find it.

I read Jolla had some profitable months in 2018, https://techcrunch.com/2019/03/09/the-other-smartphone-business/

And *I think* refunds would take place if Jolla had profit in a month and interested to read the blog again.

vistaus
2020-06-29, 12:05
At this point, I'll just give up. We'll never see the remainder of our money again.

mscion
2020-06-29, 14:32
It's been so long I forget what happened? Did everyone get a partial refund? I had ordered one and don't remember. Guess I can check old emails. Regardless, anyone know what the current status of Jolla is? Last I heard they were bought up by Russian investors and focusing on the security side of things. Do they actually market a phone anymore?

hardy_magnus
2020-06-29, 17:57
this thread is alive !:D
i thought refund thing was over and everyone including dave was happy.

aspergerguy
2020-06-29, 18:20
It's been so long I forget what happened? Did everyone get a partial refund? Do they actually market a phone anymore?

Nearest you got to a refund was voucher(s) to use against purchase of Sailfish X license(s) No phones marketed in an age but now dependent upon availability of Sony AOSP devices for Sailfish Android App Support.

peterleinchen
2020-06-29, 18:34
At this point, I'll just give up. We'll never see the remainder of our money again.

Did you really expect so?
I gave up years ago and was gladly surprised with the first refund round!
The rest is to be seen as kind of donation or advance payment for SFOS licenses (as aspergerguy said: vouchers for the next years).

kinggo
2020-06-29, 18:46
don't mind me, just checking if Dave is back

mscion
2020-06-30, 01:09
don't mind me, just checking if Dave is back

Who's Dave?

Wasmachinemann-NL
2020-06-30, 09:36
Who's Dave?
Dave999.

10char

mscion
2020-06-30, 09:45
Dave999.

10char

Who's Dave999?

EDIT:HaHa. Just kidding. Everybody knows that Dave999 comes from the famous line spoken by the alien in the movie The Day The Earth Stood Still. "Klaatu barada nikto 999 dave" The translation has been debated but it has been suggested that it means give dave his refund or the robot will destroy the earth.

atlochowski
2020-06-30, 10:28

If you want some answer from Jolla you should ask on community meeting

pichlo
2020-07-02, 10:23
Who's Dave999?
<snip>
"Klaatu barada nikto 999 dave"

In my first language, "nikto" means "nobody". Make of it what you will.

Dave999
2021-08-29, 17:53
Got some potential info regarding refund from top secret nikto . Time to get ready for for your refund. Hopefully. It should happen any day now...
https://www.androidauthority.com/jolla-sailfish-os-profit-2739168/

robthebold
2021-08-29, 21:20
From the same story . . .

Its latest product is AppSupport for Linux Platforms, bringing Android app support to Linux-based platforms such as automotive infotainment systems and other embedded systems.

Wait, what? How'd I miss that news?

(Oh yeah, my rock I've been hiding under for like, I dunno, 18 months or so.)

Dave999
2021-09-06, 07:17
Looks like I managed to get the missing dollars from the Jolla tablets funding. So if you are looking for the second refund. Contact Jolla and see if that is possible.
Thanks jolla for settling the score after 27 years of waiting! :)

Fellfrosch
2021-09-09, 11:13
So now somebody can change the thread title to Dave claims Tablet refunds 100% finished

mscion
2021-09-09, 15:46
Just requested mine! So not totally finished.. .

HtheB
2021-09-09, 16:23
Just requested mine! So not totally finished.. .

Who did you ask to? :p

mscion
2021-09-09, 17:13
Hi, If you have received a previous partial refund I would reply to that email notification and nicely request the remainder of refund. The advantage of that is that Jolla would likely have all your info readily available. You could also email request to care@jolla.zendesk.com

Hope that helps!

mscion
2021-09-15, 06:32
Refund and done! Jolla came through!! The past few years were not an easy period for them. At the time the tablet came out, few companies inspired and gave hope of a Linux based phone and tablet. I'm glad they have finally turned a profit. I wish them success in the future.

gerbick
2021-09-18, 20:22
Funnily enough, Jolla paid my refund for my tablet as well. Done and done now.

mscion
2021-09-19, 04:01
Funnily enough, Jolla paid my refund for my tablet as well. Done and done now.

Did you recently request the refund or did it magically appear?

gerbick
2021-09-19, 04:20
Did you recently request the refund or did it magically appear?

I requested it July 7th, forgot about the request. They completed it July 8th.

mscion
2021-09-19, 13:20
I requested it July 7th, forgot about the request. They completed it July 8th.

Yes, but what prompted you to contact Jolla? I had heard that Jolla had finally turned a profit and suggested to Dave999 he might consider contacting them for his refund. When he succeeded I went ahead and did same.

gerbick
2021-09-19, 22:57
Yes, but what prompted you to contact Jolla? I had heard that Jolla had finally turned a profit and suggested to Dave999 he might consider contacting them for his refund. When he succeeded I went ahead and did same.

Honestly, I just randomly remembered that I was owed money. Reached out, asked for an update, got the second part of my refund. No other prompts.

tommo
2021-09-24, 08:19
I really thought this was a wind up , but it seems Jolla are actually handing out the rest of the money! Not sure why they can’t email everyone involved but hey ho…
Now it’s time for mysterious michael to offer a refund for the second tablet ��

HtheB
2021-12-30, 10:53
I've also got my second refund now for the Tablet.

I've contacted Jolla, they've told me to open up a ticket with a request to receive a link for the refund tool.
The second refund was very quickly done.