PDA

View Full Version : Intex Aqua Fish "official" launch

deutch1976
2016-06-29, 14:16
Will it be launched on July 5th as link above?
http://www.91mobiles.com/intex-aqua-fish-price-in-india

Market Status: Coming Soon**
Updated on:Jun 29, 2016
Release Date: Jul 05, 2016 (Expected)

**:rolleyes:

deutch1976
2016-07-04, 09:52
Will it be available tomorrow? :confused:

Jozz
2016-07-05, 08:25
Is there any news about this. I just checked the Intex website. Nothing changed as far as I could see.

I think we will know more soon.

hardy_magnus
2016-07-05, 10:13
im really piss#d off.

ka9yhd
2016-07-05, 10:18
I will believe it when I see it....

hardy_magnus
2016-07-05, 11:33
searching used nokia n9 64gb ........not found
searching sams*ng with dual sim, dedicated card slot, full hd screen and snapdragon processor ........... not found.

nodevel
2016-07-05, 12:23
I'm not sure what everyone's mad about - some random website set the date to 5th of July without any source... These websites (like PhoneArena) are wrong 99% of the time, make up stories and are often wrong even if they do cite a source, which wasn't the case here.

I'm not saying everything's fine and dandy, but if you want to derive the launch date, choose a more reliable source first.

EDIT: I know it's easy to say now, but I'd be really surprised if the news was right. Either way, I can imagine how mad would future Jolla C owners (myself not included) be if Intex dared to sell it before they get their device. Just like with Jolla 1 :)

ste-phan
2016-07-05, 12:38
Still not there?

That Intex looks suspiciously a Jolla the first one.

If you want I can post some updated future specs for 2017 including 3GB RAM, Octacore, worse camera etc to be released soon in 2018.

cvp
2016-07-05, 12:39
word!

wait until end this month. Jolla C will send end this month too....maybe :P

maybe intex will than release some informations. Maybe is the SFOS 2.0.2.xx not ready for public release and Intex wait until all bugs or translations are fixed. Speculations here and there.

hardy_magnus
2016-07-05, 13:43
I'm not sure what everyone's mad about - some random website set the date to 5th of July without any source... These websites (like PhoneArena) are wrong 99% of the time, make up stories and are often wrong even if they do cite a source, which wasn't the case here.

I'm not saying everything's fine and dandy, but if you want to derive the launch date, choose a more reliable source first.

EDIT: I know it's easy to say now, but I'd be really surprised if the news was right. Either way, I can imagine how mad would future Jolla C owners (myself not included) be if Intex dared to sell it before they get their device. Just like with Jolla 1 :)

oh hel* i am angry friend. but angry with me only for waiting such a long time for a showcase device. the arrangement between jolla and intex was announced last year same month. no waiting this time. i will buy the andr*id crap finally. time to buy lyf with unlimited 4g for 3 months.

nodevel
2016-07-05, 14:33
oh hel* i am angry friend. but angry with me only for waiting such a long time for a showcase device. the arrangement between jolla and intex was announced last year same month. no waiting this time. i will buy the andr*id crap finally. time to buy lyf with unlimited 4g for 3 months.

I understand, but I think Intex's release is improbable before all the testing devices are well tested in the hands of the community and most importantly before the final 2.0.2.x release where the dual SIM support will be introduced.

By the way, just out of curiosity - why didn't you apply for the Jolla C device? Did you miss the chance, or are you in India yourself? Because IMHO outside of India, the no warranty argument is pretty much moot, as Jolla C should get at least some unofficial help/advice from Jolla, but with the Intex Aqua Fish, it will be easier to buy a new one than go through the procedure of sending it to someone in India.

lantern
2016-07-05, 15:06
nodevel
With price of 100$ you can purchase a couple of them right away :)

herpderp
2016-07-05, 16:00
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-4263-I-expect-nothing-and-still-Im-OPyw.gif

hardy_magnus
2016-07-05, 16:42
I understand, but I think Intex's release is improbable before all the testing devices are well tested in the hands of the community and most importantly before the final 2.0.2.x release where the dual SIM support will be introduced.

By the way, just out of curiosity - why didn't you apply for the Jolla C device? Did you miss the chance, or are you in India yourself? Because IMHO outside of India, the no warranty argument is pretty much moot, as Jolla C should get at least some unofficial help/advice from Jolla, but with the Intex Aqua Fish, it will be easier to buy a new one than go through the procedure of sending it to someone in India.

what they r doing is gud for them. i am in india and wanted to buy intex aqua fish instead of jolla c. now i am done with sailfish. now i keep searching about a used n9 and a s*msung with full hd screen, dual sim support and a dedicated card slot priced under $350 and the funny thing is both are impossible to find.

chenliangchen
2016-07-05, 17:19
I fear Juno will return to Earth before this device is released...

deutch1976
2016-07-06, 08:25
New date?
Market Status: Coming Soon
Updated on:Jul 06, 2016
Release Date: Nov 05, 2016 (Expected)

cvp
2016-07-06, 08:57
same source ? :D

prosper
2016-07-06, 11:06
what they r doing is gud for them. i am in india and wanted to buy intex aqua fish instead of jolla c. now i am done with sailfish. now i keep searching about a used n9 and a s*msung with full hd screen, dual sim support and a dedicated card slot priced under $350 and the funny thing is both are impossible to find.

you can check Polish auction site called Allegro, some of the sellers can send abroad. unfortunately no english version, but u can use google translate. No need to set an account, secure payment via PayU. Here are some N9 picks:
http://allegro.pl/nokia-n9-107009

lal
2016-07-06, 16:39
I fear Juno will return to Earth before this device is released...

That explicitly translates "NEVER" :D as Juno will eventually end up in Jupiter's atmosphere!

hardy_magnus
2016-07-06, 16:52
you can check Polish auction site called Allegro, some of the sellers can send abroad. unfortunately no english version, but u can use google translate. No need to set an account, secure payment via PayU. Here are some N9 picks:
http://allegro.pl/nokia-n9-107009

i dont have a credit card and indian debit cards dont work on international websites. PAYU????..... gotta see this. thanx bro

lal
2016-07-14, 13:04
Asked Intex about possible launch date of AquaFish over Facebook, Intex says
The product is still in tests and talks. The launch date hasn't been set yet. We still would have to wait for it. Team Intex

It has been on tests for quite long. Guess Intex has the most stringent quality assurance plan :D

mikecomputing
2016-07-14, 19:11
Asked Intex about possible launch date of AquaFish over Facebook, Intex says

It has been on tests for quite long. Guess Intex has the most stringent quality assurance plan :D

It sounds more like they have not yet decided if they should go sailfish route.

elastic
2016-07-14, 22:11

Yeah an Jolla is selling the already produced devices as JollaC to keep the damage low ;-)

Fellfrosch
2016-07-15, 06:58

I don't think so. If they have already a nearly finished product, I think it is more expensive to stop it at that state, than to just give it a try.

lantern
2016-07-15, 09:17
Yeah, give it a try and then handle the customers support who have no experience with anything besides android.

eekkelund
2016-07-16, 03:49
They started selling the Aqua Fish?
https://m.ebay.in/itm/282098603976?_mwBanner=1
Price 5499,00Rs. 47 units sold so far :)

padmaraj.ravi
2016-07-16, 04:48
How is this happening? No press launch ? Or has intex backed out and is someone selling off their scrap?

cvp
2016-07-16, 06:17
nice price, 75€ ;) Jolla takes more than the double :P

eson
2016-07-16, 06:47
Specs says...

Operating System Android :D

lal
2016-07-16, 07:00

I just contacted the supplier over phone asking about the product. Ehh, he says it is available online but just that Intex hasn't made it available in stores. And he claims to be a direct dealer to Intex products, hailing from Bangalore. Not quite believable information there. Wondering if I should try ordering one :rolleyes:

mrsellout
2016-07-16, 07:14
Try asking him for updated pics, those are from Feb.

szopin
2016-07-16, 07:16
Specs says...

:D

And then:
Operating System Version Name
Sailfish OS 2.0

Guess googlers got tired of promoting obesity through sweets

nodevel
2016-07-16, 10:10
nice price, 75€ ;) Jolla takes more than the double :P

Come on, not this misinterpretation again...

Intex Aqua Fish is a heavily subsidized device (by Snapdeal and others) and includes advertisements right in the system in the form of Super Apps (formerly known as Partner Space).

Jolla C is slightly modified (screen protector, different back cover and packaging) and has different OS without any advertisement. So not just no subsidy, but also making these differentiations on such a small scale (~1500 devices) is naturally more expensive than doing in on Intex's scale. Jolla C's price is 136€ (which is not "more than double", by the way) including worldwide shipping and Jolla has previously claimed that they make no profit on it. Plus its price includes different developer programs and future learning courses.

That being said, the eBay way of selling it, especially over the weekend, is more than fishy and until proven otherwise, I'll assume it is not a good news for SailfishOS in India.

EDIT: What's actually great about Jolla C being released is that there is now a drop in solution for importing Intex Aqua Fish devices to Europe and the rest of the world. We should be able to make a dd copy of Jolla C's internal system and flash it on Aqua Fish, getting rid of ads and all Intex modifications. So you're welcome everybody, we paid "less than double" the price so you can enjoy a cheaper alternative :p

cvp
2016-07-16, 11:26
Dont worry, i am kidding. I know that there is more payments for the Limited Edition.

nthn
2016-07-16, 12:44
I just contacted the supplier over phone asking about the product. Ehh, he says it is available online but just that Intex hasn't made it available in stores. And he claims to be a direct dealer to Intex products, hailing from Bangalore. Not quite believable information there. Wondering if I should try ordering one :rolleyes:
Well, it says "Cash On Delivery" is an available payment option, I don't think they would make that possible if it were a scam.

nodevel
2016-07-16, 13:13
Well, it says "Cash On Delivery" is an available payment option, I don't think they would make that possible if it were a scam.

And now it is officially denounced (https://together.jolla.com/question/138084/official-statement-fakestolen-intex-aqua-fish-on-ebay/) as scam (Fake/Stolen devices) by Jolla:

Hi all!

Please be advised that the eBay listings for Intex Aqua Fish (Or as a matter of fact any other listing on the internet) is either fake or stolen device(s).

The product on sale is not officially launched by Intex yet and has the demo software from MWC installed on it. Thus to our understanding this particular device (Shown in the pictures of that eBay listing) is stolen and is sold illegally.

Please do not attempt to buy the device prior to the official launch.

As a bonus, you might want to report any eBay listing you see that sells the Aqua Fish to eBay.

Cheers

James

Interesting times we live in :) Sounds suspiciously similar to the Jolla Tablet Taobao situation (and now I am even tempted to buy it; I missed the train with Taobao). Also the second offering (http://www.ebay.in/itm/Intex-Aqua-FISH-with-Qual-Comm-Snapdragon-4G-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-8-0-2-0-/142056036614?hash=item2113331906:g:U4AAAOSwIgNXido G) features 7% discount code and is from a Top-rated seller with 98% Positive feedback.

EDIT: Update as an answer to my question at TJC:

Please be advised that his person might not even have the devices available and there is no way to confirm. He might have only 1 device which he has taken pictures of. This will not be the only possibility for buying this device I can assure you that much. Intex and Jolla are working hard together to bring the devices to the market ASAP.

feedme
2016-07-16, 14:11
And now it is officially denounced (https://together.jolla.com/question/138084/official-statement-fakestolen-intex-aqua-fish-on-ebay/) as scam (Fake/Stolen devices) by Jolla:

Interesting times we live in :) Sounds suspiciously similar to the Jolla Tablet Taobao situation (and now I am even tempted to buy it; I missed the train with Taobao). Also the second offering (http://www.ebay.in/itm/Intex-Aqua-FISH-with-Qual-Comm-Snapdragon-4G-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-8-0-2-0-/142056036614?hash=item2113331906:g:U4AAAOSwIgNXido G) features 7% discount code and is from a Top-rated seller with 98% Positive feedback.

Pricing and reductions and "MCW" sw give a hint that the devices (how many ?) are demo/ pre series devices left "floating " somewhere and some one has found a way to make some "bucks" by selling those to ebay seller, knowing that there is a demand.

anyway, my JollaC is now in Liege waiting for next flight .
ps. writing this with Jtab from T.. :)

mosen
2016-07-16, 15:27
*snip*
Also the second offering (http://www.ebay.in/itm/Intex-Aqua-FISH-with-Qual-Comm-Snapdragon-4G-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-8-0-2-0-/142056036614?hash=item2113331906:g:U4AAAOSwIgNXido G) features 7% discount code and is from a Top-rated seller with 98% Positive feedback.

Is it only me or are the promotional pictures used in that ebay article unpublished as of now.
I can not remember seeing an AquaFish sticked into beach sand.
Where did they get them?

padmaraj.ravi
2016-07-16, 15:56
Even i haven't noticed those pictures anywhere till now. They seem to have got hold of some kind of intex promotion deck as well. It looks like an official advertisement brochure.

Slate
2016-07-16, 16:30

In the e-bay site it is stated that "Delivery: 26 Jul - 31 Jul"

A move by Intex might happen before this. Finally the launch? Cancellation of the official launch and sale via Snapdeal? Something else?

lal
2016-07-16, 16:46
The pictures there look like a scanned version of accompanying booklet, if there is one. The second last picture says maximum retail price as 8999 and lists kit contents! Was there some document like that delivered with Jolla C?

theonelaw
2016-07-17, 03:55
I just happen to be arriving Delhi tomorrow, don't suppose the vendor could send anywhere near there ?
probably a bit distant for waiting something like that I suppose.
I would buy two just out of sheer curiousity...

ka9yhd
2016-07-17, 06:09
Found this on Twitter.

Hi all!

Please be advised that the eBay listings for Intex Aqua Fish (Or as a matter of fact any other listing on the internet) is either fake or stolen device(s).

The product on sale is not officially launched by Intex yet and has the demo software from MWC installed on it. Thus to our understanding this particular device (Shown in the pictures of that eBay listing) is stolen and is sold illegally.

Please do not attempt to buy the device prior to the official launch.

As a bonus, you might want to report any eBay listing you see that sells the Aqua Fish to eBay.

Cheers

James

https://together.jolla.com/question/138084/official-statement-fakestolen-intex-aqua-fish-on-ebay/

mikecomputing
2016-07-17, 09:00
Found this on Twitter.

https://together.jolla.com/question/138084/official-statement-fakestolen-intex-aqua-fish-on-ebay/

What *****s do beleive that top rated sellers on ebay means the stuff they sell can not have been stolen!?

tommo
2016-07-17, 10:32
'stolen' is a big claim, nearly as big as 'lying'.....

lal
2016-07-17, 10:55
I just happen to be arriving Delhi tomorrow, don't suppose the vendor could send anywhere near there ?
probably a bit distant for waiting something like that I suppose.
I would buy two just out of sheer curiousity...

The second vendor in eBay seems to be based in Delhi. It should be possible to be delivered in a very short time. But anyway, it depends on where the stock is! May be you should try contacting the vendor over email.

HtheB
2016-07-17, 10:58
The ebay seller does only ship to India :(

ka9yhd
2016-07-17, 21:24

Yes that is a very big accusation against some top rated businesses on ebay.
So these top rated businesses are going to take a hit all because Jolla says so? And notice this came from Jolla and not Intex.
Show us the proof that these ads are scams or stolen devices.
Personally I would never do any business with or support Jolla.

mrsellout
2016-07-17, 21:41
Erm, Jolla have spoken as a duty of care to their community.

The pictures shown on the listing appear to be from February, which probably means that they are someone else's taken at MWC. I would be very unwilling to part with money from such a listing without proof that they actually have them.

Jolla's statement probably comes after communications with Intex, who don't have ANY rapport yet with the Sailfish community.

But hey **** Jolla and buy one if you wish, it's a free world.

mariusmssj
2016-07-17, 22:39
>>This one<< (http://www.ebay.in/itm/Intex-Aqua-FISH-with-Qual-Comm-Snapdragon-4G-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-8-0-2-0-/142056036614?hash=item2113331906:g:U4AAAOSwIgNXido G) seems the most interesting, as the seller mostly sell only Intex phones and has pretty good ratings.

Zero Six
2016-07-18, 02:08
wow, Rs. 5,499.00.
really value for money if it is the real price on officially launching day.
too bad it's only available in india.

thedead1440
2016-07-18, 02:58
It could simply be that Intex have "unofficially" handed over these devices to such sellers so that they don't have to be responsible for any warranty claims etc while also technically not being in breach of any contract with Jolla as they can simply claim the devices were "stolen".

mariusmssj
2016-07-18, 06:25
It could simply be that Intex have "unofficially" handed over these devices to such sellers so that they don't have to be responsible for any warranty claims etc while also technically not being in breach of any contract with Jolla as they can simply claim the devices were "stolen".

Wouldn't be the first time this happens in India.

lal
2016-07-18, 07:12
I just received the weirdest and probably the most unexpected reply from Intex when asked about the AquaFish phones available on eBay. Check this,

Quoting myself: I asked, following up on my previous days conversation, "Are there any confirmations or clarifications in this regard.. Hi, I meant the devices available on eBay"
And Intex replied:
Hi lal, we just checked it and we are happy to inform you that it is officially available on ebay. You can buy it from ebay and we hope that you would have a great experience of the phone.
Team Intex

And this contradicts Jolla's claims!

kinggo
2016-07-18, 07:26
LOL, just LOL.......
that sailfish really lives in muddy water all over the world

lantern
2016-07-18, 07:39
That is amazing... lol.

lantern
2016-07-18, 07:40
Now, who's from India can resell them with shipping all over the world?

Could somebody tell sellers to list the phone on ebay.com with world-wide shipping?

mariusmssj
2016-07-18, 07:56
Now, who's from India can resell them with shipping all over the world?

Could somebody tell sellers to list the phone on ebay.com with world-wide shipping?

We now definitely need someone who would resell to Europe. I would buy one right away!!!

mosen
2016-07-18, 09:06
And this contradicts Jolla's claims!

Drumroll + *Marvin Gaye moment (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzPA-FrVu3I#t=1m30s)*

KylliOrvokki
2016-07-18, 09:07
Intex Aqua Fish pages have a new look.
Or at least I have not seen this look before.

http://www.intex.in/mobile/smartphone/aqua-fish/

virgi26
2016-07-18, 09:12
Intex Aqua Fish pages have a new look.
Or at least I have not seen this look before.

it's definitely looks different.

tommo
2016-07-18, 09:32
So it's official, AquaFish is officially available on ebay India, with someone from jolla saying the are officially stolen!

After the last 18 months, this sounds about right....

Bundyo
2016-07-18, 09:57
Hmm

http://www.intex.in/mobile/smartphone/aqua-fish/support.html

Where can I buy the Games?

Games are available for downloading from Play Store.

Does it really have official Play Store?

EDIT: No, all Android info there, seems the pages are still WIP.

P@t
2016-07-18, 11:30
definitely official: https://twitter.com/IntexBrand/status/754987331011088384

but let's say this seems a low-profile launch :o

mosen
2016-07-18, 11:32
More confirmation from Intex.
They outright push people to buy at ebay sellers? (https://twitter.com/IntexBrand/status/754987331011088384)

The linked article (https://m.ebay.in/itm/Intex-Aqua-Fish-4G-LTE-with-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-5-2GB-RAM-16-GB-8MP-/282098603976) mentions 98 sold devices from seller "lowpriceshoppee".

And a copy from TJC, James answer to nodevel, at least one seller is propably legit.

*snip* It all might come down to a miscommunication in the end. But we are still unsure about one of the eBay sellers. If you are going to get yourself an Aqua Fish device, get it from the person with 98% feedback. That one is allegedly legit, as Intex has confirmed.

Android_808
2016-07-18, 13:07
Good that it's available..in India. Anyone found it available to ship internationally?

nthn
2016-07-18, 13:08
Official product launch on eBay, brilliant!

TMavica
2016-07-18, 16:08
Anyone know the dimensions and weight of AquaFish with the box?

eson
2016-07-18, 16:16
Anyone know the dimensions and weight of AquaFish with the box?

149x79x33 mm; 228g

Edit:
Forget about it. My mistake. The numbers are for Jolla C.
I guess Aquafish box is bigger.

TMavica
2016-07-18, 18:20
149x79x33 mm; 228g

Edit:
Forget about it. My mistake. The numbers are for Jolla C.
I guess Aquafish box is bigger.

Finding it, see how much required if shipping

aegis
2016-07-19, 00:54
Launching on eBay and not telling your partner who then presumed it was stolen. Classy!

hardy_magnus
2016-07-19, 06:39
aqua fish on eBay. I don't believe this.

Pankos
2016-07-19, 09:17
Hi everyone,
I'm from india and want to buy Intex auqa fish,
but i was in a big confusion whether to buy or not. :confused:
The only thing that is pull me back was the processor,
i currently have lumia 920 and Redmi 1s( with Snapdragon 400),
The processor in aqua fish was 212 i feel like getting downgraded .

I want your suggestion .
thank you all. :D

Jozz
2016-07-19, 11:39
Hi Pankos,
You can check the specs of your phones and their CPU's.

Phone comparison: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?&idPhone3=8127&idPhone1=4967&idPhone2=6373
CPU comparison: http://system-on-a-chip.specout.com/compare/286-449-1184/Qualcomm-Snapdragon-S4-MSM8960-vs-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-400-MSM8226-vs-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-212-MSM8909v2

Conclusion: The CPU of the Redmi S1 and the Intex Aqua Fish are not much different. The CPU of the Lumia 920 is a Dual core. The Redmi and the Aqua Fish both use Quad core CPU's. The Aqua Fish has 2GB of RAM, while the Redmi S1 only has 1GB.

Pankos
2016-07-19, 13:48
Hi Pankos,
You can check the specs of your phones and their CPU's.

Phone comparison: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?&idPhone3=8127&idPhone1=4967&idPhone2=6373
CPU comparison: http://system-on-a-chip.specout.com/compare/286-449-1184/Qualcomm-Snapdragon-S4-MSM8960-vs-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-400-MSM8226-vs-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-212-MSM8909v2

Conclusion: The CPU of the Redmi S1 and the Intex Aqua Fish are not much different. The CPU of the Lumia 920 is a Dual core. The Redmi and the Aqua Fish both use Quad core CPU's. The Aqua Fish has 2GB of RAM, while the Redmi S1 only has 1GB.

The only reason for getting intex aqua fish was to install JDK on it :D:D:D
anyways will buy it tomorrow :D

lantern
2016-07-19, 13:49
http://youtu.be/TlP9RkbsYKw?a

padmaraj.ravi
2016-07-20, 08:51
Available in amazon as well now.

http://www.amazon.in/Intex-Aqua-Fish-Orange/dp/B01IHFLXB4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469004603&sr=8-2&keywords=aquafish

Ebay powership does not ship to rural parts of India. Amazon has india wide shipping.

theonelaw
2016-07-20, 13:47
http://youtu.be/TlP9RkbsYKw?a

He just posted a first light video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8xg-OcuKbM

I am in Delhi this week,
hope I can find one to buy while I am here on other business.

wow: just discovered I am 15minute walk from INTEX,
gotta see if I can get a few minutes to get over there.

zenecho
2016-07-20, 14:39

So is "soon" bigger or smaller?

TMavica
2016-07-20, 14:45
Anyone tried this ?
http://www.maxbhi.com/battery-for-intex-aqua-fish.html

Spare battery for AquaFish or JollaC, 483 RS only

tommo
2016-07-20, 17:02
So is "soon" bigger or smaller?

'soon' is massive!
Unless its the kind of soon we are used to with Jolla..... so far in the distance it looks tiny.

eson
2016-07-21, 05:23
Finding it, see how much required if shipping
140x138x38 mm and the weight is 500 g.

https://together.jolla.com/question/138070/info-intex-aqua-fish-for-sale-on-ebayamazon/?answer=138629#post-id-138629

deutch1976
2016-07-21, 13:32
Updated website with shoping option for Rs 5499 (75€)

Release Date: Jul 13, 2016 (Official)

http://www.91mobiles.com/intex-aqua-fish-price-in-india

Pankos
2016-07-21, 16:04
I got it for 5114 rupees with coupon, that's around €68.9 ,.

padmaraj.ravi
2016-07-22, 06:27
Since aquafish and jolla c are the exact same hardware , is it possible that both of them are clones of some existing chinese android phones ? Considering almost all indian manufactures sell rebranded chinese phones , is there a possiblity of finding that cheap chinese android phone , aquafish is a clone of? The sailfish rom from aquafish/jollac would be perfect fit for such a phone right?

mosen
2016-07-22, 15:25
And "another" official launch (https://twitter.com/IntexBrand/status/756493925263642624)!?!
This time retweeted by Jolla :)

eson
2016-07-22, 15:31
And "another" official launch
The sailfish mutated into a goldfish. :D

Android_808
2016-07-22, 15:32
Can you remove the partner space items easily?

mosen
2016-07-22, 16:45
Can you remove the partner space items easily?

Yes, simply uninstall the "promoted" app (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1510438&postcount=818) within your favorite android appstore.
A streaming service called "Ganaa" in case of AquaFish (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1510445&postcount=820).

The sailfish mutated into a goldfish. :D
Or a clownfishy play on the standard username nemo?

Veraendert
2016-07-22, 17:14
To be fair, we´re talking about a device that will likely sell but a few thousand pieces. That´s nothing by today´s standards.

feedme
2016-07-22, 18:30
To be fair, we´re talking about a device that will likely sell but a few thousand pieces. That´s nothing by today´s standards.

This all depends on the apps. The price is cheap, the platform is solid.
Indian guys are fast , if there is "'cook book" or even bundle made how to get all installed and running , I think that the forecast needs to be " calibrated" . But if there is no such things ready, this will be some thousands. There are tons of cheap android option available. Running cheap android vs. aqua F. .... no question a bout winner if apps...

theonelaw
2016-07-23, 03:08

That may be true, but there are few points to consider.

In today's marketplace you can be sold anything at all (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96413).

The questions then arise
1. - is it real ?
2. - is it pure rubbish ?
3. - is it regretware ?
4. - or is it merely awkward to use ?

1. yes, it is real shopkeepers here in New Delhi confirm.

2. I am not hearing this anywhere:
I spent last night running around New Delhi
trying to snag one at local shop.
The look of anguish on the shopkeepers faces
as I told them I could not be talked into buying an Android phone was priceless
when they realized it was something they actually knew something about.

3. is it regretware - maybe:
we are not hearing any stories about how the battery immolates itself,
or the screen disintegrates,
or the connection is always lost,
but by the same measure we are not hearing any
'OMG - you gotta get one of these things. Now'stories
The definition of regretware would be something that
merely works but not to any standard of 'well'.

4. is it awkward to use? - maybe
this may be why Intex is so hesitant to stick their neck out

(Yes I may end up Amazon or other but still trying to buy off shelf)

padmaraj.ravi
2016-07-23, 04:25
And "another" official launch (https://twitter.com/IntexBrand/status/756493925263642624)!?!

Funny thing is , in amazon, one seller sells it at official MRP of 8999 Rs while another guy sells the same thing at 5499 Rs.

http://www.amazon.in/Intex-Aqua-Fish-Orange/dp/B01IHFLXB4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469247703&sr=8-1&keywords=aquafish

http://www.amazon.in/Intex-Aqua-Fish-Orange/dp/B01IHFLXB4/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=AUNTDL2B04UT6

That is almost a 30 % mark down. Where did he even get hold of the devices.

EDIT : Amazon sellers changed the pricing now. Sailfish gets an entry in the official intex product portfolio page with an official price of 5499. Now i think the official intex launch was being delayed due to the site updating delay and some intex dealers already posted their listing unknowingly. All well. Posted a 5 star feedback in their aquafish page. May be that will encourage them to look more towards sailfish :D

pichlo
2016-07-23, 07:09

"Sorry, that page doesn't exist"

Do you happen to have a working link?

bhavin192
2016-07-23, 10:35
I was expecting something big from intex for the launch but suddenly it was available to buy :confused:

From twitter accounts @JollaHQ @IntexBrand
We can say it's available officially

https://twitter.com/IntexBrand/status/756733115582689281

https://twitter.com/JollaHQ/status/755376660682252288

Better to buy from ebay with 10% discount
http://www.ebay.in/itm/142056036614

Official page for device

Pim
2016-07-23, 12:34
The Intex page

has a link to ebay

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Intex-Aqua-Fish-4G-LTE-with-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-5-2GB-RAM-16-GB-8MP-/282098603976?hash=item41ae6317c8:g:egEAAOSwanRXhis G

Which states:

FREE Flat Rate Courier - Delivery anywhere in India | See details

Item location: India, India

Ships to: Americas, Europe, Asia

mosen
2016-07-23, 12:43
"Sorry, that page doesn't exist"

Do you happen to have a working link?

Oh, a typo... here you are pichlo
(https://twitter.com/IntexBrand/status/756733115582689281)
I guess its the same as the others posted.

kinggo
2016-07-23, 13:12
has a link to ebay

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Intex-Aqua-Fish-4G-LTE-with-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-5-2GB-RAM-16-GB-8MP-/282098603976?hash=item41ae6317c8:g:egEAAOSwanRXhis G

Which states:

FREE Flat Rate Courier - Delivery anywhere in India | See details

Item location: India, India

Ships to: Americas, Europe, Asia
Is this 4 real? Phone + shipping is less than 100€.
So with import tax and local VAT it should be ~130€. Not that I need one but still....

padmaraj.ravi
2016-07-23, 13:55
Got my aquafish today. It is surprisingly well put togather for a 5499 rs phone. The packaging is impressive and is way better than usual Intex phones. Comes with some kind of android store preinstalled. Whatsapp , telegram etc works. I was also impressed by the local language support. Especially south indian languages. Not that i am going to use it. But the phone all together felt like a big value for money proposition. At that price , i am seriously considering ordering one more.

theonelaw
2016-07-23, 16:10
Got my aquafish today. It is surprisingly well put togather for a 5499 rs phone. The packaging is impressive and is way better than usual Intex phones. ...
I hope it lives up to expectations.

Unhappily, I am leaving New Delhi empty handed.
The stores had none,
I had no time to invest in ebay either.

I visited the Intex headquarters (Okhla Phase 2 D-19)
on my way out to the airport,
but they had no idea where to buy the phone.
They sent me off to service center (Okhla B-74)
where the staff had never heard of it.
From there they directed me to their warehouse at Okhla A-138.
Nowhere did they have the device,
and no one knew of any store or shop in which to buy it.
Piles and piles of cartons of phones were moving,
but none of them appeared to be the Aqua Fish.

Strange adventure.

feedme
2016-07-23, 18:46
Is this 4 real? Phone + shipping is less than 100€.
So with import tax and local VAT it should be ~130€. Not that I need one but still....

Ordered one.
Afterwards got a request from ebay.co,uk& paisapay to send photo of creditcard and latest statement ..( by email or FAX??) in oder to verify that card is in right hands.

We'll huraah really safe. Send an answer requesting them to prove their id.
Maybe shoud send a gas bill too (unfortunally no gas , very rare in Finland... only some very old houses in the mid. Helsinki) ( I think in Britain this kind of thing is used traditionally) :confused:
We'll see what's the outcome.

The total bill was around 96 € with shipping , so that is ok
adding VAT to that the sum is reasonable.

kinggo
2016-07-23, 19:09
Gas is common here also. I can scan you some bills :D

lal
2016-07-23, 19:25

The stores had none,

Sorry to hear you couldn't grab the fish. If only you had a day more to spare.. The shipping seems quite fast to me. Considering the fact that you were in Delhi, I guess you might have had better luck if you contacted the eBay vendor. Anyway, that moment has passed. I hope you be able to ship an Aqua Fish soon:)

lantern
2016-07-23, 20:53
I don't know, are there any stand-alone FW on sailfish OS devices, not OTA?

I wonder if it's possible to program aqua fish with jollaC fw.

padmaraj.ravi
2016-07-24, 04:39

Interesting . Why would you do that? I was thinking except for partnerspace , aquafish and jolla c are the same. And the partnerspace is removable quickly with just one button press . Are there any other big differences between aquafish and jolla c software?

theonelaw
2016-07-24, 04:40
... Anyway, that moment has passed. I hope you be able to ship an Aqua Fish soon:)

Thanks, I do have a plan B and a fallback plan C,
so eventually I will get one.

I see the Turing thingy appears to actually exit as well,
so I may end up with pockets full of linux.

(I showed the first INTEX desk my n900 and the person
actually recognized it, so maybe there is hope down the road...)

bhavin192
2016-07-24, 05:30

The stores had none,

I visited the Intex headquarters (Okhla Phase 2 D-19)
on my way out to the airport,
but they had no idea where to buy the phone.
They sent me off to service center (Okhla B-74)
where the staff had never heard of it.
From there they directed me to their warehouse at Okhla A-138.
Nowhere did they have the device,
and no one knew of any store or shop in which to buy it.
Piles and piles of cartons of phones were moving,
but none of them appeared to be the Aqua Fish.

Strange adventure.

I was wondering for the same

cause the device appeared on ebay suddenly from no where o.O :confused:

You should buy it from ebay or amazon

Thanks, I do have a plan B and a fallback plan C,
so eventually I will get one.

I see the Turing thingy appears to actually exit as well,
so I may end up with pockets full of linux.

(I showed the first INTEX desk my n900 and the person
actually recognized it, so maybe there is hope down the road...)

As @lal said, if you are in Delhi you can contact the seller, his number is at the end of product description. Seller is from Delhi :D:)

mosen
2016-07-24, 12:42
Intex pushes one AquaFish twitter announcement after the other.
From today (https://twitter.com/IntexBrand/status/757145862447308800).
Does this mean it will be the only distribution channel?
We will see...

ZogG
2016-07-24, 13:31
Am I wrong that price is about 80$ (5,500 inr).
So what is the difference in price with Jolla C and why as jolla claimed they did not do any extra money on that one

Bubbless
2016-07-24, 13:47
Am I wrong that price is about 80$ (5,500 inr).
So what is the difference in price with Jolla C and why as jolla claimed they did not do any extra money on that one

LOL, no words. :D

mosen
2016-07-24, 14:18
Jolla C caused some additional costs compared with AquaFish:
Rebranded Battery lid
Screenprotector already applied
A new jolla cardboard box
Handling/shipping between intex / Jolla HK
Courier shipping from HK
possibly import taxes
A community event

But yes, if you ask me, i would have simply taken a forwarded AquaFish with no "extras" from Jolla.
Someone here calculated that he will pay around 120€ ordering from the indian ebay seller. So not that much difference to what i payed for C. Lets see if he has to pay import taxes or if VAT was excluded.

If the 40€ price difference remains, i have no problem if they use them to cross finance the community program, as it was advertised anyway. Remember its a fee to the Program with Phone included.

theonelaw
2016-07-25, 00:49
As @lal said, if you are in Delhi you can contact the seller, his number is at the end of product description. Seller is from Delhi :D:)
Stunned: I did not see his number!. :o
I looked but I was under enormous contract negotiations.

I will revisit this with some Delhi colleagues.

ZogG
2016-07-25, 10:47
Rebranded Battery lid
Courier shipping from HK
possibly import taxes
A community event

But yes, if you ask me, i would have simply taken a forwarded AquaFish with no "extras" from Jolla.
Someone here calculated that he will pay around 120€ ordering from the indian ebay seller. So not that much difference to what i payed for C. Lets see if he has to pay import taxes or if VAT was excluded.

If the 40€ price difference remains, i have no problem if they use them to cross finance the community program, as it was advertised anyway. Remember its a fee to the Program with Phone included.

You forget that Intex is not sold on manufacture price and that shipping, tax, protector and etc are made for not each device individually

eekkelund
2016-07-25, 11:19
Press releases:
From Jolla (https://cdn.jolla.com/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/Jolla_Intex_Aqua_Fish_press_release_July25_2016_74 .pdf)
From Intex (http://www.intex.in/Administration/Resources/BlogRecources/20160722090252.pdf)
:)

deutch1976
2016-07-25, 14:11
Available on Intex website :)

http://www.intex.in/mobiles/smart-phones

mariusmssj
2016-07-25, 14:24
Press releases:
From Jolla (https://cdn.jolla.com/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/Jolla_Intex_Aqua_Fish_press_release_July25_2016_74 .pdf)
From Intex (http://www.intex.in/Administration/Resources/BlogRecources/20160722090252.pdf)
:)

Intex has now said:
The smartphone will also go live on Flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal in the coming weeks.

pichlo
2016-07-25, 14:40
Available on Intex website :)

http://www.intex.in/mobiles/smart-phones

"1.3 GHz Quad Core Processor with Android Sailfis.."

Classic ;)

LameDuck
2016-07-25, 14:59
Rebranded Battery lid
Courier shipping from HK
possibly import taxes
A community event

also

different LTE-bands are supported by Jolla C and Aqua Fish

Jolla C: Bands 1/3/7/20 ( http://jolla.com/jollac )
Aqua Fish: Bands 3/5/40 ( http://www.intex.in/mobile/smartphone/aqua-fish/specifications.html )

Probably it's just a different firmware, but still has big impact on the user. The Aqua Fish LTE bands are not useable for many EU customers (including myself )

lantern
2016-07-25, 15:06
That's why we need a way to flash jollaC fw on it.

ZogG
2016-07-25, 15:07
"1.3 GHz Quad Core Processor with Android Sailfis.."

Classic ;)

http://www.intex.in/intex-sailfish-os/

PEOPLE POWERED
Sailfish OS is people powered and co-created by its own consumers. Finally, there is a mobile ecosystem that balances your personal smartphone style with new ideas and opportunities.

And the youtube video of SailfishOS 2.0 with a lot of tablet scenes, same tablet that did not go very well.

LameDuck
2016-07-25, 15:27
That's why we need a way to flash jollaC fw on it.

Oh, ok, now I understand your question

Well, at the moment the Jolla C FW seems to buggy in terms of LTE support ( https://together.jolla.com/question/137336/bug-lte-with-jolla-c/ ). From an optimistic point of view that could help:
Maybe an updated Jolla C firmware will be released which can be applied to both, the Jolla C and the Aqua Fish :D
(I must admit: I don't know whether this is realistic and/or technically possible)

bhavin192
2016-07-25, 16:13
Oh, ok, now I understand your question

Well, at the moment the Jolla C FW seems to buggy in terms of LTE support ( https://together.jolla.com/question/137336/bug-lte-with-jolla-c/ ). From an optimistic point of view that could help:
Maybe an updated Jolla C firmware will be released which can be applied to both, the Jolla C and the Aqua Fish :D
(I must admit: I don't know whether this is realistic and/or technically possible)
I think except the frequency bands and some apps there is no difference. So managing both phone's updates is not that much hard for them.
Let's hope for same updates for both the phones :):D

LameDuck
2016-07-25, 16:48
Why do Jolla C and Aqua Fish support different bands (and not both of them all bands)?
I first thought there might be a limitation of simultaniously supported bands from the Snapdragon 212, but the Lumia 650, which has the same CPU supports 13 LTE frequency bands ( https://www.microsoft.com/de-at/mobile/mobiltelefone/lumia650-dual-sim/technische-daten/ ). The reasons I can think of are
1) Limitation in other parts of HW or in the sailfish SW
2) "Errors" in the specs (both Jolla C and Aqua Fish support all the bands)
3) Regulatory or license issues

I think 2 can be ruled out (somebody would have found out by now), so any ideas anyone?

hardy_magnus
2016-07-25, 17:00
anyone bought this?

asys3
2016-07-25, 18:00
3) Regulatory or license issues

I think of that. If you search the web about enabling smartphones with less or different LTE bands you find hints that the telco providers want to control prices and markets.
Hope that the Aquafish can be enabled despite of this - it was a pity to see that the amount of Jolla C devices was so low and long time community members had no chance to get one.

eekkelund
2016-07-25, 19:46
anyone bought this?

I bought for my friends.. Hopefully 4G will work in Finland. :D (1800MHz should)

hemiwi
2016-07-25, 20:34
I bought for my friends.. Hopefully 4G will work in Finland. :D (1800MHz should)

Plus 1

BTW anyone wrote an email with Credit Card copy or Bank statement to ebay???

ka9yhd
2016-07-26, 04:01
I like how Jolla claimed the selling of the Intex phone on Ebay was a scam or stolen phones.
Today Jolla tweeted
Press release: #Jolla and @IntexBrand announce the sales start of the #Intex #AquaFish powered by #SailfishOS: https://cdn.jolla.com/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/Jolla_Intex_Aqua_Fish_press_release_July25_2016_74 .pdf …

But when clicking on the link, I get a page not found error.

Jordi
2016-07-26, 04:28
Correct link: https://cdn.jolla.com/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/Jolla_Aqua_Fish_press_release_July25_2016_76.pdf

ka9yhd
2016-07-26, 04:55
Where did you find that link because I just checked Twitter and Jolla is showing the post I shared above with the incorrect link.

bhavin192
2016-07-26, 05:02
Where did you find that link because I just checked Twitter and Jolla is showing the post I shared above with the incorrect link.

Here it is

https://jolla.com/press/

funnysunil
2016-07-26, 06:07
Available on Ebay and Tata CLIQ

Source (http://www.mysmartprice.com/mobile/intex-aqua-fish-msp11016)

padmaraj.ravi
2016-07-26, 07:58
Posted a positive feedback about aquafish in Intex page and got a call back from Intex asking me about the experience in detail :) Seems they are not that uninterested and lazy as i thought.

mariusmssj
2016-07-26, 11:45
That's my only concern if the LTE will work in the UK.

hardy_magnus
2016-07-26, 11:53
Posted a positive feedback about aquafish in Intex page and got a call back from Intex asking me about the experience in detail :) Seems they are not that uninterested and lazy as i thought.

so this means that intex aqua fish is a legit and a good phone, mystery solved , thanks:)

Pankos
2016-07-26, 12:24

Hi ravi i have Intex aqua fish,
everyday my phone was sending sms anonymously to intex customer care number.
are you facing that issue?

Thank you...

padmaraj.ravi
2016-07-26, 13:33
I havent faced the issue. All i get is the service messages for data consumption every now and then. You sure it is sending messages? Or is it something regarding data? And my overnight battery consumption without wifi and data (2G only mode, data off) is about 7-8 %. I did face a random speaker rattle with android apps in the beginning though. Whenever i opened a chat app like whatsapp or telegram(Those are the only android apps i have) , the speaker made a faint rattle sound. It happened in some combination of sound setting which i havent been able to pinpoint yet. But i havent experienced that after the first two days.

hardy_magnus
2016-07-26, 13:54
saw videos on utube and just ordered one,

Pankos
2016-07-26, 14:10
I havent faced the issue. All i get is the service messages for data consumption every now and then. You sure it is sending messages? Or is it something regarding data? And my overnight battery consumption without wifi and data (2G only mode, data off) is about 7-8 %. I did face a random speaker rattle with android apps in the beginning though. Whenever i opened a chat app like whatsapp or telegram(Those are the only android apps i have) , the speaker made a faint rattle sound. It happened in some combination of sound setting which i havent been able to pinpoint yet. But i havent experienced that after the first two days.

I'm damn sure that it was sending sms everytime i reboot to particular number belongs to intex customer care number.
I'm using Vodafone so i had checked the last 3 sms cost and it was showing the same all time...

And about battery it was due to camera when i restart everything was normal,but this automatic sms sending bug really annoying .... :(

lal
2016-07-27, 04:38
I can confirm the SMS thingy. I have gaana app uninstalled too. And yes, the rattling sound is a bit annoying when using android apps. It's like each key press generates a slight crack voice.

For some reason android runtime failed to properly synthesise the input from my microphone and was transferring/recording crackling sounds as I speak (tested on WhatsApp and Skype). AlienDalvik restart or home screen restart from sailfish utilities didn't fix it, but a reboot did.

I'm content with the battery life. The phone lives through the day even with decently heavy usage which includes WiFi, a lot of browsing over 2G/3G data and some video play back.

But honestly, I find it a bit uneasy to to use it as comfortable as the N9 for the huge size. And the stock headphones don't perform good, but that was expected.

pichlo
2016-07-27, 08:14
And the stock headphones don't perform good

At least you got headphones. Jolla cost 4 times as much when it was new and did not come with headphones. And Jolla tablet, for the lucky few who got it, did not even come with a charger(!).

mosen
2016-07-27, 10:07
*snip*
I'm content with the battery life. The phone lives through the day even with decently heavy usage which includes WiFi, a lot of browsing over 2G/3G data and some video play back. *snip*

Can confirm for Jolla C.
The first days with really heavy usage and curious testing still got me through a whole working day with 10% alarm going off in the early evenings.

Yesterday, normal usage i guess, bluetooth, wifi, data always on, some browsing, some 10 phone calls, some hours of music playback with display off, some minutes of navigation and i still had ~40% wenn going to bed.
Ah yes, and i finally got bored from Pokemon go and deinstalled, makes a difference.

MisterMaster
2016-07-27, 10:15
At least you got headphones. Jolla cost 4 times as much when it was new and did not come with headphones. And Jolla tablet, for the lucky few who got it, did not even come with a charger(!).

I think you got a charger for the tablet if you wanted it. If you did not check some box that you want charger then you did not get one.

mosen
2016-07-27, 10:21

honestly, we disagree here.
I never used any stock headphones and charge with a decent multicarger since ages. So the offer perfectly catered at least my needs.

Politically, i am all for speciallized companys doing dedicated quality products which you could never expect to be included in a stock accessorie bundle.
So better leave them out completely to not support production of rubbish, raw material wasting and propably unethically produced cheapo gadgets imho. </rant: off>

A god way would be companies like Sennheiser or Anker collaborating with "fitting" suppliers and offer discounts with a bought device.
Like you buy an Aquafish and get 10% discount on the latest Anker products.

I think you got a charger for the tablet if you wanted it. If you did not check some box that you want charger then you did not get one.
It was completly excluded.
But made available as seperate item to order in Jolla shop (https://blog.jolla.com/tablet_faq/).

pichlo
2016-07-27, 11:18
I agree that headphones are not essential and therefore could be optional. Still I think it is nice of companies to provide them. Even rubbish headphones are better than none.

A charger is a different matter entirely. You can use a phone without headphones but not without a charger. You may have a whole stack of them at home but a company selling a device that needs one cannot assume that you do.

A charger is not optional. It is the most essential piece of equipment you can possibly imagine. Selling a battery powered device without a charger is not even like selling a car without a spare tire, it is like selling a car without the driver's seat. Sure there are companies that sell better driver seats than those that came with the car. That does not mean a car should be sold without one.

Factoring in the short battery life these devices have and how frequently the chargers break, there is no such thing as too many chargers. I do not know about you but in our household we have 3 to 4 devices plugged in every night. On top of that I need at least one charger at work, otherwise my Jolla would not carry me through the day.

I am all for reducing waste but I do not think skimping on the charger is the right place.

mosen
2016-07-27, 12:28
Thanks for taking time and elborate.
Good point on the charger. agreed i am to idealistic.
I do not want to force my usecase on other people but what i have is a 6 port anker 50watt charger with custom made "deviceholders" in the corridor where family places its devices when not carrying or use them inhouse.
Plus the mentioned heap of >10 chargers collected historically and mostly never used.
While mobile i have a 20A powerbank for ~8 Jolla charges.

lal
2016-07-27, 14:37

Trust me, if you had the chance to use this headphone, you would have wished to have never touched it! It's not just the voice quality but even the material used to manufacture it. Guess I was too polite when I said the stock headphones don't perform good :D

But anyway I believe adding a headphone and charger to the deliverables make the package complete. And the AquaFish includes a well described user manual as well. I am seeing something like that only ages after the Nokia era! That is very welcome too, especially because Sailfish is a fairly 'new' OS to the masses.

mosen
2016-07-27, 15:59
Yes, regarding the complete Package, i am still impressed with the beautifull pictured box and can understand where they come from to deliver a complete set. But ohhh, humans must change :D

bhavin192
2016-07-28, 18:27
Got my phone today :):)
It's just awesome in this price.
It feels like they have given us special promotional phone :p

mariusmssj
2016-07-28, 21:20
Anyone in EU bought theirs from indian ebay???

requiem_76
2016-07-28, 21:27
I've bought aqua Fish this morning (Cagliari local time,of course).
Paid through Paisapay system (my paypal mastercard plus a picture of my ID with the card attached ).
And now.....I'm waiting for some (good, I hope) news.
I'll keep You posted......

MikeHG
2016-07-28, 23:15

A charger is not optional. It is the most essential piece of equipment you can possibly imagine. Selling a battery powered device without a charger is not even like selling a car without a spare tire, it is like selling a car without the driver's seat. Sure there are companies that sell better driver seats than those that came with the car. That does not mean a car should be sold without one.

I have *reams and reams* of mobile chargers, and I don't want another one, because they're all basically identical (sure, exceptions are exceptions).

If people replaced their car every two years on average, and the car seat easily detached from the car and could fit in any old cubby-hole, I wouldn't want a car seat "free" with my car either.

"Free" means included in the price already. If you pay for them separately, you pay for them only when you need them.

pichlo
2016-07-29, 06:44
I have *reams and reams* of mobile chargers

I don't. I need more chargers than devices for the reasons already mentioned. The only way I could obtain the surplus was by buying extra chargers.

If people replaced their car every two years on average *snip*

In other words, the problem is not that the charger was included with every device you boy.
The problem is that
a) you buy devices too frequently;
b) when you get a new one, you get rid of the old one in such a way that you keep the charger.

Mosen is right, people's habits need to change.

If you have too many, why don't you donate the surplus to a charity, for example? Not all charities accept electrical goods because then need to be safety tested which costs them money but some do. I purchased the extra chargers I mentioned above from one such charity shop.

"Free" means included in the price already. If you pay for them separately, you pay for them only when you need them.

Correct in theory. In practice, as we saw with the Jolla tablet, the price is set and excluding components is a cost saving exercise.

mosen
2016-07-29, 07:08
Another AquaFish intex twitter promotion (https://twitter.com/IntexBrand/status/758904281797763072) from this morning!
They even got the Sailfish right this time :D

mautz
2016-07-29, 12:17
Anyone in EU bought theirs from indian ebay???

Yes, bought it a few minutes ago, i'll keep you updated.

MikeHG
2016-07-29, 15:04
In other words, the problem is not that the charger was included with every device you boy.
The problem is that
b) when you get a new one, you get rid of the old one in such a way that you keep the charger.

I didn't say I buy a new device every two years, did I? I implied people do on average (I don't know the exact figure, admittedly).

I have chargers from a variety of sources, including ones I've inherited from various friends / associates. People throw them away without thinking about them, because they come with practically every phone (or other USB charged device) under the sun...

If you have too many, why don't you donate the surplus to a charity, for example? Not all charities accept electrical goods because then need to be safety tested which costs them money but some do. I purchased the extra chargers I mentioned above from one such charity shop.

I generally use my devices to destruction, and if I have a surplus of phones / chargers / headphones I'll give them away. Charity shops normally won't take them any more, but it's normally not too hard to find someone who wants one of them - homeless charities, for example.

Correct in theory. In practice, as we saw with the Jolla tablet, the price is set and excluding components is a cost saving exercise.

Out of curiosity, how do you know this if the device was never sold with a charger included?

Shouldn't your complaint then be that companies should price correctly? If people's expectation was that phones didn't come with loads of rubbish they'll probably throw away (and make no mistake about it, many of them do), in the end the prices would be forced to adjust.

If you had an option of getting a decent charger for £5 or so at the same time as buying the phone, what exactly would the problem be? Less waste, and less cost for people with the sense not to destroy / lose their chargers...

-edit:

Here is an estimate that there are 100 million unused chargers floating around in the UK: http://www.o2.co.uk/thinkbig/planet/sustainable-products-and-services/charger-out-of-the-box

Here an estimate that 70% of those buying a phone already have a compatible charger: http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/ethicalreports/mobilesreport/environment.aspx

attoiu
2016-07-29, 16:32
patience and coffee..
I bought mine three days ago, today I received the confirmation of payment from Paysapay..
same here, I'll keep everyone interested posted

I've bought aqua Fish this morning (Cagliari local time,of course).
Paid through Paisapay system (my paypal mastercard plus a picture of my ID with the card attached ).
And now.....I'm waiting for some (good, I hope) news.
I'll keep You posted......

nthn
2016-07-30, 12:11
The problem is that

This is true, but it is also still true that identical chargers are included with every single device. Even if you only have one tablet and one mobile phone in the whole household, you still have at least one charger you won't use, because the odds that you'll have to charge both the tablet and the phone at the same time are not particularly high. Why even use the charger when you can just plug the USB cable into your computer and charge the device that way? It's slower, but the device is right next to you, and you're usually at the computer for a long enough time to sufficiently (if not fully) charge the phone/tablet.

An additional problem is that you don't need more chargers because they break too often, but that you need a good charger which won't break anytime soon. Good chargers won't be included even with the most expensive devices (just look at the junk Apple's devices come with, which is generally already broken in the first week), and why would you want to contribute to the pile of technological waste by buying cheapo chargers (as part of the device package) rather than just buying one or two good ones which will last a very long time?

It's the same thing with tin can earphones or any other rubbish manufacturers put in the boxes of their products, they're of such low quality (both in material and in the sound they produce) that no one in their right mind would use them. Better to buy a decent pair of earphones separately which will last much longer and sound like heaven compared to the ear-piercing shrills of the earphones packed in the box of your phone.

hardy_magnus
2016-07-30, 17:17
congrats me . my fish arrived 10 minutes ago. will use it all night .

hardy_magnus
2016-07-30, 18:51
u cant use this phone with one hand.

pichlo
2016-07-30, 21:08

The last phone I could use with one hand was Treo 600.

peterleinchen
2016-07-30, 21:30
This is true, but it is also still true that identical chargers are included with every single device. Even if you only have one tablet and one mobile phone in the whole household, you still have at least one charger you won't use, because the odds that you'll have to charge both the tablet and the phone at the same time are not particularly high...
Nope.

As my devices normally gets used ovee the day and charged in the night.
And I do not want to get up in the middle of the night just to change.cable.
Furthermore I have more devices.
I leave one charger in the office. I have one in my computer bag. One in my travel bag. And so on ...

And lots of my device-delivered chargers are years old now (so no el-cheapo).

But true: electronic waste should be minimized. So with each device a new charger should be available for a small amount as extra order.

MartinK
2016-07-31, 00:55
I can use it with one hand just fine - but I might also have slightly bigger hands. :)

I have *reams and reams* of mobile chargers, and I don't want another one, because they're all basically identical (sure, exceptions are exceptions).
Same thing - from my experience USB chargers rarely fail (a notable exception being a ~1 year old PS Vita charger that stopped working recently) and tend to accumulate after a while, as most devices ship with one.

A computer can also be used for charging and USB sockets are showing up in places such as power strips, lamps, etc. So I really think a case could be made for at least having the option to forego a bundled charger when buying a device.

peterleinchen
2016-07-31, 06:33
I can use it with one hand just fine - but I might also have slightly bigger hands. :)

Are you a BigFoot or a Yeti? ;)

I may use maybe 70-80% sreen surface easily, up to 90% with more extension of hand/fingers, but 100% usabilty is not safely possible.

mosen
2016-07-31, 08:47

I may use maybe 70-80% sreen surface easily, up to 90% with more extension of hand/fingers, but 100% usabilty is not safely possible.

confession of my inner fanboy,
The Phone is too big for me also for onehanded use.
Reaching to the top of the screen sometimes triggers buttons placed on bottom because the hand has to wrap around the bottom part to reach topmost.
All my "dedicated" smarthone pockets in jackets or trousers are a little to tight to pull the phone comfortably. It fits, but takes like forever to manuver out again.

It did not fall out of my Hand as of yet because the backside has enough grip to safely re-adjust position in my hand.

Having nexus 5 for comparison, it is only a little bit smaller but grip is more comfortable and i prefer a smaller but 1080p display.
Sure, all is justifiable by its low price. But the observation still stands.

bhavin192
2016-07-31, 08:52
Anyone having same issue??
https://together.jolla.com/question/139190/intex-aqua-fish-re-activation-sms/

mosen
2016-07-31, 09:01
Anyone having same issue??
https://together.jolla.com/question/139190/intex-aqua-fish-re-activation-sms/

It seems to be a bug in intex registration sms modul that is supposed to send only one sms to announce your device to intex.

Kat6 over at tjc found how to remove the corresponding packages (https://together.jolla.com/question/139540/how-to-removing-intex-content-from-aqua-fish/). Personally i facepalm over and over thinking about that bug and as much as i defend jolla and intex as theyr first license partner, i would deinstall on my own risc. At least until the bug is fixed. Not official, can have sideeffects, be warned.

pichlo
2016-07-31, 09:01
I guess it depends on everone's definition of "use". I can comfortably turn my Jolla 1 with one hand or receive a call, for example. Or even read an SMS or email. But that is not sufficient to satisfy my definition of "use". There is absolutely no way I can, for example, reply to an SMS using Jolla with just one hand. Or type this post. I could not do it on the N900 either. As mentioned before, the last device that allowed me to achieve feats like that was Treo 600. I could even do it outside, while walking. Without looking at the screen, or more precisely, glancing only sporadically to check for splellung mistkaes. No way I can even dream about that on a Jolla. Jolla requires my full attention just to figure out what the fsck is on the screen.

There are many factors contributing to this, all falling under the large umbrella of the word "usability". The size is one factor. That includes the thickness. Large, flat, thin devices are less usable than those with some substance to them. The presence or absence of a hardware keyboard is another factor. How exactly the keyboard is attached is also important. Horizontal sliders are not nearly as good as a fixed vertical keyboard. Last but not least, the colour scheme is tremendously important. Light text on dark background may look classy and appeal to the sentiments of a certain class of users, but is far less practical than the other way around.

nieldk
2016-07-31, 09:08

Thanks for the warning , now I won't get one :)

MisterMaster
2016-07-31, 09:44
I can use it easily with one hand. You can even pinch zoom with one hand.

Joke:
As Steve Jobs once said: "You are holding it wrong".

lal
2016-07-31, 10:12
I can use it easily with one hand. You can even pinch zoom with one hand.

Could you conduct online classes to spread the skill :D

hardy_magnus
2016-07-31, 12:03
guys what u think about the camera ? i think its ok (below average).

r0kk3rz
2016-07-31, 12:26
guys what u think about the camera ? i think its ok (below average).

It was never going to have a great camera, its a low budget device and from that perspective I too think the camera is ok.

The FOV on the selfie-cam is better than the Jolla1's, but its performance in different lighting situations seems to be about on par with the Jolla1 (which is fairly poor by modern standards).

hardy_magnus
2016-07-31, 14:04
It was never going to have a great camera, its a low budget device and from that perspective I too think the camera is ok.

The FOV on the selfie-cam is better than the Jolla1's, but its performance in different lighting situations seems to be about on par with the Jolla1 (which is fairly poor by modern standards).

im just sharing my experience mate, at this price this is a great device but the thing is many people have keen interest in this device so they should know about it.

mariusmssj
2016-07-31, 17:49
I am just waiting for it to be sold on a proper website that would ship to UK! And I'm afraid I might need to wait for quite a while.

asys3
2016-08-01, 01:36
And I hope that the missing CE/EMV certification will not lead to get stuck at the customs. Would be horrible for EU buyers.

asys3

herdem09
2016-08-01, 06:38
I am just waiting for it to be sold on a proper website that would ship to UK! And I'm afraid I might need to wait for quite a while.

Same here. I have hardly found a way to import this phone to my country. To do this, the phone has to be in the US before 12th of August. However, I cannot get response for a simple question from the seller for 2 days.

lal
2016-08-01, 16:10
Re: Camera
As I further look at pictures, I wonder if postprocessing is the culprit. Output looks dull and less saturated with prominent noise (better said artefacts I think), as if a little over sharpened.

It feels like the picture seems to be processed a shade better with camera utilities in some android applications. But the dynamic range looks to be the same as stock camera output, so probably a sensor limitation there.

Looking at the sensor datasheet (OV8858), output is indicated as 10bit RAW. May be, just may be, if the raw output can be directly saved and post processed, compressed image output (like jpeg) might look better. Wonder if there is any possibility to shoot raw!

mautz
2016-08-01, 17:17
Yes, bought it a few minutes ago, i'll keep you updated.

My payment was rejected by ebay, i'm in touch with customer support to find out what went wrong.

eekkelund
2016-08-02, 07:32
My payment was rejected by ebay, i'm in touch with customer support to find out what went wrong.

My payment was also rejected, I sent 4 messages to ebay India customer support and got no reply.

lantern
2016-08-02, 07:37
mine was rejected twice and they blocked ebay account so I had to call to unblock it. *****s.

Heik
2016-08-03, 14:26
FYI,

Ordered 27.7. using debit card feature of my Mastercard.
Got "standard" email to send copy of credit card with date masked and copy of latest credit statement.

Replied by email, did not send any credit card info, since credit card had quite a little to do with the purchase (number of credit card is not the same as the number of the debit card on the back side of the combined card). Wondered in email why they ask things that are not related to the payment. Wondered also why they need to ensure that the owner of the card is the customer, since the paying goes through "verified by Visa" process.

Got simply reply after 50 hours (they promise reply in 24 or 48 hours):
"Your PaisaPay payment has been rejected as the verification documents asked for, were not received. You paid the order total of Rs. 7,099.00 using credit card."

Hey, I did not pay with credit card
Also:

"Action required:
Please make the payment using another payment method (i.e. other than credit or debit card used for this transaction). Your purchase is currently not paid for and the seller(s) will not ship you the item(s) till you make the payment again.
Please note that your credit / debit card has not been charged for this transaction. If you paid using debit card, the amount will be credited to your bank account."

OK, I paid with credit card and eBay page opened, which told:
"Please send a scanned/photographed copy of the front of the credit card used for this payment (with Expiry Date hidden), or a copy of your latest credit card statement"

After a moment I also got email:
"Please send a scanned/photographed copy of the front of the credit card used for this payment (with Expiry Date hidden), and a copy of your latest credit card statement."

I sent scan of my credit card with date and part of the number masked and with no statements, and pointing out that there was or in the message on the eBay page.

After 72 hours I got email:
"We are pleased to inform you that your pending PaisaPay payment has been approved. You paid the order total of Rs. 7,099.00 using credit card."

Seller is required to ship the item latest 13-Aug-16.

So, this was my process.

Heikki

Edit:
Seems to be amateurs there conducting the replies and rules!

hardy_magnus
2016-08-03, 16:41
how to send mp3 via Bluetooth from fish to another phone? I tried but found nothing .

mosen
2016-08-03, 16:51
how to send mp3 via Bluetooth from fish to another phone? I tried but found nothing .

With stock means, you can only send videos and images from the gallery.
Tab the image and you will find bluetooth where the other sharing options also show up.

Please upvote here (https://together.jolla.com/question/1302/bluetooth-file-transfer-for-all-file-types/) to change that.

FileCase (https://openrepos.net/content/cepiperez/filecase-0) can transfer every filetype over bluetooth.

hardy_magnus
2016-08-03, 17:31
With stock means, you can only send videos and images from the gallery.
Tab the image and you will find bluetooth where the other sharing options also show up.

Please upvote here (https://together.jolla.com/question/1302/bluetooth-file-transfer-for-all-file-types/) to change that.

FileCase (https://openrepos.net/content/cepiperez/filecase-0) can transfer every filetype over bluetooth.

what :mad: ! i can only send pics and videos and not other files, well that su*ks. filecase ,,,,,,,ok found it in the warehouse. wow there is StartAsRoot for filecase too.
thank you mosen.

szopin
2016-08-03, 19:27
FYI,

Got "standard" email to send copy of credit card with date masked and copy of latest credit statement.

Replied by email, did not send any credit card info, since credit card had quite a little to do with the purchase (number of credit card is not the same as the number of the debit card on the back side of the combined card). Wondered in email why they ask things that are not related to the payment. Wondered also why they need to ensure that the owner of the card is the customer, since the paying goes through "verified by Visa" process.

"Your PaisaPay payment has been rejected as the verification documents asked for, were not received. You paid the order total of Rs. 7,099.00 using credit card."

Also:

"Action required:
Please make the payment using another payment method (i.e. other than credit or debit card used for this transaction). Your purchase is currently not paid for and the seller(s) will not ship you the item(s) till you make the payment again.
Please note that your credit / debit card has not been charged for this transaction. If you paid using debit card, the amount will be credited to your bank account."

"Please send a scanned/photographed copy of the front of the credit card used for this payment (with Expiry Date hidden), or a copy of your latest credit card statement"

"Please send a scanned/photographed copy of the front of the credit card used for this payment (with Expiry Date hidden), and a copy of your latest credit card statement."

I sent scan of my credit card with date and part of the number masked and with no statements, and pointing out that there was or in the message on the eBay page.

"We are pleased to inform you that your pending PaisaPay payment has been approved. You paid the order total of Rs. 7,099.00 using credit card."

So, this was my process.

Heikki

Edit:

Either amateurs conducting replies, or pros conducting frauds, country with 3 times the populace of whole of europe and different standards, don't expect eu treatment

lyzech
2016-08-03, 21:17
My experience :
- 26/07 : ordered on eBay and photo of a Visa Card with my best smile sent to paisaPay
- 28/07 : email from PaisaPay, order confirmed
- 30/07 : no notification, but phone sent according eBay
- 03/08 : SMS from DPD, phone shipped.
However I m in vacation, so I can't check it.
Stay tuned :p

Heik
2016-08-04, 08:48
Either amateurs conducting replies, or pros conducting frauds, country with 3 times the populace of whole of europe and different standards, don't expect eu treatment

Well, I only expect that rules and replies are consistent :-)

ciaps
2016-08-04, 17:50
Ok, I have ordered on from ebay.in too.

Only thing I am bit concerned of, is that the phone lacks a magnetometer
(I guess the Jolla C lacks one as well)

Does this affect GPS navigations?

mosen
2016-08-04, 22:05
Does this affect GPS navigations?

I am using waze since 3 years on Jolla, now on Jolla C and can see a small difference in accuracy.

If you drive very slowly and make a turn for instance, the Jolla c needs some additional seconds (maybe 1 or 3) to turn the navigation because apps rely on travelled distance and calculated direction only (my guess).
Sometimes waze can not make out movement changes when gps signal is low because it can not differantiate if its gps fuzziness or you moving slowly.
But the Jolla C performs better overall, i also tested Here, Tomtom and NavFree.
Just because the apps load faster, displayed framerate is higher and i had no app crash as of yet.

Fuzzillogic
2016-08-04, 23:35
But the Jolla C performs better overall, i also tested Here, Tomtom and NavFree.
Just because the apps load faster, displayed framerate is higher and i had no app crash as of yet.

How is that possible? The GPU is slower than the J1 from what I've read, and unless those apps are really optimized to use more than two cores, the CPU of the JC isn't really faster than J1 as well.

MikeHG
2016-08-05, 00:01
RAM starvation in the Jolla 1, at a guess. Linux fills its RAM up with cache fairly effectively.

A simple way to test raw performance in simple cases like loading would be to drop caches, then compare.

http://www.linuxinsight.com/proc_sys_vm_drop_caches.html

jonquark
2016-08-06, 22:22
Can confirm the JollaC feels must smoother - and multitasking between apps works much better without the background apps being killed through lack of memory consistently.

padmaraj.ravi
2016-08-08, 22:15
Does anyone have an idea how to mask its orange back cover? I searched for a case , but can see only those flip covers which i hate. I have never used anything other than a black phone till now. And whenever i pick this up to make a call , it attracts unnecessary attention. I dont understand why on earth would somebody make a phone only in orange and red. I am thinking about something like a vinyl wrap since i cant see cases being available for this. Suggestions welcome :)

hardy_magnus
2016-08-09, 09:11
sadly when i search for accessories (for aqua fish) i get nothing but flip covers. no temper glass, screenguards, nothing.

attoiu
2016-08-09, 15:32
ordered on the 26th of July, got confirmation of payment on the 29th, picked it up today.. play time...

mrsellout
2016-08-09, 15:48
sadly when i search for accessories (for aqua fish) i get nothing but flip covers. no temper glass, screenguards, nothing.

Check the following thread for tempered glass
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=97002

A couple of users gave the company the dimensions of the Jolla C. From looking at pictures of the Aqua Fish, the slots look to be in the right places, but you can compare the dimensions our community members sent in with measurements on your device to confirm.

lal
2016-08-09, 15:49

eBay.in has some. I have ordered one, but delivery is by Saturday this week. Will have to wait and see if it really "fits"!

hardy_magnus
2016-08-09, 16:00
Check the following thread for tempered glass
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=97002

A couple of users gave the company the dimensions of the Jolla C. From looking at pictures of the Aqua Fish, the slots look to be in the right places, but you can compare the dimensions our community members sent in with measurements on your device to confirm.

thanks man. i know about this thread and i want something that is easily available in the local Indian market, cant get brotect of course. i want something that fits perfectly on the screen not close.

hardy_magnus
2016-08-09, 16:19
there are many things i would like to do on intex aqua fish, like to change icon set, font face etc but it requires to enable developer mode and which inturn voids warranty (not talking about patches).
this aint freedom. sailfish is open but they dont want you to even touch a bit of their OS.
sorry im not complaining but i am sharing my experience. sailfish is still a half baked OS.

caprico
2016-08-09, 16:44
I don't think enabling developer mode will void your warranty. Did you hear that from Intex? I also enabled developer mode on my N9 which I got with my phone plan - it was no issue at all even when I had to send it in due to a broken microphone. You can always reset the phone (or worst case use recovery mode) in case you need to send it in for warranty purposes.

hemiwi
2016-08-09, 17:14
Got my Aqua Fish today put my sdCard in and restored latest Jolla TOH backup and it worked without a glitch.
Dev mode, SSH enabled and Warehouse installation went incredible fast if i compare to TOH.

First impression: everything works a lot faster even with 5-6 apps open at the same time.

Still have to test camera and radio.

Unfortunately only downside right now is a major one: cant work out 4G here in Finland (Sonera) although Intex and Carrier are supporting 1500Mhz.

hardy_magnus
2016-08-09, 17:15
I don't think enabling developer mode will void your warranty. Did you hear that from Intex? I also enabled developer mode on my N9 which I got with my phone plan - it was no issue at all even when I had to send it in due to a broken microphone. You can always reset the phone (or worst case use recovery mode) in case you need to send it in for warranty purposes.

whenever i try to enable developer mode the next message i get is that it may void the warranty. so i will not do anything

juiceme
2016-08-09, 17:59
whenever i try to enable developer mode the next message i get is that it may void the warranty. so i will not do anything

"may void warranty" != "will void warranty"

caprico
2016-08-09, 19:43

Like @juiceme wrote, this WON'T void your warranty. The warning simply means that with enabled dev mode you also have a certain responsibility (for example using terminal with root access).
I think it's pretty difficult to brick a SailfishOS phone (in a way that recovery mode wouldn't help anymore).

attoiu
2016-08-10, 05:26
Got my Aqua Fish today put my sdCard in and restored latest Jolla TOH backup and it worked without a glitch.
Dev mode, SSH enabled and Warehouse installation went incredible fast if i compare to TOH.

First impression: everything works a lot faster even with 5-6 apps open at the same time.

Still have to test camera and radio.

Unfortunately only downside right now is a major one: cant work out 4G here in Finland (Sonera) although Intex and Carrier are supporting 1500Mhz.

worked for me, I'm on Telia in Sweden, had to manually modify data access point settings

eson
2016-08-10, 06:17
worked for me, I'm on Telia in Sweden, had to manually modify data access point settings

Can you please share how to?

hemiwi
2016-08-10, 07:27
Got it done too and confirm Intex Aqua Fish works with Sonera 4G in Finland. :)

All i had to do was to change the APN name from "Internet" to "Sonera Internet" and reboot... I also changed the Sim card from Slot 2 to Slot 1 but not sure if that had anything to do with the 4G settings working. Just mention it cause i have seen all kind of strange things in IT over the years...:)

Now i am happy - who would have know that a 76€ phone can be that good.

deutch1976
2016-08-10, 09:32
Now available with paypal payment

http://www.ebay.es/itm/282128959911?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

mautz
2016-08-11, 09:24

PaisaPay rejected my payment also at the second try. Since the same seller i selling it on ebay.es with paypal option, i'll ask him if i can pay with paypal.

deutch1976
2016-08-11, 09:40
PaisaPay rejected my payment also at the second try. Since the same seller i selling it on ebay.es with paypal option, i'll ask him if i can pay with paypal.

If Paypal is available you don't need to ask the seller
Acording to his ebay feedback he is not a great comunicator

lantern
2016-08-11, 10:03

No need to ask. It's specified as accepted payment method.

LameDuck
2016-08-11, 11:25
No need to ask. It's specified as accepted payment method.

If Paypal is available you don't need to ask the seller

As far as I get it Mautz bought it from ebay.in where PaisaPay was and still is the only payment option.
The offer which has PayPal as a payment option, was added later on ebay international sites. It is from the same vendor but has a different ebay ID and is offered in USD instead of INR. So no, if you already bought the phone on ebay.in you can't simply switch to PayPal without contacting the seller.

lal
2016-08-11, 16:24
Wonder if I am missing calls on AquaFish. Looks like something similar that was holding back the 2.0.x update from being public a few months back.

I experienced it first on last Sunday. Had missed a few calls from home and friends. Came to know about it only when they scolded me. According to them, it was ringing and I didn't pick up the calls. Even SMS were not delivered. A restart fixed it that night and delivered a few SMS too, wonder why though! I thought it was a network error then. But I again experienced it today. When I tried calling my own number, it was ringing, but no notifications. And same with SMS. Working fine after a restart now.

I'm still not fully sure if it's a network issue or OS. Will check closely the coming days with a different network and try to investigate. BTW, my current network is BSNL.

lantern
2016-08-15, 15:50
Is there a kernel source package in repos?

hardy_magnus
2016-08-15, 17:12
BTW, my current network is BSNL.

BSNL is the worst, my dad and mom are on bsnl and their number is always out of reach even if call from close proximity.

lal
2016-08-15, 17:21
I wouldn't deny that. BTW, I have been on a different network for some days now, Tata Docomo. As of now, it is going smooth. But, I had to restart my cellphone (or switched off due to zero battery) a few times in the past days and hence couldn't have a decent uptime. So I still can't comment what the status is. Anyway, I am closely watching!

Heik
2016-08-23, 16:16
FYI,

Also:

"Action required:

So, this was my process.

Heikki

Edit:

Got it today (23.8.2016).
Arrived to Finland 17.8. Paid VAT (17.43€) on 19.8.

gerstavros
2016-09-16, 21:52
I didn't find a related topic so i ask here.
I have a serious problem with my Intex Aqua Fish. Battery is draining too fast. I can lose almost 30% battery in one day with wifi,bt closed, no sim card, and no use at all, screen off. I ve heard also some times a reccuring camera focus sound without using the camera. Anyone experienced such problem? How can i check if phone doesn't go to deep sleep mode, or check the wakelocks?

Hensch
2017-02-27, 13:15
I received my Aqua Fish 2 days ago.

Battery draining seems to be normal in comparison with my Xperia Z. I didn't let it run empty yet because of updates.

I will discharge it completely now so that it can calibrate or whatever. After that i will charge it to 100% and report how long it lasts until it powers off during normal usage.

I deactivated the SIM2 slot in the settings. Bluetooth, GPS are mainly off. WLAN and mobile data (set to 3G) are enabled.

I also recognized a clicking sound but I think it has to do with the (de)activation of the audio device. It stays on after playing some notification sound and I can hear some noise and sometimes the radio interference of itself until it shuts off the audio device with a clicking sound. I'm not sure if this is very good for the speaker.

gerstavros
2017-02-27, 14:02
I received my Aqua Fish 2 days ago.

Battery draining seems to be normal in comparison with my Xperia Z. I didn't let it run empty yet because of updates.

I will discharge it completely now so that it can calibrate or whatever. After that i will charge it to 100% and report how long it lasts until it powers off during normal usage.

I deactivated the SIM2 slot in the settings. Bluetooth, GPS are mainly off. WLAN and mobile data (set to 3G) are enabled.

I also recognized a clicking sound but I think it has to do with the (de)activation of the audio device. It stays on after playing some notification sound and I can hear some noise and sometimes the radio interference of itself until it shuts off the audio device with a clicking sound. I'm not sure if this is very good for the speaker.
Check how much battery drains with no use at all, no sim, nothing.

shubell
2017-02-28, 06:50
well the aqua fish is not really a power saver ;) Without sim and all the time with screen off it lasts like 2-3 days.

gerstavros
2017-02-28, 09:28
well the aqua fish is not really a power saver ;) Without sim and all the time with screen off it lasts like 2-3 days.
That's because it doesn't set the CPU to deep sleep, and it works all the time. So many updates and no fix yet...

Hensch
2017-03-02, 08:29
I'm using it since yesderday morning (100% charged) as main phone. Now the battery is at 10%. You can say it lasts one day during normal usage.

pichlo
2017-03-02, 08:46
I'm using it since yesderday morning (100% charged) as main phone. Now the battery is at 10%. You can say it lasts one day during normal usage.

So... just like Jolla 1.

juiceme
2017-03-02, 09:43
So... just like Jolla 1.

Except my sbj-1 lasts for 2 days (if only just ) on my normal daily use.
And I've still got the original battery in it!

I purchased the PolarCell battery more than a year past but still have not taken it into use since the original battery works so well! :D
And it has been my daily driver since day 1, which is what, almost 3,5 years!

OK, granted it is only just 2 days and after that it is something like 15% left in the evening but still fairly impressive IMHO

nthn
2017-03-02, 12:14
Battery life depends immensely on signal reception. On my Jolla 1, in an area with good reception I get some 5-6 days, but weak reception fully drains the battery in 2 days at most. WiFi on, mobile data off. Most of the times, it's just idleing, though, and I barely ever use it for browsing unless there is really no more comfortable alternative in my vicinity.

pichlo
2017-03-02, 14:10
Battery life depends immensely on signal reception.

Exactly. My battery drops from 100% to 85% by the time I get to work (about an hour's drive). Something seriously buggy in Sailfish that keeps the CPU awake when the signal is less than optimal.

lal
2017-03-02, 16:52
Unfortunately, battery backup hasn't been fair on my AquaFish as well. It lasts no more than twenty four hours in my case. I do use mobile data often and browse fairly heavily on phone.

What bugs me more though is that I am missing calls! The device just doesn't ring or show up any incoming/missed record in call log. At the caller's end though, my number would be ringing.

Hensch
2017-03-02, 22:38
I hat a similar problem. I tried to start a call but the phone UI didn't start. After 10 seconds there was a sound of a failed connection. Then the phone UI was shown shortly to tell me it was not successful. BUT what the phone did in background was calling my contact without me knowing about it. Even if I would, I coultn't stop the call. The other side has to catch the call and hang up to end this situation.

I read on TJC about turning automatic search off and choose the provider manually in the settings. This seemed to help. You should try that, too. No failures since then.

Nevertheless, I like Sailfish OS. Maybe there are some bugs. I will go to TJC and post them. That's how it lives. I'm sure it's getting better.

lal
2017-03-03, 12:23
I read on TJC about turning automatic search off and choose the provider manually in the settings. This seemed to help. You should try that, too. No failures since then.

Nevertheless, I like Sailfish OS. Maybe there are some bugs. I will go to TJC and post them. That's how it lives. I'm sure it's getting better.

Thank you. I will definitely try that out. I don't want to leave Sailfish OS too. In any case, I trust and like it way more than Android and iOS.

About the background call, some times when the network is a little weak or busy, the phone takes some time to end a call. So if you dial or redial a number, that action seems to be executed right after the current call ends which will have a delay. If phone app is minimised during this period the cover can be seen showing what it usually shows when a call is in progress.

hardy_magnus
2017-03-03, 14:48
i was looking for a protective cover for fishy fish and there was none but now i have found one. the protective cover of lyf* wind 4 fits well. the usb port and 3.5 jack spacing is perfect but i had to made a small hole for the flash, there is some spacing in the lower part but the speaker and mic are covered which doesn't affect the sound at all, there is spacing on the right side of device but the volume buttons are way above , only lock button is visible through the hole. no scratches from now on yay.

Hensch
2017-03-04, 00:31
Thank you. I will definitely try that out. I don't want to leave Sailfish OS too. In any case, I trust and like it way more than Android and iOS.

About the background call, some times when the network is a little weak or busy, the phone takes some time to end a call. So if you dial or redial a number, that action seems to be executed right after the current call ends which will have a delay. If phone app is minimised during this period the cover can be seen showing what it usually shows when a call is in progress.

Today I got the same fault as before. Choosed contact, nothing happened. A message "network failure" popped up.Then after a few seconds I heard the called person. But because of the failure the phone call was ended automatically. I hat to reboot for a new try.

This means that manually selecting your provider does not affect this bug.