PDA

View Full Version : Changing Hildon Buttons/interface

ChaosZeus
2007-09-13, 12:44
Hi there,
In the infamous Hildon UI, there are 3 buttons. They are for a web browser, a contacts app, and to open a menu. Is there any way to assign these buttons to ANY application, instead of one of Nokia's choices? IE, If I want the web button to use the mozilla browser instead of the nokia default.

Also, is there an easy way to change the status widgets along the top, either in order or removing/adding them?

thanks,

Newbie ChaosZeus.

krisse
2007-09-13, 13:56
You can change the status bar icons by going to the Control Panel, selecting Navigation (it's in the Personalisation section) and clicking on the Status Bar tab.

The Navigation menu also lets you change the order of the icons at the side, but I don't know how to change which browser Web points at.

maxilogan
2007-09-13, 15:37
The browser is one, using either render engine or the other, but choice is done inside the browser, not externally.

So you can just launch the "browser", *then* select the rendering engine

ChaosZeus
2007-09-13, 19:34
krisse, thank you for your answer. I understand it.
maxilogan, thank you for your answer. I have no idea what you are talking about, but I appreciate the thought. I'm sorry.

Chaoszeus

tso
2007-09-13, 20:39
what maxilogan is talking about is that if you have microb installed (mozilla), there wil be a entry labeled "hidden" on the menu when you have a browser window option.

there you will find an entry labeled "default" and there you can select mozilla.

the next time you hit the web icon in the corner, it will be using mozilla.

as for what krisse speaks of, im guessing that those options are only found in 2007 and 2007HE, as i cant see them on my 770 running 2006.