PDA

View Full Version : Aqua fish battery draining

gerstavros
2016-09-19, 22:44
I have a serious problem with my Intex Aqua Fish. Battery is draining too fast. I can lose almost 30% battery in one day with wifi,bt closed, no sim card, and no use at all, screen off. I ve heard also some times a reccuring camera focus sound without using the camera. Anyone experienced such problem? How can i check if phone doesn't go to deep sleep mode, or check the wakelocks?

nthn
2016-09-19, 23:00
Seems to be a common problem on 2.0.2, the battery drain is awful: https://together.jolla.com/question/140203/202x-battery-drain/

As for the camera focus sound: https://together.jolla.com/question/137611/jolla-c-occasional-ticking-sound-when-screen-is-off/

gerstavros
2016-09-20, 00:41
Seems to be a common problem on 2.0.2, the battery drain is awful: https://together.jolla.com/question/140203/202x-battery-drain/

As for the camera focus sound: https://together.jolla.com/question/137611/jolla-c-occasional-ticking-sound-when-screen-is-off/
well... disapointing.

XOleg
2016-09-20, 04:45
I have a serious problem with my Intex Aqua Fish. Battery is draining too fast. I can lose almost 30% battery in one day with wifi,bt closed, no sim card, and no use at all, screen off. I ve heard also some times a reccuring camera focus sound without using the camera. Anyone experienced such problem? How can i check if phone doesn't go to deep sleep mode, or check the wakelocks?

install SystemDataScope. %-s are batt energy in W*h, not capacity in mA*h. I see for last 8 hours avr.discharge current 0.1mA in Standby(both sims=on, BT=WiFi=off, update_time_for_all=manual), deltaV=4.15V-4.071V, -0.58 W*h and -7%.
maybe 7% are weird to see, but 0.1 mA it's very good, imho.

hardy_magnus
2016-09-20, 06:33

same here bro, now I'm thinking of selling it . didn't notice camera focus sound though.

Peccelius
2016-09-20, 07:41

Sometimes this happens to me as well with Jolla C, and it seems that Android support is the reason for that. A process called 'system_serve' starts to use a lot of memory (more than 10%) and therefore it drains battery. Switching Android-support off and on (or reboot) once a week or so seems to help.

gerstavros
2016-09-20, 09:02
install SystemDataScope. %-s are batt energy in W*h, not capacity in mA*h. I see for last 8 hours avr.discharge current 0.1mA in Standby(both sims=on, BT=WiFi=off, update_time_for_all=manual), deltaV=4.15V-4.071V, -0.58 W*h and -7%.
maybe 7% are weird to see, but 0.1 mA it's very good, imho.
i had checked it before i do factory reset and i had ~130mAh drain with anyting closed...
Sometimes this happens to me as well with Jolla C, and it seems that Android support is the reason for that. A process called 'system_serve' starts to use a lot of memory (more than 10%) and therefore it drains battery. Switching Android-support off and on (or reboot) once a week or so seems to help.

I ve closed the aliendalvik.

I ll wait for next update, hope it gets fixed.
Btw i read that 2.0.1.11 didn't have such bug. Can i downgrade intex to 2.0.1.11?

XOleg
2016-09-20, 09:27
i had checked it before i do factory reset and i had ~130mAh drain with anyting closed...

I ve closed the aliendalvik.

I ll wait for next update, hope it gets fixed.
Btw i read that 2.0.1.11 didn't have such bug. Can i downgrade intex to 2.0.1.11?

yes, I've stopped aliendalvik.
Intex, v.2.0.2.51.

nthn
2016-09-20, 13:30
AlienDalvik is a battery drainer but has nothing to do with the new drain caused by 2.0.2 because the drain happens regardless of it being on, regardless of WiFi, Bluetooth, mobile data, network, flight mode, number of running applications, synchronising accounts, tracker indexing, brightness, temperature, and most importantly it is in no way related to aging batteries.

I would appreciate it if people would stop denying the issue the issue because they've been suffering from it since the beginning. Those bold enough to downgrade to 2.0.1 have no drain anymore, as it was before they first updated to 2.0.2.

pichlo
2016-09-20, 14:43
I strongly deny denying anything. My battery life has always been about a day from a full charge in the morning to anything between 70% and 0% in the evening of the same day, depending on use. The only time I saw 70% at the end of the day was when I left the phone at home and could not use it during the day. By far the biggest drain is simply using the phone. Every minute of browsing costs about 1% of battery power. Browsing continuously for 2 hours can drain the battery completely.

My other half's observation is consistent with mine. She never uses her Jolla, she merely charges it once every three days and leaves it on the shelf, moaning constantly how short-lived the Jolla's battery is compared to her 7 years old Nokia 5800 (with still the original battery) that she uses all the time and charges once per week.

This was the same from day one when I first received my Jolla with OS 0.9 and remained like that for the past two years or so. Replacing the battery with a new one from eBay has made exactly zero effect, as has upgrading to 2.0.2. I have never used or even installed AD and am happy to believe that AD may have a detrimental effect.

This is about Jolla Jolla, also known as Jolla 1. Jolla C or Fish may be different.

juiceme
2016-09-20, 19:09
I have to agree with @pichlo, and my observations are not just idle flapping but I have definite proof; from June 2015 (when I started measuring) I have logs of the power consumption taken every half an hour. That's over 22000 measurements from my Jolla sbj1.
I also have logged same thing from my Nexus5 and Jolla-C since the day I got them.

Based on real hard evidence I can assure you that there has been no change whatsoever on power consumption of the devices from one SW release to another.

gerstavros
2016-09-20, 20:32
AlienDalvik is a battery drainer but has nothing to do with the new drain caused by 2.0.2 because the drain happens regardless of it being on, regardless of WiFi, Bluetooth, mobile data, network, flight mode, number of running applications, synchronising accounts, tracker indexing, brightness, temperature, and most importantly it is in no way related to aging batteries.

I would appreciate it if people would stop denying the issue the issue because they've been suffering from it since the beginning. Those bold enough to downgrade to 2.0.1 have no drain anymore, as it was before they first updated to 2.0.2.
I know that. But can i downgrade Intex to 2.0.1 ? if yes, how? It's the same method as for jolla 1?

juiceme
2016-09-21, 10:39
I know that. But can i downgrade Intex to 2.0.1 ? if yes, how? It's the same method as for jolla 1?

Yes, just set the ssu release to what you desire and update.

atlochowski
2016-09-21, 12:02
Yes, just set the ssu release to what you desire and update.

I'm not sure if it's good idea because initial SailfishOS version on AquaFish was 2.0.2.

gerstavros
2016-09-21, 12:05
I'm not sure if it's good idea because initial SailfishOS version on AquaFish was 2.0.2.

i m trying it now, if i brick it i hope there is solution :p
Anyway phone is not usable with that bugs on 2.0.2..

gerstavros
2016-09-21, 12:59
Well, 2.0.1.11 doesn't work on intex aqua fish, phone is bricked.

juiceme
2016-09-21, 17:53

You are absolutely correct... for some reason I was thinking of sbj-1.

gerstavros
2016-09-21, 18:02
If anyone knows where i can find the firmware for unbricking my phone, post it please

theonelaw
2016-09-22, 00:27
If anyone knows where i can find the firmware for unbricking my phone, post it please

Ouch, that hurt:
unusable before and unusable after,
but
if I get to India again I will go back to the Intex offices
and see if I can get any information,
assuming no one else here gets there first
[D - 18/2, Okhla Industrial Area, Phase - II,
New Delhi - 110020, India
At least I know how to get there now,
and the receptionist will remember me.]

cheers

stickymick
2017-06-09, 15:42
Since upgrading to 2.1.0.11, I've been suffering from horrendous battery drain and screen glitching.
My battery will go from 100% down to 40% - 50% in half a day.
The screen glitch is a strange one. If I scroll up and down my apps grid the screen will freeze for a short time and the remove app crosses will appear on the app icons or the screen will freeze mid scroll so I get half icons top and bottom.
I've also noticed that Battery Overlay 2 will not start with boot up now either.
Just for reference I have 2 Jolla phones running the same OS version but with them I'm only getting the Battery Overlay problem. Batteries and screens are fine.

Any ideas how to investigate these issues further with regards to a fix/workaround?
Thanks.

nthn
2017-06-09, 16:29
The screen glitch is a strange one. If I scroll up and down my apps grid the screen will freeze for a short time and the remove app crosses will appear on the app icons or the screen will freeze mid scroll so I get half icons top and bottom.

This is a known issue: https://together.jolla.com/question/156475/210-swipes-lag-behind-on-jolla-c-aqua-fish/

gerstavros
2017-06-11, 10:14
With the last update, the battery drain stopped for me, after almost one year owning the device, now it's usable.

stickymick
2017-06-12, 19:17
I seem to have been able to stabilise it a bit. Still has it's odd moments though, like today. From a full charge at 5:30am down to 45% by 2:30pm.