PDA

View Full Version : Access all your data on n770 from anywhere with wifi

NokNok770
2006-01-06, 14:33
Hey guys I found this on someone's blog and thought I'd share with everyone. There's a site called www.avvenu.com (http://www.avvenu.com) where you get a username and password then download a little file to run on your windows PC. After that, you can access your windows files from anywhere with internet connection. This works real well with the nokia 770. Supposedly you can access your files with your phone too but I didn't try that out. Give it a try...it's free right now. Don't know if they plan to charge people for this.

Moby
2006-01-06, 15:47
Anybody using this? I read the blurb and it seems good. I just hope its secure, don't want to leave my machine open to hacking.

Biomech
2006-01-06, 17:34
I'm using it. I read about it on a thread in this forum so I thought I'd give it a try. It works well but the interface could be streamlined. It's kind of clunky. I don't like having to page through page after page of directory folders but, in a pinch, it allows you to get to your PC and download any file your want.

I am having much more fun with the VNC viewer. I wish the VNC viewer on the 770 allowed you to download files from your desktop.

myet01
2006-01-06, 18:12
You know, what kind of files would you download besides pictures, movies, etc...? You cannot download, run and edit any other kind of documents (i.e. word, excel (although getting close), etc...) on the 770?

Tony

Biomech
2006-01-07, 01:45
Usually I would be downloading file types supported by the 770 but I can also see myself downloading other files that I wanted to store on the MMC card to be transfered via usb to my work or friends' PC.