PDA

View Full Version : Nokia USA shipping time

Supergeek
2006-01-06, 20:13
I ordered my 770 on January 3rd, a Tuesday. At the time I ordered, I noticed that the 770 was listed as "in stock" which surprised me. I've gone back since then to check, and it's out of stock. I am talking about the shopping cart area, after you add the 770 to it, not the front page that has the paragraph concerning shipping dates.

I'm just curious, since it did say "in stock," does that really mean I got one that was actually in stock and I just have to wait through some processing time and shipping time; days instead of weeks? (I am in the U.S.)

Just curious what everyone else's experiences were in regards to the "in stock" and "out of stock" flags versus your delivery time.

rr0123
2006-01-08, 21:04
I ordered in Nov; when I ordered, it said it was in stock. Then it went out of stock, with a prediction for January. Then suddenly back in stock, and I got it in early Dec. I think--whenever the first round was.

So you can't really rely on whether it says it's in stock or out, unfortunately.

Supergeek
2006-01-10, 00:14
Update...

Ordered on the 3rd, just received the following e-mail from Nokia today (the 9th):

Order # xxxxxxxxx

Shipping To:
xxxxxxxxxxx

Description: NOKIA 770 INTERNET TABLET
Backordered: 1 @ 359.99

Thank you,
Customer Care at NokiaUSA.com

Does this mean it took 6 days to tell me the tablet was backordered? WTF.

rr0123
2006-01-10, 17:43
They never even bothered to email me to tell me it was backordered. I had to call to find out, because the only email I got said it would be shipping.

sequoyah70
2006-01-10, 20:14
Today the status of the 770 changed on the Nokia site Available Jan 20 to In Stock and Ready to Ship! So I just ordered one. Got my fingers crossed... every CompUSA in the South basically ran out of them during last week's sale. It is good to hear news around the web that the 770 is way more popular than anticipated.

Nyrath
2006-01-10, 21:18
That's good news.

I was not so lucky. Last Friday when I made up my mind to get a 770, the situation was nerve wracking. According to the CompUSA website, there was only one store in my entire state that had any. And that was listed as "limited quantities".

I got to the store in time to get one. The very last one.

putkowski
2006-01-10, 22:28
I ordered my 770 on January 3rd, a Tuesday. At the time I ordered, I noticed that the 770 was listed as "in stock" which surprised me. I've gone back since then to check, and it's out of stock. I am talking about the shopping cart area, after you add the 770 to it, not the front page that has the paragraph concerning shipping dates.

I'm just curious, since it did say "in stock," does that really mean I got one that was actually in stock and I just have to wait through some processing time and shipping time; days instead of weeks? (I am in the U.S.)

Just curious what everyone else's experiences were in regards to the "in stock" and "out of stock" flags versus your delivery time.

It seems normal operations will send you an email when your credit card is being hit. At that point, shipment is usually within two days.

If you get a email to call them, they have a problem with your credit card info... call asap..

kbellve
2006-01-11, 14:59
I ordered on November 22nd and just got it yesterday

Supergeek
2006-01-11, 15:28
Date: 1/11/2006

Subject: Your NokiaUSA.com Order...

You can expect to receive your package at the address below in 3 business days via FedEx Freight Saver.
You can track the progress of your order using the tracking number and link below:

So, not bad... I ordered on the 3rd, the order began processing on the 9th, and shipped out the 11th.

I was hoping for better because of the "In Stock" sign, but it's better than a sharp stick in the eye.

lasala
2006-01-11, 15:39
So, not bad... I ordered on the 3rd, the order began processing on the 9th, and shipped out the 11th.

I was hoping for better because of the "In Stock" sign, but it's better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Not bad at all! This is not fair. I have ordered mine on December 3rd and still have not received an email. :mad:
I have called several times and they keep telling me the same bs: I have to wait like everyone else .. bla bla bla

thedarksavant
2006-01-11, 15:46

I ordered on the 7, so I now anxiously await the email from Nokia.

I already got an email from Amex that my card was charged. That was yesterday, so I know Nokia has my money!

lasala
2006-01-11, 16:07
I have just called Nokia and they told me that somehow my order got stuck in a back order loop. :confused: They will try to ship out my order today and will call me when it is shipped.

I recommend everyone who has ordered their Nokia in December to call.

Supergeek
2006-01-11, 21:24
I ordered on the 7, so I now anxiously await the email from Nokia.

I already got an email from Amex that my card was charged. That was yesterday, so I know Nokia has my money!

From what I've read, they don't charge you until your order is processed and shipped. Maybe you just haven't received the email yet.

Supergeek
2006-01-11, 21:26
I have just called Nokia and they told me that somehow my order got stuck in a back order loop. :confused: They will try to ship out my order today and will call me when it is shipped.

I recommend everyone who has ordered their Nokia in December to call.

Well, I'm glad you made some progress on it. They should ship yours for free, overnight, for that delay!

thedarksavant
2006-01-11, 22:05
From what I've read, they don't charge you until your order is processed and shipped. Maybe you just haven't received the email yet.

Actually, they charged me yesterday. I got this email today:

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. There has been an unforeseen delay in the processing of orders placed between 01/04/06 and 01/08/06. The issue has been remedied and you will receive order and shipping confirmation e-mails to keep you apprised of your order's progress. Again, we sincerely apologize for the delay.

Supergeek
2006-01-12, 20:23
Actually, they charged me yesterday. I got this email today:

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. There has been an unforeseen delay in the processing of orders placed between 01/04/06 and 01/08/06. The issue has been remedied and you will receive order and shipping confirmation e-mails to keep you apprised of your order's progress. Again, we sincerely apologize for the delay.
I got the "We are very sorry..." email 13 hours AFTER I got my email confirming shipment. It kinda freaked me out.

BTW:
Jan 12, 2006 8:39 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery
/happydance

Supergeek
2006-01-12, 20:33
I got the "We are very sorry..." email 13 hours AFTER I got my email confirming shipment. It kinda freaked me out.

BTW:

/happydance
Scratch that, it just arrived! It's smaller even than I expected..

thedarksavant
2006-01-12, 21:37
I just called and was told they are out of stock. So why did they charge my card then? :mad:

putkowski
2006-01-12, 22:00
I just called and was told they are out of stock. So why did they charge my card then? :mad:

If they charged you, my bet is it's out the door and on it's way.

sequoyah70
2006-01-13, 01:59
Hi everyone. I just called to cancel my order at NokiaUSA which was due to ship tomorrow. I also ordered from CompUSA business to hedge my bets and CompUSA business won the race (by a nose). So my experience with Nokia is 2 days to process, and maybe 1 to ship. My (wild) guess is that they are meeting demand now!

thedarksavant
2006-01-13, 06:17
This is starting to get a little irritating. I just checked my local CompUSA and they have them ready for pickup. :mad:

If NokiaUSA hadn't already charged my CC, I'd be down there tomorrow when they open to pick one up.

WTF is up with NokiaUSA?

thedarksavant
2006-01-14, 01:26
I finally got mine. Tapping this in right now.

I advise anyone waiting on Nokia to check CompUSA. My local CompUSA had 2. Now they have 1.:D