PDA

View Full Version : Tiny font in Power Button menu after install

pdafan
2006-01-06, 22:17
I recently installed the GPE PIM suite. Prior to this, my 770 had been quite stable and was operating normally.

During the installation, the app installer caused a reboot. Ok, I installed the remaining packages and all was well. I rebooted again according the instructions for GPE PIM, and the apps run fine.

However, I now have a tiny font in Power Button menu! The one that appears when you tap the power button. The currently selected option just has a white box in its place, and the remaining options are very small. Other system notifications also have a tiny font, like "Touch screen and keys active" when you take off the cover.

It seems that some kind of setting was overwritten when I installed GPE. Of course it could be something else for all I know.

Anyone else seen something like this? I did see this before when I was moving the /home/user director to my flash card, but ever since I used tar to copy the files things were ok. (cp -a does not copy the hidden '.' directories) Normal menu items are all ok and applications look fine.

Thanks.

pdafan
2006-01-08, 05:40
It turns out that this was unrelated to my GPE install.

I had been experimenting with mounting the card at different times during the startup. For some reason this caused the tiny fonts - some setting probably wasn't getting read/written at the correct time. I'm probably going to give up on the flash drive mount for now and just settle for a swap partition since that seems to work.