PDA

View Full Version : Nokia N9 Android

thestalker
2017-04-14, 12:56
I have a Nokia N9 64GB, MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan Version PR1.3 (40.2012.21-3_PR_006) and i'd like to make it duoboot with android ics. Is it still possible and are there any viable tutorials? I grabbed a torrent with nitdroid_n9_jellybean_alpha5.tar.bz2 and alpha4 releases. also has the zlimage13 in it.

aspergerguy
2017-04-14, 13:24
As you are no doubt aware most of referred to links are now dead, but have you seen this thread?https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87935

Can always use Google translate upon this Spanish resource:http://n9-meego.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/android-411-jelly-bean-nokia-n9.html

thestalker
2017-04-14, 13:45
Can you confirm that this method works? It seems that my torrent file contains the nitdroid mentioned in the spanish resource from above. There is a problem with the files in the dev mode in options, I was only able to download the test automation package.

aspergerguy
2017-04-14, 13:55
Haven't created a dual boot N9 for a number of years now, but would read the WiKi:http://wiki.maemo.org/Ubiboot

Do you mean that you can't setup developer mode upon a recently reset N9? Have you installed? https://openrepos.net/content/ancelad/n9-repomirror

Please note that there can be problems installing this application upon certain regions firmware, which may necessitate choosing a different image.

Helpful illustrations and valid "Sillyboot" link here:https://n900-indonesia.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/nitdroid-alpha-5-gyla-for-nokia-n9.html

thestalker
2017-04-14, 14:00
I'd prefer doing it with sillyboot tho. What is your suggestion? As far as my flashing experience goes I was only doing it with Android devices, I pushed my LGL710 to 6.1.2. so i'm almost completely new to this thing. I've been using the N9 for 3 years now and just yesterday found out about the ICS dualboot.
Navifirm+ is not working anymore, any alternatives?

aspergerguy
2017-04-14, 14:29
Navifirm+ is not working anymore, any alternatives?

See this thread or you can post seven character alphanumeric product code underneath SIM tray and may just be in luck:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96401

thestalker
2017-04-14, 14:33
059M5V1 is the code from my sim-tray.

claustn
2017-04-14, 15:14
I installed Nitdroid last year, but it isn't so usable: calls, camera, gps and other things are not working. Wifi, mobile data, sms and audio work.

thestalker
2017-04-14, 15:19
I installed Nitdroid last year, but it isn't so usable: calls, camera, gps and other things are not working. Wifi, mobile data, sms and audio work.
Don't care much tbh, I just want it done.

aspergerguy
2017-04-14, 18:38
059M5V1 is the code from my sim-tray.

This is 059M5V1,006,RM-696 NDT MEA1 MEA2 WHITE 64GB,7076664730,DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_006-OEM1-958_ARM.bin

Second one down here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1497300&postcount=1

Can't tell you whether you will run into issues with N9Repomirror unfortunately.

thestalker
2017-05-01, 12:29
I started downloading the bin you've sent me and i'll try doing it in a few days and will be posting updates in this thread and probably a step-by-step guide on how I did it, I had some health issues that prevented me to spend time on the Internet so that's the main reason I didn't post any replies. Thanks

thestalker
2017-05-01, 12:42
I have a lot of stuff installed on my N9 including Inception, is it safe for me to just start installing the firmware or should I hardreset it first?

aspergerguy
2017-05-01, 14:16
I have a lot of stuff installed on my N9 including Inception, is it safe for me to just start installing the firmware or should I hardreset it first?

When you say stuff, presumably you have backed up any contacts & photos you wouldn't want to lose? Any paid for former Nokia Store apps. would be a problem if deleted. Inception is going a way back and wondered why you never went down aegis install hack route later. Less likely for anything to go wrong on freshly flashed device, but remember would need to install N9Repomirror to get developer mode to install afterwards.

Thought you might like this work-through in English and attached video:https://techcure.wordpress.com/tag/nokia-n9-ics/

Remember you would need to type in Terminal to remove annoying "Warning you have modified device" screen
disclaimer-cal remove View-openmode

I have posted some of terminal output for installing JellyBean upon N9 (too large to include all) as find it much easier to SSH into device and spy/paste to avoid errors: Please note that build.prop & audio_policy.conf have to have .txt removed after download, if using Mac as will be in Plain Text Document format otherwise.
http://i68.tinypic.com/1zbt5on.png

# mkdir /home/nitdroid
~ # tar -xvf /home/user/MyDocs/bootit.tar -C /
./
./opt/
./opt/multiboot/
./opt/multiboot/multiboot-backupmenu.png
./opt/multiboot/multiboot-meego.png
./opt/multiboot/multiboot-android.png
./opt/multiboot/multiboot-sshd.png
./opt/multiboot/multiboot-full.png
./opt/multiboot/root_sshd_config
./opt/backupmenu/
./opt/backupmenu/reboot
./opt/backupmenu/4-Backupmenu-prestart
./opt/backupmenu/files/
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/xzcat
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/tar
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/xzfgrep
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/xzegrep
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/xzdiff
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/bunzip2
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/bzip2recover
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/bzcat
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/xz
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/bzcmp
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/bzless
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/xzcmp
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/bzegrep
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/bzip2
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/bzgrep
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/xzgrep
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/unxz
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/lzmainfo
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/bzmore
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/xzless
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/bzdiff
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/bzfgrep
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/bin/xzmore
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/lib/
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/lib/sftp-server
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/lib/libz.so.1
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/lib/libbz2.so.1.0.5
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/lib/libzip.so.2.1.0
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/lib/openssh/
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/lib/liblzo2.so.2
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/lib/libzip.so.2
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/lib/libbz2.so.1.0
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/sbin/
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/sbin/sshd
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/share/
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/share/doc/
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/share/man/
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/share/lintian/
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/share/lintian/overrides/
./opt/backupmenu/files/usr/share/lintian/overrides/openssh-server
./opt/backupmenu/files/etc/
./opt/backupmenu/files/etc/network/
./opt/backupmenu/files/etc/network/if-up.d/
./opt/backupmenu/files/etc/network/if-up.d/openssh-server
./opt/backupmenu/files/etc/network/if-up.d/drop_gprs_to_sshd
./opt/backupmenu/files/etc/pam.d/
./opt/backupmenu/files/etc/pam.d/sshd
./opt/backupmenu/files/etc/init.d/
./opt/backupmenu/files/etc/default/
./opt/backupmenu/files/etc/default/ssh
./opt/backupmenu/files/var/
./opt/backupmenu/files/var/run/
./opt/backupmenu/files/var/run/sshd/
./opt/backupmenu/4-Backupmenu-start
./opt/backupmenu/3-Backupmenu-preparing
./opt/backupmenu/files.tar
./opt/backupmenu/listbackup.txt
./opt/backupmenu/3-Backupmenu-preparing-files
./opt/backupmenu/map/
./opt/backupmenu/map/6button.map
./opt/backupmenu/backdeb-user.sh
./opt/backupmenu/2-Prestart-Preparing
./opt/backupmenu/datef
./opt/backupmenu/menu/
./opt/backupmenu/menu/m-e-c
./opt/backupmenu/menu/m-b-a
./opt/backupmenu/menu/m-r-r
./opt/backupmenu/menu/m-sshd
./opt/backupmenu/menu/m-e-u
./opt/backupmenu/menu/m-ms
./opt/backupmenu/menu/m-b
./opt/backupmenu/menu/m-r
./opt/backupmenu/menu/m-b-n
./opt/backupmenu/menu/m-r-h
./opt/backupmenu/menu/m-b-r
./opt/backupmenu/menu/m-b-h
./opt/backupmenu/menu/m-e-s-f
./opt/backupmenu/menu/m-r-n
./opt/backupmenu/menu/m-e-s
./opt/backupmenu/menu/m-r-a
./opt/backupmenu/menu/m-e
./opt/backupmenu/1-Welcome
./opt/backupmenu/pass
./sbin/
./sbin/preinit
./sbin/evtap
~ # tar xjvf /home/user/MyDocs/nitdroid_n9_jellybean_alpha5.tar.bz2 -C /home/nit
droid/

default.prop
init
inhome/user/MyDocs/build.prop /home/nitdroid/system/
cp: can't stat '/home/user/MyDocs/build.prop': No such file or directory
~ # cp /home/user/MyDocs/build.prop /home/nitdroid/system/
cp: can't stat '/home/user/MyDocs/build.prop': No such file or directory
~ # cp /home/user/MyDocs/build.prop /home/nitdroid/system/
~ # mv /home/user/MyDocs/power.omap3.so /home/nitdroid/system/lib/hw/power.omap3
.so
~ # cd /home/nitdroid/system/lib/hw/
/home/nitdroid/system/lib/hw # chmod 644 power.omap3.so
/home/nitdroid/system/lib/hw # mv /home/user/MyDocs/audio_policy.conf /home/nitd
roid/system/etc/audio_policy.conf
mv: can't rename '/home/user/MyDocs/audio_policy.conf': No such file or directory
/home/nitdroid/system/lib/hw # mv /home/user/MyDocs/audio_policy.conf /home/nitd
roid/system/etc/audio_policy.conf
/home/nitdroid/system/lib/hw # cd /home/nitdroid/system/etc/
/home/nitdroid/system/etc # chmod 644 audio_policy.conf
/home/nitdroid/system/etc #

Remember that you need to hold down "volume down" when powering on to access boot menu

thestalker
2017-05-04, 16:44
c:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher>flasher -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_006-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -k zlmage -flash-only=kernel -f -R
flasher 3.12.1 (Oct 6 2011) Harmattan
ERROR: Only single flash option is allowed
ERROR: Error processing option -f
Not sure what I am doing wrong, i was just following the tutorial lol
*2 even if use the flasher -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_006-OEM1-958_ARM.bin it says nothing to do lol everything is in it's place and i've ran cmd as administrator

thestalker
2017-05-04, 17:36
I managed to get it running but now i have a dialog that says WARNING: bad kernel format in zlmage
FIASCO ERROR: zlmage: No such file or directory

>The main problem was the typing of z"I"mage, I put a low-case L instead of uppercase I.

thestalker
2017-05-04, 18:35
So, I've installed sillyboot and nitdroid but when i turn it on and press volume up it displays 3 @@@ symbols and after a few moments turns itself off.

aspergerguy
2017-05-04, 18:47
So, I've installed sillyboot and nitdroid but when i turn it on and press volume up

Try holding volume down (button nearest power button) in whilst pressing power button, if not a typographic error.

thestalker
2017-05-04, 18:48
Try holding volume down (button nearest power button) in whilst pressing power button, if not a typographic error.

I just realized that I have to install it in /home/ and not /home/nitdroid/

aspergerguy
2017-05-04, 18:54
c:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher>flasher -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_006-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -k zlmage -flash-only=kernel -f -R

Clue in error message as should be:
c:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher>flasher -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_006-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -k zlmage --flash-only=kernel -f -R

with two -- before flash-only not one.

thestalker
2017-05-04, 18:56
Clue in error message as should be:
c:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher>flasher -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_006-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -k zlmage --flash-only=kernel -f -R

with two -- before flash-only not one.

In a few tuts i've found online there was only one dash (-) but it's all well now, i'm currently booting in ICS.
What's up with the Wi-Fi loop, it can't find any connections? It's not a problem tho.

aspergerguy
2017-05-04, 19:06
What's up with the Wi-Fi loop, it can't find any connections? It's not a problem tho.

Ignore Google account request and then go into Settings > Tap on WiFi > tap on three vertical dots @ bottom right of screen > Advanced > Unmark - Avoid poor connection and try again as this worked for me and informed me that had a good connection.

thestalker
2017-05-04, 19:23
Ignore Google account request and then go into Settings > Tap on WiFi > tap on three vertical dots @ bottom right of screen > Advanced > Unmark - Avoid poor connection and try again as this worked for me and informed me that had a good connection.

Actually none of that worked for me, I used the + symbol and added the Network SSID and security method and then my connection appeared.

thestalker
2017-05-05, 09:42
There is no sound coming out of the speakers when something plays, the headphones are not working either.

aspergerguy
2017-05-05, 11:18
There is no sound coming out of the speakers when something plays, the headphones are not working either.

Not in position to offer advice here unfortunately, as no such problems on Jelly Bean alpha 5.

thestalker
2017-05-05, 12:44
definitely not working, harmattan gives all sounds but jellybean doesn't.

thestalker
2017-05-05, 13:41
OK guys so anyone having problems with sound on ICS-Jellybean port, here is the solution:
Download this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s86xaslf4mq1yh2/audio_policy.conf?dl=0 and after that copy it to your N9 root folder.
Now start Terminal and put in the following lines:

FOR UBIBOOT
mv /home/user/MyDocs/audio_policy.conf/home/nitdroid/system/etc/audio_policy.conf (enter)

Cd /home/nitdroid/system/etc/ (enter)

Chmod 644 audio_policy.conf (enter)
FOR SILLYBOOT
mv /home/user/MyDocs/audio_policy.conf/home/system/etc/audio_policy.conf (enter)

Cd /home/system/etc/ (enter)

Chmod 644 audio_policy.conf (enter)

thestalker
2017-05-05, 13:57
I'll also try to add GAPPS to my N9 and will keep you posted with updates.

aspergerguy
2017-05-05, 14:01
after that copy it to your N9 root folder.

Might just have added for completeness audio_policy.conf has to have .txt removed after download.

thestalker
2017-05-05, 14:03
I also recommend downloading this for better performance: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwgrl7d2l9zpb74/power.omap3.so?dl=0
Put in root folder and put the following lines in Terminal:

FOR UBIBOOT
Cp /home/user/MyDocs/build.prop/home/nitdroid/system/ (enter)

Mv /home/user/MyDocs/power.omap3.so/home/nitdroid/system/lib/hw/power.omap3.so (enter)

Cd /home/nitdroid/system/lib/hw/ (enter)

Chmod 644 power.omap3.so (enter)

FOR SILLYBOOT
Cp /home/user/MyDocs/build.prop/home/system/ (enter)

Mv /home/user/MyDocs/power.omap3.so/home/system/lib/hw/power.omap3.so (enter)

Cd /home/system/lib/hw/ (enter)

Chmod 644 power.omap3.so (enter)

thestalker
2017-05-05, 14:04
Might just have added for completeness audio_policy.conf has to have .txt removed after download.
No .txt after downloading this file, dunno how you got it tho

aspergerguy
2017-05-05, 14:28
No .txt after downloading this file, dunno how you got it tho

Must be just a Mac user thing as downloads it as a Plain Text Document, thanks for pointing this out!

thestalker
2017-05-05, 14:47
Here's how it looks

thestalker
2017-05-05, 15:11
How do you mount the SDCARD since I've got the 64GB version and only 1GB for storage space?

aspergerguy
2017-05-06, 14:23
How do you mount the SDCARD since I've got the 64GB version and only 1GB for storage space?

You must have got good reason for wanting ICS rather than Jelly Bean, but with demise of forum.nitdroid I don't know where you are going to find hack for ICS. Here is image uponJelly Bean on N9 64GB http://i65.tinypic.com/2exnhbq.png

Incidentally have you found Google Play automatically updating to 7.7.31.0-all and then stopping in ICS? As a temporary fix to grab an application, you can always downgrade to an earlier version using previous version choices in Aptoide app., however it will quickly stop due to upgrading in the background to latest version.

thestalker
2017-05-07, 12:58
You must have got good reason for wanting ICS rather than Jelly Bean, but with demise of forum.nitdroid I don't know where you are going to find hack for ICS. Here is image uponJelly Bean on N9 64GB http://i65.tinypic.com/2exnhbq.png

Incidentally have you found Google Play automatically updating to 7.7.31.0-all and then stopping in ICS? As a temporary fix to grab an application, you can always downgrade to an earlier version using previous version choices in Aptoide app., however it will quickly stop due to upgrading in the background to latest version.
I have Jellybean lol it says that the Total Space is 1.97GB and there is a USB STORAGE with 53.72GB on which I cannot install anything.

thestalker
2017-05-07, 16:46
Please help me with this issue, I have a business trip in 2 days and I have to fix this ASAP

aspergerguy
2017-05-07, 19:14
Please help me with this issue,

To avoid any misconception I have exactly the same result upon my N9 and not even sure whether this was ever addressed; consequently not in any position to offer further advice unfortunately. Battery life upon mine is also very poor at about 4hrs.http://i64.tinypic.com/wqxcub.png

thestalker
2017-05-07, 23:10
i managed to break my Nitdroid after installing the apps2sd fix, the system is so slow after the checking sd card pops out and im really pissed about it. I'll reset the n9 to factory and this time I think i'll go with Ubiboot

tcbl50
2017-05-09, 07:04
Don't care much tbh, I just want it done.

i understand that feeling!!:)

thestalker
2017-06-06, 13:33
Now it wont charge, goes to os selection screen and after starting to boot it restarts itself on charger.
>edit
actually now it turns on the led very dim and after a few seonds turns bright and after that blinks a few times and that's about it.

thestalker
2017-07-03, 12:00
Looks like i'm gonna have to bump this

aspergerguy
2017-07-03, 14:09
Now it wont charge, goes to os selection screen and after starting to boot it restarts itself on charger.
>edit
actually now it turns on the led very dim and after a few seonds turns bright and after that blinks a few times and that's about it.

Not sure whether this is same issue as sounds like flat battery:http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1523996&postcount=9

Look under "Charging" with Ubiboot http://wiki.maemo.org/Ubiboot