maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [WIP] App / Tweak: patchmanager a system-wide patching system + homescreen tweak (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92935)

coderus 2014-12-16 21:54

Re: [WIP] App / Tweak: patchmanager a system-wide patching system + homescreen tweak

@nodevel already here.

coderus 2014-12-16 22:44

Re: [WIP] App / Tweak: patchmanager a system-wide patching system + homescreen tweak

MazeLock patch available on openrepos now: https://openrepos.net/content/coderus/patch-mazelock

foufoutos 2014-12-17 01:27

i cant install ''problem with installing''

malkavian 2014-12-17 08:26

Yesterday I installed Update9. I updated Patchmanager and have it now in Settings (after (un)installation of related packages).

I installed:

2. LauncherGrid Advanced
4. FolderIcons remastered for u9

But can't load none of them. I didn't rebooted phone, but restarted lipstick. Didn't tried to unload others. I have loaded these patches: 5x6 launcher, Control center in ambience switcher (!!! read next paragraph about it), Control center in events view, Force 3x3 multitask grid, Swipe feedback, Title visible in edit mode, Better Call Log and Disblae volume warning.

I see loaded "Control center in ambience switche". If I enter to more data about it, it says that it is no available anymore. I can deactivate it, but next time I enter in Patchmanager I see it again there, activated (although it doesn't work).

I neither can load "Better video controls".

coderus 2014-12-17 09:02

Updated MazeLock to v0.0.2
Download: https://openrepos.net/content/coderus/patch-mazelock
* Disabled Maze on SIM pin code query window.

@foufoutos you need to opt-in to update9 to install my patches
@malkavian you can't use original 5x6 launcher patch and LauncherGrid advanced. Isn't it obvious? About other patches: are you updated them to last versions compatible with u9 (if available)?

malkavian 2014-12-17 11:17

@coderus I have all updated. It's not obvious for me, I thought it was an addition and not a substitute. Please edit the post to say that and make it clear for others ;)

FolderIcons is great! But it is incompatible with "5x6 launcher" and with "LauncherGrid Advanced".

"LauncherGrid Advanced" is a good concept to save space but:

1- Makes icon texts too tiny
2- It neither let you have more than 4 rows of icons inside a folder, so space saved is unusable inside folders.

Thanks for your great work Coderus... and Sfiet_Konstantin obviously

late88 2014-12-17 11:19

I activated the MazeLock and now I'm confused how to acces my phone. How is it possible to enter for example three same numbers in a row?

coderus 2014-12-17 11:27

@late88 try to read description of everything you installing
solution: long press activates keypad ;)
@malkavian LauncherGrid Advanced is REPLACEMENT of old 5x6 grid patch. FolderIcons and LauncherGrid can't be applied together at the moment, it was reported before. ideas and feedback for mazelock are welcome! Can make also option to keep font size unchanged (i like seeing big font when activating grid less than 4 in a row and tiny font when activating grid more that 4 columns) and will look into folders also, thanks for report.

late88 2014-12-17 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1452492)
@late88 try to read description of everything you installing
solution: long press activates keypad ;)

Thanks for solution and sorry for that, I'm at work and too busy :)

coderus 2014-12-17 13:07

MazeLock updated to 0.0.3:
Download: https://openrepos.net/content/coderus/patch-mazelock
* Disable ok button in MazeLock
* Removed bottom margin
* Fixed maze dots active size
Added settings dconf /desktop/nemo/devicelock/mazelock:
colored (true/false): use different colors for nodes
dconf write /desktop/nemo/devicelock/mazelock/colored false
maskImmediately (true/false): do not show input digit for a second
dconf write /desktop/nemo/devicelock/mazelock/maskImmediately true

carmenluci 2014-12-17 16:26

Hi, Coderus!!
Mazelock and Folder Icons patches are really awesome!! Thank you so much!!
I have a folder with Launchers Web, however I can't see any icons in folder. Is possible to fix this issue?

coderus 2014-12-17 16:45

Help me testing combined patch: Launcher Combined Patch
Patch combines LauncherGrid Advanced patch + FolderIcons patch
Not just combine, also improve of both patches:
* Inside folders removed 4 rows limit, height limited by footer only (needs for closing folder)
* Browser bookmarks icons are correctly shown inside FolderIcon
* Inside icon style selector fixed lost tick icon for selected style icon
Contains dconf settings in /apps/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/settings:
launcherColumns (1-6): set columns you want to have
dconf write /apps/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/settings/launcherColumns 3
firstRowLabel (true/false): set if first row labels should be always visible or dynamically
dconf write /apps/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/settings/firstRowLabel true
changeFontSize (true/false): set if labels font size should be changed when changing columns count
dconf write /apps/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/settings/changeFontSize false
Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1-3.noarch.rpm
Git: https://github.com/CODeRUS/sailfisho...combined-patch

coderus 2014-12-17 16:59

@carmenluci your problem is fixed in patch above

carmenluci 2014-12-17 17:08

I've installed combined patche, but icons in Foldericon is empty for my folder with browser bookmarks.

malkavian 2014-12-17 17:14

Launcher combined working here with changeFontSize to false..

Fantabulous!!!

http://viliflik.files.wordpress.com/...mad-hatter.jpg

coderus 2014-12-17 17:28

@carmenluci fixed it, post contains new link now :)

carmenluci 2014-12-17 18:08

1 Attachment(s)
It's not working:

BTW, how I can get original grid?

clovis86 2014-12-17 18:11

does anyone can post some screenshot of latest patchs please ? :D

Teun 2014-12-17 18:18

3 Attachment(s)
here my launcher .. NU is a browser tab

carmenluci 2014-12-17 18:46

Ok, I got 4 columns with terminal:
dconf write /apps/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/settings/launcherColumns 4

coderus 2014-12-17 18:47

@carmenluci you installed this file? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1-3.noarch.rpm
you also need to disable old patch and enable new patch in patchmanager to make it work. it's not regular application, it's not takes effect just after installation.

carmenluci 2014-12-17 19:03

You are in right!! Now it's working!!
Thank you, @coderus!!

carmenluci 2014-12-17 19:16

However there is a bug: when I push on folder with bookmarks, the phone reboots

coderus 2014-12-17 19:22

@carmenluci this is impossible :)

carmenluci 2014-12-17 19:24

Only it's happening with this folder, what I'm doing wrong?

coderus 2014-12-17 19:30

i have no idea

carmenluci 2014-12-17 19:39

I've deleted all bookmarks, and created again, and it seems it's working fine now.

carmenluci 2014-12-17 20:08

Sorry, @coderus, I have problems when I access on folder bookmarks. I unsintalled and reinstalled last version of patch. I don't know what I did wrong, but when I accessed on the folder at first, my phone rebooted. Next, when I access on folder, sometimes works, but sometimes reboots my phone.
Finally, I change folder icon to default folder

TMavica 2014-12-18 04:10

@coderus
The bookmark icon folder make lipstick crash after I go inside bookmark icon folder

coderus 2014-12-18 06:50

it's not happening to me. lalalalalalala

coderus 2014-12-18 13:25

RandomKeypad
http://i.imgur.com/MIjNjZ7.png

minimos 2014-12-18 15:15

Is the patchmanager system (and its various patches) resistant to SailfishOS upgrade, or is it e.g. recommended to remove the patches before applying an upgrade?

dirkvl 2014-12-18 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by minimos (Post 1452703)
Is the patchmanager system (and its various patches) resistant to SailfishOS upgrade, or is it e.g. recommended to remove the patches before applying an upgrade?

i believe it is strongly recommended to disable all patches.

anyhow... my patchmanager does not work anymore (not updated to u10 yet), just shows blank white screen.... what to do? :(

coderus 2014-12-18 16:17

well, all patched files will be overwritten anyway, so imho no difference here.
and
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfiet_Konstantin"
install jolla-settings-patchmanager as a workaround

Mikkosssss 2014-12-18 17:55

Someone who has tried update 10 please tell if some patches wont work that worked on 9, so I can wait them to be fixed before I update.

Maze lock probably wont work yet but I know that coderus will fix it soon.

Thanks!

szopin 2014-12-18 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1452687)

could this be enabled _only_ for math alarm? for dialing would be terrible, for math alarm would be extra layer of security

coderus 2014-12-18 18:26

@szopin i dont know what is math alarm, i'll check it
@Mikkosssss main.qml file location changed in u10 from main subfolder to lipstick root folder, so all patches using it will stop working.

szopin 2014-12-18 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1452765)
@szopin i dont know what is math alarm, i'll check it
@Mikkosssss main.qml file location changed in u10 from main subfolder to lipstick root folder, so all patches using it will stop working.

it's one of the patches, makes you solve a simple equation to disable alarm, sadly sometimes so simple it doesn't work as intended, with this should be foolproof

malkavian 2014-12-18 23:32

"Launcher combined" and "Control center in events view" don't work with Update10. Cannot load control center one. Launcher combined is marked as loaded (but isn't working) and cannot be unloaded. 5x6 launcher works.

wormdrummer 2014-12-18 23:36

Mikkosssss, the maze lock and folder icon patches do not work in Update10.