maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [WIP] List of Package/Executable Names of All Maemo Applications (For Portrait Blacklist) (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=76377)

AlMehdi 2011-09-07 20:37

Re: [REQUEST/WIP] List of Package/Executable Names of All Maemo Applications

This is better than "dpkg -l" as it will only show user installed apps..

Code:

maemo-list-user-packages | awk '{print $1}'
Without the piped awk it will show the app info if that is needed.

kaos_king 2011-09-07 22:16

Re: [REQUEST/WIP] Internal Names of All Maemo Applications

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boemien (Post 1083778)
Yes. Enable it to have portrait support in task switcher!

Yes but my issue is that it does go portait if i switch to task switcher when the phone is angled towards that way but i dont want it to be portrait, I want the screen landscape permenantly.

Boemien 2011-09-08 10:32

Re: [REQUEST/WIP] List of Package/Executable Names of All Maemo Applications

Thread Updated thanks to all members.

aanckar 2011-09-08 10:37

Re: [WIP] List of Package/Executable Names of All Maemo Applications (For Portrait Blacklist)

Add preenv to the list to stop WebOS games from rotating.

Boemien 2011-09-08 10:42

Re: [WIP] List of Package/Executable Names of All Maemo Applications (For Portrait Blacklist)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aanckar (Post 1084156)
Add preenv to the list to stop WebOS games from rotating.

Thanks but as preenv is not an installable software but a set of libraries, I don't know if it will work, but I will add it too. Anyway I already added preenv games that I have installed on my Phone.
Thanks!! :cool:

J4ZZ 2011-09-08 11:06

Why we just don't make a list of only these programs that actually needs blacklisting because of not being compatible with portrait yet instead of listing all possible programs.
Just a fancy idea ;)

Greetz,

J4ZZ

cloud596 2011-09-08 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boemien (Post 1084159)
Thanks but as preenv is not an installable software but a set of libraries, I don't know if it will work, but I will add it too. Anyway I already added preenv games that I have installed on my Phone.
Thanks!! :cool:

just set the exec directly to the game not to preenv. i had tested .

if u had need for speed just add nfsuc to the blacklist

Boemien 2011-09-08 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by J4ZZ (Post 1084174)
Why we just don't make a list of only these programs that actually needs blacklisting because of not being compatible with portrait yet instead of listing all possible programs.
Just a fancy idea ;)

Greetz,

J4ZZ

This list can also be useful in the case you want to uninstall an application which is not listed int the app manager. Bloks for example, Chess or Mahjong. I don't play these games. By the way if someone knows a way to delete them...:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud596 (Post 1084175)
just set the exec directly to the game not to preenv. i had tested .

if u had need for speed just add nfsuc to the blacklist

That's exactly what i meant.

J4ZZ 2011-09-08 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boemien (Post 1084210)
Bloks for example, Chess or Mahjong. I don't play these games. By the way if someone knows a way to delete them...:rolleyes:

Code:

apt-get remove maemoblocks
Code:

apt-get remove osso-mahjong
Code:

apt-get remove gnuchess osso-chess-ui osso-graphics-game-chess osso-sounds-game-chess
(maybe gnuchess is enough to remove, not tested)

:)

J4ZZ

Boemien 2011-09-08 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by J4ZZ (Post 1084253)
Code:

apt-get remove maemoblocks
Code:

apt-get remove osso-mahjong
Code:

apt-get remove gnuchess osso-chess-ui osso-graphics-game-chess osso-sounds-game-chess
(maybe gnuchess is enough to remove, not tested)

:)

J4ZZ

Thanks bro; You're the man. I will also add these games to the list on first page!