maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Nokia ending support for MeeGo and Symbian applications (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91520)

anzx 2013-10-04 19:00

Re: Nokia ending support for MeeGo and Symbian applications

so what are Meego's chances? Is there any chance that this community build updates on meego? Maybe maemo 7? (because I personally think that Sailfish is too complicated to use, and I don't see anything better vs meego, except apps) I don't know I'm not a developer and I'm quite new at this community, but what I know It hurts when you got "stabbed" in your back like this, this community didn't deserved this... So I wonder, is this community capable of providing their own (meego reinvented) OS?

turbovomit 2013-10-04 19:11

FREE APPS !
Sorry.

Leinad 2013-10-04 19:38

i hope, by this date, we can use Jolla store...

setter 2013-10-04 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leinad (Post 1378619)
i hope, by this date, we can use Jolla store...

I believe you can but I still want to use my N9 :(

ajalkane 2013-10-04 20:07

Expected development. Good thing we have openrepos.

Eztran 2013-10-04 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by anzx (Post 1378617)
so what are Meego's chances? Is there any chance that this community build updates on meego? Maybe maemo 7? (because I personally think that Sailfish is too complicated to use, and I don't see anything better vs meego, except apps) I don't know I'm not a developer and I'm quite new at this community, but what I know It hurts when you got "stabbed" in your back like this, this community didn't deserved this... So I wonder, is this community capable of providing their own (meego reinvented) OS?

If you're just talking bugfixes and minor feature additions to Harmattan, these may be possible (OpenRepos and an mp-harmattan version bump will probably be instrumental) .

If you're after an entire new OS version, you probably want to keep an eye on Nemo Mobile long-term, as it's basically a successor to MeeGo. It's still in the process of transition to Wayland right now though - see its subforum here, or #nemomobile on freenode.

mikecomputing 2013-10-04 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eztran (Post 1378624)
If you're just talking bugfixes and minor feature additions to Harmattan, these may be possible (OpenRepos and an mp-harmattan version bump will probably be instrumental) .

If you're after an entire new OS version, you probably want to keep an eye on Nemo Mobile long-term, as it's basically a successor to MeeGo. It's still in the process of transition to Wayland right now though - see its subforum here, or #nemomobile on freenode.

yes, nemomobile is about fightthefuture and we should support it!

I think that project can be really cool if more getting involved. It also helps Jolla fans.

Harmattan and Fremantle is dead platforms. accept it and move forward :) N9 will live on without nokia but now as an community project.

Summary is we should all help port harmattan apps to nemo.

No way I continue upgrade my N9 harmattan apps in ovi **** store. I go to sailfishos and nemo thats for sure.

marxian 2013-10-04 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikkosssss (Post 1378601)
Only thing I am worried is CuteTube. It needs updates often and I cant live without it. :(

I'll be making cuteTube and MusiKloud freely available at (or before) the end of the year. Updates will continue to be released. :)

NokiaFanatic 2013-10-04 22:46

I really need to change my username :(

Elop has truly destroyed this once great company.

Akkumaru 2013-10-04 23:52

OpenRepos is with us. We have the power of open!