maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   A Working Pianobar for maemo 5!! (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86342)

getnani 2012-10-10 10:00

Re: A Working Pianobar for maemo 5!!

I use it almost daily for 2 hrs+ with default sound quality, since i stream it mainly over 3g. havent ever got these issues, unless poor reception when i travel in remote areas. tried doing the same with high sound quality, doesnt stutter. With wifi, which i do very rare, it has no issues, provided not using bluetooth.

NB: If you use bluetooth and wifi, it will stutter, no matter what app u use to listen music/voice. I believe you are not mentioning this issue. and I guess this is like a basic hw issue prevalent in most devices

DrKlaw 2012-10-10 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by getnani (Post 1278725)
I use it almost daily for 2 hrs+ with default sound quality, since i stream it mainly over 3g. havent ever got these issues, unless poor reception when i travel in remote areas. tried doing the same with high sound quality, doesnt stutter. With wifi, which i do very rare, it has no issues, provided not using bluetooth.

NB: If you use bluetooth and wifi, it will stutter, no matter what app u use to listen music/voice. I believe you are not mentioning this issue. and I guess this is like a basic hw issue prevalent in most devices

You are talking about the version you compiled for n900, right? The one I am talking about is pulled down via the Easy Debian chroot. It is easy to pull down and update via Synaptic.

getnani 2012-10-13 21:03

Yes I am talking about the one compiled for n900. I wouldnt have a clue about the easy debian on n900!! Sorry

DrKlaw 2012-11-15 12:48

Hello,

I got this to work! (Your way, not through EasyDebian.) I had to install a few other packages, like an update to grep, for instance, to get libfaad2 to configure and compile, but it all worked out very well. Thanks!

getnani 2012-11-15 14:04

Great... I am sure n900 users who are used to pandora will find it very difficult after pyRadio stopped working. We are at least very lucky to have a SW/ sourcecode that is compilable/ terminal based and that has dependencies which can be easily installed in maemo!! and most importantly widely used and constantly updated!!! Thank u pianobar!!

DfLo1913 2012-11-15 19:00

Any chance this is going to be available in Devel?

getnani 2012-11-15 19:08

I am not sure how we can do this??!!! I mean we just compiled pianobar source from their website, after compiling a dependency. I am happy if someone can maintain this!

DfLo1913 2012-11-15 19:18

That would be awesome and easy for everyone to get. I wish I knew how. Miss pandora on my N900.

DfLo1913 2012-11-15 19:35

Anyone that could help?

DfLo1913 2012-11-15 21:29

I guess not?