maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Themes (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   [Guide]How to create a Maemo5 theme (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=44187)

waqarhassan 2010-03-13 04:34

Re: [Maemo 5]How to create a theme

Decide what you want to call the Theme. Create a folder in C:\Program Files\PLUS!\Themes name it what you want the name of your theme to be. This keeps everything in one place for you to keep everything organized.
==mcts===

d-iivil 2010-03-25 13:01

Re: [Maemo 5]How to create a theme

Just wanted to inform that Stskeeps updated the master template for PR1.2 today and it so far it seems to be working just nice :)
http://gitorious.org/hildon-theme-ex...s/trees/master

NightShift79 2010-06-02 22:19

Re: [Guide]How to create a Maemo5 theme

I really hope some more userfriendly Theme Editor will come around...

joppu 2010-06-03 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightShift79 (Post 696758)
I really hope some more userfriendly Theme Editor will come around...

It pretty much really can't get much easier than it's now. So just try to learn it.

d-iivil 2010-06-03 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by joppu (Post 697563)
It pretty much really can't get much easier than it's now. So just try to learn it.

I wouldn't say it's easy to produce a installable .deb file if you want to take quick test of something. You basically have to options; a) set up a SDK enviroment and build debs there, or b) create a garage account and upload sources to autobuilder and wait for it to build the package and then download it to your phone...

Other than that, theme making is pretty easy atm.

Maybe someday MADDE will include all necessary things for building the package when using stskeeps's theme template.

crash16 2010-06-03 15:52

is there a way to buid the theme.deb without the use of autobuilder?

d-iivil 2010-06-03 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash16 (Post 697909)
is there a way to buid the theme.deb without the use of autobuilder?

Yes, install Maemo5 SDK on your Linux and build packages there :)

crash16 2010-06-03 15:56

i allready did that and i have got this error...:( :

Processed ChatBubbleOtherSW.png
Processed ChatBubbleOtherW.png
Processed ChatBubbleOtherMiddle.png
Done!

touch slice.stamp
make[4]: Leaving directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6/applications/rtcom-messaging-ui'
Making all in backgrounds
make[4]: Entering directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6/applications/backgrounds'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6/applications/backgrounds'
make[4]: Entering directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6/applications'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6/applications'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6/applications'
Making all in matchbox-1
make[3]: Entering directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6/matchbox-1'
hildon-theme-subst /usr/share/hildon-theme-layout-5//layout.txt ./../template/template.png /usr/share/hildon-theme-layout-5//theme-matchbox1.xml theme.xml
Fetching colors...
Processing /usr/share/hildon-theme-layout-5//theme-matchbox1.xml...
sed -i -e 's:@THEME_DIR\@:rstylebluethemedir:' theme.xml
sed -i -e 's:@THEME_FULL_DIR\@:/usr/share/themes/rstylebluethemedir:' theme.xml
sed -i -e 's:@THEME_NAME\@:R-Style Blue Theme:' theme.xml
make[3]: Leaving directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6/matchbox-1'
Making all in matchbox-2
make[3]: Entering directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6/matchbox-2'
hildon-theme-subst /usr/share/hildon-theme-layout-5//layout.txt ./../template/template.png /usr/share/hildon-theme-layout-5//theme.xml theme.xml
Fetching colors...
Processing /usr/share/hildon-theme-layout-5//theme.xml...
sed -i -e 's:@THEME_DIR\@:rstylebluethemedir:' theme.xml
sed -i -e 's:@THEME_FULL_DIR\@:/usr/share/themes/rstylebluethemedir:' theme.xml
sed -i -e 's:@THEME_NAME\@:R-Style Blue Theme:' theme.xml
make[3]: Leaving directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6/matchbox-2'
make[3]: Entering directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6'
#docbook-to-man debian/r-style-blue-theme.sgml > r-style-blue-theme.1
touch build-stamp
fakeroot debian/rules binary
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_clean -k
dh_installdirs
# Add here commands to install the package into debian/r-style-blue-theme.
/scratchbox/tools/bin/make DESTDIR=/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6/debian/r-style-blue-theme install
make[1]: Entering directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6'
Making install in template
make[2]: Entering directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6/template'
mkdir -p -- . /scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6/debian/r-style-blue-theme//usr/share/themes/rstylebluethemedir/images
convert -rotate 90 LockSliderLeft.png LockSliderTop.png
make[2]: convert: Command not found
make[2]: *** [install] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6/template'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6'
make: *** [install] Error 2
[sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: /scratchbox/users/crash/home/crash/MyDocs/r-style-blue-theme-1.6] >

crash16 2010-06-03 15:57

it says that "convert: Command not found" . what is this? do i have to install something to avoid getting this error?

d-iivil 2010-06-03 16:19

You need to install additional tools to scratchbox (see themes control file what are build depencies and install those into scratchbox) and then build deb using this command:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -tc