maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Multimedia (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   [ANNOUNCE] SomeCover - Album art manager for SomePlayer and TPlayer (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70959)

MohammadAG 2011-03-12 21:08

Re: [ANNOUNCE] SomeCover - Album art manager for SomePlayer and TPlayer

Both are using different backends, my goal is to provide a 1:1 (or close to 1:1) clone of the stock media player in Qt while using the same DBus calls and MAFW, that way, current applications using MAFW (media-im-status-updater, nowplayingd, some applets showing current song) won't break, while adding as much functionality on the way.

In short, it's not about which media player is best, both have their goals and their limitations based on those goals. ;)

MohammadAG 2011-03-12 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by somebody (Post 966504)
Problem is in filenames for covers. So, MussOrgsky and Tracker save in 'album-'+md5(' ')+'-'md5(album_name)+'.jpg'.
I don't understand why first hash is md5(' ') :)

Just embed the album art in the file itself, tracker should handle those files, not you :)

laasonen 2011-03-12 21:12

This should be merged to the SomePlayer.

Alfred 2011-03-12 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MohammadAG (Post 966511)
Both are using different backends, my goal is to provide a 1:1 (or close to 1:1) clone of the stock media player in Qt while using the same DBus calls and MAFW, that way, current applications using MAFW (media-im-status-updater, nowplayingd, some applets showing current song) won't break, while adding as much functionality on the way.

In short, it's not about which media player is best, both have their goals and their limitations based on those goals. ;)

Thanks MAG, that is exaclty what i wanted to hear from You! I like the built-in player... now back to Nikolay: is it a bug or something wrong with me/ my n900: if i go play a song and then press "minimize" player stops or pauses(doesn't really matter, does it?) the song... weird, right?

SSLMM 2011-03-13 01:43

It downloads the covers only and i can see them on somecover, but in someplayer it keeps showing me always the cover of one of the albuns that i have, in all musics :s

Any sugestions?

somebody 2011-03-13 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by laasonen (Post 966513)
This should be merged to the SomePlayer.

No, I don't want to merge. SomeCover is just utility to fetch covers. It may be helpful sometimes. No reason to increase size of SomePlayer. Another reason - SomeCover may be helpful to TPlayer users or stock media player users (after adding support for stock player).

somebody 2011-03-13 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfred (Post 966515)
is it a bug or something wrong with me/ my n900: if i go play a song and then press "minimize" player stops or pauses(doesn't really matter, does it?) the song... weird, right?

This is because I'm using Phonon, not MAFW.

PS> у MAFW как-то повышен приоритет для отрисовки звука. Phonon использует gstreamer без таких плюшек, отсюда и все проблемы. Исследую возможность прикрутить MAFW с эквалайзером в качестве бэкенда.

Alfred 2011-03-13 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by somebody (Post 966655)
This is because I'm using Phonon, not MAFW.

PS> у MAFW как-то повышен приоритет для отрисовки звука. Phonon использует gstreamer без таких плюшек, отсюда и все проблемы. Исследую возможность прикрутить MAFW с эквалайзером в качестве бэкенда.

Спасибо, well i aint really into this stuff, so i am just looking into new updates. Молодец, так держать, не посрамим Русских программистов!

somebody 2011-03-16 14:42

Cover downloading is temporary disabled (I have issues with my hosting provider).

raverpol 2011-03-16 15:20

doesn't work for me :(