maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   MeeGo 1.3 Community Edition Fall Release out (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78147)

arora.rohan 2011-09-30 18:09

Re: MeeGo 1.3 Community Edition Fall Release out

I'll post one tomorrow..my exams going on..actually had to post it today..but my bandwidth very less...ill make a Non HD one tomorrow and post! hopefully if i dont procrastinate.. X-/ !

prankster 2011-09-30 18:11

@Woot
Agreed to 2nd point ,between it could be more fascinating if we could have just stick to one perfect OS ,no matter if it was meego,maemo or anything else .
i love meego and i hope it is a big release and we see more of such work in future !!

w00t 2011-09-30 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by abill_uk (Post 1099772)
Is there ANY possible chance that meego could be available as a progammable os for the N900 completely taking over the Maemo os instead of running from an sd card ?.

by installing on the eMMC, yes. this isn't as tested (and thus supported) as it does actually wipe out the possibility to run Maemo, but it is technically possible

trisha02 2011-09-30 18:25

its not stable right? i nevr tried meego. want to try it. so shud i install 1.2? or wait for 1.3 to be stable?

abill_uk 2011-09-30 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by w00t (Post 1099795)
by installing on the eMMC, yes. this isn't as tested (and thus supported) as it does actually wipe out the possibility to run Maemo, but it is technically possible

IF you want recognition big time then please please get it working as an os and make sure you got battery charging and ALL component drivers within the os.

MANY people will want meego to take over Maemo IF it is capable of ALL components within the N900.

Do this and meego will make breath taking ground for sure.

mikecomputing 2011-09-30 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by w00t (Post 1099795)

works fine until battery drain..... So you must make sure battery never goes empty.

Tried on my third "exprimental device". I bought this device very cheep (old user said wifi and camera was broken) and I reflashed Fremantle several times and didnt get wifi up. But for some reason I got it working on Meego 1.3 dont know how :O

:cool:

Now I hope the adoption team make the camera alive too hehe ;)

mikecomputing 2011-09-30 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by trisha02 (Post 1099797)
its not stable right? i nevr tried meego. want to try it. so shud i install 1.2? or wait for 1.3 to be stable?

you should go for 1.3 on external MMC install is way faster than old 1.2. and it has more cool apps installed from scratch.

gazza_d 2011-09-30 18:49

Is it now possible to install Meego to a microSD card without it needing to be the first partition, which makes the card contents invisible to maemo.

I would like to try it, but want to keep the majority of my 32GB card available to maemo, and I don't really wanna swap cards every time.

w00t 2011-09-30 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecomputing (Post 1099816)
Now I hope the adoption team make the camera alive too hehe ;)

camera should work out of the box, afaik...

trisha02 2011-10-01 05:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecomputing (Post 1099825)
you should go for 1.3 on external MMC install is way faster than old 1.2. and it has more cool apps installed from scratch.

i want to install it on my emmc.just wanna try it bcz i nevr felt the heat of meego.i dnt hav any mmc card.can u guide me how to install, the changelog, how to install the apps, where to get the apps, what to avoid and all.plzz help me.i will flash maemo if necessary if meego cannot run alongside with maemo.