maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Games (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [Announce] Reverstris Lite 1.2 (DEB available) (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71458)

AgogData 2011-03-25 05:41

Re: [Announce (almost)] Reverstris Lite

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholes (Post 975308)
the thread is saying "Announce" so thought it is out ...anyway i am waitingfor the game. thanks!

you didn't notice the "almost" part like me, we all got punk'd :D

TheBurek 2011-03-25 06:22

Yeah, I assumed thread might turn out like this :D But, as I said, the game is a few days from release, at most, so stay tuned, I think it might be worth the wait.

Andy1210 2011-03-25 16:30

wow, this is amazing :)

kinggo 2011-03-28 08:56

this looks very promising.

LTman 2011-03-28 09:34

Just for the sake of asking how many lines of code does your app consist of

TheBurek 2011-03-31 06:23

What a coincidence - I was just counting :) 12769 at the moment. And I'm hoping it's final. As you can see, we missed our planned release for the weekend, but you probably saw that coming. I'd say Maemo build is final, working smoothly, unless we see some last-minute bugs. I'm now off to touch up the Android build a bit, and if I don't get hit by a meteorite or something, the game will be released today, in a couple of hours if all goes right. Android build was holding us back mostly. There were some god-awful bugs related to SDL_mixer linkage that manifested only on some devices, I thought we're doomed. But it's ok now, everything seems to be working. We mainly just need to package releases for all the platforms and setup the download section on our site :)

jj0 2011-03-31 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBurek (Post 978942)
We mainly just need to package releases for all the platforms and setup the download section on our site :)

If it's free, then post the package here...

mattiasbäx 2011-03-31 08:16

I guess you could postpone the release and enter the meego coding competition with this game?

TheBurek 2011-03-31 08:41

Can't do that, tonight is the deadline for an Android competition we entered a month ago :) And while we're at packagind, turns out I have no clue how to make a proper DEB. My project is written in Eclipse for C/C++ and its make scripts are all generated by Eclipse and as far as I can see, those can't provide any easy way to make a DEB. Any hints? Good guides? Volunteers maybe? If I don't figure this out soon, I'll just dump the binary with its data files in a ZIP or something, cause I'm really anxoius to release it already. I can take care of the nice packaging later.

jj0 2011-03-31 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBurek (Post 978991)
turns out I have no clue how to make a proper DEB. My project is written in Eclipse for C/C++ and its make scripts are all generated by Eclipse and as far as I can see, those can't provide any easy way to make a DEB. Any hints? Good guides? Volunteers maybe? If I don't figure this out soon, I'll just dump the binary with its data files in a ZIP or something, cause I'm really anxoius to release it already. I can take care of the nice packaging later.

Easy:

- mkdir -p reverstris-lite_0.1_armel/DEBIAN
- in reverstris-lite_0.1_armel create the folder structure with how the files should reside on the N900, i.e. mkdir usr/... opt/... whatever, put the files there
- into DEBIAN/ copy a file control, which you should just copy over from some deb you already have, you can extract it there with:
dpkg -e the-other-deb-file-name.deb reverstris-lite_0.1_armel/DEBIAN
- edit the control, it's selfexplanatory, put in the details, like name of the package etc. easy
- if you need postinst scripts i.e. something that should be done after the deb is installed, create postinst postrm etc. scripts in the DEBIAN directory, you can find examples of these in many debs you have.

Generate the deb with:
dpkg -b reverstris-lite_0.1_armel

That's it, easy.