maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   The Other Half (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   SolarJolla (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91933)

kinggo 2013-12-04 10:43

Re: SolarJolla

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirkvl (Post 1392445)
The panel is 3mm thick, as well as the voltage regulator. So, I project the phone will we around 3mm thicker and will have slightly round back, like N9.

I don't mind the thickness, but I would like flat TOH. I don't know what is your plan for this, make them and sell them or just provide us with schematics. THX in both cases. And if it is the later I suppose that panel is just glued on original TOH. And in that case I hope for some 3D printed covers that will be a bit thicker in top area with a space to glue the panel. But that raises another question, how thick TOH can be without making negative impact on camera.

dirkvl 2013-12-04 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinggo (Post 1392473)
I don't mind the thickness, but I would like flat TOH. I don't know what is your plan for this, make them and sell them or just provide us with schematics. THX in both cases. And if it is the later I suppose that panel is just glued on original TOH. And in that case I hope for some 3D printed covers that will be a bit thicker in top area with a space to glue the panel. But that raises another question, how thick TOH can be without making negative impact on camera.

Pre-ordering the solar-oh will start in 2014.

benny1967 2013-12-04 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirkvl (Post 1392477)
Pre-ordering the solar-oh will start in 2014.

You still have to learn a lot. We don't say "2014" or any such thing. We say "soon". :D

dirkvl 2013-12-04 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by benny1967 (Post 1392494)
You still have to learn a lot. We don't say "2014" or any such thing. We say "soon". :D

Sorry, pre-ordering will 'probably' start 'soon' for 'everyone'

ste-phan 2013-12-04 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirkvl (Post 1392459)
I like the enthousiasm, but you do realise this will result in an enormous phone??

"And add a battery!" "And add a drink dispenser!"

1 step at a time.

NFC, seems to me like a patch sized antenna (looks to the other half of 808)
it's not thicker than 1 or 2mm maximum.

Despite the undeniable coolness of the Sollar OH I may drop it in favor of an attractive keyboard other half.

At that point I don't see myself swap my keyboard for the Sollar OH unless I am somewhere in the dessert.

What about stackable other halves? Can this I2C connector be passed through to another attached 2nd other third?

Dave999 2013-12-04 12:04

How fast can it charge?

kinggo 2013-12-04 12:13

is it so difficult to read thread with ~ 15 replys Polluter999 :confused:
it's all in #3

dirkvl 2013-12-04 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ste-phan (Post 1392500)
NFC, seems to me like a patch sized antenna (looks to the other half of 808)
it's not thicker than 1 or 2mm maximum.

Search for "i2c nfc". These parts are larger than 2mm and the design problems are primarily software. Also, offtopic.

Quote:

Despite the undeniable coolness of the Sollar OH I may drop it in favor of an attractive keyboard other half.

At that point I don't see myself swap my keyboard for the Sollar OH unless I am somewhere in the dessert.

This is the whole idea of the Other Halves.

Quote:

Can this I2C connector be passed through to another attached 2nd other third?

Yes, this is the whole idea of I2C, also: google.

Quote:

What about stackable other halves?

Stackable OH's is the worst idea ever, get over it. Yes it is possible, just as possible as gluing you phone to a rock and throwing it in the sea. Still, terrible idea. And offtopic.

pichlo 2013-12-04 12:49

Quote:

I don't see myself swap my keyboard for the Sollar OH unless I am somewhere in the dessert.

Sweet! :)

Mitrigol 2013-12-04 13:19

dude!

sry, can't resist to this one :p