maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Extra softwares in Sailfish using CLI, repositories, etc (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92036)

J4ZZ 2014-01-08 23:01

Re: Extra softwares in Sailfish using CLI, repositories, etc

./configure finishes without issues...

Code:

Source code location:      .
  Compiler:                  gcc -std=gnu99
  Compiler flags:              -fdiagnostics-show-option -Wcomment -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wfloat-equal -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wimplicit -Wignored-qualifiers -Wmissing-braces -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-parameter-type -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wno-long-long -Wno-unreachable-code -Wparentheses -Wpointer-sign -Wreturn-type -Wsequence-point -Wshadow -Wsign-compare -Wswitch -Wtype-limits -Wuninitialized -Wunused-but-set-variable -Wunused-function -Wunused-label -Wunused-parameter -Wunused-result -Wunused-value -Wunused-variable -Wwrite-strings  -g -O2
  File system:                Midnight Commander Virtual Filesystem
                                    cpio, tar, sfs, extfs, ftp, fish
  Screen library:                      Ncurses library
  Mouse support:                      xterm only
  X11 events support:                no
  With subshell support:            yes
  With background operations:  yes
  Internal editor:                        yes
  Diff viewer:                              yes
  Support for charset:                yes
  Search type:                    glib-regexp

szopin 2014-01-08 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by J4ZZ (Post 1404972)
./configure finishes without issues...

Code:

Source code location:      .
  Compiler:                  gcc -std=gnu99
  Compiler flags:              -fdiagnostics-show-option -Wcomment -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wfloat-equal -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wimplicit -Wignored-qualifiers -Wmissing-braces -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-parameter-type -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wno-long-long -Wno-unreachable-code -Wparentheses -Wpointer-sign -Wreturn-type -Wsequence-point -Wshadow -Wsign-compare -Wswitch -Wtype-limits -Wuninitialized -Wunused-but-set-variable -Wunused-function -Wunused-label -Wunused-parameter -Wunused-result -Wunused-value -Wunused-variable -Wwrite-strings  -g -O2
  File system:                Midnight Commander Virtual Filesystem
                                    cpio, tar, sfs, extfs, ftp, fish
  Screen library:                      Ncurses library
  Mouse support:                      xterm only
  X11 events support:                no
  With subshell support:            yes
  With background operations:  yes
  Internal editor:                        yes
  Diff viewer:                              yes
  Support for charset:                yes
  Search type:                    glib-regexp

Hmm... only difference for me is X11 events support (one of these provides it: libX11-devel libXtst-devel libXext-devel libXinerama-devel; probably the first one, was trying to build synergy previously, but should work without it too), rest is exactly the same and make works without any errors

nieldk 2014-01-09 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by xerxes2 (Post 1404952)
@neildk

You seems to be the man to ask for cli apps so I would like to make a request for wget. If you would add that to openrepos that would be awesome. Curl -O works but still wget is less to write. :)

I see it was already posted, but if you still want I will create an rpm for wget also - later this evening. I need it anyways ;)

xerxes2 2014-01-09 15:41

Yes please do, openrepos is a bit smoother to use than to have to search and manually download from a shady nemo repo. :)

nieldk 2014-01-09 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by xerxes2 (Post 1405165)
Yes please do, openrepos is a bit smoother to use than to have to search and manually download from a shady nemo repo. :)

Done
https://openrepos.net/content/nieldk/wget-sailfishos

xerxes2 2014-01-09 22:35

Thanks man, wget really deserves a place at openrepos. :) But you need to add a cool icon to it, like this one perhaps?
http://cdn.gfdsa.gfdsa.org/wp-conten...ocoaWget_i.png

nieldk 2014-01-10 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by xerxes2 (Post 1405267)
Thanks man, wget really deserves a place at openrepos. :) But you need to add a cool icon to it, like this one perhaps?
http://cdn.gfdsa.gfdsa.org/wp-conten...ocoaWget_i.png

nieldk 2014-01-10 22:29

1 Attachment(s)
Ettercap v0.8

Just added ettercap (v0.8) :) to my repo
start by editing /etc/ettercap/etter.conf and /etc/ettercap/etter.dns - make changes you want then start with eg.
ettercap -T -i wlan0 -M arp:remote // // (-C for ncurses, no GTK ;) )
plugins included

xerxes2 2014-01-12 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by nieldk (Post 1405516)

Why so lazy? :p You could at least add a one liner description like "Versatile terminal downloading program" or something like that.

Also, you've added Bash to your repo so I'm wondering if it's safe to upgrade from the default one? You have tried to reboot with it right?

nieldk 2014-01-12 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by xerxes2 (Post 1405904)
Why so lazy? :p You could at least add a one liner description like "Versatile terminal downloading program" or something like that.

Also, you've added Bash to your repo so I'm wondering if it's safe to upgrade from the default one? You have tried to reboot with it right?

:P added description also, thanks

As for bash, Well, I dare almost not claim without issues, thinking of tor LOL

But, yes, I have been running it for ~a week now without issues.
I do however have to warn. This one DOES replace default Bash :) And during my compiling of it I did f...u. and nearly had to reflash :P

xerxes2 2014-01-12 21:14

Ok I upgraded Bash and it seems to be working fine so far, rebooted too. Warehouse reported an error during the upgrade though but it was probably just because the shell binary was missing. If I notice any issues with it I'll get back to you. :) But it feels a bit better to run a newer Bash because the default one is very old.

nieldk 2014-01-12 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by xerxes2 (Post 1405949)
Ok I upgraded Bash and it seems to be working fine so far, rebooted too. Warehouse reported an error during the upgrade though but it was probably just because the shell binary was missing. If I notice any issues with it I'll get back to you. :) But it feels a bit better to run a newer Bash because the default one is very old.

hmm that was one reason I had to reflash - almost - the symlink to sh from bash was missing.
This, however, should be fixed in the version online.

otherwise
ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh

xerxes2 2014-01-12 22:01

And this you're telling me now!!! :p Nahh no problem the link is there, I could reboot so I'm happy. Sailfish is really growing on me day by day. Using the jphone as my primary (basically only) phone now so it wouldn't be so funny if it wouldn't boot, which it wouldn't if there was a problem with bash. :)

nieldk 2014-01-12 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by xerxes2 (Post 1405968)
And this you're telling me now!!! :p Nahh no problem the link is there, I could reboot so I'm happy. Sailfish is really growing on me day by day. Using the jphone as my primary (basically only) phone now so it wouldn't be so funny if it wouldn't boot, which it wouldn't if there was a problem with bash. :)

Well, we have unlocked bootloader :) still ... :p

szopin 2014-01-13 01:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by nieldk (Post 1405955)
hmm that was one reason I had to reflash - almost - the symlink to sh from bash was missing.
This, however, should be fixed in the version online.

otherwise
ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh

Probably safer way would be to name it bash4 and amend /etc/passwd for nemo to use /bin/bash4, this way if there is a component in Jolla that requires old bash it would keep using it (edit: hmm... then again all scripts would be using the old one unless it was symlinked... no idea what is the best practice :/)

droll 2014-01-23 01:11

does anyone know where i can get nslookup for sailfish?

cy8aer 2014-01-23 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by droll (Post 1408344)
does anyone know where i can get nslookup for sailfish?

host or dig would do too (but no package for this either...)

Schturman 2014-01-28 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcolistete (Post 1396833)
htop creates an icon which doesn't work, but inside Terminal it is ok.

Just edit /usr/share/applications/htop.desktop
change Exec to this:
Code:

Exec=fingerterm -e htop
and put your own icon named htop.png to:
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/86x86/apps

;)

rcolistete 2014-06-10 23:59

Updated the 1st post citing file browsers, OpenRepos.net/Warehouse and NielDK softwares.

brunelli 2014-11-07 00:17

Could you guys help me on installing glib2 and glib2-devel >= 2.40.0?

I'm trying to compile something on the emulator, but the latest version I could find packaged glib2 and glib2-devel was 2.38.2 (from mer-core:devel), so I successfully built and installed glib 2.43.0 from here, but ./configure still says the installed version is 2.38.2...

Am I doing something wrong?

pichlo 2014-11-17 12:58

Please pardon a silly question - where can I get qmake from to build Qt packages on-device? Or is there no such thing and everything is QML now? That would be most unfortunate, to have to have two separate code bases for the N900 and Jolla.

szopin 2014-11-17 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1447487)
Please pardon a silly question - where can I get qmake from to build Qt packages on-device? Or is there no such thing and everything is QML now? That would be most unfortunate, to have to have two separate code bases for the N900 and Jolla.

Best way is to use chroot:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...building-apps/
This will allow you to install all those phone breaking mesa-llvmpipe-EGL*-devel packages, so you can have whole QtCreator on the phone
edit: for qmake alone you can install qt5-qmake (on my phone it is qt5-qmake-5.1.0+git37-1.15.2.armv7hl), but as soon as the app you try to compile uses QtGUI it will cry that you need libGL/EGL/...-devel and those are provided by the mesa-llvmpipe-... packages which conflict with the ones on the phone. They install nicely in chroot though

Markkyboy 2015-04-12 01:58

Hi,
under Sailfish OS 1.1.4.24 (Äijäpäivänjärvi), the icon that's created after installing htop, now actually works and does launch htop! :)
Regards,

borghal 2015-04-22 20:38

I just tried to compile taskwarrior on my Jolla but it complains that gcc++11 is needed. gcc++ on jolla seems outdated. What can I do?

nieldk 2015-04-22 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by borghal (Post 1468137)
I just tried to compile taskwarrior on my Jolla but it complains that gcc++11 is needed. gcc++ on jolla seems outdated. What can I do?

I asure you. It can be done.

Code:

nemo@Jolla SPECS]$ task add Create rpm-package of taskwarrior due:friday
Created task 1.
[nemo@Jolla SPECS]$ task list

ID Project Pri Due      Active Age Description        1            4/24/2015        7s Create rpm-package                                    of taskwarrior   
1 task
[nemo@Jolla SPECS]$ task 1 done
Completed task 1 'Create rpm-package of taskwarrior'.
Completed 1 task.
[nemo@Jolla SPECS]$ task list
No matches.
[nemo@Jolla SPECS]$

borghal 2015-04-23 06:09

That's cool! Care to enlighten me how you did it or share the rpm once your task is completed? ;)

nieldk 2015-04-23 07:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by borghal (Post 1468150)
That's cool! Care to enlighten me how you did it or share the rpm once your task is completed? ;)

Of course. I have uploaded, and build on merproject:

https://build.merproject.org/package...en/taskwarrior

Here you can watch the source and spec file that builds the package ;). And, download the rpm to install, obviously.

borghal 2015-04-23 07:15

brilliant, thanks a million!

borghal 2015-04-23 20:21

@nieldk: I see that you built it without GNUTLS support which prevents syncing. I must confess I have no idea how to include this and build it anew. Could you be so kind as to include it for me?

vistaus 2015-05-30 07:27

I'm sorry if this may not be exactly the right place to ask this but I didn't feel like opening a new topic for this simple question :P

Where is the icon theme stored? (I mean all of the Sailfish icons from Jolla/Sailfish apps that you can see in the apps tray)

Edit: never mind, already found it :)

kimmoli 2015-06-03 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by vistaus (Post 1471912)
never mind, already found it :)

The most usefull update/answer to a question....
(Would you mind sharing your findings :confused: )

Just saying..

coderus 2015-06-03 12:35

/usr/share/themes

Markkyboy 2015-06-20 14:37

Launcher icon locations;

Sailfish/Jolla launcher icons = `/usr/share/themes/jolla-ambient/meegotouch/z1.0/icons`

Harbour apps launcher icons = `/usr/share/icons/hicolor/86x86/apps`

Regards,

Feathers McGraw 2015-08-02 13:31

I compiled whois and uploaded it to openrepos, you can find it here:

https://openrepos.net/content/feathersmcgraw/whois

...first RPM ever :)

Feathers McGraw 2015-08-04 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bundyo (Post 1404534)
Probably would be easy adapting the openSUSE armv7hl packages for Jolla

As a general rule, is opensuse the "best" place to get upstream source from? Is there any reason to choose opensuse vs any other distro that uses rpm?

When I compiled whois I got the source from opensuse; would it have been better to get the spec file from there & adapt it to suit Sailfish, but get the source directly from github?

gryllida 2015-08-05 00:45

> Is there any reason to choose opensuse vs any other distro that uses rpm?

Not a thing I did before, but if to scratch the surface:

A distro version is a few versions behind: 5.2.7 in Debian, 5.2.10 official, 5.2.0 in OpenSUSE. I would say it does not matter where to take it from, as long as there is not too many dependencies (if there is, have to check whether other packages on the target OS need updating and which way would be less painful).

MartinK 2015-08-05 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw (Post 1478686)
As a general rule, is opensuse the "best" place to get upstream source from? Is there any reason to choose opensuse vs any other distro that uses rpm?

Well, OpenSuse uses OBS, so you can use cross-instance-copy to easily pull packages directly from the OpenSuse OBS to the Mer OBS and build them with the Sailfish OS target.

On the other hand the OpenSuse packaging generally doesn't seem to be that good, so I have not been using this recently, instead pulling packages from Fedora with fedpkg and importing them manually to Mer OBS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw (Post 1478686)
When I compiled whois I got the source from opensuse; would it have been better to get the spec file from there & adapt it to suit Sailfish, but get the source directly from github?

Compiling/packaging upstream source directly is also an option, but I would recommend, if possible, to use released/tagged versions, not just latest commit from the master/development branch. You should also note the version/tag/hash so that you know what happend since the time you did the build, if there are some new features, fixes or security fixes, etc.

malkavian 2015-09-19 23:37

I sucesfully installed dosfstools and htop but when I try:

pkcon install tk

after some messages I obtain:
Fatal error: nothing provides libX11.so.6 needed by tk-8.5.12-2.2.1.armv7h1

I want to install it to try to make work the GUI of the python scripts I talk about here: https://together.jolla.com/question/...nd-the-camera/

Any help? :confused:

coderus 2015-09-19 23:43

sfos using wayland, not x11

malkavian 2015-09-20 00:07

I know but that package is from the mer-tools repository indicated in this thread, and Mer uses Wayland too, so it's strange.