maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Buy & Sell (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   N900 in Canada (Toronto) (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=31192)

OrangeBox 2009-12-08 21:32

Re: N900 in Canada (Toronto)

I've ordered and cancelled mine from expansys, mobilecityonline and amazon. All 3 have changed/extended the stock availability multiple times and I had to make sure that I'll get it before Xmas. I ended up ordering it via puremobile.ca and I should be receiving it within a week.

gtessier00 2009-12-08 21:43

WOW! It's 743 tx in + shipping???!!! And they really have it in stock??? Seems like an excellent option!!!

R-R 2009-12-08 21:51

Much better here, finally in stock for the .ca site:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...05178&Tpk=n900

gtessier00 2009-12-08 21:54

Thanks so much for your advices guy, but.. 649$ including shipping this must be a joke?? Will newegg ship FROM canada? Because if it's in USA, well, we will pay like 150$ in taxes and duties and whatever ...

R-R 2009-12-08 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtessier00 (Post 417501)
Thanks so much for your advices guy, but.. 649$ including shipping this must be a joke?? Will newegg ship FROM canada? Because if it's in USA, well, we will pay like 150$ in taxes and duties and whatever ...

It's from canada i'm pretty sure cause they even charge the 5% tax (at least trying with a QC postal code)

681.45 $ CAD total shipped...
(to Montreal that is, maybe you will pay a 2nd tax, they probably are located in BC?)

JD2010 2009-12-08 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-R (Post 417507)
It's from canada i'm pretty sure cause they even charge the 5% tax (at least trying with a QC postal code)

681.45 $ CAD total shipped...
(to Montreal that is, maybe you will pay a 2nd tax, they probably are located in BC?)

Are you ordering from there?

gtessier00 2009-12-08 22:12

I just talked to a customer representer from newegg.ca,
She told me that the items will ship from their US warehouse, with UPS. BUT she told me it's 100% sure that there will be no extra fees upon shipment of the package (when it arrives to your door). The brokerage fees are included when doing the payment :)

JD2010 2009-12-08 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtessier00 (Post 417545)
I just talked to a customer representer from newegg.ca,
She told me that the items will ship from their US warehouse, with UPS. BUT she told me it's 100% sure that there will be no extra fees upon shipment of the package (when it arrives to your door). The brokerage fees are included when doing the payment :)

Do they use UPS ground, UPS express, UPS Worldwide express?

If it is UPS Worldwide express no feess except gst/qst
if it is other you will have brokerage fees
Trust me for that you only pay once to remember how it work

After checking their website it seem it is not ups worldwide express. Give a call to UPS and they will tell you, it is UPS that will charge you directly.

pablob 2009-12-08 22:34

I have just received an external hard drive I bought from Newegg.ca and it was shipped from the US to Alberta using "UPS World Ease". I didn't have to pay any brokerage fees, so I would think the same would apply to the N900. In fact, I think I'm going to order now. :-)

gtessier00 2009-12-08 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD2010 (Post 417557)
Do they use UPS ground, UPS express, UPS Worldwide express?

If it is UPS Worldwide express no feess except gst/qst
if it is other you will have brokerage fees
Trust me for that you only pay once to remember how it work

After checking their website it seem it is not ups worldwide express. Give a call to UPS and they will tell you, it is UPS that will charge you directly.

Well, I have doubts too, but I asked the lady 3 times and she told me 3 times that no matter which ups shipping method you will take, you will get NO extra charges. I asked her if I am 100% sure that the total I'd have to pay is the amount indicated on checkout, she told me YES. If I order, I hope it is true. Sending back and paying restocking fees on a device that price would cost a lot of money ;)