maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Meego the next cool OS? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60366)

leetut 2010-08-15 08:46

Re: Meego the next cool OS?

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxximuscool (Post 786630)
I got to say IOS4 is great! and there is a backward compatibility with the previous models as well. Whether it's much for the 3G to run it but 3GS running it okay. This is how apple making their customers happy and they will surely buy the next iphone

my girl loved her 3gs until we updated it to ios4, major bugs, phone freezes, turns itself off all the time, sms problems, she says it was perfect until we updated it, o2 shop told me there was no problem and called me a liar, i explained there are threads on the web where thousands of other people are having the exact same probs, o2 said forums are where people tell lies! 2 weeks later bbc radio1 news were talking about the ios4 - 3gs probs.

Dave999 2010-08-15 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetut (Post 786825)
my girl loved her 3gs until we updated it to ios4, major bugs, phone freezes, turns itself off all the time, sms problems, she says it was perfect until we updated it, o2 shop told me there was no problem and called me a liar, i explained there are threads on the web where thousands of other people are having the exact same probs, o2 said forums are where people tell lies! 2 weeks later bbc radio1 news were talking about the ios4 - 3gs probs.

So how is this related to this thread?

lies! ;)

RFS-81 2010-08-15 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by CYPHERC (Post 786565)
2.- Do you belive in Meego? :confused:
3.- Do you really think Nokia will be supporting Meego? or Meego will be the new forgotten Maemo? :confused:

Well, Nokia dropped Maemo because of MeeGo. They did it knowing it would mean user base aggravation and loss of profit. All I know is that someone at Nokia believes in Meego, a lot.

dunzblade 2010-08-15 10:47

1.- Do you belive in Nokia?
- No
2.- Do you belive in Meego?
- No
3.- Do you really think Nokia will be supporting Meego? or Meego will be the new forgotten Maemo?
- Yes
4.- Does Nokia even matter anymore?
- i will stick with n900 maemo for now ... other nokia phone suck

Sopwith 2010-08-15 11:04

@CYPHERC You had me at "Yes my grammar sux!"
@maxximuscool "I'm truely upseting..." Not really.

Post less, stay in school. Cheers.

airone 2010-08-15 12:06

1. Yes I believe in Nokia, but there are many reasons to say: " Hey guys, Nokia is no more the best mobile company, lets try something new - Android..."

2. + 3. MeeGo is the future, but does the future need MeeGo? May be Maemo will be a closed project like the N-Gage project. Thanks to maemo community Maemo will be still alive.

4. The Nokia innovations are coming little late. I dont understand the N8 + Symbian ^3 idea!? First, Nokia N8 (and their family) will be the greatest Symbian ^3 based device, but in the next moment it will be the last device equipped with Symbian ^3? This device will be replaced by the upcoming Symbian ^4 based phones, but the refreshed N-series begin to use Meego. Where is the truth? Who needs Symbian ^3 when Symbian ^4 is upcoming?

attila77 2010-08-15 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by airone (Post 786928)
4. The Nokia innovations are coming little late. I dont understand the N8 + Symbian ^3 idea!? First, Nokia N8 (and their family) will be the greatest Symbian ^3 based device, but in the next moment it will be the last device equipped with Symbian ^3? This device will be replaced by the upcoming Symbian ^4 based phones, but the refreshed N-series begin to use Meego. Where is the truth? Who needs Symbian ^3 when Symbian ^4 is upcoming?

Somebody got misquoted. The N8 is the last Nseries with Symbian^3, not the last device ever. You'll see plenty of Symbian^3, on next generation of Cseries, Xseries, etc. As for Symbian^4... Why buy devices with Eclair or FroYo when Gingerbread is upcomig ? Or iOS4 when iOS5 is upcoming ?

airone 2010-08-15 12:39

Aha! I'm talking, because the new Nokia C-Series device like C6 comes with the old Symbian S60 v5. Ok, that is good, but there is another thing. Ok, you gave example with version 2.1 and 2.2 of Android and the iOS.

For example I have iPhone 3GS with iOS3 and Nokia N8 running Symbian^3. After half year iOS4 and Symbian ^4 are presented. The difference between iPhone and Nokia is that i can update my iPhone with iOS4, but for my Nokia there is no update. I must buy the new Nokia N10 for example. That's the problem. The possibility to upgrade your Nokia phone and stay tuned. The only Nokia phone that is able to be updated is Nokia N900. You now that, but that is my point.

frendz07 2010-08-15 12:58

ayone suggest me ???
am using maemo5 and nitdriod rite now, so is meego better than these os? or ....??

pycage 2010-08-15 13:00

Well, MeeGo has some cool partners on board:

http://meegozone.com/partner/partners/

Looks like it could really become the next cool OS. :)