maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Stskeeps says bye! o/ (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73875)

geneven 2011-06-09 17:53

Re: Stskeeps says bye! o/

It is pretty surprising that someone taken seriously by noone else could have played such a role. I think it was more the cumulative effect of all of us, and was probably egged on by MeeGo elitists. Whatever, it's pretty much a guessing game.

Dave999 2011-06-09 17:59

I'm sure he left becouse nokia didn't want to release the n9 as a consumer device. I'm thinking of doing the same...

benny1967 2011-06-09 18:05

Carsten, I fully understand your decision... My only hope is you'll still be present as a member of the Maemo/MeeGo community. (Funny... this forum used to be the center of this community once. Long ago.)

You could have done what I did. Ignore. Watching my ignore list grow and grow, I wonder sometimes what's the point of coming here at all. Especially now that the good guys (and the good girl... oh I miss her) were driven away by the stench.

As funny as it may sound: I hope I'll keep enjoying your work.

mece 2011-06-09 18:10

Really sad to see you go Carsten. I always felt you stepped in and brought order to even the most chaotic of threads. I do understand though. See you on fmc and freenode!

geneven 2011-06-09 18:11

My opinion is that this site has tremendously improved since Nokia basically left, and the loss of one valued participant doesn't kill the rest of the great things happening.

mikecomputing 2011-06-09 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1025906)
I'm sure he left becouse nokia didn't want to release the n9 as a consumer device. I'm thinking of doing the same...

I REALLY hope your totally out of line her but atm. I also begining to wonder :S

geekgirl74 2011-06-09 18:22

Stskeeps is leaving... that is hard :(
Thanks for all your work and help and have a nice time.

daperl 2011-06-09 18:30

Sad. Very sad. And it was so obvious from his first day that af*ckface_uk should have been banned for life. Oh well.

See you on the other side!

dwaradzyn 2011-06-09 18:31

No forum without proper moderation can avoid situations such as this one. By proper moderation I mean that off-topic, offensive, illegal, etc. posts should be removed immediately and users should be punished with 1-day ban for first time, then 7-day ban, and if necessary permanent ban.

I have seen XDA becoming too rotten over years and then proper moderation solved this issue. I am certain it would do good to TMO as well.

Good bye Stskeeps and thank you very much for your work!

abubakar 2011-06-09 18:34

hey stskeeps \o .. you were an honest community member. Thanks for all the work on maemo, and the current work going on meego.
Good luck :)