maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Announce] Yet another MITM attack script (Yamas-ARM) (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73988)

tonypower88 2011-06-16 15:30

Re: [Announce] Yet another MITM attack script (Yamas-ARM)

it works but the passwords some times **** giving %20 or %20%40 or %40
scripts says it is space but it is not

and also one other error about converting nil2 font or something like that

vi_ 2011-06-16 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by torpedo48 (Post 1030313)
It seems not to work, at the closing of the script ettercap and rtp windows are still there. No alternative ideas here :(

This is possibly because ettercap is not 'exiting' therefore the exit command never gets executed.

What happens if you press ctrl+c on the ettercap window while it is still open after shutdown? I imagine it SHOULD close after that.

What happens if you kill the ettercap process from another xterm window? does it close then?

Thanks for the testing dood.

vi_ 2011-06-16 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonypower88 (Post 1030317)

we are working on it, consider what you are using an alpha release. An n900 specific version is being brewed as we speak.

comaX 2011-06-16 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonypower88 (Post 1030317)

The spaces show up as +. %40 is @ and %20 is a space too. For the other ones, you should have a look at the ASCII table in the menu ;)

The nil2 is just an error about some fonts, don't mind it !

Seker_94 2011-06-16 19:46

@Unhuman

please add this link to the first post

http://forums.internettablettalk.com...50&postcount=1

it has more tools than the link you already added
also most of the guide that the link you added is grabbed from that thread
another also
i remember karam maid an update for that thread to remove iw installation guide
cause it is not confilicting with aircrack-ng packages anymore
the link you already added doesn't made that update
and also the link you added has a metasploit guide error
check that out

karam 2011-06-16 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seker_94 (Post 1030470)
@Unhuman

another also
check that out

Oh btw this script is awesome

Unhuman 2011-06-16 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seker_94 (Post 1030470)
@Unhuman

another also
check that out

Sure, can you give me a heads up where that metasploit guide error is?

Seker_94 2011-06-16 20:23

The famous metasploit framework can also be run on the N900 and the instructions + the actual file can be found HERE. Everything works flawlessly and I have successfully

the work HERE has the link
http://dev.metasploit.com/redmine/pr...i/Install_N900

which is a dead link

PS: THANKS for fast reply

karam 2011-06-16 20:26

@Seker_94

it says that the guide is moved to
https://community.rapid7.com/docs/DOC-1295

so it is not a dead link
maybe moved link will be better ;)

Seker_94 2011-06-16 20:30

idk it says server not found in my case
is it an isp problem?

vi_ 2011-06-16 22:06

http://pastebin.com/rmvNSCAR

latest dev version.

This does not need xterm or bash to be installed. Install as per unhumans instructions in post #1. Except miss out xterm and bash.

All processes are shut down nicely

only problem I see with limited testing is the ettercap window doesnt close (after it has been killed). A solution is in the works.

torpedo48 2011-06-17 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by vi_ (Post 1030539)
http://pastebin.com/rmvNSCAR

latest dev version.

This does not need xterm or bash to be installed. Install as per unhumans instructions in post #1. Except miss out xterm and bash.

All processes are shut down nicely

only problem I see with limited testing is the ettercap window doesnt close (after it has been killed). A solution is in the works.

Testing right now, seems to work pretty well. Just a doubt: how should I launch it? If I launch it with bash ("bash mitm.etc.sh") no problems at all, but that would include bash as a dependency, wouldn't that?

If I make it executable and launch it without bash (just "./mitm.etc.sh"), it SegFaults (invalid -n option in final function, so the menu goes crazy).

Insults are welcome if this is a dumb question ;)

vi_ 2011-06-17 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by torpedo48 (Post 1030689)
Testing right now, seems to work pretty well. Just a doubt: how should I launch it? If I launch it with bash ("bash mitm.etc.sh") no problems at all, but that would include bash as a dependency, wouldn't that?

If I make it executable and launch it without bash (just "./mitm.etc.sh"), it SegFaults (invalid -n option in final function, so the menu goes crazy).

Insults are welcome if this is a dumb question ;)

Well thats odd, it starts fine on my one. You need to download the script, chmod +x it (make executable) then run it (i.e. while in the same directory as script type ./<the name of the script>)

Please tell me:

Are you using busybox power? To test, type busybox from the xterm and tell me your version number.

The -n flag on the read command isnt really needed, I just liked not having to press return after each choice.

If you are using the stock busybox then we will have to remove the '-n 1' from all the instances of the 'read' command. It is no great loss really.

As for ettercap not shutting down, this is a good thing. Ettercap PREFERS to have you quit properly with 'q' button so it can un-ARP everyone (shutdown nicely). With this in mind I am thinking of removing the instances of killall ettercap, forcing the user to shut it down properly. That is of course unless someone can work out how to send a 'q' keystroke to the ettercap window. However I feel that is a stick of dynamite to crack a nut.

If all this is the case, then all we need to do is remove the wgets, correct some spelling, slap its *** and send it on its way!

tl;dr, stock busybox might not like -n 1 parameter. Please report your version of busybox.

torpedo48 2011-06-17 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by vi_ (Post 1030697)
Well thats odd, it starts fine on my one. You need to download the script, chmod +x it (make executable) then run it (i.e. while in the same directory as script type ./<the name of the script>)

Please tell me:

Are you using busybox power? To test, type busybox from the xterm and tell me your version number.

The -n flag on the read command isnt really needed, I just liked not having to press return after each choice.

If you are using the stock busybox then we will have to remove the '-n 1' from all the instances of the 'read' command. It is no great loss really.

As for ettercap not shutting down, this is a good thing. Ettercap PREFERS to have you quit properly with 'q' button so it can un-ARP everyone (shutdown nicely). With this in mind I am thinking of removing the instances of killall ettercap, forcing the user to shut it down properly. That is of course unless someone can work out how to send a 'q' keystroke to the ettercap window. However I feel that is a stick of dynamite to crack a nut.

If all this is the case, then all we need to do is remove the wgets, correct some spelling, slap its *** and send it on its way!

tl;dr, stock busybox might not like -n 1 parameter. Please report your version of busybox.

I was launching it the right way, but as you correctly said I was not using busybox power (busybox version was the stock one, 1.10.2): just installed it, now it works flawlessly. We should add busybox-power as a dependency, or remove the -n 1 parameter (better).

BTW I can't properly use the script without changing the temp folder: ettercap always stops its activity when the log file exceeds ~930 KB (because /tmp is full). Shouldn't we change the temp folder too?

vi_ 2011-06-17 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by torpedo48 (Post 1030704)
I was launching it the right way, but as you correctly said I was not using busybox power (busybox version was the stock one, 1.10.2): just installed it, now it works flawlessly. We should add busybox-power as a dependency, or remove the -n 1 parameter (better).

BTW I can't properly use the script without changing the temp folder: ettercap always stops its activity when the log file exceeds ~930 KB (because /tmp is full). Shouldn't we change the temp folder too?

Now your cookin' with gas bro! The obvious solution is to remove ALL instances of '-n 1' (fewer dependancies woot!)

Very good point with the moving of the temp folder, we want to minimise read/writes on the NAND (and <1MB is too small). The obvious place is somwhere in /opt. If there is an '/opt/tmp', put it there. If there is not, we will create one.

So:

1. remove all instances of '-n 1'
2. check/create for /opt/tmp
3. possibly check if script is being run as root and exit if not.
4. edit some of the wordage for better flow.
5. remove the wgets.

torpedo48 2011-06-17 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by vi_ (Post 1030706)
Now your cookin' with gas bro! The obvious solution is to remove ALL instances of '-n 1' (fewer dependancies woot!)

Very good point with the moving of the temp folder, we want to minimise read/writes on the NAND (and <1MB is too small). The obvious place is somwhere in /opt. If there is an '/opt/tmp', put it there. If there is not, we will create one.

So:

1. remove all instances of '-n 1'
2. check/create for /opt/tmp
3. possibly check if script is being run as root and exit if not.
4. edit some of the wordage for better flow.
5. remove the wgets.

I'm working on points 1 and 3 (easiests :p), posting the result in minutes.

EDIT: http://pastebin.com/LusgAMpx
Just removed the "-n 1" so busybox-power is not needed, and added a little check for being sure it is run as root. Hope that's ok; should I start working on point 2?

EDIT2: just noticed that "#" was missing before !/bin/sh, added that too.

torpedo48 2011-06-17 10:02

This is my last version of the script:

http://pastebin.com/YGjb7UeE

It should create /opt/tmp and operate there, however it still saves the results in /root. I'd like to make it saving the output somewhere else, e.g. /opt/yamas or/MyDocs/Yamas or even MyDocs/.documents/yamas for more user-friendliness; what do you think about it?

Unhuman 2011-06-17 10:26

The results for sure must be moved from /tmp/.. I personally suggest /MyDocs/Yamas/. At the moment /tmp/ limits the file size and at one point the script stops working as some people are reporting.

vi_ 2011-06-17 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by torpedo48 (Post 1030735)
This is my last version of the script:

http://pastebin.com/YGjb7UeE

It should create /opt/tmp and operate there, however it still saves the results in /root. I'd like to make it saving the output somewhere else, e.g. /opt/yamas or/MyDocs/Yamas or even MyDocs/.documents/yamas for more user-friendliness; what do you think about it?

I don't know about you but I HATE it when a program sh|ts files/folders all over the place. I feel the best option would be for the script to simply put it's log files into the directory the script was invoked in.

q6600 2011-06-17 11:11

+1 /MyDocs/Yamas

Estel 2011-06-17 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by vi_ (Post 1030748)
I don't know about you but I HATE it when a program sh|ts files/folders all over the place. I feel the best option would be for the script to simply put it's log files into the directory the script was invoked in.

+1 on this ;)

Also, it would be great to put it into repos, when we'll get N900 optimized version (seems that's few fixes ahead).Unhumans & vi_, maybe You could become maintainers? I think it would be hard for ComaX to maintain it without owning N900.

comaX 2011-06-17 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by torpedo48 (Post 1030735)

Yup, that would be nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estel (Post 1030844)
+1 on this ;)

Also, it would be great to put it into repos, when we'll get N900 optimized version (seems that's few fixes ahead).Unhumans & vi_, maybe You could become maintainers? I think it would be hard for ComaX to maintain it without owning N900.

The script originally doesn't sh|t files all over the place, only tmp and root, which made sense under BT. But I must admit, given your configuration, it would be better to do everything in one place.

About maintaining, I would still be able to make updates and all (for dsn spoofing for instance, and other features I have in mind). But I would surely need you guys to help. After all, except from a few things here and there, it's not much different !

For now, I'll be waiting on _vi and torpedo version, then review it, change what I feel should be changed (shouldn't be much though !). And when it's ready, I'll upload it to Unhuman's blog (pcsci3nce.info).

I'm glad you guys like it and work that much on it ! Cheers :)

vi_ 2011-06-17 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by comaX (Post 1030872)
Yup, that would be nice.

The script originally doesn't sh|t files all over the place, only tmp and root, which made sense under BT. But I must admit, given your configuration, it would be better to do everything in one place.

About maintaining, I would still be able to make updates and all (for dsn spoofing for instance, and other features I have in mind). But I would surely need you guys to help. After all, except from a few things here and there, it's not much different !

For now, I'll be waiting on _vi and torpedo version, then review it, change what I feel should be changed (shouldn't be much though !). And when it's ready, I'll upload it to Unhuman's blog (pcsci3nce.info).

The sh|tting everywhere is wrt creating a Mydocs/yamas folder.

I have made a first release, final copy of my modifications of yamas.

If there are no obvious bugs then this is as far as I go. Feel free to do with it as you wish.

comaX: add the terms 'Email' and 'Passwd' to your list of things to grep for!

q6600 2011-06-18 12:53

1 Attachment(s)
What is this?

Unhuman 2011-06-18 13:06

No idea about this issue. Does ti happen every time?

I will update the script in the first post to /MyDocs/Yamas so that it doesn't suddenly stop when it reaches 1MB. Please test it in a few minutes.

EDIT:

Try it out
http://pcsci3nce.info/files/mitm_pcsci3nce.sh

q6600 2011-06-18 13:28

let me know when is done pls

stevomanu 2011-06-18 15:02

my script is working mint what new in the udate you just posted is it worth my updating ???

Estel 2011-06-18 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by comaX (Post 1030872)
Yup, that would be nice.

Hi comaX! Of course I'm not talking about "excluding" you from script "production" for N900 (that would be hilarious, lol) - I'm just talking about strictly maintaining package in Maemo repository, which is sometimes counter-intuitive even for N900 users ;) Of course I'm sure that You would get how it's going, but I'm sure guys here will happily do repos-side things.

Its very nice that You're so involved in creating N900 optimized version of Your script, without even possessing N900 - for that, I'm very thankful.

Anyway, I'm little confused about current "upstream" version for N900 - on first post is it vi_ modified, or another one? AFAIK You guys don't try to achieve different things, so producing 2 different versions in parallel would be counter productive IMO. Especially, that comaX would like to provide updates and overall check script for any possible mistakes - I think it's much better to show him one version, that incorporate both Unhuman and vi_ work (and other people as well if someone else contribute).

/Estel

Unhuman 2011-06-18 22:15

I just fixed a small 'glitch' with the place files are saved. I haven't changed anything else. I've been having issues with vi's current script for some reason. Anyway, comaX seems to be away from a PC these days so we just have to wait.

Estel 2011-06-19 01:47

Can you tell us what exactly are these issues? Maybe vi_ or other experienced one will help fixing it? Less work for comaX.

q6600 2011-06-19 13:10

no is workin just fine for me, i do get the "data" but the victim ca not see the emails ( i got a test acount on yahoo) and after imputing the login data i get BAD REQUEST on the website. this is normal? ore the victim should be able to continu to read the email...

Unhuman 2011-06-19 14:21

Depends on how the particular site handles multiple logins really.

comaX 2011-06-19 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unhuman (Post 1031666)
I just fixed a small 'glitch' with the place files are saved. I haven't changed anything else. I've been having issues with vi's current script for some reason. Anyway, comaX seems to be away from a PC these days so we just have to wait.

Yup ! But I should get back on track tomorrow or tuesday !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estel (Post 1031486)
Hi comaX! Of course I'm not talking about "excluding" you from script "production" for N900 (that would be hilarious, lol) - I'm just talking about strictly maintaining package in Maemo repository, which is sometimes counter-intuitive even for N900 users ;) Of course I'm sure that You would get how it's going, but I'm sure guys here will happily do repos-side things.

Its very nice that You're so involved in creating N900 optimized version of Your script, without even possessing N900 - for that, I'm very thankful.

Anyway, I'm little confused about current "upstream" version for N900 - on first post is it vi_ modified, or another one? AFAIK You guys don't try to achieve different things, so producing 2 different versions in parallel would be counter productive IMO. Especially, that comaX would like to provide updates and overall check script for any possible mistakes - I think it's much better to show him one version, that incorporate both Unhuman and vi_ work (and other people as well if someone else contribute).

/Estel

Oh, if that script makes it to the repos, of course you guys will handle anything you like. I don't know sh*t about that ! And that would be a great honour !

The available version should be patched so that users are no longer limited to the 1Mb in /tmp/ directory, but I didn't check yet, and I need to get some sleep before doing that ! So, again, tomorrow or tuesday :p
But, it doesn't contain anything _vi has done so far, since I couldn't check what he has done. I also think it's a bit counter-productive to have two parallel scripts, but if he wishes to do that, I'm fine with it !
Maybe what he should do is ask Unhuman to make him an author on pcsci3ence.info so that he can work directly on the available version. Then we would just increment a version file containing changelog so that we (authors) know what has been done by the others. Just speculating here, you guys do whatever you want !
In deed I intend to make updates, add features and all, so it would be better to have only one version, but again, I don't give much of a fcuk =D I'll maintain and update my version and the N900's, anyone who wants to participate is very welcomed and that's about it !

I'll post again when I will have reviewed all versions (_vi, current one, and ones I was sent...)

Meanwhile, keep up the good work guys !

Cheers !

stevomanu 2011-06-20 11:11

right just wandering is the script on first page the newist version as i see a lot of pastebin links about so which is best working version >??##

many thanks

vi_ 2011-06-20 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by comaX (Post 1032234)
Yup ! But I should get back on track tomorrow or tuesday !

Oh, if that script makes it to the repos, of course you guys will handle anything you like. I don't know sh*t about that ! And that would be a great honour !

The available version should be patched so that users are no longer limited to the 1Mb in /tmp/ directory, but I didn't check yet, and I need to get some sleep before doing that ! So, again, tomorrow or tuesday :p
But, it doesn't contain anything _vi has done so far, since I couldn't check what he has done. I also think it's a bit counter-productive to have two parallel scripts, but if he wishes to do that, I'm fine with it !
Maybe what he should do is ask Unhuman to make him an author on pcsci3ence.info so that he can work directly on the available version. Then we would just increment a version file containing changelog so that we (authors) know what has been done by the others. Just speculating here, you guys do whatever you want !
In deed I intend to make updates, add features and all, so it would be better to have only one version, but again, I don't give much of a fcuk =D I'll maintain and update my version and the N900's, anyone who wants to participate is very welcomed and that's about it !

I'll post again when I will have reviewed all versions (_vi, current one, and ones I was sent...)

Meanwhile, keep up the good work guys !

Cheers !

This will never make it to the repositorys...it is just a script.

The version torpedo and I worked on addresses all the issues that have been raised about running this thing on the n900.

You will be unable to include the changes into your 'master' version 'upstream' as It has not really been written in a 'portable' fashion.

As far as I am concerned the version I have 'fixed' as linked to in the other thread is the only version worth even attempting to run on an n900. The version in this thread is plain broken and was untested on release.

Concerning future development, that is all up to you bromaX. I have 'scratched my itch', created a working version. I have even provided a paste n' script psuedo installer. What you guys now do with this is up to you.

Despite the fact this makes stealing secured passwords so easy my mother could do it some people are still managing to ****itup. This fact concerns me. This script is the equivalent of giving an AK47 to a mal-balanced child. (but there again, i feel guilty when using aircrack. Do I understand the weakness in the WEP implementation of the RC4 cipher enough to feel legitimate enough to use aircrack? - where TF am I going with this??)

tl;dr; I have nothing more to contribute to YAMAS. My pastebin link will expire in 28 days. This version sucks, use the one in the other thread. Don't actually ever use this script, if you do it is nothing to do with me.

Unhuman 2011-06-20 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by vi_ (Post 1032611)
F am I going with this??[/I])
As far as I am concerned the version I have 'fixed' as linked to in the other thread is the only version worth even attempting to run on an n900. The version in this thread is plain broken and was untested on release.

This version sucks, use the one in the other thread.

I don't even know how to comment this. You sir, just lost all my gratitude and respect. Please learn how to appreciate other people's work and how to communicate as a normal human being.

comaX 2011-06-20 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by vi_ (Post 1032611)
This will never make it to the repositorys...it is just a script.[...]Don't actually ever use this script, if you do it is nothing to do with me.

Yeah, whatever dude :) Maybe you should just re-read what you wrote in the script, because speaking of f*cking something up, you did good ;)

Up to you to find where is the problem.

By the way, according to your next post, I might warn moderators about some people's work being stolen. Me not giving a damn about the code itself, doesn't mean the name isn't mine. Please change it so people don't make association between your shitty perfect stuff and mine.
Also, since a script is pretty much a wrap up of some other stuff, I don't mind anyone learnin, copying from it. The parsing method is mine though, and I worked my arse off on this one. If you wish to continue with "your" script, please remove the parsing I wrote. The other stuff are free for you to use though.

Cheers !

####

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevomanu (Post 1032601)
right just wandering is the script on first page the newist version as i see a lot of pastebin links about so which is best working version >??##

many thanks

The link on the first page is in deed the last version. Please not we are still working on it ;) The different pastebins are people submitting modifications for me to take into account.
Having a social life, and friends to meet, I don't spend my whole time reading scripts (don't take that personnaly at all, it's meant for the arshole above) and modifying mine. Tonight, or tomorrow, according on what I'm planning on doing tonight, I'll make substantial modifications with what you guys submitted =D

If you are ready to install some dependencies that we should get rid of in the next release, then do, the script is functionnal. And if you experience troubles, just report, and I'll do my best along with the other members !

vi_ 2011-06-20 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by comaX (Post 1032790)
Yeah, whatever dude :) Maybe you should just re-read what you wrote, because speaking of f*cking something up, you did good ;)

By the way, according to your next post, I might warn moderators about some people's work being stolen. Me not giving a damn about the code itself, doesn't mean the name isn't mine. Please change it so people don't make association between your shitty perfect stuff and mine.

Cheers !

Right, you both appear to have missed the point. -_-'

1. YAMAS belongs to COMAX, in every respect. The credits are the same, the name is the same COMAX WROTE IT. Nobody has stolen anything and to say otherwise is preposterous.

2. The version posted here ITT is broken for the N900 when first posted and is still broken for the N900. This is NO reflection upon the quality of the original which runs perfectly fine on a 'normal' linux computer.

ComaX, if you want confirmation of this, go and read the source of the 'modified' version. It is still yours, just tweaked to run on an n900.

3. Generally, scripts don't go into the repository as individual entities. To suggest they do is as Ludacris as the SCUD battery box.

4. When I am saying 'don't run this'. I mean DONT ARP SPOOF some network you have no right to be on and steal some ones passwords.

I can only assume English is not your first language and therefore accept that you may have mis-read what is being said. Thusly I won't take offence.

kaos_king 2011-06-20 15:49

Wow, i didnt expect that VI. I am English and come from England, and even I read your post different to how your most recent one has put it. Its a shame you no longer want to work on it, however can I take this time to thankyou for your input up to now in making the script better.

Also a massive thanks to ComaX, unhuman and torpedo48.

The original script works fine for me however I support the act of cleaning it up, making it use less dependancies and making it 'designed' for the n900 - I just wish I had the knowledge to help you guys code it ;)

stevomanu 2011-06-20 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by comaX (Post 1032790)
Yeah, whatever dude :) Maybe you should just re-read what you wrote in the script, because speaking of f*cking something up, you did good ;)

Also, since a script is pretty much a wrap up of some other stuff, I don't mind anyone learnin, copying from it. The parsing method is mine though, and I worked my arse off on this one. If you wish to continue with "your" script, please remove the parsing I wrote. The other stuff are free for you to use though.

Cheers !

####

The link on the first page is in deed the last version. Please not we are still working on it ;) The different pastebins are people submitting modifications for me to take into account.
Having a social life, and friends to meet, I don't spend my whole time reading scripts (don't take that personnaly at all, it's meant for the arshole above) and modifying mine. Tonight, or tomorrow, according on what I'm planning on doing tonight, I'll make substantial modifications with what you guys submitted =D

If you are ready to install some dependencies that we should get rid of in the next release, then do, the script is functionnal. And if you experience troubles, just report, and I'll do my best along with the other members !

well not sure if any one else is having issues but i am the latist script is not working for me was all fine untill i redownloaded new script an now nothing is collecting as it was before ...

it would be so much better if you all worked in this more heads is always better but you need to get on an agree that is forthe benifit of this script an people using it no point in pointing fingers really work with each other ..

many thanks to all who have helped out so far keep it up please ..