maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [WIP] App / Tweak: patchmanager a system-wide patching system + homescreen tweak (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92935)

MoritzJT 2014-04-11 19:37

Re: [WIP] App / Tweak: patchmanager and lipstick-pandora, a system-wide patching system + homescreen tweak

Same for me, tried to unapply the 5x6 Patch. Same situation.

This one helped me out. Since I'm not in my home WLAN I was lucky enough to take a look at the DHCP table and find out my current IP. For those who are not lucky enough to be able to, USB connection is also an option if not set to default to loading only.

In any case take a look at this thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92491

[edit] Oooops, someone was faster than me ;-) [/edit]

Cheers

Mikkosssss 2014-04-11 19:44

Re: [WIP] App / Tweak: patchmanager and lipstick-pandora, a system-wide patching system + homescreen tweak

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikejake (Post 1420984)
Now patchmanagers options eg. control center won't turn on.

You need to re install thing with pulldown menu. :)

dommau 2014-04-11 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikkosssss (Post 1420975)
My Jolla homescreen wont start now. :p

I got to recovery mode with pc but bit lost now.

I try to remove /opt/lipstick-pandora/qml but cant find it so I need to mount something?

Edit: Found it. :p I didint chroot.

And Jolla works again. :)

And it broke again, cannot open applications. Happened while un applying patches.

could you maybe give me a step by step explanation for this? I messed up and don't really know what I'm doing. Sorry to bother you.
Thanks.

MoritzJT 2014-04-11 20:08

Hey @dommau connect to your Jolla via USB / IP (check here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92491) use Putty SSH to set up root access (assign a password to root user) then connect as root user using WinSCP to remove the above mentioned directory /opt/lipstick-pandora/qml

Good luck!

tiempjuuh 2014-04-11 20:13

Same problem with unapplying patches. Fixed it quite easily by chrooting into rootfs while in recovery mode. Did I just void my warranty? :P

dommau 2014-04-11 20:48

@MoritzJT thanks! But I'm looking for a copy&paste guide for the recovery mode solution, preferrably...

@tiempjuuh maybe you could help me out?

Thanks!

Kaacz 2014-04-11 21:51

I am got strange situation with pandora. After enable 3 patches together (date,config and multitask) .. Maybe will be good apply each single? .. Date on lock not working. After disable it and restart lipstick - no one app opens to full screen .. Events screen closed after remove finger from screen .. And patches not work. .. I am on the way to home for ssh connect. :D God save music player control via coverpage! :)

I confirm problems with unapply pandora patches ..
test#2:
- remove /opt/lipstick-pandora/qml, new dump, install pandora ..
- enable lockscreen date patch ... from pulley removed but date not on top of clock .. but lockscreen.qml looks ok ..
- .webosinternals.orig backup created for both .qml.
- disable lockscreen patch .. lockscreen.qml and main.qml removed include backups ..
- with missing .qml files apps not started fullscreen .. :)

btw; on the end of Lockscreen.qml is
OngoingCall {
anchors.bottom: clock.top
}
anchored to same place as date - clock.top.

PS: Maybe will be good icon/oneclick restorer. :)
PPS: why lipstick after dump and enable pandora not same as original ? top dimming on lock screen missed .. good for me, but i'm not understand why .. looks as clean pandora lipstick not exact same as original ..

fyi - all rpm from openrepos, lipstick-pandora from obs (first comment) .. last versions .. and on 1.5 update ..

pikejake 2014-04-11 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikkosssss (Post 1420988)
You need to re install thing with pulldown menu. :)

I did but it didn't help, until I waited for couple of hours and the control center was there.

TMavica 2014-04-12 01:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaacz (Post 1421008)
I am got strange situation with pandora. After enable 3 patches together (date,config and multitask) .. Maybe will be good apply each single? .. Date on lock not working. After disable it and restart lipstick - no one app opens to full screen .. Events screen closed after remove finger from screen .. And patches not work. .. I am on the way to home for ssh connect. :D God save music player control via coverpage! :)

I confirm problems with unapply pandora patches ..
test#2:
- remove /opt/lipstick-pandora/qml, new dump, install pandora ..
- enable lockscreen date patch ... from pulley removed but date not on top of clock .. but lockscreen.qml looks ok .. .webosinternals.orig backup created.
- disable lockscreen patch .. both lockscreen.qml removed ..
- with missing lockscreen apps not started fullscreen .. :)

Maybe will be good icon/oneclick restorer. :)

same problem

TemeV 2014-04-12 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiempjuuh (Post 1420992)
Same problem with unapplying patches. Fixed it quite easily by chrooting into rootfs while in recovery mode. Did I just void my warranty? :P

Warranty should not be void because of using recovery mode. You void your warranty only if you brake some HW due to using recovery mode / developer mode. Also if you totally brick your phone Jolla might charge you for reflashing but you should still have warranty for HW failures.