maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Jolla1 & TOH (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Jolla tracking numbers (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91913)

kpblxa 2013-12-02 12:01

Jolla tracking numbers

anyone got their shipment confirmation? is "we are shipping from 27th November" a lie?

as requested: link to Jolla Shipping Status

chenliangchen 2013-12-02 12:14

Re: Jolla tracking numbers

No, and maybe, No.

Am I the only one realised that the head title has no relation with the content. Guess you may want to see the tracking number if anyone receives confirmation?

seiichiro0185 2013-12-02 12:24

This was also asked in other threads, 'till now it seems no one on the forums got any shipment notice / tracking info yet.

From their last tweets they changed from "starting on the 27th" to more vague statements regarding the shipping process...

There is hope that we will see the start of the shipping this week after the deadline for the payment (which is today for a shipment in December) has passed.

szymeczek34 2013-12-02 12:34

They said the phone would be delivered in 3-4 weeks so given that shipment in the EU should take no more than a week I guess that tracking numbers will be out in two weeks.

Khertan 2013-12-02 12:39

no more than a week .... hum hum (specially during december)... u didn't live in france :p

Kabouik 2013-12-02 13:21

It seems* that Finnish people will get their device first, no matter whether there are EU peole who preordered and ordered before.

For the invites to Helsinki, it did not matter whether you were Finnish or not, you were invited depending on when you preordered. It is not the same for shipments and deliveries, regardless of what had been said about priority being served in order the initial orders were placed.

It's really frustrating, especially given Finnish orders are ~30% of all orders.

* I said it "seems". It's from discussions and emails from care@jolla.com, but nothing clear so it might be less simple than that, or totally wrong. Actually I hope it is not that simple, because being among the first preorders (invited to the event) but being pushed behind all Finnish people who preorderd later is really frustrating in the "people will be served in the priority order they have placed their original orders" context.

ggabriel 2013-12-02 13:26

I think they did say that they would start with Finland anyway. In fact, DNA may do that for them, as they signed an exclusive contract to sell the device in that country.

Hopefully, the latter means that Jolla just delivers X devices to DNA and they package them and all that, and in parallel Jolla looks after the rest of EU. Multitasking shipping :-)

I believe we should start seeing people with a tracking number this week, unless the devices are not finished just yet.

nieldk 2013-12-02 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by szymeczek34 (Post 1391668)
They said the phone would be delivered in 3-4 weeks so given that shipment in the EU should take no more than a week I guess that tracking numbers will be out in two weeks.

Well, they said the device will be shipped on 3-4 weeks, after order was placed, and paid.

txus 2013-12-02 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by nieldk (Post 1391686)
Well, they said the device will be delivered on 3-4 weeks, after order was placed, and paid.

Small fix, with maybe big implications ;)

Edit: source

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollaHQ
After completing the pre-order purchase delivery within the EU takes 3-4 weeks.

Larswad 2013-12-02 14:23

Not even a week in after my payment, and I'm starting to get crazy already. By the time the device arrives I will by in a mental institution already writing Jolla Unlike all over the madrassed walls.

cvp 2013-12-02 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larswad (Post 1391704)
Not even a week in after my payment, and I'm starting to get crazy already. By the time the device arrives I will by in a mental institution already writing Jolla Unlike all over the madrassed walls.

i feel with you.... day per day per day per day, every day waiting for news about shipping... every day i check the twitter an this forum for information if some one get the first shippingnumber.... but what we get an information is...."SOON" :D i hate this word so much like jPhone

When will be shipping - very SOON
When we get 3D TOH Information - SOON
When we get the next OS Update - moth.... SOON
When we get our SOON Phone - Jolla!

:D:p:(

ggabriel 2013-12-02 14:54

It's even worse when you are familiar with the ecommerce package that Jolla is using and you know for certain that the order hasn't been progressed manually at all, only automated background steps have happened, such as payment :-)

low 2013-12-02 18:19

Easy guys, have a cup of tea and relax. Try to focus on something else, like programming open source drivers for the N900 finally (or hack the NSA mainframe to get the Nokia sources if you want to reduce the challenge and fancy some well-dressed company for your tea).

Perhaps they just gave all preorders the chance to actually order by today.
Because if they had started shipping right away on the 27th, what sense would a preorder priority system have made? Imagine #86639 ordered Friday, and gets shipped; now today #451 finally wakes up from coma and orders, and gets shipped...wouldn't that be unfair, at least somewhat?

velox 2013-12-02 19:59

I only got my order# by ordering, so there is no waking up required at all.

But perhaps they get a better price when they know exactly how many packages to ship. Remember, they wrote something about "priority shipment in december".

Edit:
I've looked it up:
Please complete your purchase by 2 December, 2013 to ensure priority delivery in December. After this date, delivery times cannot be guaranteed or will vary.

seiichiro0185 2013-12-03 14:10

According to the last JollaHQ tweets shipping to the supported countries is in progress right now, so, did anyone get a tracking number yet?

They also tweeted that the Order ID shows the priority of your order, which means I should be in line at number 838.

ggabriel 2013-12-03 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 (Post 1392138)
According to the last JollaHQ tweets shipping to the supported countries is in progress right now,

Which tweet? The last one I've got is the intuition one.

seiichiro0185 2013-12-03 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggabriel (Post 1392143)
Which tweet? The last one I've got is the intuition one.

This one for example:

https://twitter.com/JollaHQ/statuses/407869415997202432

and some others in response to twitter questions about delivery. See
https://twitter.com/JollaHQ for all tweets, they are not all shown in your personal timeline.

ggabriel 2013-12-03 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 (Post 1392145)
This one for example:

https://twitter.com/JollaHQ/statuses/407869415997202432

and some others in response to twitter questions about delivery. See
https://twitter.com/JollaHQ for all tweets, they are not all shown in your personal timeline.

Thanks - although they have been saying that for a while now... this is why I thought you referred to something that they announced as opposed to something they responded to.

No tracking numbers AFAIK though, but judging by the fact that they are starting with Finland, maybe their first devices go directly to DNA for them to look after, and _then_ they start giving tracking numbers to the remainder. I don't know to be honest. I'd feel better to see people popping up with shipment emails :-D

seiichiro0185 2013-12-03 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggabriel (Post 1392146)
Thanks - although they have been saying that for a while now... this is why I thought you referred to something that they announced as opposed to something they responded to.

Well, they where all like "3-4 weeks for EU" on Friday for similar questions, so that might be a hint. on the other hand you are right, they also said "shipping right now" on 27th after the launch party so it might not mean much..

Damn, I just want my Jolla already ;) :D

ggabriel 2013-12-03 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 (Post 1392150)
Well, they where all like "3-4 weeks for EU" on Friday for similar questions, so that might be a hint. on the other hand you are right, they also said "shipping right now" on 27th after the launch party so it might not mean much..

The 3-4 week thing is just a copy+paste from the FAQ. Basically, they are telling you that from the moment that you pay, in 3-4 weeks you'll get the device. They said [in diaspora] that that was a very pessimistic estimate, which is cool, except for the ones that like a precise date and time :-)

cy8aer 2013-12-03 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggabriel (Post 1392152)
The 3-4 week thing is just a copy+paste from the FAQ. Basically, they are telling you that from the moment that you pay, in 3-4 weeks you'll get the device. They said [in diaspora] that that was a very pessimistic estimate, which is cool, except for the ones that like a precise date and time :-)

Maybe they wait for the bug reports of the first users and the devices wait for a new sailfish version for flashing. Who knows...

szymeczek34 2013-12-03 14:52

Definitely not. Flash 450 devices is one thing, flash 5000 devices(or perhaps 20000? We don't know) is much different.

ggabriel 2013-12-03 14:55

Please don't, I don't mind with over the air updates :-)

They also did mention that they flashed the first 450 manually but that the remainder would come flashed from factory as they would have the latest version, presumably the same as the first 450.

evk 2013-12-03 15:31

My guess is that most of the batch wasn't manufactured until the money started to roll in. On the other hand, 3-4 weeks seems like a rather short time to get the phones built in China and distributed to end consumers in Europe.

strongm 2013-12-03 15:44

Hmm - their recent "we are working on serving all pre-orders ..." seems rather convoluted and evasive to me. And is dramatically different from the claim on 27th

seiichiro0185 2013-12-03 15:50

yeah, it seems the wording of those replies changes quite often, and stays quite unclear most of the time...

Well, at the moment they are still within their "3-4 Weeks" from the shop/FAQ, so I guess we'll just have to wait a bit more. But the unclear statements from JollaHQ don't make this any easier... ;)

ggabriel 2013-12-03 15:55

It would be interesting to know whether DNA shops in Finland already have the device on the shelves.

MisterMaster 2013-12-03 16:50

Someone in a Finnish forum says he got a tracking number. He may be lying. Don't know.

inffy 2013-12-03 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMaster (Post 1392188)
Someone in a Finnish forum says he got a tracking number. He may be lying. Don't know.

He was lying...what he meant was the tracking code for the t-shirt.

lol

mikecomputing 2013-12-03 19:22

I hope they have Jolla representants at the china factory when manufactor the devices? This is to make sure manufactors don't cheat and replace with lower quality than Jolla chooses.

Because I really don't trust those factorys. Especially don't if you are a small company. They often try to save money in the end...

ste-phan 2013-12-03 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecomputing (Post 1392248)
Because I really don't trust those factorys. Especially don't if you are a small company. They often try to save money in the end...

We couldn't even trust them to leak pictures of the device internals ahead of the announcement, a good old tradition with Nokia phones :)

I am not in a hurry to receive my Jolla as I am not eager to give up integrated Flickr sharing, excellent camera quality, FM broadcast, high gain display outside, beepless call recording, one click web server to share any folder over wifi, integrated SIP calls, small and rounded form factor of my 808.
It would feel much better if I was dumping Android instead of Symbian for the Jolla. :rolleyes:
Let it come together with the first Sailfish OS update.

minimos 2013-12-04 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by inffy (Post 1392239)
He was lying...what he meant was the tracking code for the t-shirt.

"I'm the last one" (to get the t-shirt) :D

mikecomputing 2013-12-04 19:03

Sorry to say it but Jolla Phone will not come this year to us who had preordered.

Reason: I just know it <== EDIT: This was a stupid joke sorry if someone took that for real.

Especially after read this:

http://www.jollatides.com/2013/12/04...der-customers/

Dave999 2013-12-04 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecomputing (Post 1392643)
Sorry to say it but Jolla Phone will not come this year to us who had preordered.

Reason: I just know it. Especially after read this:

If they can't back up their statement I cancel my preorder. Lets hope I have it december 18th!

Lets hope all who paid before the second will get the phone before Christmas. They also said the starting to ship at release day. No where is it?

This is not the news I wan't!

Lets hope we don't need to use this image around christmas...Jolla still have time to save the cargo. They have the extra ship(the poopy red) and a heli to save the cargo and bring us the goods before it sinks the 25th of December :D

http://memecrunch.com/meme/96ZJ/ship...fail/image.png

kollin 2013-12-04 19:10

Quote:

Stay positive, PLEASE!

mikecomputing 2013-12-04 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by kollin (Post 1392646)
Stay positive, PLEASE!

I am not negative. All I am saying is I would not be suprised if we have to wait.

20 days to chrismas... 12 days is workdays... I don't blame them.

cvp 2013-12-04 20:07

in Germany 14 Days, without Sa.... with are 17 Days ;)

Bundyo 2013-12-04 20:31

Have in mind that most shipping orders travel during the non-working days too... :)

mariusmssj 2013-12-04 20:39

I am not too worried at all. Parcels sent from Finland first class can be in UK within 48 hours. Economy delivery takes around 2-5 days. So as long as they send it by the 18th it should be all ok for UK

rcolistete 2013-12-05 10:53

Quote:

Stop spreading FUD. You and the author of be above article are not sure about any dates.