maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Jolla Tablet Refunds (latest developments) (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96826)

jalyst 2016-06-07 13:04

Jolla Tablet Refunds (latest developments)

For tracking the refunds of Tablet buyers...

*UPDATE*
See this post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=11

Dave999 2016-06-07 13:08

Re: Jolla Tablet: Refund Round 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalyst (Post 1507141)
For tracking the final refunds for Tablet buyers.

Aha...so you delete my follow up thread and create a simular one. I'm too fast for you man. :D

Could you provide slightly more background info about what went down and why this thread is need? Or do you want me to do it?

jalyst 2016-06-07 13:11

Quote:

Or do you want me to do it?
Sure, but please try to be respectful/genuine/accurate.

chenliangchen 2016-06-07 14:11

Dave is the ONLY one in charge of anything related with tablet refund on TMO. Too well famed for that. I doubt anyone can challenge this. :D

pichlo 2016-06-07 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenliangchen (Post 1507146)
Dave is the ONLY one in charge of anything related with tablet refund on TMO.

Or the only one who cares.

jalyst 2016-06-07 15:31

The original thread is alive & well, for those who want to continue what that had devolved into:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94393&page=614

The focus of this thread is very clear/obvious, I had multiple PR's & PM's outlining why they felt the original had to got to OT.
Dave your latest post is going to be deleted, & the one that sparked your response...
You're already trying to derail this one, keep-it-up & infractions will come your way too, I've had too many complaints/reports.

tommo 2016-06-07 17:11

I'm confused, have they started the second round of refunds ?

jalyst 2016-06-07 17:50

Presumably they will very soon, if they don't ever do so, well, this thread can be locked, or go into OT for folks to do whatever they want.

tommo 2016-06-07 19:19

Very soon sounds good!

Dave999 2016-06-07 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalyst (Post 1507174)
Presumably they will very soon, if they don't ever do so, well, this thread can be locked, or go into OT for folks to do whatever they want.

Sounds fair enough. Very soon would be awesome, but I doubt it ... Can't wait for that to happen so I can leave this place.

But the only info I have from Jolla employees is that it will happend (possibly) one year from the first refund so basically around 11 months from now. 12 for some. If it happens at all.

"We have definitely stated that the next round will be in a year-time from the first round."

jalyst 2016-06-08 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1507188)
But the only info I have from Jolla employees is that it will happend (possibly) one year from the first refund so basically around 11 months from now. 12 for some. If it happens at all. "We have definitely stated that the next round will be in a year-time from the first round."

I wasn't aware of this, seems it's correct (thanks to Win7Mac for explaining further):
Quote:

*Getting Closure for and Resolving the Jolla Tablet Situation*
In light of the above, Jolla intends to do the following:
2. Refund the remaining Indiegogo contributors: Jolla aims to refund
the total contribution, including shipping and all accessories. Due to
the financial constraints this will happen in two parts: half of the
refund will be done during Q1/2016, and the other half within a year,
our financial situation permitting.
Source: https://blog.jolla.com/jolla-tablet-closure/
So there's no need for this thread at this time, my apologies!

I won't delete it entirely or lock it, I'll move it to OT now...
So folks can continue to discuss things there, even if it's pointless right now.

When -if- this 2nd phase proceeds in ~Apr 2017, someone tell me & I'll move it back.
Or someone else can start a new one in the Jolla Tablet sub-forum.

pichlo 2016-06-08 17:50

In all fairness, that "within a year" clause is ambiguous. It could mean "within a year from this announcement" or "within a year from the first part". Which again could be interpreted in more than one way. From the beginning or the end of the first part?

I am usually a devoted advocate of Hanlon's razor but, given Jolla's track record, I find it hard not to be cynical and assume the ambiguity was intentional.

jalyst 2016-06-08 17:59

Which is why I factored that in & said ~April+ commencement, "if" it ever happens ;)
OMFG, why the hell am I still up (& in this thread of all places!) Best/Night.

Dave999 2016-06-19 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalyst (Post 1507253)
Which is why I factored that in & said ~April+ commencement, "if" it ever happens ;)
OMFG, why the hell am I still up (& in this thread of all places!) Best/Night.

Yeah, I think its time for you to take a sleep and dont post during the night. Life will probably be nicer to you that way. Sleep tight.

How is it going with the jolla refund part 2 for you?

pichlo 2016-06-19 13:08

Oh dear. I never really supported or condoned Dave999's temporary ban but I do have to say that it was so lovely here for a while without being bombarded with the word 'refund' in every other post. (At least we have not heard the s-word yet.)

Dave999 2016-06-19 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1507899)
Oh dear. I never really supported or condoned Dave999's temporary ban but I do have to say that it was so lovely here for a while without being bombarded with the word 'refund' in every other post. (At least we have not heard the s-word yet.)

HaHa. I'm glad that removal of 7 post per week makes you happy 😂 or was it one thread in active topic that people couldn't handle...

just becouse we dont use the scam word twice per month doesent make it less scamish.

But fear not. The time will come when we all look back on this without thinking scam but just a failed campaign.

That day will come 2017. Hope we can restore freedom of speech here at TMO during 2017. Will be an EPIC year.

pichlo 2016-06-19 20:46

No, Dave. "We" already see only a failed campaign when we look back. The silence on the topic while you were away should be convincing enough. Just face it. You are the only one bringing it up 5 times a day (yes, Dave, a day, not a week) in every thread (yes, every thread, not just one). Without your constant rant, no one gives a sh|t.

Dave999 2016-06-19 21:13

it was so camn in this thread until you came along. :D

Let's stay undercover until refund news comes along.

gerbick 2016-06-20 02:10

Wise words to live by...

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1506947)
...there is no point reasoning with someone who a) is incapable of seeing his own faults and b) must always have the last word. The best approach is not to feed the troll.

Just a reminder. Thanks to you, I actually enjoy this site once again.

Back to lurking and learning...

Dave999 2016-06-20 05:42

you guys are amazing. You simply never stop. Time for you live by the words... a and b can be said about you too...simply amazing. That you can't se that :D

Now you (and I) have derailed this thread too...and you are incapable of see your part as derailers)

Just stop it and think for a while. It always takes two to tango.

mscion 2016-06-20 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1507976)
you guys are amazing. You simply never stop. Time for you live by the words... a and b can be said about you too...simply amazing. That you can't se that :D

Now you (and I) have derailed this thread too...and you are incapable of see your part as derailers)

Just stop it and think for a while. It always takes two to tango.

Good point! Who's yin and who's yang? Or does it matter...

Dave999 2016-09-17 13:22

jolla need to step up and lauch some updates soon regarding the refund so they can continue their business without the scamcloud circling above everything they are doing now. can't keep millions of its supporters money without approval. Given jollas trackrecords of refund delays from the first refund jolla must send out request mail to supporters in sept so people can get it right after new year.

would be a perfect gift ftom santa...

pichlo 2016-09-17 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1515189)
jolla need to step up

Dave999 needs to shut up.

juiceme 2016-09-17 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1515211)
Dave999 needs to shut up.

hear hear! :D

Win7Mac 2016-09-17 23:21

Dave needs to shut up and lauch some updates soon regarding new news so he can continue his business without the modcloud circling above everything he is doing now. can't keep millions of his garbage posts without approval. Given Daves' trackrecords of new news annoying from the first new news Dave must send out quality posts to community soon so TMO can get it right after all.

would be a perfect chance to show some dignity

Dave999 2016-09-18 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Win7Mac (Post 1515221)
Dave needs to shut up and lauch some updates soon regarding new news so he can continue his business without the modcloud circling above everything he is doing now. can't keep millions of his garbage posts without approval. Given Daves' trackrecords of new news annoying from the first new news Dave must send out quality posts to community soon so TMO can get it right after all.

would be a perfect chance to show some dignity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo&sns=em

Dave999 2016-10-23 12:30

We have now reached the air space of refund part 2. Anyone heard if Jolla planning another round for investers?

mosen 2017-06-24 13:37

Re: The Future of Jolla's Tablet

long time no see this thread...

Since we have new info on 2nd refund round from jolla ceo, lets collect related info and discussion here to keep other threads more readable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999
@Mosen. do we still have that google docs with all names to we can see the progress?

Yes it is still in my footer, but of no great use as many backers are missing. But if any of you is picked to be refunded and want to share, i will add info again.

Dave999 2017-06-24 14:42

There is no future for jolla tablet.

Dave999 2017-06-24 15:11

Re: Jolla Tablet

Refund coming up in a few days if you are lucky. Will be epic to see if jolla actually intends to refund any supporters or if this is just a marketing stunt.

https://blog.jolla.com/summer-2017-ceo-update/

Read here and check your mail. If you have lost your mail you have to contact jolla

mosen 2017-06-25 09:41

lol, you are right.
This thread is not even bumping anymore if new posts are made.
Glad you found an appropriate one.

Dave999 2017-06-25 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosen (Post 1529630)
lol, you are right.
This thread is not even bumping anymore if new posts are made.
Glad you found an appropriate one.

I think it's better to have threads where they belong since it gives a more serious touch to the forum, news paper country or whatever you are running.

But it's probably better to have it in off topic since it's more of free speech in this section. Governments around the world set all kind of ridiculous rules for their citizens, why should TMO be any different?

Long live Off-topic and Refund(and aliens)

Your link goes to this very thread :D

Who will win in the jolla refund roulette game...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0

The winner takes all. GL

Dave999 2017-07-02 15:17

Re: Jolla Tablet Refunds (latest developments)

Anyone got the July refund. It will be intresting to see if this is real or fake.

Dave999 2017-07-05 17:22

So it seems that jolla announced July refund, but going for 0 refund. Atleast show the economic forecast for this month/year. Looks like another empty promise...

zenecho 2017-07-06 10:43

Technically we are only on day 6 of July, so still some more days to go. Im sure it will all be resolved soon :)

They did say July THIS YEAR though, didn't they?

Or maybe if it based on profits, they did not make any profit this month?

Dave999 2017-07-06 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenecho (Post 1530205)
Technically we are only on day 6 of July, so still some more days to go. Im sure it will all be resolved soon :)

They did say July THIS YEAR though, didn't they?

Or maybe if it based on profits, they did not make any profit this month?

Yeah. You are right, it's still early in the game. But given vacation, time it take to send out mail and collect answers 20 days will be gone in no time.

Well if they don't have any profit that should be announced too. They would now that long before. Communication is key!

Dave999 2017-07-15 07:13

Checkpoint Charlie. 50% of month is gone, 50% is left and the same goes for the refund itself.

Will Jolla have the skill, passion, economy and smartness to actually push out atleast one Refund to a random backer in July . That would be a tiny step for the humanity but a giant leap for Jolla.

Or will we all face another year with no action, interaction and no comment regarding the topic.

Let the Olympic waiting games in Helsinki begin...

Dave999 2017-07-25 15:42

So Jolla initiate the random news with no refund and not a word. Inspires confidence.

mscion 2017-07-25 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1531338)
So Jolla initiate the random news with no refund and not a word. Inspires confidence.

Perhaps you should be confident that you probably will not receive a refund!

Dave999 2017-07-25 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscion (Post 1531342)
Perhaps you should be confident that you probably will not receive a refund!

That is entirely possible. But at least they can come to this thread and tell us to our virtual faces. :D

I still believe they will come through.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/7447c257...t0c4o1_500.gif