maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   sixaxisd (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94432)

n950 2015-01-08 12:25

sixaxisd

Hi,
I search sixaxis daemon deb file for harmattan.
Anybody can give me a link to download it please?

This link doesn't work
http://mail.pdaxrom.org/~sash/N9/sixaxisd_1.0_armel.deb
Thanks

aspergerguy 2015-01-08 13:06

Re: sixaxisd

Quote:

Originally Posted by n950 (Post 1455896)
Hi,
I search sixaxis daemon deb file for harmattan.
Anybody can give me a link to download it please?

Is this what you are after? http://allnokia.ru/hub/view-224.htm

n950 2015-01-08 13:26

No i need sixaxis daemon deb file named

Sixaxis_1.0_armel.deb

Like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXWHDsssOYE

I don't want https://openrepos.net/content/craigmabbitt/sixaxis

I want the daemon file only.

n950 2015-01-09 09:07

Nobody have kept the file i want here and can share with me?

tirtawn 2015-01-09 23:53

Looks like nobody have it,
so you would need to ask someone to compile it ?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdax...ootloader/src/

n950 2015-01-10 08:10

Thank you yes

anybody can compile it to have a deb file for harmattan?

really appreciated

Thanks

www.rzr.online.fr 2015-01-10 11:42

Anyone has a copy of sixaxisd_1.0_armel.deb ?

Just curious what do you want to hack on with it ?

I am checking how to rebuild it today

http://rzr.online.fr/q/bt

Please

join
https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NT...Q?src=global9#
and give me your email
I'll send you sixaxisd_0.0.0-0~rzr1_armel.deb to test

Halftux 2015-01-10 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by n950 (Post 1456091)

anybody can compile it to have a deb file for harmattan?

In principle yes, you haven't tried yourself?

The only question is if a change of the source is needed. I have no controller but here is the compiled sixaxisd from sourceforge.

Try and report.

*Edit: never mind rzr is faster :) I am to slow in posting.
*Edit(2): removed attachment sixaxisd_0.2.1_armel.deb because it seems not to work

www.rzr.online.fr 2015-01-10 12:34

mine is from SCM :) that's why I used 0.0.0 version
but please report if it work I will upload to openrepo

same w/ 0.5tux

n950 2015-01-10 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halftux (Post 1456113)
In principle yes, you haven't tried yourself?

The only question is if a change of the source is needed. I have no controller but here is the compiled sixaxisd from sourceforge.

Try and report.

*Edit: never mind rzr is faster :) I am to slow in posting.

I have installed sixaxisd with terminal.

When i want to run it with , sixaxisd command

I have an error,

Sh: sixaxisd: not found

Why?

nb. Is your file for maemo or harmattan?

n950 2015-01-10 13:05

dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/sixaxisd_0.2.1_armel.deb
Sélection du paquet sixaxisd précédemment désélectionné.
(Lecture de la base de données... 48171 fichiers et répertoires déjà installés.)
Dépaquetage de sixaxisd (à partir de .../sixaxisd_0.2.1_armel.deb) ...
aegis-installing sixaxisd (from '')
Paramétrage de sixaxisd (0.2.1) ...
~ # sixaxisd
sh: sixaxisd: not found

Halftux 2015-01-10 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by n950 (Post 1456118)
Sh: sixaxisd: not found

Why?

nb. Is your file for maemo or harmattan?

It is for harmattan. But this file is not in search path make a symlink to sixaxisd or execute like this ./sixaxisd

you need to do in terminal:

devel-su
cd /opt/sixaxisd/bin
./sixaxisd

n950 2015-01-10 13:25

I try
Thanks again

n950 2015-01-10 13:33

cd /opt/sixaxisd/bin
/opt/sixaxisd/bin # ./sixaxisd
sixaxisd: can't bind to psm 17: Permission denied
/opt/sixaxisd/bin #

Halftux 2015-01-10 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by n950 (Post 1456127)
cd /opt/sixaxisd/bin
/opt/sixaxisd/bin #

You need to execute as root therefore you need to open a developer super-user terminal session with

devel-su

the default password is rootme

n950 2015-01-10 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halftux (Post 1456129)
You need to execute as root therefore you need to open a developer super-user terminal session with

devel-su

the default password is rootme

I already execute as root.
devel-su
rootme

n950 2015-01-10 13:46

BusyBox v1.20.0.git (MeeGo 3:1.20-0.2+0m8) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ devel-su
Password:

~ # cd /opt/sixaxisd/bin
/opt/sixaxisd/bin #

Halftux 2015-01-10 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by n950 (Post 1456130)
I already execute as root.
devel-su
rootme

That is strange. For me it works.
I get the same error message when I execute it as normal user.
However when you run it in devel-su it runs and I get a message:
listening for connections

n950 2015-01-10 13:57

how can i do?

Halftux 2015-01-10 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by n950 (Post 1456135)
how can i do?

I don't know maybe I have an open-mode kernel but I thought I have a stock PR1.3 system.

N950 PR1.3
- Kernel:2.6.32.54-dfl61-20121301
- no inception
- only developer-mode installed

Can somebody confirm that is stock? What is the signature from open-mode kernel or kernel-plus.
How I can check if I already installed open-mode kernel?

n950 2015-01-10 14:42

rzR deb file,

$ devel-su
Password:

~ # killall bluetoothd
~ # killall bluetoothd
~ # killall bluetoothd
~ # killall bluetoothd
killall: bluetoothd: no process killed
~ # /usr/sbin/hciconfig hci0 up
~ # /usr/sbin/hciconfig hci0 lm master
~ # /usr/sbin/hciconfig hci0 piscan
~ # sixaxisd
listening for connections
initializing controller 00:16:FE:6D:F9:8A

HtheB 2015-01-10 16:34

It seems like it works now?

n950 2015-01-10 17:50

After initializing controller i need to keep terminal open right? If not ps3 controller disconnect.

Where can i test ps3 controller? What application?

Thanks

u7knv9h 2015-01-31 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halftux (Post 1456139)
I don't know maybe I have an open-mode kernel but I thought I have a stock PR1.3 system.

N950 PR1.3
- Kernel:2.6.32.54-dfl61-20121301
- no inception
- only developer-mode installed

Can somebody confirm that is stock? What is the signature from open-mode kernel or kernel-plus.
How I can check if I already installed open-mode kernel?

Code:

accli -I
tells you if you are in open mode

also, rzr, can you upload it to openrepos.net? i can't find anywhere that deb, and Halftux one doesn't work properly for me (maybe it's my fault btw, i am on openmode and /opt/sixaxisd/bin/sixaxisd starts and is listening for connections, but my controller won't show up)

u7knv9h 2015-02-01 11:29

i'm on open mode, and every sixaxisd version i try (i even tried with the maemo5 version) shows me "listening for connections" but when i press the sixaxis' PLAYSTATION button, sixaxisd says nothing, and the controller doesn't connect. i've found very little documentation about this online, and the post on meego forums is gone (it isn't even on web.archive.org), so i'm asking here.
has anyone this same issue?

n950 2015-02-01 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by u7knv9h (Post 1459178)
i'm on open mode, and every sixaxisd version i try (i even tried with the maemo5 version) shows me "listening for connections" but when i press the sixaxis' PLAYSTATION button, sixaxisd says nothing, and the controller doesn't connect. i've found very little documentation about this online, and the post on meego forums is gone (it isn't even on web.archive.org), so i'm asking here.
has anyone this same issue?

Your Bluetooth PS3 controller address need to be the same as your N9 BT address.

u7knv9h 2015-02-01 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by n950 (Post 1459181)
Your Bluetooth PS3 controller address need to be the same as your N9 BT address.

how do i change the controller's address or the n9's address?

---

nevermid, i figured it out

http://orikad.com/sixpair_instructions.html
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Sixaxis#USB_Pairing

(these instructions work on any linux distribution as long as you have libusb installed and a working compiler)

claustn 2017-12-18 17:22

I am also trying to use it with an N9, the sixaxisd file posted here doesn't work for me, it doesn't find the controller. I can't find the compiled version of rzr.
The controller works fine with Android.
MAC address changed with windows.

Halftux 2017-12-19 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by claustn (Post 1539449)
The controller works fine with Android.

Is your controller a cloned one or original one?

claustn 2017-12-20 07:48

Cloned! but works fine with all the other devices...

Halftux 2017-12-20 10:07

After reading carefully this thread and reading between the lines. I would guess that my compiled version is not working, but the version from rzr seems to work. Sadly that it is not uploaded here and that no one could clearly report which one is working or not (60 downloads = 60 fails = 0.3 reports :confused:).

I had a look into the svn source code which rzr was using and I will make a binary from svn. It looks like that this lost sixaxisd_1.0_armel.deb was made from svn because there is a debian folder with this version numbering.

Nevertheless some cloned ones (shanwan, gasia) could need a newer bluez stack or a patched kernel because there offered HID service which is not Bluetooth compliant.

Did you test your cloned controller with the N900 or only with newer devices?

Stay tuned I will compile and upload hopefully the version from svn soon.

Halftux 2017-12-20 12:04

2 Attachment(s)
I hope this time it is working, not tested so far need to get a controller.

Requirements: Controller need maybe the same mac like the N9 you need to change this over usb for example with "sixpair"

1. you need to be root (devel-su)
2. kill bluetooth daemon (repeat it few times quickly)

Code:

killall bluetoothd
3. check if bluetooth is killed

Code:

ps ax | grep bluetoothd
4. configure bluetooth

Code:

/usr/sbin/hciconfig hci0 up
/usr/sbin/hciconfig hci0 lm master
/usr/sbin/hciconfig hci0 piscan

5. start sixaxis daemon

Code:

sixaxisd
6. press (PS) button to start the connection and it will accessible through:

Code:

/dev/input/js0
and mouse emulation maybe /dev/input/mouse0

claustn 2017-12-20 16:40

I'll try in the next days, thank you very much! My device is a N9 with openmode, hope this will work :)

claustn 2017-12-22 18:29

I've uninstalled the previous package with warehouse, installed the new and now it doesn't find hciconfig anymore (not present in the folder). How can I reinstall it?
I've tried with apt-get install hcitool and apt-get install hciconfig, but the result is always the same:
E: Couldn't find package hcitool

Tried also apt-get install --reinstall bluez (should contain hciconfig), this is the output:
Code:

~ # apt-get install --reinstall bluez
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Recommended packages:
  osso-product-info
The following packages will be upgraded:
  bluez
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
Need to get 472kB of archives.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Get: 1 https://coderus.openrepos.net ./ bluez 4.91-0maemo26+0m8 [472kB]
Fetched 472kB in 1s (244kB/s)
aegis-deb-release: Missing ':' in '
    </body>
</html>'
aegis-deb-release: Missing ':' in '</div>
<div id="uamask" class="uamask"></div>
</body>
</html>'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/OVI/catch_d                                                                                        eb.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/OVI/auto-ov                                                                                        ibackup.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/OVI/startca                                                                                        tch.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Galleryfix/                                                                                        gif-asso2.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Galleryfix/                                                                                        gif-asso1.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Emoticons/t                                                                                        heme_activator.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Secure/devi                                                                                        ce_secure.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Notifer/not                                                                                        ifer.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Refresh/qsh                                                                                        utdown'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Refresh/qre                                                                                        boot'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Autowall/au                                                                                        to-back3.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Autowall/au                                                                                        to-back4.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Autowall/au                                                                                        to-wall3.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Autowall/au                                                                                        to-wall4.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/UA/uaincept                                                                                        ion'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/UA/uaopenmo                                                                                        de'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Operator/op                                                                                        erator2.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/DPKG/contro                                                                                        lfile.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/DPKG/conver                                                                                        ter.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/DPKG/creato                                                                                        r.sh'
(Reading database ... 73808 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace bluez 4.91-0maemo26+0m8 (using .../bluez_4.91-0maemo26+0m8_                                                                                        armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement bluez ...
aegis-installing bluez (from 'com.nokia.maemo')
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/OVI/catch_d                                                                                        eb.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/OVI/auto-ov                                                                                        ibackup.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/OVI/startca                                                                                        tch.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Galleryfix/                                                                                        gif-asso2.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Galleryfix/                                                                                        gif-asso1.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Emoticons/t                                                                                        heme_activator.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Secure/devi                                                                                        ce_secure.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Notifer/not                                                                                        ifer.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Refresh/qsh                                                                                        utdown'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Refresh/qre                                                                                        boot'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Autowall/au                                                                                        to-back3.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Autowall/au                                                                                        to-back4.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Autowall/au                                                                                        to-wall3.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Autowall/au                                                                                        to-wall4.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/UA/uaincept                                                                                        ion'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/UA/uaopenmo                                                                                        de'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/Operator/op                                                                                        erator2.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/DPKG/contro                                                                                        lfile.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/DPKG/conver                                                                                        ter.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'n9-qtweakall::/opt/N9QTweak/DPKG/creato                                                                                        r.sh'
Processing triggers for applauncherd-launcher ...
Setting up bluez (4.91-0maemo26+0m8) ...
Updating desktop entries... Done
~ # /usr/bin/hciconfig hci0 up
sh: /usr/bin/hciconfig: not found
~ #

Halftux 2017-12-22 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by claustn (Post 1539566)
now it doesn't find hciconfig anymore (not present in the folder)

sorry my fault it should be /usr/sbin/hciconfig

claustn 2017-12-23 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halftux (Post 1539568)
sorry my fault it should be /usr/sbin/hciconfig

Thank you for your time but it doesn't work, when I start the daemon it doesn't find any device. This library doesn't like unofficial devices...
I'll try with sailfish on my Nexus 5 maybe, on Android works correctly-