maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   N9 Bug List (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85519)

Vromoth 2012-07-16 04:48

N9 Bug List

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread about the bugs we get on the N9 and have an easy to manage and view thread.

If you have any bugs that you wish to post then please do, I'll update the list every few days and also add solved bugs that I find around the forum.

Rules:
1. You must be able to replicate the bug you post(Unless its a bug that causes you to reflash your phone)
2. It can't be a bug in any third party software
3. Try and be as informative about your bug as possible

Other places to look for or post bugs are:
Dev Sub-Forum
Tracker

Bugs:
Can't install apps(installation interrupted)[Solved]
Facebook app fails to post comments and messages at times[Unsolved]
Drive app gets stuck on loading screen, must restart app[Unsolved] [Confirmed]
Loading for Swype keyboard is rather slow[Unsolved]
Can't type comma in DNS server settings.[Unsolved]
Cannot create a youtube account with google credentials.[Unsolved]
Unable to change username on pop3 emails in the account setup when the name is already set.[Unsolved]
Can't delete calendar events on the DAViCal server[Solved]
Cannot create a youtube account with google credentials.[Unsolved]

Vromoth

TMavica 2012-07-16 05:01

Re: PR1.3 Bugs

cant install apps!? Are you kidding? Never happen..

aironeous 2012-07-16 06:19

Often when I make a comment on a facebook article following an item from my feed the comment will not appear. Sometimes it only does not appear if I try to make a second comment.
In frustration trying to go back to feeds to click on the item again thinking that will refresh it, when refreshing after making the comment did not work, you cannot find that item any longer on your feeds and a lot of times all items from that source are now gone from your feeds.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ker/bugs_2.jpg

ignore them^

fpdesign 2012-07-16 06:59

Problem with opera the keyboard remain always i hirizontal position wiwith home setting set to auto rotate

marrat 2012-07-16 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by fpdesign (Post 1238078)
Problem with opera the keyboard remain always i hirizontal position wiwith home setting set to auto rotate

But that's not a Bug of PR1.3, the keyboard problems with opera were always there.

Vromoth 2012-07-16 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by aironeous (Post 1238068)
Often when I make a comment on a facebook article following an item from my feed the comment will not appear. Sometimes it only does not appear if I try to make a second comment.
If frustration trying to go back to feeds to click on the item again thinking that will refresh it when refreshing did not work you cannot find that item any longer on your feeds and a lot of times all items from that source are now gone from your feeds.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ker/bugs_2.jpg

ignore them^

Facebook does tend to be buggy, I get that also. I'll add it to the list.

baem90 2012-07-16 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vromoth (Post 1238047)

Bugs:
Can't install apps(installation interrupted)[Unsolved]

Vromoth

you must upgrade your system-ui

devel-su #enter pass
wget http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/...+0m8_armel.deb
export AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN=com.nokia.maemo
dpkg -i system-ui_1.3.2-1+0m8_armel.deb

Vromoth 2012-07-16 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by baem90 (Post 1238094)

devel-su #enter pass
wget http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/...+0m8_armel.deb
export AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN=com.nokia.maemo
dpkg -i system-ui_1.3.2-1+0m8_armel.deb

I don't have system-ui installed. I did have it in pr1.2 but i then did a full reflash for pr1.3. Thanks anyway though. :)

trayhoper 2012-07-16 09:30

Re: PR1.3 Bug List

Can't type comma in DNS server settings.

Vesuri 2012-07-16 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vromoth (Post 1238098)
I don't have system-ui installed. I did have it in pr1.2 but i then did a full reflash for pr1.3.

system-ui is a stock Harmattan application. It's always installed. The comment above may be related to a "hacked version of system-ui" but

Quote:

Originally Posted by baem90 (Post 1238094)

definitely is not a generic solution to an application installation related problem. Using pkgmgr, apt-get or dpkg from the command line would probably reveal the actual reason for the problem. Installation of applications works just fine in PR1.3 if the dependencies of the applications are correct.

rainisto 2012-07-16 15:20

listing bugs here, or listing features that are not even bugs, doesn't get you anywhere.

If you have real bug, and want to report it in hopes that it would be fixed then use http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...p?220-Nokia-N9 as that is the only official way to report bugs to harmattan currently (the team that is responsible fixing Harmattan maintenance release bugs are not reading TMO).

Vromoth 2012-07-17 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vesuri (Post 1238257)
system-ui is a stock Harmattan application. It's always installed. The comment above may be related to a "hacked version of system-ui" but

definitely is not a generic solution to an application installation related problem. Using pkgmgr, apt-get or dpkg from the command line would probably reveal the actual reason for the problem. Installation of applications works just fine in PR1.3 if the dependencies of the applications are correct.

Ok thanks, doing a "devel-su apt-get update" fixed it.

Quote:

listing bugs here, or listing features that are not even bugs, doesn't get you anywhere.

If you have real bug, and want to report it in hopes that it would be fixed then use http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...p?220-Nokia-N9 as that is the only official way to report bugs to harmattan currently (the team that is responsible fixing Harmattan maintenance release bugs are not reading TMO).
I agree, but you can still post it here, the idea of this thread was so that people could open up the first page and find out if there bugs had been solved and then how to do it.

aironeous 2012-07-17 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vromoth (Post 1238092)
Facebook does tend to be buggy, I get that also. I'll add it to the list.

It's almost as if someone is trying to p*** me off like, "ha ha try to make a comment go on. Nope didn't work ha ha. Ok watch him try to go back to his feeds screen and find it ha ha ha where is it? Where is it, it's gone, ha ha! Thought you could make a comment didn't you? OK ok watch him open firefox and try to find that feed on his facebook page to see if his comment posted. Ahhh ha ha ha mobile version, try to find the feed now!"

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../bug_smith.jpg

mapl 2012-07-17 03:02

Anyone else having facebook and twitter woes?

Hambert 2012-07-17 03:16

Drive app gets stuck at loading screen, and you must close and reopen it.

tortoisedoc 2012-07-17 04:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hambert (Post 1238537)

Happened to me too - the screen does not refresh; sometimes also with other apps.

Deltor26 2012-07-17 04:59

Loading time for the swype keyboard is embarrassingly slow. While I appreciate the snappy scrolling I have now in my homescreen and the event screen, looks like Pr 1.3 screwed up the keyboards.

Vromoth 2012-07-17 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deltor26 (Post 1238550)
Loading time for the swype keyboard is embarrassingly slow. While I appreciate the snappy scrolling I have now in my homescreen and the event screen, looks like Pr 1.3 screwed up the keyboards.

Have you tried FasterN9? It seamed to fix my slow keyboard.

trayhoper 2012-07-17 10:54

Second time : "Can't type comma in DNS server settings." Try to change your dns.

alephito 2012-07-17 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hambert (Post 1238537)

You can also minimize it and maximize it again. It is faster.

But yes, I have this bug too.

javiermon 2012-07-17 15:16

Bug:
- Cannot create a youtube account with google credentials.

Deltor26 2012-07-17 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vromoth (Post 1238631)
Have you tried FasterN9? It seamed to fix my slow keyboard.

Yeah, I'm looking into that but then I read about the reboot loops some are having and I don't know if I am brave enough to go through with that. I might try it though if the problem with the swype keyboard persists.

specc 2012-07-18 08:35

Unable to change username in the account setup when the name is already set. For po3 email.

Vromoth 2012-07-18 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by trayhoper (Post 1238654)
Second time : "Can't type comma in DNS server settings." Try to change your dns.

Sorry about that trayhoper, its up now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deltor26 (Post 1238898)
Yeah, I'm looking into that but then I read about the reboot loops some are having and I don't know if I am brave enough to go through with that. I might try it though if the problem with the swype keyboard persists.

Deltor, I have not had that problem. But make sure you get 9.7 not 9.4 which is on the start page. 9.7 is somewhere later in the thread. But it is worth it. However after uninstalling before upgrading to pr1.3 I did get malf but I had already backed up my data so it was all good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by specc (Post 1239142)
Unable to change username in the account setup when the name is already set. For po3 email.

Is this a bug? Please elaborate, is it only for a certain type of email account or for all?

specc 2012-07-18 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vromoth (Post 1239188)
Is this a bug? Please elaborate, is it only for a certain type of email account or for all?

pop3 accounts. When you first set up your account it works fine. I discovered it when I misspelled my user name and wanted to change it. The window where the user name is, is not responding to taps, but looks OK.

thedead1440 2012-07-18 11:11

specc you mean the mailbox name? it works fine on my pop3 mail account...

specc 2012-07-18 22:43

no, the user name. The name you use to log into your pop3 account.

m4r0v3r 2012-07-19 00:19

When I click on someone names on the message application there numbers that have been synced from Facebook don't show up

talmage 2012-07-19 18:04

As I explain in this thread, my PR1.3 N9's CalDAV client might not be in compliance with the CalDAV specification. It could not delete calendar events stored on my DAViCal CalDAV server. When it attepts to delete a calendar entry, it sends a DELETE message with an empty message body. DAViCal rejects this as an ill-formed message. To be compliant, the CalDAV client must send the DELETE message without any body at all. A simple DAViCal patch fixes the issue for my server. I don't know if other servers behave this way.

jalyst 2012-07-19 21:46

This is decent idea but aren't you inevitably going to be doubling-up on many bugs that are already doco'd in the tracker & the dev sub-forum?*
This should just be focussing on the new bugs/regressions that have arisen since PR1.3...
To avoid others I guess you'll have to cross-reference against the tracker & the dev forum, or users that still have PR1.2. (ideally clean flashed)

*that's been the place to report bugs since the tracker was closed a few weeks after PR1.2

automagic68 2012-07-20 00:42

It seems in PR1.3 I'm unable to open links in text messages, my default browser is set to nightly from Romaxa's Fennec builds.
So I downgraded to Aurora and the problem is fixed, however I'm also unable to install the latest versions of Nightly.

Vromoth 2012-07-21 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalyst (Post 1239987)
This is decent idea but aren't you inevitably going to be doubling-up on many bugs that are already doco'd in the tracker & the dev sub-forum?*
This should just be focussing on the new bugs/regressions that have arisen since PR1.3...
To avoid others I guess you'll have to cross-reference against the tracker & the dev forum, or users that still have PR1.2. (ideally clean flashed)

*that's been the place to report bugs since the tracker was closed a few weeks after PR1.2

Thanks for that, I'll have the links in the first post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by automagic68 (Post 1240055)
It seems in PR1.3 I'm unable to open links in text messages, my default browser is set to nightly from Romaxa's Fennec builds.
So I downgraded to Aurora and the problem is fixed, however I'm also unable to install the latest versions of Nightly.

Hmmmmm... This seams to be more of a Firefox bug than a N9 system bug. Clad you got it working though.

Vromoth

Deltor26 2012-07-24 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vromoth (Post 1239188)
Sorry about that trayhoper, its up now.

Deltor, I have not had that problem. But make sure you get 9.7 not 9.4 which is on the start page. 9.7 is somewhere later in the thread. But it is worth it. However after uninstalling before upgrading to pr1.3 I did get malf but I had already backed up my data so it was all good.

I read the thread and there was soemone there who said be mindful if you have some apps installed because he/she went into constant reboot loops when installed and seeing as I have those apps, I got a little scared.:o

Deltor26 2012-07-24 10:10

Re: N9 Bug List

I have noticed a new bug and I don't know if it's just my N9....I cannot watch video on the preloaded youtube app.:( It won't load at all! What could be the fix for this...if there's any?

balisingh 2013-03-16 06:13

Most annoying things about the N9

Recently i realized there are some really annoying things about the N9. I ll start off the list.

1. If you dont have an internet connection, like when you are roaming, the internet connection dialog will pop up so excessively that you wont be able to do anything, literally. You have to keep swiping it away and somehow manage to open settings and turn off internet connections. Takes a while and VERRRRRRYY annoying.
2. Maps always zooms down to the micro level on startup. I just want it to stay where it is.
3. You dont get a skype call option if the number is not in international format. +1.

thedead1440 2013-03-16 06:35

Re: Most annoying things about the N9

For the first one disable background connections and ensure you don't have Web or Wazapp running; they are the cause of the persistent prompts. Sometimes you need to enable and disable the background connections again.

Also mcetool should be able to help too iirc.

2) Maps go down to where you are; its a feature I appreciate so bug maybe for you.

3) Agreed

EDIT: Threads merged!

SamGan 2013-03-16 07:48

Actually, enable background connections to solve No.1. Yes, it's counter intuitive which is why many users complain about it. However there are some really bad apps which keep asking for connection like Smartrunner.

pagis 2013-03-16 08:21

IThink Skype requires numbers in that format, so that is not a bug.

AMD 2013-03-16 08:25

I usually get rid of the 1st annoying thing by simply quitting Wazapp. This is the cause of it for me. Just try to quit Wazapp before disconnecting, and you won't see this again

misterc 2013-03-16 08:49

lack of integrated hardware keyboard :mad:
for that reason alone my N9 mostly stays @ home, effectively unused

the international number format is indeed a Skype feature / requirement, no matter what the platform.
don't blame it on the N9 (or N900 for that matter - is the same)

lack of camera button

lack of (µ-)SD slot; i have a 64GB model, but having to go thru all the connection circus all the time to actually safely store your data (backups or otherwise) is a hassle :(

in line with the "applications market" rubbish there is no "easy" aka user-friendly way to install apps from repository (see lack of HW kbd for apt-get...)
apps effectively only can be installed (comfortably) from OVI store.